Thread: Season Ticket Holder Loyalty Options

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Season Ticket Holder Loyalty Options

What do you folks think?

http://pacerselite.com/loyalty/#/select-your-option

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear "Season Ticket Holder"

As you may have heard, the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) between the NBA and the Player's Association has expired and an agreement for a new CBA has not yet been reached. Negotiations will continue and will hopefully bring about a resolution that is in the best interests of our teams, our players, our fans, and our game.As a valued Full Season Ticket Plan Holder, we want to provide you with information about the two options available if games are cancelled this season. By clicking here, you can review specific details of both the Pacers Loyalty Option and the Basic Option, and then select your preferred option. The Pacers Loyalty Option will allow you to earn a 10% credit from games missed, while the Basic Option provides a refund, plus 1% annual interest. Both options become unnecessary if a new labor agreement is reached prior to the start of the 2011-12 season.

We have always considered the Pacers and Conseco Fieldhouse as a community asset and partner. Whether we are playing games or not, I pledge to all fans and citizens that this franchise will continue as an active, vibrant and important part of our community. We all know basketball has a distinctive legacy, particularly in Indiana. We remain committed to ensuring a world-class experience and championship caliber basketball for our fans.
    Thank you for your important support for the Indiana Pacers. We look forward to seeing you soon at Conseco Fieldhouse.
    Sincerely,

Herbert Simon
    Owner/Chairman & CEO

-------------------------------------------------
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Season Ticket Holder Loyalty Options

Pretty basic stuff, but does provide a little incentive to let them keep your money even if games are missed.

That said, I'd feel like a bit of a sucker if I picked the first option and they canceled the season. Yes, I would get the following season basically free of charge plus %10 interest, but that's a long time to let them keep my money (15+ months) without having to actually do something, and in the end I don't see any actual cash out of it.

It becomes worse if god forbid they raise ticket prices (doubtful, but possible) for the 2013 season, and it wound up eating into my %10 credit.

As a paying customer, if I'm going to let them keep my money, I want a check in the mail for %10 the price of my ticket for every missed home date. That would at least show some commitment on the part of the team to keep my business.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-01-2011 at 07:59 PM.

That was a nice note by the owner himself.

I'm happy I didn't purchase a package yet so I wouldn't have to deal with a refund if need be.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Vaguely worded, as usual, but at least they have started with something at this early date to look like they care about fans.

I suspect that the pot will be sweetened a little more before things settle and the lockout ends, especially if it goes the way many think it will. If not, the Pacers are missing out on a gigantic opportunity to attract a larger core fanbase and keep them happy (they have never been good at that in my experience), which in my view is key to the future success of the franchise going forward because the core fanbase is who talk about the Pacers, and who want to take family and friends to games with them, and who wear Pacers' gear in public, thereby increasing brand awareness for the franchise. The better that these people are treated, the better off the franchise will be.

I hope they learn that someday.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The day after they fired JOB, I paid the full season amount for this up coming season. I'm still deciding what to do now. I wanted to see other peoples thoughts.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vaguely worded, as usual, but at least they have started with something at this early date to look like they care about fans.

I suspect that the pot will be sweetened a little more before things settle and the lockout ends, especially if it goes the way many think it will. If not, the Pacers are missing out on a gigantic opportunity to attract a larger core fanbase and keep them happy (they have never been good at that in my experience), which in my view is key to the future success of the franchise going forward because the core fanbase is who talk about the Pacers, and who want to take family and friends to games with them, and who wear Pacers' gear in public, thereby increasing brand awareness for the franchise. The better that these people are treated, the better off the franchise will be.

I hope they learn that someday.
    It was great we made the playoffs this past season because the fanbase had finally started expanding again.

More people were wearing Pacers gear again, more people turned on Pacers game on TV.

It'll all lead up to an increase in attendance and no doubt it'll happen whenever the season may start.

If anything, we have everyone's attention and will are only going to get better. Young core, a ton of cap space, great arena.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

I purchased season tickets at the draft party and asked about this very topic. It seems that things have changed a little since then because that's not what my rep told me.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

10% loyalty bonus is like 10% interest on your money if they hold it for 15 months. Beats the crap out of getting a refund and putting it in a 1% savings account.

Seriously, the only problem with it in my mind is if the number of games lost means the money we spent on those games +10% is more than the cost of STs for 2012-2013. We really don't buy extra tickets in the amount of the bonus, we like our seats and don't want to upgrade.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I would rather watch the full 11-12. Get it done folks. Or get buried by the NFL.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFan31 View Post
    I purchased season tickets at the draft party and asked about this very topic. It seems that things have changed a little since then because that's not what my rep told me.
    I got season tix that night also. When I asked, our Rep said we'd get refunded for any missed games + (x)interest. He told me he wasn't sure the interest amount yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand View Post
    I got season tix that night also. When I asked, our Rep said we'd get refunded for any missed games + (x)interest. He told me he wasn't sure the interest amount yet.
    haha sounds like I need to switch my rep then.

I doubt they would raise rates if the season were completely cancelled and folks were unable to use their 10% credit. That would be one slap in the fact to the fans, followed by another, at a time when fans will be truly pissed that millionaires and billionaires could not find common ground. These ain't Middle East peace talks at Camp David!