Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Indiana George Blog

  1. #1

    Default Indiana George Blog

    I have not seen this posted before so sorry if it has. I saw it on Twitter and thought i'd pass it along.

    http://www.indianageorge3.blogspot.com/

  2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Young For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,653

    Default Re: Indiana George Blog

    Kids got class

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jose Slaughter For This Useful Post:


  5. #3

    Default Re: Indiana George Blog

    That's that IPS and IUPUI education for you right there, mad writing skills.

  6. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,667

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana George Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kids got class
    Extremely well crafted. He has paid a significant compliment to San Antonio and has provided Indianapolis a lot to look forward to. But most importantly, he has already let us know what kind of a young man he is.

    Things have changed very quickly from the posts made when the trade was first announced.

    All I can say is that I will be extremely surprised if Hill does not quickly become one of the team leaders and a player that is likely to become one of my favorites.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  8. #5

    Default Re: Indiana George Blog

    OK, really people, how much fun is it going to be to watch GH, DG, PG and RH fight for the leadership position on this team using pillows? These guys are too good to be true.

    Thank you Larry Bird for bringing in some high quality people to represent the Indiana Pacers.

  9. #6
    Member Wilk39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Logansport, IN
    Posts
    70

    Default Re: Indiana George Blog

    I don't think we have to worry about DG fighting for the leadership role.

    Anyways, it is a great read from a man who seems to know what a difference he can make off the court as a professional. Can't wait!

  10. #7
    Member skyfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,559

    Default Re: Indiana George Blog

    One of the most articulate responses I've ever heard from a sportsman. Once again, fantastic trade by Larry. Can't wait to see him on the court

  11. #8

    Default Re: Indiana George Blog

    Anyone else notice that at the end when he put "See you later San Antonio," he put the "see you later" part in italics? I think it's pretty obvious that it was a wink-wink gesture towards SA to let them know that he's not going to re-sign with the Pacers, and is going back to San Antonio after this year. I mean, it's quite obvious. They'd be working to extend his contract now if he was staying, which they're not. And if he wasn't planning to just bolt, he would've named the blog Indiana George Hill, not Indiana George - a blog that can be conveniently taken over by Paul George once Hill bolts. Because PG is in on this with George Hill, since PG even just wants to go play for the Lakers once his rookie deal is over. Free agents hate Indiana. And by now you're reading this and thinking, really, is this guy serious? And the answer is no, no I'm not. Glad to have Hill on this team.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smj887 For This Useful Post:


  13. #9

    Default Re: Indiana George Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by smj887 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else notice that at the end when he put "See you later San Antonio," he put the "see you later" part in italics? I think it's pretty obvious that it was a wink-wink gesture towards SA to let them know that he's not going to re-sign with the Pacers, and is going back to San Antonio after this year. I mean, it's quite obvious. They'd be working to extend his contract now if he was staying, which they're not. And if he wasn't planning to just bolt, he would've named the blog Indiana George Hill, not Indiana George - a blog that can be conveniently taken over by Paul George once Hill bolts. Because PG is in on this with George Hill, since PG even just wants to go play for the Lakers once his rookie deal is over. Free agents hate Indiana. And by now you're reading this and thinking, really, is this guy serious? And the answer is no, no I'm not. Glad to have Hill on this team.
    If what you say is true, I will be highly upset and may stop watching until the playing field is leveled. Plus if this year doesn't even happen does that mean we never see him play for us, and PG will only have 2 years left on his rookie deal, and Hibbert will need to be re-signed?

    Or do the contracts pick-up where they left off?

  14. #10
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Indiana George Blog

    Read his post again.

  15. #11

    Default Re: Indiana George Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Read his post again.
    I missed the last part, he had me there for a minute!

    Still though I don't understand how the contract situation works if the season is never played?

  16. #12
    v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,295

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana George Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by smj887 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else notice that at the end when he put "See you later San Antonio," he put the "see you later" part in italics? I think it's pretty obvious that it was a wink-wink gesture towards SA to let them know that he's not going to re-sign with the Pacers, and is going back to San Antonio after this year. I mean, it's quite obvious. They'd be working to extend his contract now if he was staying, which they're not. And if he wasn't planning to just bolt, he would've named the blog Indiana George Hill, not Indiana George - a blog that can be conveniently taken over by Paul George once Hill bolts. Because PG is in on this with George Hill, since PG even just wants to go play for the Lakers once his rookie deal is over. Free agents hate Indiana. And by now you're reading this and thinking, really, is this guy serious? And the answer is no, no I'm not. Glad to have Hill on this team.
    Went from ... to ... to are you kidding? ... to

    It like one of those trick quizzes where at the beginning it says to read everything first, then there are a bunch or ridiculous questions. The last one says ignore everything and write your name on the top or something.

    As far as George hill goes, thank you Larry! Great guy to have here. I really feel like we're getting somewhere.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  18. #13

    Default Re: Indiana George Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by smj887 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else notice that at the end when he put "See you later San Antonio," he put the "see you later" part in italics? I think it's pretty obvious that it was a wink-wink gesture towards SA to let them know that he's not going to re-sign with the Pacers, and is going back to San Antonio after this year. I mean, it's quite obvious. They'd be working to extend his contract now if he was staying, which they're not. And if he wasn't planning to just bolt, he would've named the blog Indiana George Hill, not Indiana George - a blog that can be conveniently taken over by Paul George once Hill bolts. Because PG is in on this with George Hill, since PG even just wants to go play for the Lakers once his rookie deal is over. Free agents hate Indiana. And by now you're reading this and thinking, really, is this guy serious? And the answer is no, no I'm not. Glad to have Hill on this team.
    It took me a while to realize you were only joking.

    I was going to say. No need to read too much into this.

    The lockout really has been effecting people on PD and people have been thinking and reading too much into **** and acting stupid.

    George Hill is really freakin happy to be back home, but will miss the friends he made with the Spurs players and that organization.

    He's going to be huge for us and for the future.

    We're looking great. Finally can kiss the dark days of the Pacers between 07-10 goodbye and hello to a good young team and a packed CFH.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  19. #14
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,187
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana George Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by smj887 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else notice that at the end when he put "See you later San Antonio," he put the "see you later" part in italics? I think it's pretty obvious that it was a wink-wink gesture towards SA to let them know that he's not going to re-sign with the Pacers, and is going back to San Antonio after this year. I mean, it's quite obvious. They'd be working to extend his contract now if he was staying, which they're not. And if he wasn't planning to just bolt, he would've named the blog Indiana George Hill, not Indiana George - a blog that can be conveniently taken over by Paul George once Hill bolts. Because PG is in on this with George Hill, since PG even just wants to go play for the Lakers once his rookie deal is over. Free agents hate Indiana. And by now you're reading this and thinking, really, is this guy serious? And the answer is no, no I'm not. Glad to have Hill on this team.

    Wow I really wanted to just ignore you for this post alone. Glad I read it all the way through.


    I think George is gonna give us all the good that Jarrett Jack did.

  20. #15
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,460

    Default Re: Indiana George Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I missed the last part, he had me there for a minute!

    Still though I don't understand how the contract situation works if the season is never played?
    That is all up for negotiation. It could just be replayed as if the lock-out never happened, unlikely, or it is just a lost year(most likely).
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  21. #16
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,958
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana George Blog

    I think he'll give us the good of Jarrett Jack and more. He's been in a mode where he feels the need to defer to san antonio's hall of fame players, hence why he performs so much better subbing in for injured stars than playing as their backup, despite the minutes being somewhhat similar in both situations. Without the established heirarchy and high profile stars I think Hill will let lose on offense a little bit more often.

    I think he'll have a nice jump scoring the ball next year, while maintining his rep as an excellent defensive player. If we get a nene or someone else, that will move tyler to the bench beast role who else in the league really has a clear cut better bench than

    Stephenson/ Hill
    Hill/ Rush
    Rush/Posey
    Hansbrough
    Foster

    At the very least it'd be up there Hill is already one of the better reserve players and a big part of winning teams, and hans would absolutely eat backup power forwards of offense.

    If stephenson shows promise it could be the best bench in the entire NBA, and teams with great benches tend to put up gaudy regular season win totals.

Similar Threads

  1. Area 55 season thread for 2010-11
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1386
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 11:07 AM
  2. Paul George Blog - 9/29/10
    By BPump33 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-29-2010, 09:11 PM
  3. What George Karl is really going through
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 09:58 PM
  4. Indiana gets list of alleged violations related to phone calls
    By Will Galen in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 02:31 PM
  5. My Original Article
    By scar in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 09:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •