Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 78

Thread: Seen Lance

  1. #1
    Member Pacerfan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Speedway, IN / Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    29

    Default Seen Lance

    I was watching a documentary on Netflix last night about the top under high school players in the country playing a game against each other at Rucker park. Anyways the teams consisted of a lot of current NBA players including Beasley, Bayless, Green, Love, Singler, Lance and others. Lance was the youngest of all the players being only 15. Most were 17-18. Now I know why Larry is so high on him. Dude straight killed it. He was insane. Had crazy vision, great athleticism and decent defense. I really hope he matures or is maturing because he could really help our team in the future.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pacerfan83 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    Not doubt Lance can ball.

    This summer, he's doing everything he should be doing. He's staying in Indy and working more on his game and trying to adjust to what we want him to do for us.

    Outside of basketball, he's become a better guy. He's been in the community and just spending his summer in Indy and mind on basketball is the best thing you can ask for from him or any young player.

    I cannot wait to see how he and George do. Both guys are really good combo guards who can tear it up. Should be fun.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Member Pacerfan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Speedway, IN / Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    That's what I like to here. Our backcourt will be solid with DC, Both george's and Lance.

  6. #4
    Member sportfireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,180
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    I'm going to check it out. Whats the name of the Netflix show they are in?

    EDIT: Found it....Gunnin For That #1 Spot..... If anyone else wants to check it out.
    Last edited by sportfireman; 06-30-2011 at 12:08 AM.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

    Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,858
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to check it out. Whats the name of the Netflix show they are in?

    EDIT: Found it....Gunnin For That #1 Spot..... If anyone else wants to check it out.
    Ya ive seen not this documentary but some tapes when he balled verus John Wall and a bunch of great ballers at rucker park. Rumor was last got the better of John Wall but i didn't see the full game so i don't know if that is true.


    all the elite HS players play. Lance played a few years in a row.





    (ALERT NO DEFENSE IS PLAYED IN THESE ALL STAR GAMES)
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 06-30-2011 at 01:03 AM.

  9. #6

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    ^ John Wall is ridiculously fast

  10. #7
    Member Placebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    357

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    The entire documentary is available free on youtube.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11lvAG7WKP4

    I always watch it on draft days to get in the mood lol.

  11. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,858
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The entire documentary is available free on youtube.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11lvAG7WKP4

    I always watch it on draft days to get in the mood lol.









    audio does not work on last part

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    Go Paytherth! rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,821

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    ...beasley talks tooooo much :P funny seeing him jabber at love especially now that they're on the same team

    i swear, if it was 3 years ago and someone told me Lance Stephenson would get drafted by the pacers, i would have pooped my pants thinking the pacers finally caught a break and got a top 3 pick and a future superstar. I guess the latter is still possible

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:


  15. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,858
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...beasley talks tooooo much :P funny seeing him jabber at love especially now that they're on the same team

    i swear, if it was 3 years ago and someone told me Lance Stephenson would get drafted by the pacers, i would have pooped my pants thinking the pacers finally caught a break and got a top 3 pick and a future superstar. I guess the latter is still possible
    Kevin Love was huge in HS

  16. #11
    Member Pacerfan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Speedway, IN / Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...beasley talks tooooo much :P funny seeing him jabber at love especially now that they're on the same team

    i swear, if it was 3 years ago and someone told me Lance Stephenson would get drafted by the pacers, i would have pooped my pants thinking the pacers finally caught a break and got a top 3 pick and a future superstar. I guess the latter is still possible
    Yeah Beasley talked mad smack at Love. Beasley backed it up on the court but Love held his own. Not much doubt who is better now LoL

  17. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    489

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    Lance Hype has to stop. He is a great basketball player & a terrible professional.

  18. #13
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,609

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bega View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance Hype has to stop. He is a great basketball player & a terrible professional.
    Little early to brand him that, no?
    Sittin on top of the world!

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  20. #14

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Little early to brand him that, no?
    Lol no. He pushed a girl down the stairs!

  21. #15

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol no. He pushed a girl down the stairs!
    And Kobe Bryant raped some chick. What's your point?

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to DeuceXL For This Useful Post:


  23. #16
    Dood. Ownagedood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    Ya ive seen him play streetball back then before as well. He was awesome. That's why he was very popular coming out of high school. Thus far it has just taken him a little while to transition from street/High school ball to College ball and now the NBA. But i think he does have ridiculous potential.

  24. #17
    Member CoolHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    303
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol no. He pushed a girl down the stairs!
    Oh, you were there and saw that happen? The last I heard, they dropped that case against him, which means to me, that the DA must not have had a very good case against him. It's very possible, as far as I'm concerned, that the g/f made it up in an attempt to get $$. He has undoubtedly exercised some poor judgment at times, but let's not make him guilty of crimes for which he hasn't even been prosecuted, let alone found guilty in a court of law.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CoolHand For This Useful Post:


  26. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    489

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Little early to brand him that, no?
    No, he lost out when we had to bring back T J Ford for his immaturity issues. The organization locked up a playoff spot, MDJ makes the playoffs for the first time in his career and I have to read an article Lance demoted to 4th string. He was just getting his chance to show the fans what Larry is drooling over and blew his chance.

  27. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    489

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol no. He pushed a girl down the stairs!
    Mad/Angry women are very scary. Lance felt threatened & defended himself.

  28. #20
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,597

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol no. He pushed a girl down the stairs!
    You would make an awful jury member.

    You assume he did because some media outlet told you he did.

    If you remember correctly, the charges against him were dropped.

    Now that's not to say he didn't do it, but it sure doesn't say he did do it either.

    It's better to just let the whole thing go. Unless you were there (were you ) it's better to just leave it in the past.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  30. #21

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, you were there and saw that happen? The last I heard, they dropped that case against him, which means to me, that the DA must not have had a very good case against him. It's very possible, as far as I'm concerned, that the g/f made it up in an attempt to get $$. He has undoubtedly exercised some poor judgment at times, but let's not make him guilty of crimes for which he hasn't even been prosecuted, let alone found guilty in a court of law.
    Yah I wasnt there when O.J killed two people either.

  31. #22

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You would make an awful jury member.

    You assume he did because some media outlet told you he did.

    If you remember correctly, the charges against him were dropped.

    Now that's not to say he didn't do it, but it sure doesn't say he did do it either.

    It's better to just let the whole thing go. Unless you were there (were you ) it's better to just leave it in the past.
    Good point.

    If you weren't there, it never happened.

    Brilliant.

  32. #23
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    Every damn time.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:


  34. #24
    Member CoolHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    303
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good point.

    If you weren't there, it never happened.

    Brilliant.

    I think the point is that unless you were there, you don't know what happened. Furthermore, without having all the evidence at hand, one shouldn't assume someone guilty of something of which they've been accused. Isn't our court system based upon "innocent until proven guilty?" So why assume that Lance is guilty (as your original statement did)? Wouldn't you want the benefit of the doubt if you had been accused of something (assuming you were innocent)? Innocent people are accused of things all the time. That is why we have a court system to decide the cases, and don't just have police throwing people straight into prison. But go ahead and keep assuming the worst of people. Karma has a way of working that stuff out...

    I'm not saying that Lance didn't push her down the stairs, by the way. I'm just saying that I'm not going to assume he did, since I don't have all the facts of the case. That is not fair to him, or anyone in those circumstances.

  35. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    489

    Default Re: Seen Lance

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good point.

    If you weren't there, it never happened.

    Brilliant.
    How do you know Lance wasnt trying to walk away from the argument & this angry lady would not let him leave?

Similar Threads

  1. Lance returns to the place he dominated
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 02:23 PM
  2. My Lance Stephenson thread..
    By O'Braindead in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 02-27-2011, 11:55 AM
  3. wade ,rose, mayo, lance?
    By Pacers2012 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 04:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •