Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pryor as TE for the Colts?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pryor as TE for the Colts?

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thing is that the players who need money can get money from pell grants. Jay Paterno wrote a good article on this:

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/...g+a+Great+Deal
    My thing is for all the money that they bring in for their universities it wouldn't be too much to give them some spending money... I know when they go to bowl games they get spending money and a ton of other stuff, if they can pay them then, then they can pay them during the school year..
    Why so SERIOUS

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    My thing is for all the money that they bring in for their universities it wouldn't be too much to give them some spending money... I know when they go to bowl games they get spending money and a ton of other stuff, if they can pay them then, then they can pay them during the school year..
    yeah but the bowl games, stuff comes from the bowls I believe. Like all the gifts and stuff.

And the universities do make a ton of money off of them, but lets remember, there are a ton of college sports. I had a journalism teacher at PSU that did a report on the athletics department and money. She found out that only three teams made a profit: Football, men's basketball and women's basketball. Penn State has 20+ NCAA teams. This was in like 2005 and I suspect the womens volleyball team makes a profit now. So while the handful of teams make money, the rest lose money. Where do they come up with it? The major sports.

So players getting paid would force teams to get cut in the long run and thats just not good. They already are getting a sweet deal.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Mood

Supplemental draft right around the corner, heard rumor that McShay was talking about the Colts as one of the teams possibly interested in him...

I think that I would take a chance on him with a 5th maybe 4th round pick...(I think it would actually take a 4th though)

With the Colts most likely picking late if they continue to win like they have in the past.

I doubt that there will be many if any people left in the 4th that have the same type of talent that Pryor has, as a TE possibly WR. I think it would be worth the try, he will probably end up being a better WR for the Colts than TJ Housh....
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Supplemental draft right around the corner, heard rumor that McShay was talking about the Colts as one of the teams possibly interested in him...

I think that I would take a chance on him with a 5th maybe 4th round pick...(I think it would actually take a 4th though)

With the Colts most likely picking late if they continue to win like they have in the past.

I doubt that there will be many if any people left in the 4th that have the same type of talent that Pryor has, as a TE possibly WR. I think it would be worth the try, he will probably end up being a better WR for the Colts than TJ Housh....
    I think a 6th will get him. What if he goes un picked would he be a free agent?

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I'd give a 6th for a 6'6/240 guy that runs a 4.4 and just see what you can do with him as a developmental prospect, some kinda h-back role, not a QB. Couldn't care less what he did at Ohio State. Worth a flyer, we didn't get him then oh well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I think a 6th will get him. What if he goes un picked would he be a free agent?
    Yes they become free agents after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'd give a 6th for a 6'6/240 guy that runs a 4.4 and just see what you can do with him as a developmental prospect, some kinda h-back role, not a QB. Couldn't care less what he did at Ohio State. Worth a flyer, we didn't get him then oh well.
    Looking back at our draft history the only guy that we got in the 5th that was worth much of anything was Mathis... which probably would have went higher if he went to a division 1-a school.

Every other pick has pretty much been a wash... 4th round we typically get good/decent role player Diem,Tamme, Thornton, Jason David, Session, Delone, Jaqcues, Collie.

This is just the list that amounted to anything though, there are a lot that I didn't list that never did anything...

one more reason for possibly offering a 5th maybe 4th is because his value a year from now will probably be atleast that of a 4th or 5th round pick and we could include him in a trade if need be(preferably not though) but I doubt that you would lose any trade value by trading him instead of a 4th or 5th...

All and all it will be interesting to see what team he ends going to next week... chances are that he will be with the RAIDERS, lol
    Why so SERIOUS

Is there anyone else in the supplemental draft that's worth going after?
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

I would love if the Bears got him. But Mike Martz doesn't know how to use big guys like Greg Olsen so doubt he would use Pyror

Mood

ESPN reported that Pryor was Indianapolis today talking with the organization as well getting a physical done as well as measurements....

Dude ran a 4.36 in his 40... he wants to play QB but will be open to play other positions as well..

This should be interesting....

I have a feeling that some team like the Raiders will end up giving up a 2nd rd pick for him...
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Is there anyone else in the supplemental draft that's worth going after?
    for us.... ? but caleb king and Michel Mcadoo will get a lot of looks possibly Keenan Mace... but i doubt it...
    Why so SERIOUS

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd probably go as high as a 5th for Pryor.

If he wants to really play QB, I don't think there's a better landing spot for him than here. Mind you I said a better landing spot for him, not us. He won't be ready to play QB soon, and we have no need for him to be ready soon. If he attached himself to Peyton Mannings hip and absorb information and learn how hard the best work at it, he's going to help himself.

I don't know if he has the hands to play WR or TE in the NFL, or the courage needed to go over the middle. You may throw him in there and tell him to run a straight line and toss it deep to him once in a while though.

What you can't do is play the middle, and let him play TE/WR at times, and still try to groom him as a QB. You probably need to pick a job for him, and stick to it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

for us.... ? but caleb king and Michel Mcadoo will get a lot of looks possibly Keenan Mace... but i doubt it...
    I watched King play at UGA quite a bit. He was one of the most highly touted prospects coming out of high school at RB in the past 10 years..and rightfully so. That was until he broke his leg his senior year in HS. He was never the same runner after that. He was decent enough at UGA but he'll never be more than a backup RB at the NFL level. Just doesn't have the long speed or lateral agility for it. Great vision and cutback ability. I hope he gets drafted but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go undrafted and then get signed after.

As far as Pryor goes, I think a lot of teams would be willing to take a flier on him based off of his athleticism. It's not often you see guys his size run a 4.38. He'll never play QB at the NFL level but WR is not out of the question.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Moses For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    I'd probably go as high as a 5th for Pryor.

If he wants to really play QB, I don't think there's a better landing spot for him than here. Mind you I said a better landing spot for him, not us. He won't be ready to play QB soon, and we have no need for him to be ready soon. If he attached himself to Peyton Mannings hip and absorb information and learn how hard the best work at it, he's going to help himself.

I don't know if he has the hands to play WR or TE in the NFL, or the courage needed to go over the middle. You may throw him in there and tell him to run a straight line and toss it deep to him once in a while though.

What you can't do is play the middle, and let him play TE/WR at times, and still try to groom him as a QB. You probably need to pick a job for him, and stick to it.
    He plays the QB position with a nasty streak, he often looked for contact instead of just running away from it, I am not too worried about his physicality or being able to take a hit. As far as the catching thing I would be surprised if he wasn't able to do that, especially from his athletic background.

Like anquan he was a good bball as well as fb player in hs... I know Anquan played a decent amount of WR in college though, and not saying that Pryor will turn into Anquan, but I think he will be at the least a decent NFL WR just because of his height, strength, and speed alone.

I think a 5th would be good and what I would like to give up, but like I said earlier, our 4th is almost the same as a lot of teams 5th in most years, but we will see tomorrow, I think there are teams that will surprise everyone now that pryor ran the 4.3 40...
    Why so SERIOUS

I hope the Colts don't pick Pryor just because I would never EVER stop hearing about it from my Razorback fiancee and her mother (mostly joking).