View Poll Results: 2nd most important player will be...

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • Danny Granger

9 5.08%
  • Roy Hibbert

66 37.29%
  • George Hill

24 13.56%
  • Paul George

57 32.20%
  • Darren Collison

13 7.34%
  • Tyler Hansbrough

6 3.39%
  • Other

2 1.13%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's the 2nd best Pacer next year?

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Default Who's the 2nd best Pacer next year?

Who do you think will be the second best/most important Pacer next year (2011-2012 season)? If you select Danny Granger, explain who you think will be first.

Default Re: Who's the 2nd best Pacer next year?

It has to be Roy if he can continue to grow not only as a Shot blocker but on the offensive end we will be a hell of a team as Roy goes we go.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lance is first right?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

It is either really good or really bad that I can't identify the second best player. Personally I am leaning towards really good.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is either really good or really bad that I can't identify the second best player. Personally I am leaning towards really good.
    I think its because it depends on the development of our players. I think it will be Hibbert. He really needs to assert himself this upcoming season. I expect him to be like November Roy for the whole season and if he is that will be a very good thing.

Although, with how much hard work Paul George puts in, I wouldn't be terrible surprised if he emerged to be our 2nd best guy next season. Especially if Roy doesn't improve as much as I hope. But I don't think that will happen and I'm not sure if PG will make that step.

hibbert is clearly our most important player. not sure how anybody could have watched this past season and think differently. when he was playing well, the pacers were competing and defeating the best in the league. when hibbert was struggling, the pacers began to struggle. thus, granger will likely be our 2nd most important player next season if he isn't traded for a utah big.

poll question should be cleared up. best player and most important player are two entirely separate questions.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    hibbert is clearly our most important player. not sure how anybody could have watched this past season and think differently. when he was playing well, the pacers were competing and defeating the best in the league. when hibbert was struggling, the pacers began to struggle. thus, granger will likely be our 2nd most important player next season if he isn't traded for a utah big.

poll question should be cleared up. best player and most important player are two entirely separate questions.
    The same can be said about Granger. When he shoots a high % we are a much higher chance to win. I can't remember the exact numbers, but when he shoots over 40% we usually win.

AUSTRALIA'S NO.1 PACER FAN

interesting that over the last 4 years, the pacers are 19-21 without danny in the lineup. not saying that means anything...

well since lance stephenson is our best player ill go with granger

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrHale For This Useful Post:

PG will continue to emerge, and although I did choose PG, it will only be towards the end of the year. Hibbert and Granger will be the focal points early, so PG will continue to need to focus on defense.

Lance will have a better year than PG did last year. You heard it here first. If Lance plays at least 15-20 minutes a night, I think he'll average around 10pts, 3 assists, 2 boards, .5 steal.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think DG33 will slightly be the best because of his experience, but then PG, closely follwed by Hibbert and then Hill imo.

Im getting really excited about this team and we haven't even hit Free Agency.

Hill and PG are both great defenders. Put Hill on our team instead of Price... We probably win that Bulls series.
    Last edited by Ownagedood; 06-24-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Sports Logo

Paul Millsap

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hmmm.... man this could go so many ways....

If Roy the Beast shows up consistently, then he's the one. But that's a BIG if...

Paul's improvement could make things interesting.

And don't count out Hansbrough! This will be his first summer to focus on basketball and figure out what he needs to work on, I think this will be a telling year for Psycho-T. He could emerge as #2.

Collison and Hill are much of the same, to me. They both come from similar situations --- played behind star PGs who got injured and they stepped up and filled in admirably, get traded to the Pacers and likely not live up to expectations, lol.... I hate to be pessimistic, but I just see so many similarities between the two. They even have similar stats. I'd go on record as saying that Hill is Collison-lite right now. Maybe a lil' better defender. I still think Collison is our best PG now and in the future... Hill is a nice backup for sure. I don't see either one becoming #2 on the team.

-------

I'm gonna go with Hansbrough. He plays the way I like. He's a leader. He sets the tone for this team. I still feel like our playoff "push" last year was almost entirely sparked and maintained by Hansbrough (and Vogel). I think he's going to get things figured out and become a very reliable #2 for us this next year. Hibbert will frustrate me with inconsistency, and I think we're still a year too early for Paul George, although he will improve this year. I see him become a factor in the following 1-2 years.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 06-24-2011 at 10:44 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    Paul Millsap
    I was thinking Beasley

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    interesting that over the last 4 years, the pacers are 19-21 without danny in the lineup. not saying that means anything...

Your feelings on Danny have been made abundant.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    Your feelings on Danny have been made abundant.
    If the Pacers are almost .500 with or without DG, then he cannot be the most important player. Maybe the best, but not most important. Hibbert is by far the most important. If he improves again next year, things are really looking up for the Pacers!!!!

I voted Hill. I think he will make a solid impact -- he's kind of a "safe" pick in my mind.

I hope it is Roy, but I just don't know what he will do.

I don't quite think PG will be the second best player yet next year, but he could be.

Mood

Has to be Roy... I will say he has to be our 2nd best player because being 1st might be too much pressure on him....

He will be the key big guy and will have to take a dominate approach to his game... we really don't have many bigs so his play will be super important down low. He will have to make sure to stay out of foul trouble and be effective when he is in foul trouble.

I have seen George play for years, BR, IUPUI, and Spurs... I think he will take over the PG position and the offense will run through him, I like him at the 1 better than DC, he is a playmaker and knows how to get people involved. I am not worried about his assist as much as most, he is a natural leader and has tons of experience.

Wouldn't be surprised if he became our 3rd most important player.

as far as importance for next year I am going:

Granger>Hibbert>G.Hill>Tyler>DC>George

PG, defense and his offensive game will be that much better.

I am intrigued by a George and George backcourt.

i cant wait another 3 1/2 months

Huh?

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Interesting, yet very difficult, question(s) to answer. Here is my rambling attempt...

Based on who the Pacers currently have, it is tough to tell, though the team leader needs to be Hansbrough. He leads by example, and embodies "smashmouth" basketball. Therefore, to me, he is the most important player, though not the best (most talented), who I would currently designate Granger as despite the accolades being given to Lance NYC-Legend-in-his-own-mind Stephenson by Larry Legend.

To answer the question of who is the second best / most important player based on who is currently on the roster, again the two designations lead to different conclusions for me.

The second most important player is Roy Hibbert. He can control the emotional aspects of the team with his infectious enthusiasm, but he can also sap the team's energy at times if he is being hard on himself when the opposition frustrates him with physical play.

The second best player on the team in talent terms is even more difficult to define. Is that current talent or potential? Is the ability to recognize what is actually happening on the floor and reacting correctly more often than not while still having a diverse skillset the determining factor? My gut tells me that Paul George should be the answer to this question, but reluctantly so. I suspect that either Hansbrough or McRoberts should be in this conversation (McRoberts was hampered greatly against the Bulls with nagging injuries but chose not to use that as an excuse for his relatively poor performance), and that arguments could be made for Collison and possibly Hibbert as well. So, I guess I will choose Paul George as the second most talented player.

For the future, whenever and wherever the next season begins, I don't think it is possible to make a determination of what the makeup of the roster will be, let alone where players on that roster would rank. Other than the most desirable player for the future of the franchise Paul George (PG or George are no longer clear enough to be sure who is being referred to IMO) and the likely untradeable Lance (not due to his "mad skillz"), it is truly difficult to determine with certainty who will remain with the franchise. All of the rest of the players are tradeable (Dahntay even getting more tradeable with his contract length getting shorter) and for the most part have enough desirability that they could either be good trade pieces of their own accord or at least decent sweeteners in various combinations depending on the needs of whatever trading partners happen to be.

But, at least the Pacers have all of the resources needed to become a franchise that is both competitive and desirable in nearly any eventual future after the CBA / lockout is settled, and whose speculative value to potential buyers is nearing a high due to its potential, whether any prospective buyers would keep the franchise here or choose to pay the penalties required to move it to any number of locations, whether it be Anaheim or Sacramento, Newark (already has indicated it wants a replacement for the Nets), Kansas City, etc.

Goooooooo Pacers!!!!!!!!! But, please don't go, Pacers...

Undefeated

I was really torn between Hibbert and Tyler. Both have the potential to really improve over this off-season and the change of coaches, both can have a big positive impact on the play on the court and the chemistry of the team...

I went with Hans in large part because he's only played one season, and I think this offseason is a big turning point for him. He's got a coach (assuming Vogel) that he'll run through a wall for, and a motor and drive to add offensive moves and defense. Hans actually added moves during the season last year when practice time is limited, so I think therefore he has the most potential to become an essential cog.

Paul has the most ability to improve and could be huge for us, even starting next year, but I don't think the pressure is on him as much to be a leader.
    Danger Zone

I went with Hansbrough.. If he can improve just his consistency then he makes the Pacers really tough to play.

Hill might be our second best player -right now-

Most important is probably Paul George and Hibbert, with a lean toward the big guy.