Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 306

Thread: David West might be the move to make...

  1. #76

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    He's opting out for money and no contenders have it. IMO we will have a shot to sign him if Bird wants him.

    You are overlooking a S&T from a championship contender.

  2. #77

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Read what Unclebuck just posted and tell me if David is talking money or winning? Miami, Knicks and all the big 8 teams can get him for MLE.

    The present MLE is almost 2 mil less than 7.5 mil he's opting out of. IMO, I believe there is an excellent chance there will be no MLE in the new CBA , or one much less than the current MLE.

  3. #78

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are overlooking a S&T from a championship contender.
    Not overlooking it just didn't mention there.

    Right and I read that thinking that there is no way that MLE. The only way he goes to a contender IMO is a sign and trade and who is looking for a pf on a contending team.

  4. #79
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,605

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    David wants money and winning under the new CBA AND the league owns the Hornets... I don't see it happening. NBA owned hornets won't trade him under duress to a winner like Carmelo. A "win big" team won't have money to throw at him in Free agency. The Pacers might be his best option to get paid and have the potential of winning, although, not big. We'll see what the league looks like post lock out, but it could be not what West and his agent expects.

    Is West saying he only cares about winning mean he'll play for peanuts, I don't think so. This is likely his last big contact, he needs to maximize that.
    Really? If David opts out the Hornets (league owned) has no rights to him. WTF are you talking about there? There's no trade there!!!

    MLE - 6.5 mil in a big market on a contending team is more then he gets now! And if he goes to the Heat he will break even cause he wouldn't have to pay income tax in Florida.

    I don't see a lockout and I don't see this CBA resolved this year. I do believe they will extend the CBA as is till next year. It is not in the best interest for the league/owners/players to have a lockout cause there probably would not be a season...They are to far apart to get this resolved.

    And if they do get it resolved in time, all the exceptions will be in place with a mutual pay decrease and no hard cap. So, the new CBA will not alter enough to screw up the rosters. Also, any changes will take affect over a coarse of a few yrs. Not overnight, again, so rosters won't get screwed!!!
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 06-27-2011 at 10:22 AM. Reason: typo

  5. #80
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,605

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The present MLE is almost 2 mil less than 7.5 mil he's opting out of. IMO, I believe there is an excellent chance there will be no MLE in the new CBA , or one much less than the current MLE.
    the current MLE is 6.2mil and it will increase for next year as aways. It will be approx. 6.5mil. with each year having an increase in salary!
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 06-27-2011 at 10:25 AM.

  6. #81

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't really follow what you're getting at here, so this may be way off. However, if you think CP3 is only 4% better than Collison, you are 400% bat **** crazy.
    Well thats obvious.

    Point being both players get assisted at a similar rate from there pg. Most of the time what made Tyler inconsistent was the pnp situation. When his shot was on he killed it and when it was off he ended up hurting the team IMO. This isn't the only thing just the one thing I was pointing out.

    Dwest is more consistent in those situations in which case he would work better with Collison in those situations.

  7. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well thats obvious.

    Point being both players get assisted at a similar rate from there pg. Most of the time what made Tyler inconsistent was the pnp situation. When his shot was on he killed it and when it was off he ended up hurting the team IMO. This isn't the only thing just the one thing I was pointing out.

    Dwest is more consistent in those situations in which case he would work better with Collison in those situations.
    Getting passes from CP3 is WAY different than getting passes from DC, DC sucks at passing the ball.

  8. #83
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,001

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are overlooking a S&T from a championship contender.
    I think he might wind up here. If he does though, we aren't doing the Hornets any favors after what happened at the trade deadline.

  9. #84
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    "David wants to win, whether it's in New Orleans or someplace else," agent Lance Young tells Y! " He wouldn't rule out re-signing with NOLA.
    1 hour ago


    WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    Young: "He wants a fair shot to look and see what else is out there...He's loved the Hornets. It's about finding the perfect place to win."
    1 hour ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

    WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    Doctors have told West that his knee should be 100 percent for a return on November 1, Young said.
    1 hour ago

    WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    Two teams that'll be active with David West in free agency: Indiana and New Jersey. For the Nets, especially if they lose Kris Humphries.
    1 hour ago

    MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells
    To add to @WojYahooNBA's tweet bout Indy expected 2 have interest in D West, Pacers also have Carl Landry, also a free agent, on their radar
    35 minutes ago

    STEIN_LINE_HQ Marc Stein
    Hornets PF David West, recovering well from April knee surgery, headed for free agency. ESPN.com link: http://es.pn/jobmXF
    8 hours ago

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:


  11. #85

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It will be approx. 6.5mil. with each year having an increase in salary!

    I don't see it being anywhere close to 6.5 mil if there is even one in the new CBA.

  12. #86
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,001

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    I hope that's not true about Landry. It's like we have a mild case of Kahn syndrome, except for backups.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  14. #87
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    Do I want West over Tyler? Sure.
    Tyler is a black hole compared to West. Which to me is the single biggest weakness for Tyler as a starter. If you are going to play heavy minutes and not be a good defender, then you have to be a complete offensive player which means pass a little. Sure, CP3 helps West a lot. But so does West for CP3&co.
    Also, West is a more skilled scorer and he's far less limited in terms of scoring spots.

    Do I care much about fit with Hibbert? I suppose so, if Hibbert is a cornerstone. But honestly, I'd rather have a real talent like West and figure it out. Hibbert is expendable to me in that situation.

    I don't care about West's age, as has been pointed out many times, he's played WAY less games than Dwight Howard or LeBron, which is more important. The injury would worry me if I was the GM, but I don't see a point to speculate about it now - if there's a deal then medical staff will check it out, and if there's a problem the deal will be off. So what useful could we possibly say about that injury here?

    In the end, I'll just trust Bird's due diligence on this. It's a clear upgrade if healthy. And he may be cheap, as in under 10 mil per. Lets say there's a (completely viable) situation - 14-15 mil per for Nene or 9 mil for West and he's clearly healthy; you take West and run.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:


  16. #88

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he might wind up here. If he does though, we aren't doing the Hornets any favors after what happened at the trade deadline.

    Let's not forget the Hornets did the Pacers a HUGH favor doing a S&T for Peja thus giving the Pacers a 7.5 TE when it wasn't necessary. Pulling out of the Mayo deal didn't hurt the Pacers as much as it did the fans whining about it. Bird got Hill, who most seem to think is the best thing since duct tape, in the draft for 2 years for they would have to pay Mayo for one year.

    I'm not enthused at the prospect of West with his age and coming off an injury. I wouldn't do a Rumplestiltskin if Bird got West, but he's far from being my 1st choice.

  17. #89

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Getting passes from CP3 is WAY different than getting passes from DC, DC sucks at passing the ball.
    In a pnp situation how is it different. If the pick is set right and the PF has a clear shot then that pass can be made by the poor blind Collison. The fact is Tyler hit those shots some games and he couldn't come close in others.

  18. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope that's not true about Landry. It's like we have a mild case of Kahn syndrome, except for backups.
    I agree with this, Landry? Meh.

  19. #91

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    if there's a deal then medical staff will check it out, and if there's a problem the deal will be off.

    You mean like the Pacers doctors did with Maggette! There was no problem with Maggette. They botched the call. He's played ever since.

  20. #92

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean like the Pacers doctors did with Maggette! There was no problem with Maggette. They botched the call. He's played ever since.
    Thank goodness he didn't play for the Pacers.

  21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  22. #93
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,001

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    I'm assuming he failed the physical because somebody didn't want him here.

  23. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    I don't care about West's age, as has been pointed out many times, he's played WAY less games than Dwight Howard or LeBron, which is more important. The injury would worry me if I was the GM, but I don't see a point to speculate about it now - if there's a deal then medical staff will check it out, and if there's a problem the deal will be off. So what useful could we possibly say
    He is still a 31 years old player with a reconstructed knee, I remember the times doctors told JO that he was fine just to see him coming out of the game because his knee wasn't healthy enough, let's not forget about Greg Oden and how the doctors told him that he was almost ready to play to find out that he was going to be out for another year, let's trust the doctor my ***.

  24. #95
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    I don't know what really happened there with Maggette, but tbh overall I'd rather see our medics on the safe side.
    I'd rather pass on a Tyson Chandler once in ten years than end up committing to an Ilgauskas or Brandon Roy.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:


  26. #96
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,605

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see it being anywhere close to 6.5 mil if there is even one in the new CBA.
    Max MLE was 5.85 in 2009-10. Using Ron Artest as an example beings he is on a MLE as of 2009-10 signing with the Lakers. He just made 6.3mil and is due to make 6.790 this coming year 2011-12.

    I understand that MLE may take a pay cut but the standard across the board should be the same. Everyone will take a cut, not just MLE.

  27. #97

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You admit West is like Tyler, so why pay 9 mil a year to 31yo player coming off an injury? I'd rather see the Pacers pay that kind of money to someone young not coming off an injury with a different type of game, "D" & reb, that compliments Hibbert. I rather pass & look in a different direction.
    You must have selective reading problems.

    Tyler plays like him but he is not close to being equal to him IMO.

    The Pnp and Pnr works well with Collison and I think that also helps Hibbert out in playing in the low post. Its apart of our team offense which I think needs to be consistent. Tyler doesn't do it well enough yet which is why I like West more.

    Would I like to sign a pf/c instead of West? Sure but that list is very limited and the only guy I would want would be Chandler and even he has some very big concerns in a team offense.

    These arguments to me are all about realistic options. We can all say we want a pf who can also play backup center and rebound at a high level in addtion to being a offensive threat BUT HOW MANY OF THOSE GUYS EXIST?

    OF course that would also by my first option over West too but I don't think its realistic at all.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  29. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    Do I care much about fit with Hibbert? I suppose so, if Hibbert is a cornerstone. But honestly, I'd rather have a real talent like West and figure it out. Hibbert is expendable to me in that situation.
    So a 24 years old healthy center is expendable because we signed a 31 going 32 years old player with a reconstructed knee as part of our core? Damn.........

  30. #99

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So a 24 years old healthy center is expendable because we signed a 31 going 32 years old player with a reconstructed knee as part of our core? Damn.........
    D.O.B.: August 29, 1980--he's going on 31, not 32, for what it's worth.

  31. #100
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: David West might be the move to make...

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So a 24 years old healthy center is expendable because we signed a 31 going 32 years old player with a reconstructed knee as part of our core? Damn.........
    Nothing to do with West.
    There's a couple of centers even in this free agency that I'd happily take over Hibbert whether we sign West or not.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2010, 10:00 PM
  2. Rockets move past Blazers in West with win [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 12:00 AM
  3. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 07:40 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 11:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •