Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monta's agent apparently has told Golden State that he wants to be traded

Question Monta's agent apparently has told Golden State that he wants to be traded

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Paul George, Rush, next years 1st for Monta?

Hibbert, Rush, Collison for D. Lee and Monta?

Bmore Pacer fan

Default Re: Monta's agent apparently has told Golden State that he wants to be traded

Quote Originally Posted by Pace2012 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I'd give them DC, Danny. I love Granger but Monta IMHO is the next comming of A.I. And he can play either the 2 or 1. Has good passing skills and can be the face of our franchise for the next 10 years
    Grab a star in Mayo and then wait til 12' for Kevin Love=Championship!!!

Wow....just....Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    what makes Granger better than Mayo?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Monta's agent apparently has told Golden State that he wants to be traded

Thank God neither of you run a professional basketball team. You'd both be fired within days.
    Grown Man Ball

4. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo

I can see some 3 way trade that involves the Warriors sending Monta to some 3rd Team while the receiving Josh Smith and then that 3rd Team sending some very solid pieces back to the Hawks.

Basically:

Warriors get JSmoove
    Hawks get ???? ( from 3rd Team )
    3rd Team getting Monta

Before anyone says it.....a BRush+future 1st for Monta will not work....the Warriors would just hang up and laugh.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I'm glad we won't be tempted to trade for him.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rwill784 View Post
    I'd give them DC, Danny. I love Granger but Monta IMHO is the next comming of A.I.
    Wait, when did that become a good thing?

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love that he's informed golden state he wants to be traded after they spent the last 2 weeks trying to deal him, and drafted a guy last night that plays his position...

this is like the guy that's telling the girl he wants to break up after she's been trying to break it to him for weeks that she's dumping him.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

I'd give them DC, Danny. I love Granger but Monta IMHO is the next comming of A.I. And he can play either the 2 or 1. Has good passing skills and can be the face of our franchise for the next 10 years
    Your signature makes me laugh.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Between PG, Collison and Hill, Bird has spent the last year almost singularly dedicating his time to adding quality and depth at the guard position, and you just want to take a dump on the whole thing.

Lightbulb Re: Monta's agent apparently has told Golden State that he wants to be traded

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    Between PG, Collison and Hill, Bird has spent the last year almost singularly dedicating his time to adding quality and depth at the guard position, and you just want to take a dump on the whole thing.

Monta would be a game changer though. He's what the Pacers need. Another guy in the mold of Reggie Miller offensive talent wise. Who can take the scoring load and defenses off of Granger.

Bmore Pacer fan

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    Thank God neither of you run a professional basketball team. You'd both be fired within days.
    Add to the discussion, don't be a idiot with childish remarks....on to the next

Wow....just....Wow

Bmore Pacer fan

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    Lets be honest here Monta is a clear upgrade over DC, Hill is a backup. How does trading DC for a better PG and keeping Hill as a backup hurt us?

Wow....just....Wow

Bmore Pacer fan

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    Your signature makes me laugh.
    Awesome

Wow....just....Wow

Bmore Pacer fan

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    Wait, when did that become a good thing?
    Hmmm...is that really a question? A.I is one of the best players in the history of the league, when was the last time we had anyone on our team singlehandedly carry us to the ship with no real help? When the last time we've had a top 5 SG on our team? I miss having a star on the roster, at the moment we have none. You put Monta in the East at his natural position he's giving us 24/7/2, and giving us a clearcut number 1 option.

Wow....just....Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I love that he's informed golden state he wants to be traded after they spent the last 2 weeks trying to deal him, and drafted a guy last night that plays his position...

this is like the guy that's telling the girl he wants to break up after she's been trying to break it to him for weeks that she's dumping him.
    The Vescey article is most likely a regurgitation of what was already said by his agent 2 weeks ago.

NBA writers are easily the worst when it comes to repeating a rumor while making it sound like it's something new.

Pretty sure the Pacers should be done acquiring guards by now. On to the front court...

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Add to the discussion, don't be a idiot with childish remarks....on to the next
    I thought it was pretty clear that I added that both of your ideas were terrible, to the discussion.

Regardless, I'll try not to be A idiot from now on.
    Grown Man Ball

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Bmore Pacer fan

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    I thought it was pretty clear that I added that both of your ideas were terrible, to the discussion.

Regardless, I'll try not to be A idiot from now on.
    Come up with something better then, a reason or two would be nice, but whatever if you don't like it then.......

Wow....just....Wow

Hmmm...is that really a question? A.I is one of the best players in the history of the league, when was the last time we had anyone on our team singlehandedly carry us to the ship with no real help? When the last time we've had a top 5 SG on our team? I miss having a star on the roster, at the moment we have none. You put Monta in the East at his natural position he's giving us 24/7/2, and giving us a clearcut number 1 option.
    Iverson was a volume scorer and a fairly selfish player. He was fun to watch and he put up a lot of points, but he never got a ring and doesn't deserve one. I would much rather have Danny Granger, a guy you can build around, than the next coming of AI.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Step 1 make offer with one of our players ----> step 2 ??? -----> step 3 profit

28. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Bmore Pacer fan

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    Iverson was a volume scorer and a fairly selfish player. He was fun to watch and he put up a lot of points, but he never got a ring and doesn't deserve one. I would much rather have Danny Granger, a guy you can build around, than the next coming of AI.
    We can build around Granger??
    How much longer do we have to wait for that exactly? Because last time I checked you don't build around number 2 options. Even the freaking GM knows he's a second option on a good team, probably a third on a contender. I love Danny but he's a Paul Pierce type player not going to win anything without 2 more players of better or equal talent.

Iverson never and I REPEAT...NEVER had any help on that team. Everyone calls him selfish but I watched every player from that team go elsewhere and do nothing. I respect your opinion and I agree to disagree, but you give most fans a choice on who would get you to the ship first between the two I think 9 out of 10 pick A.I, the 1 person would probably be you.

Wow....just....Wow

30. The Following User Says Thank You to rwill784 For This Useful Post:

Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Mood

Come up with something better then, a reason or two would be nice, but whatever if you don't like it then.......
    I think he is saying that staying put is a better idea than what you have presented. Don't take it personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pace2012 View Post

NO THANKS! PG will be way better then Monta
    I'm a Beast

We can build around Granger??
    How much longer do we have to wait for that exactly? Because last time I checked you don't build around number 2 options. Even the freaking GM knows he's a second option on a good team, probably a third on a contender. I love Danny but he's a Paul Pierce type player not going to win anything without 2 more players of better or equal talent.

Iverson never and I REPEAT...NEVER had any help on that team. Everyone calls him selfish but I watched every player from that team go elsewhere and do nothing. I respect your opinion and I agree to disagree, but you give most fans a choice on who would get you to the ship first between the two I think 9 out of 10 pick A.I, the 1 person would probably be you.
    I don't mean build around Granger in a Lebron kind of way, I mean Granger isn't going to take 22 shots a game, so his teammates can get involved too. And regardless, we're not discussing Granger vs. AI, we're discussing Granger vs. Monta Ellis. If you want to test your 9 out of 10 theory, make a poll and find out. I think you'll be surprised.

Banned

Actually the closest player in this new NBA to Iverson is Drose and I am pretty sure that nobody here would complaint if we get him.