Thread: Eddie Robinson almost a Pacer? Blech.

Default Eddie Robinson almost a Pacer? Blech.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sp...intID=38278106

"Indiana was willing to take [Eddie] Robinson and the No. 3 pick for forward Al Harrington, but Bulls would only part with the No. 7 pick, and no trade was made."

"I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Default Re: Eddie Robinson almost a Pacer? Blech.

I doubt this is true, we didn't need another SF.

db530

We are better off with Stephen Jackson then the third pick. Maybe if we could have gotten Hinrich and the 7th pick for Harrington, but that would never happen.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt this is true, we didn't need another SF.
    If you read a quote from Larry after the draft, he wanted Ben Gordon, not Luke Jackson. Stephen Jackson is better than that though.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

I still think we could have traded Al to, say, Denver for a draft pick. We would have then had cap room to give SJax the MLE.

Of course, we couldn't have given AJ as big of a contract as we did, but you'd have to convincce me that was a bad thing.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    I still think we could have traded Al to, say, Denver for a draft pick. We would have then had cap room to give SJax the MLE.

Of course, we couldn't have given AJ as big of a contract as we did, but you'd have to convincce me that was a bad thing.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd rather Atlanta have Harrington, than Denver, and either New Jersey or somebody else having K-Mart. Atlanta really sucks, and trading him to Atlanta slightly helps the team's championship hopes.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Jackson wasn't going to sign for the MLE. I remember reading that from somewhere. I think NO was offering him slightly more than that.
    [edit=535=1098216150][/edit]

Jackson wasn't going to sign for the MLE. I remember reading that from somewhere. I think NO was offering him slightly more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    The most recent report about S-Jax's contract (forget which news agency, but it was posted here) stated that he essentially DID sign for the MLE here (I know it was a trade, but in terms of the amount of the contract). And New Orleans was also over the cap so they couldn't offer more than the MLE.
    [edit=229=1098221803][/edit]

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I thought when we did the math that SJax (1) signed for less than the MLE, and (2) only signed for six years, even though he was eligible to sign a seven-year contract with the Hawks.

IOW, signing with somebody else for the MLE would've been a better financial deal for him. Obviously, he didn't have that 'option'.
    [edit=72=1098221690]I spell like I graduated from Greenwood. [/edit]
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you