Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 60

Thread: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

  1. #1

    Default Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    I would seriously consider trading Darren Collison for Josh Smith right now.

    Hill wants to start, Hawks want a PG, we need a PF.

    Sign me up, I want Josh Smith on the Pacers!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member aaronb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Memphis Tenn
    Posts
    773

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would seriously consider trading Darren Collison for Josh Smith right now.

    Hill wants to start, Hawks want a PG, we need a PF.

    Sign me up, I want Josh Smith on the Pacers!


    Maybe the Hawks will throw in Horford to sweeten the deal?

  4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to aaronb For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  5. #3
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    I would consider it, but its gonna take more than that. Could be a start if they like him though.

  6. #4
    Member tinsley#11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    B-town
    Age
    28
    Posts
    462

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    I would definitely package DC, Rush, Posey, 2013 1st for Josh Smith. Especially if Lance can bloom into what Bird thinks he can.
    I was ready for Josh Smith to go to Indiana, but he went to the NBA. I am ready for him to come to Indiana once again.

  7. #5

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    Heck, if we need a backup PG, Flynn is available from the Rockets, he will be very cheap because they only gave up Brad Miller to get him!

    I would roll with:

    PG: George Hill / Jonny Flynn
    SG: Paul George / Lance Stephenson
    SF: Danny Granger / Dhantay Jones
    PF: Josh Smith / Hansbrough
    C: Roy Hibbert / Free Agent

  8. #6
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    We trade for a player and all of a sudden everyone wants to trade the player in front of him on the depth chart? Typical day at PacersDigest
    Grown Man Ball

  9. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  10. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    923

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    I was under the impression that Atlanta wants a center back for Smith.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to judicata For This Useful Post:


  12. #8

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We trade for a player and all of a sudden everyone wants to trade the player in front of him on the depth chart? Typical day at PacersDigest
    Fits a need, we need a shot blocking/rebounding PF.

    Josh Smith would be great.

    Flynn is available, and would be a great backup PG.

  13. #9
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fits a need, we need a shot blocking/rebounding PF.

    Josh Smith would be great.

    Flynn is available, and would be a great backup PG.
    Not saying I disagree with the premise, just pointing out the typical knee jerk reaction to any trade/signing that has become the norm here.
    Grown Man Ball

  14. #10
    Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,296

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    I'd rather get the best possible PF in a Rush/Price/future first package than trade DC/Rush/future first for Smith, if they'd even take that offer. I'm hesitant to trade DC until we see what he can do in his 3rd season.

  15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:


  16. #11

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    i just pooped my pants thinking about this..... imagine Hill, George and Smith's defense on our starting lineup...... WOW

  17. #12

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    If we can get josh smith for DC, imagine what we could get for Lance Stephenson. Smith, Jihnson, Horford , couple unprotecteds. Assuming they know what we all know, which is that Lance is going to be an all time great. It's obvious. Im not sure why Larry hasn't gotten on this yet.

  18. #13
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i just pooped my pants thinking about this..... imagine Hill, George and Smith's defense on our starting lineup...... WOW
    Clean it up!
    Grown Man Ball

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  20. #14

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd rather get the best possible PF in a Rush/Price/future first package than trade DC/Rush/future first for Smith, if they'd even take that offer. I'm hesitant to trade DC until we see what he can do in his 3rd season.
    Yeah. I'm sure our poo poo platter of rush, price and a draft pick will net us a fantastic pf.

  21. #15
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,278
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    I'd rather grab Johnny Flynn for Rush and Posey and a future pick. Unload a huge contract and get rid of trouble. The lineup would be:

    Collison/Flynn
    Hill/Lance/P. George
    Danny/P. George/Dahntay
    Tyler/JMac
    Roy/Foster or FA

    Add David Lighty and we could shop Collison or Flynn too. And if JMac leaves we could look at Matt Howard.

  22. #16
    Member PacersRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    BTown
    Posts
    663

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    I actually like DC more than Hill. I think Pacers' ball movement will struggle if Hill were to start.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersRule For This Useful Post:


  24. #17
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,641

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    I like J-Smoove but he's a little too mercurial and he likes to jack up ill-advised shots. I also think the Pacers would have to give up Hibbert to get Atlanta to bite on a trade.

    I think I'd rather the Pacers wait for Free Agency and see if they can get a player like Al Jefferson, Paul Milsap, or maybe even Andray Blatche in an uneven cap-space trade. They could actually just trade a future 2nd round pick for one of them and wouldn't even need to lose an asset like DC or Hibbert.

    They could also just go after Landry or David West and sign them outright.
    Last edited by naptownmenace; 06-24-2011 at 12:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


  26. #18

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    David Lighty? Come on guys.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:


  28. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    We surely need a PF like Josh Smith more, but I'd throw Iguodala's name out there, too. He and Hill would complement each other perfectly, and they'd be the league's best backcourt, defensively, by a huge margin.

  29. #20
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,818

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would seriously consider trading Darren Collison for Josh Smith right now.

    Hill wants to start, Hawks want a PG, we need a PF.

    Sign me up, I want Josh Smith on the Pacers!
    Where have you read that Hill wants to start?

    Hawks have Jeff Teague who did an admirable job of filling in at the PG spot in the Playoffs.

    BTW.....the Hawks aren't going to move Josh Smith to another Eastern Conference Team UNLESS they get a trade offer that totally blows them out of the water.....any deal where DC is the centerpiece of a trade is underwhelming. My guess is that Josh Smith goes West.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  31. #21
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,818

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd rather grab Johnny Flynn for Rush and Posey and a future pick. Unload a huge contract and get rid of trouble.
    Flynn was traded to the Rockets yesterday night for Brad Miller and a future draft pick.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  32. #22
    Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,296

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd rather grab Johnny Flynn for Rush and Posey and a future pick. Unload a huge contract and get rid of trouble.
    That would be severely overpaying for Jonny Flynn. There's a reason Minnesota gave him away and Houston has put him back on the block.

  33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:


  34. #23
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    Any trade in which we send any combination of our point or shooting guards and receive Josh Smith is going to be a good trade for us.

    EDIT: And I love DC
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  35. #24
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,838

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i just pooped my pants thinking about this..... imagine Hill, George and Smith's defense on our starting lineup...... WOW
    Be careful not to get any of that on your new jersey.

  36. #25
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,154

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does this make Darren Collison expandable with Josh Smith on the block?

    Wait, what would Darren Collision have to do with Josh Smith being available?

    Oh...it's a trade idea.

    Good luck with that one.

Similar Threads

  1. IKL Draft Thread - Draft Re-start - make your picks here
    By Jose Slaughter in forum International Keeper League
    Replies: 458
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 06:24 PM
  2. Mark Cuban responds to Josh Howard situation
    By juadam09 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 10:02 AM
  3. 6/24 - Final Mock Draft
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2004, 01:55 PM
  4. 04-05-2004
    By Ragnar in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2004, 06:51 PM
  5. OT - Insider NFL Mock Draft
    By kerosene in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •