Thread: George Hill - NBA Comparison?

Default George Hill - NBA Comparison?

Here's my past comparison - Byron Scott

George is only a 1/2" shorter. He's quick with and without the ball. Reads the lane openings well and makes good strong cuts to the basket. Slashing style when driving and uses his long stride to separate from his defender(s). Runs the break well and finishes as necessary at the rim (ie: using the glass AND dunking with authority). Good spot up shooter from long range and has a nice crossover and pull up mid range shot. Defensively better than average. Capable of playing 30+ mpg at both guard slots. Overall a smart player who will do more good for your system and team than bad. Anyone else come to mind?

Default Re: George Hill - NBA Comparison?

I think Mr. Hill will be similar to the guy who used to back up the PG spot for the Spurs.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

normally we compare guys coming out of college. We dont need to compare him to anyone. Everyones seen him play now (I hope).

For some reason I have a feeling that this move was made due to what Rose did to us in the playoffs...we'll finally have a larger PG that can play defence (I miss Jack)
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Brandon Rush without the propensity to toke?

A smaller Derrick McKey with a few more flashes of offense and an ability to bring the ball up the floor?

The Spurs did this once before too. Interesting:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116449

Oh and just TRY and tell me this guys doesn't sound like their Paul George after his rookie season. Seriously...
    I don't want to sound condescending, which means to talk down to you by the way