Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What position will Hill play?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What position will Hill play?

DC is a better passer and more of a 1 than Hill is. Hill is the definition of combo guard.
    Pacers,baby!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

George is a pretty unique player.

He's not your ideal PG who has typical PG numbers for the minutes he plays, but he's able to create for himself better than others.

He's not a ballhog either and spaces the floor and does more passing of the ball instead of creating a shot for someone else.

He's more of a SG in a PGs body, but it makes him a really good combo guard.

I've seen the spurs play a bunch of times this year and I've seen the Pacers play almost every game. I've seen George Hill play a bunch of times and I've seen Paul George a bunch of times. Hill isn't beating out George PERIOD. George is equal shooter better driver, more explosive to the rim, and is like 6 inches taller. Hill on the other hand might beat out Collison at pg. Since he is a better defender, smarter with the ball, and is equal offensively.

I see Hill mostly playing back-up 1 and 2 initially, possibly with Stephenson alongside at back-up 2 or 1 (if Stephenson has his head on straight this year).

But I see these exceptions: (1) Hill starts at 1 when the opposing point guard is a highly skilled, ball-dominant player who scores a lot; Hill's job will be to shut him down; (2) Hill plays with the starting unit when we need offensive punch or defensive shut-downs in the fourth quarter, replacing either George or Collison as dictated by match-ups and who's hot and who's not.

I see him getting minutes equivalent to a starter most nights, and as having the importance to the team of a starter whether he starts or not.

I think the Pacers will let him compete for the starting PG spot and it's hard to say who will win that battle. Darren does not own the position. Darren is a good player but so is Hill. Personally, I would let them compete this year and just play it by ear.

Defensively, Hill has Darren beaten. He is not only a taller and heavier player, he seems to have good length. Otherwise, he's a lot like Darren. Both are SG's in a smallish frame. Neither are the second coming of Magic Johnson. Both can shoot well from the field and the line. Both have decent range although I think Hill is the better 3pt shooter. Darren has speed and with some development could become an explosive scorer and may have a higher ceiling. In any event, we have come a long way since Diener and TJ Ford were the best options available.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the Pacers will let him compete for the starting PG spot and it's hard to say who will win that battle. Darren does not own the position. Darren is a good player but so is Hill. Personally, I would let them compete this year and just play it by ear.

Defensively, Hill has Darren beaten. He is not only a taller and heavier player, he seems to have good length. Otherwise, he's a lot like Darren. Both are SG's in a smallish frame. Neither are the second coming of Magic Johnson. Both can shoot well from the field and the line. Both have decent range although I think Hill is the better 3pt shooter. Darren has speed and with some development could become an explosive scorer and may have a higher ceiling. In any event, we have come a long way since Diener and TJ Ford were the best options available.
    I agree. I like both Darren and George. Now if we can just get a starting PF