Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What position will Hill play?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What position will Hill play?

DC is a better passer and more of a 1 than Hill is. Hill is the definition of combo guard.
    Pacers,baby!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

George is a pretty unique player.

He's not your ideal PG who has typical PG numbers for the minutes he plays, but he's able to create for himself better than others.

He's not a ballhog either and spaces the floor and does more passing of the ball instead of creating a shot for someone else.

He's more of a SG in a PGs body, but it makes him a really good combo guard.

I've seen the spurs play a bunch of times this year and I've seen the Pacers play almost every game. I've seen George Hill play a bunch of times and I've seen Paul George a bunch of times. Hill isn't beating out George PERIOD. George is equal shooter better driver, more explosive to the rim, and is like 6 inches taller. Hill on the other hand might beat out Collison at pg. Since he is a better defender, smarter with the ball, and is equal offensively.

I see Hill mostly playing back-up 1 and 2 initially, possibly with Stephenson alongside at back-up 2 or 1 (if Stephenson has his head on straight this year).

But I see these exceptions: (1) Hill starts at 1 when the opposing point guard is a highly skilled, ball-dominant player who scores a lot; Hill's job will be to shut him down; (2) Hill plays with the starting unit when we need offensive punch or defensive shut-downs in the fourth quarter, replacing either George or Collison as dictated by match-ups and who's hot and who's not.

I see him getting minutes equivalent to a starter most nights, and as having the importance to the team of a starter whether he starts or not.

I think the Pacers will let him compete for the starting PG spot and it's hard to say who will win that battle. Darren does not own the position. Darren is a good player but so is Hill. Personally, I would let them compete this year and just play it by ear.

Defensively, Hill has Darren beaten. He is not only a taller and heavier player, he seems to have good length. Otherwise, he's a lot like Darren. Both are SG's in a smallish frame. Neither are the second coming of Magic Johnson. Both can shoot well from the field and the line. Both have decent range although I think Hill is the better 3pt shooter. Darren has speed and with some development could become an explosive scorer and may have a higher ceiling. In any event, we have come a long way since Diener and TJ Ford were the best options available.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the Pacers will let him compete for the starting PG spot and it's hard to say who will win that battle. Darren does not own the position. Darren is a good player but so is Hill. Personally, I would let them compete this year and just play it by ear.

Defensively, Hill has Darren beaten. He is not only a taller and heavier player, he seems to have good length. Otherwise, he's a lot like Darren. Both are SG's in a smallish frame. Neither are the second coming of Magic Johnson. Both can shoot well from the field and the line. Both have decent range although I think Hill is the better 3pt shooter. Darren has speed and with some development could become an explosive scorer and may have a higher ceiling. In any event, we have come a long way since Diener and TJ Ford were the best options available.
    I agree. I like both Darren and George. Now if we can just get a starting PF