• 25% chance, probably not

38 16.59%
  • He's gone

18 7.86%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will we re-sign McRoberts?

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Default Will we re-sign McRoberts?

Coming out of the draft with no bigs, how likely is it that Josh will be back?

Default Re: Will we re-sign McRoberts?

I'd love to have McRoberts back on the team. That said, I don't know that we're done wheelin' and dealin'.

I believe the Pacers will try to re-sign both Mac and Foster.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think so. I think we have our eyes on a starting PF and will move Tyler to the bench. And Josh isn't really a center so...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Banned

Not for MLE and I'm pretty sure that is not going to happen for 6mil a year either.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hopefully we get Nene and/or Marc Gasol.

Make a large contract (Close to max)offer to Gasol for just 1 year. If the Grizzlies don't match, we have a great center duo. While still keeping cap space saved for 2012 just in case. If they don't Gasol will be unrestricted in 2012.

I think with the new CBA other teams won't have a lot of money available to steal him away from us. So unless we fall in love with another free agent PF/C then I think we'll sign him for a short term deal.

And I'm expecting the MLE type exceptions to drop in value. So it won't be so painful for us to match.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

QUESTION: Do players have to accept a qualifying offer first?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully we get Nene and/or Marc Gasol.

Make a large contract (Close to max)offer to Gasol for just 1 year. If the Grizzlies don't match, we have a great center duo. While still keeping cap space saved for 2012 just in case. If they don't Gasol will be unrestricted in 2012.
    I agree with you target players 100% but I think we'll have to offer at least a 4 year deal or at least the longest deal allowed in the new cba. The Nuggets are in great cap shape and can pay Nene whatever they want, so he'd have to prefer it here.
    Memphis is in cap hell and most likely won't be able to keep Gasol if there's a hard cap. They key is that we have to offer a contract that goes into the 1st. year of the hard cap being implemented. If there's a 3 year grace period we have to offer Gasol a 4 year contract. Memphis has about 45 mil tied up in 3 players 3 years from now. Add a high salary for Gasol into the mix and they're up to 60 mil on 4 players. If you throw a 4 yr. deal at Gasol I think they'd let him walk.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

The only way I think he is re-signed is if he takes a very small contract because he loves playing for us.

If we are going to make a big offer to an UFA - how about DeAndre Jordan? He is more of a defensive/shot blocker than Gasol!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to troyc11a For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

J-Mart son.
    Last edited by Constellations; 06-24-2011 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Yeah.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

I voted " he's gone " for the reason that I think he will not play for the Pacers next season whether its not being signed or being signed and traded.

Mood

If we can get Mcbob on a price friendly contract I like to see him stay. If any we should not consider would be solo and I would like to get Rolle in here again and find a roster spot for him. If we could get out 2 guard scorer and part of it requires a Mcbob S&T you do it a second.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hope he's back, haven't a clue what will happen.

I don't have a problem with the Hans and McBob PF duo. Inless we can land a real stud PF through free agency or a trade without giving up much. I'm fine with the team pretty much as it is for this coming season.
    "Just look at the flowers ...."

Unless some team throws big money at him, he will probably get a 3-4 million a year contract? Living in Indianapolis, that is almost equal to if NYC or LA offered him 8 million. I just don't see how he's not back with us. You can never have too many bigs. He's worth the gamble because he just came off of his first full year in the rotation, where he showed an occasional glimpse of dominance, and he is still only going to be 24.

I would be worried if we didn't re-sign him. I feel like it would be cutting him short. He's came a long way from people saying he would never be able to play in the NBA. He definitely proved that he can play center situationally and excel when the other teams try to go small. Yea we need a physical presence in the post, but lets not forget our guys are still progressing. We may only need to find Foster's replacement.

My point is the PF has changed in the NBA. It is smaller, quicker. Almost like my worst nightmares from JOB. lol.

My point is maybe we don't need to add anybody at all. Maybe the bigs we have now just have to keep progressing. I think all we need is Foster's eventual replacement. I'm not ready to sell off Hansbrough's starting spot yet. I've learned people here will sell him short, but I think he has earned his starting spot. He too has went from questions about if he would ever even play in the NBA, to outplaying Boozer in the playoffs. And 85 percent of people here would have wanted Boozer instead of Hansbrough at the start of last year. I wouldn't have.

If you wanna think I'm joking, just think if Chicago had Hansbrough in the playoff series? Him and Noah would have destroyed us. McRoberts seemed injured in our series.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Midcoasted For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pretty much have to have somebody who can pass the ball instead of looking to score all the time to allow the offense to have any flow. Also, have to have somebody to shore up the defense behind the defense of Paul George and parts of who knows what other players (assuming that Rush will be traded at some point before a season comes up again), and McRoberts is about the only player who can do both of those things when he is on the court. He is the glue guy that holds things together at this point.

If they let McRoberts go, they had better come up with other guy(s) that bring what he does or it won't matter much about having Brian Shaw and Vogel as our head coaches (I didn't mistype that, either. I really don't think that Vogel is going to be the true head coach by himself as much as things will get done by committee, especially if other coaches with experience are also brought in to "help" Frank.). Without a player who understands the flow of the game on both ends of the court in the vicinty of the paint, everything will bog down and become isos and perimeter jumpers with an occasional dump into the low post where hopefully a beefier Roy will be able to deliver.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Well, I know Josh definitely wants to be back. He told me as much a week ago at the Indians game, but I'm sure it was pretty common knowledge to everyone, anyway. It's only a matter of if Bird & Co. will have a roster space and/or cap space available for him.

I think they will.
    Last edited by Day-V; 06-24-2011 at 03:17 AM.

Sports Logo

I liked what McBob offered....but I am really expecting that Bird will get a Starting Quality PF and that they will also make a concerted effort to bring over Stanko to fill Foster's spot or at least one of the remaining spots needed to add to the Frontcourt.

That would leave 4 Big Men....Hibbert, whoever the Starting PF that I think that Bird will go after in FA or through Trade, Hansbrough and Stanko . Frankly, I wouldn't mind that 5th Big Man spot to go to Foster where he can competently fill the 4th/5th Rotational Big Man role that Solo filled last season ( basically the Emergency Big Man that can come in when there are injuries ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I really don't know which way this will go. I love him on the team in the regular season. But when it comes to the playoffs, his skill set really dissappears. He's a nice guy to come off the bench and hustle and get momentum dunks. But honestly, in the playoffs he just doesn't have the same effect. So im not sure if we should bring him back or not.

We still need to upgrade and get a starting PF. Both Hansborough and Mcbob are back up PFs and if we did get a good starter and maybe a back C, then i really don't see why we should keep Mcbob. Tyler would have the backup mins at PF covered.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Before it became clear that Vogel was going to get the job, I'd have said it's a 50-50 proposition.

With Vogel seemingly in the fold to stay, I'd say it's at least 75-25 that he come backs.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    Before it became clear that Vogel was going to get the job, I'd have said it's a 50-50 proposition.

With Vogel seemingly in the fold to stay, I'd say it's at least 75-25 that he come backs.
    As the 3rd string PF though? I just don't see that happening. If we find a true starting PF through trade or FA this summer, I don't see Josh returning

The only way I see him coming back is if:

1) He's fine with getting a significant cut in playing time to make room for our (hopefully) new starting PF. And by significant I mean he'll probably be getting spot minutes and DNP-CD's for most of the year, unless there's an injury.

2) He's fine with getting only a minimal pay raise. I can't see the Pacers wanting to commit more than $3 million to a guy who more than likely won't play that much.

If he's completely fine with those conditions, I'd say he's welcome back.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    Coming out of the draft with no bigs, how likely is it that Josh will be back?
    I think it's very likely Jmac will return. Not taking a PF in the draft may be a telling sign in favor of Jmac's job security, but anything could happen in free-agency. And since the decision making isn't exclusively up to the Pacers - it's up to Jmac who has said he wants to stay - I think the Pacers will make him a decent offer.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

Not for MLE and I'm pretty sure that is not going to happen for 6mil a year either.

No team is going to pay McBob that kind of money let alone Bird. He's not worth it.