Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Pacers Fan Jam

  1. #1

    Default Pacers Fan Jam

    Who went, and did you have fun?

    I arrived late, but I was still able to enjoy the rookie contest. Here is one of the few decent photos I took:


    (Notice Boomer at the right. This was rookie John Edwards singing a Vanilla Ice song.)

  2. #2

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam


    (Rookie Desmon Farmer tries to sing for Reggie. Notice his reaction.)

  3. #3

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam


    (David "Hulk" Harrison dresses up for his performance and sings "You've Lost That Loving Feeling," which you may remember from the movie Top Gun, which David saw just last night. Notice Bowser's lack of enjoyment in the background.)

  4. #4
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam

    I had a change of plans, and ended up missing it. Didn't realize they were going to do stuff like that.

  5. #5
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam

    Looks like a big crowd

    Whoever saw the scrimmage, we need a full report

  6. #6
    Member BigMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    905

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like a big crowd

    Whoever saw the scrimmage, we need a full report
    Here's a short synopsis of what I saw.

    Reggie Miller looked great. Shot very well. Hit 2 or 3 3's, missed one. Shot a good midrange shot as well. The guys who didn't show much or took it easy were: Jermaine, Jackson, Pollard, Fred Jones.

    The brightest spot to me was how well James Jones shot the ball. He hit 2 or 3 3's, 3 or so mid range jumpers. He has a really sweet shot.

    Bender, Harrison, Croshere didn't play.

    Artest got a tech in the first for hanging on the rim and he actually took some of the fun away because he didn't treat it like a real scrimmage (for what that's worth). He hung on the rim for 5 or so seconds, the refs didn't want to call a tech but they did. Also, he shot 4 or 5 3's from 30 feet or so. Hit one but in a game if he ever does that, he won't return to the floor-and I doubt that he would be he was just playing around.

    Fred Jones seemed hesitant on dunks but that is to be expected because of his shoulder situation.

    Randy Holcomb won't make the team but it won't be because of a lack of effort.

    Desmond Farmer may make it. The kid from Georgia-Wright (2nd round draft pick) didn't look terrible but wasn't overly impressive in his limited time playing.

    There were some things that I was seeing out there. Our perimiter game is better. Tinsley will do a nice job running (and I mean running) the team. Jackson will make some careless errors early but we'll have to get used to them because that is how he plays-hopefully he will lose that part of his game.

    Jermaine looks cut and will have a good year. Reggie looked really, really good.

    Very nice crowd. Lower bowl was full, club seats were about 1/2 full and upper deck had 50 or so people. All in all, nice event and there was stuff for even the smallest of kids (kid haircuts for $10 donation, clown doing balloon animals, free charicatures, Slick, Mark, Al, Stacy Paets, Tamika Catchings, Pacers Cheerleaders, Vern Fleming, Neto (I think it was him), Vern, Derrick McKey, Mel Daniels, and others signing autographs and were very nice. Conseco gave out a bunch of stuff. Free throws at end of scrimmage ($1 donation) to make one and get 2 fee tix to an exhibition game. That's all I remember for now. Hope this helps let you know how it went.


    [edit=86=1098065812][/edit]
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

    Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

    Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam

    I saw Reggie hit a three; Jeff dunk a putback; Holcomb dunk a ball (I think it was him); and Ron Artest take just one wild, long 3, then get the rebound, lose it on the perimeter, find it again, and then take the 3 again and swish it...As was said, he wouldn't have even thought about that in a real game.

    The singing was good; the dancing got a little out of hand at the end though. Very good crowd. Looked like it could have been a regular season game versus a very, very bad opponent....

    Oh, and Rick Carlisle did an interview with Mark Boyle after the scrimmage, but I wasn't listening.

  8. #8
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,813

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam

    Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw Reggie hit a three; Jeff dunk a putback; Holcomb dunk a ball (I think it was him); and Ron Artest take just one wild, long 3, then get the rebound, lose it on the perimeter, find it again, and then take the 3 again and swish it...As was said, he wouldn't have even thought about that in a real game.
    .
    Did you guys not see the end of the Pistons series?........



    [edit=19=1098068134][/edit]
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  9. #9
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,813

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam

    Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    (David "Hulk" Harrison dresses up for his performance and sings "You've Lost That Loving Feeling," which you may remember from the movie Top Gun, which David saw just last night. Notice Bowser's lack of enjoyment in the background.)
    So, which fan are you?....



    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  10. #10
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam

    That's hilarious.

    My guess is the guy in the red with the yellow hat, next to the guy in the white shirt with the yellow hat.

    Or maybe the guy right in front of him.
    [edit=22=1098069940][/edit]
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  11. #11
    Dream Big
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Posts
    2,666

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam

    i think it's the guy in the black shirt and the camera sitting above the guy with the orange headband

  12. #12
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam

    Wow you guys took those pics at liek the exact same moment. Scary.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  13. #13
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,813

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam

    JO makes his entrance. You knew the scrimmage wasn't going to be too serious due to the size of the diamonds he left in his ears........


    Bender has a new IR buddy.....


    Apparently the weight loss hasn't helped Jamaal's vertical.....


    It's Miiiiiilllllllller Time!!!!!........


    Freddie glides to the hoop......


    JJ was smooth.....


    Like Sasquatch, the Jeff Foster made 15 footer is difficult to capture on film......


    Ron re-enacts the end of the playoffs.......


    SJ discusses Rashad Wright's performance with Uncle Reg......


    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  14. #14
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,060

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam

    Great work, Magic Rat.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  15. #15
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,813

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam

    Since apparently nobody looks at the "What Song are you listening to?" thread in the Pub, I'll post this here, too...........


    You've Lost That Loving Feeling - David Harrison

    http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/dh.mp3


    [edit=19=1098115497][/edit]
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  16. #16

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam

    Great shot, MagicRat.

    You captured the family and I. We were able to snag the courtside seats for our kids. Since my 3 yr old loves to run onto the court, I had to hold him in a bear hug.

    Small claim to fame, I did touch the ball as it nearly went out of bounds. I flipped it back to Stephen Jackson. Big day for Shaggy.

    I echo BigMac's comments. Artest was just having a good time for the crowd. James Jones is a keeper, if he could only find some PT.


  17. #17

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For those who may not have heard him speak much before, Reggie is the one who introduced David...

  18. #18
    Banned JOneal7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,446

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam

    man looks like I missed out on a great time! oh well I'll be up their soon!

  19. #19
    Go Paytherth! rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,821

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam

    was anyone here there last year? i went this year and it was fun. but appearantly james jones had a really good performance. anyone see it?

    song? he any good?

  20. #20
    Member BigMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    905

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    (David "Hulk" Harrison dresses up for his performance and sings "You've Lost That Loving Feeling," which you may remember from the movie Top Gun, which David saw just last night. Notice Bowser's lack of enjoyment in the background.)
    So, which fan are you?....


    My guess: White Shirt about 6 rows from the top of the lower bowl, second seat in, next to the guy in the black shirt. The guy is holding a digital camera.

    I am curious if I am right.



    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

    Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

    Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

  21. #21
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,813

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam

    Here's my guess.....

    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  22. #22
    Member BigMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    905

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's my guess.....
    I'd say to that: Good guess!

    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

    Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

    Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam

    No one shall ever know. :

  24. #24
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,813

    Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam

    Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No one shall ever know. :

    Boooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •