Thread: Pacers Fan Jam

Default Pacers Fan Jam

Who went, and did you have fun?

I arrived late, but I was still able to enjoy the rookie contest. Here is one of the few decent photos I took:

(Notice Boomer at the right. This was rookie John Edwards singing a Vanilla Ice song.)

Default Re: Pacers Fan Jam

(Rookie Desmon Farmer tries to sing for Reggie. Notice his reaction.)

(David "Hulk" Harrison dresses up for his performance and sings "You've Lost That Loving Feeling," which you may remember from the movie Top Gun, which David saw just last night. Notice Bowser's lack of enjoyment in the background.)

Mood

I had a change of plans, and ended up missing it. Didn't realize they were going to do stuff like that.

Looks like a big crowd

Whoever saw the scrimmage, we need a full report

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like a big crowd

Whoever saw the scrimmage, we need a full report
    Here's a short synopsis of what I saw.

Reggie Miller looked great. Shot very well. Hit 2 or 3 3's, missed one. Shot a good midrange shot as well. The guys who didn't show much or took it easy were: Jermaine, Jackson, Pollard, Fred Jones.

The brightest spot to me was how well James Jones shot the ball. He hit 2 or 3 3's, 3 or so mid range jumpers. He has a really sweet shot.

Bender, Harrison, Croshere didn't play.

Artest got a tech in the first for hanging on the rim and he actually took some of the fun away because he didn't treat it like a real scrimmage (for what that's worth). He hung on the rim for 5 or so seconds, the refs didn't want to call a tech but they did. Also, he shot 4 or 5 3's from 30 feet or so. Hit one but in a game if he ever does that, he won't return to the floor-and I doubt that he would be he was just playing around.

Fred Jones seemed hesitant on dunks but that is to be expected because of his shoulder situation.

Randy Holcomb won't make the team but it won't be because of a lack of effort.

Desmond Farmer may make it. The kid from Georgia-Wright (2nd round draft pick) didn't look terrible but wasn't overly impressive in his limited time playing.

There were some things that I was seeing out there. Our perimiter game is better. Tinsley will do a nice job running (and I mean running) the team. Jackson will make some careless errors early but we'll have to get used to them because that is how he plays-hopefully he will lose that part of his game.

Jermaine looks cut and will have a good year. Reggie looked really, really good.

Very nice crowd. Lower bowl was full, club seats were about 1/2 full and upper deck had 50 or so people. All in all, nice event and there was stuff for even the smallest of kids (kid haircuts for $10 donation, clown doing balloon animals, free charicatures, Slick, Mark, Al, Stacy Paets, Tamika Catchings, Pacers Cheerleaders, Vern Fleming, Neto (I think it was him), Vern, Derrick McKey, Mel Daniels, and others signing autographs and were very nice. Conseco gave out a bunch of stuff. Free throws at end of scrimmage ($1 donation) to make one and get 2 fee tix to an exhibition game. That's all I remember for now. Hope this helps let you know how it went.

[edit=86=1098065812][/edit]
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

I saw Reggie hit a three; Jeff dunk a putback; Holcomb dunk a ball (I think it was him); and Ron Artest take just one wild, long 3, then get the rebound, lose it on the perimeter, find it again, and then take the 3 again and swish it...As was said, he wouldn't have even thought about that in a real game.

The singing was good; the dancing got a little out of hand at the end though. Very good crowd. Looked like it could have been a regular season game versus a very, very bad opponent....

Oh, and Rick Carlisle did an interview with Mark Boyle after the scrimmage, but I wasn't listening.

Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    I saw Reggie hit a three; Jeff dunk a putback; Holcomb dunk a ball (I think it was him); and Ron Artest take just one wild, long 3, then get the rebound, lose it on the perimeter, find it again, and then take the 3 again and swish it...As was said, he wouldn't have even thought about that in a real game.
    Did you guys not see the end of the Pistons series?........

[edit=19=1098068134][/edit]
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

(David "Hulk" Harrison dresses up for his performance and sings "You've Lost That Loving Feeling," which you may remember from the movie Top Gun, which David saw just last night. Notice Bowser's lack of enjoyment in the background.)
    So, which fan are you?....

That's hilarious.

My guess is the guy in the red with the yellow hat, next to the guy in the white shirt with the yellow hat.

Or maybe the guy right in front of him.
    [edit=22=1098069940][/edit]
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Dream Big

i think it's the guy in the black shirt and the camera sitting above the guy with the orange headband

Wow you guys took those pics at liek the exact same moment. Scary.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

JO makes his entrance. You knew the scrimmage wasn't going to be too serious due to the size of the diamonds he left in his ears........

Bender has a new IR buddy.....

Apparently the weight loss hasn't helped Jamaal's vertical.....

It's Miiiiiilllllllller Time!!!!!........

Freddie glides to the hoop......

JJ was smooth.....

Like Sasquatch, the Jeff Foster made 15 footer is difficult to capture on film......

Ron re-enacts the end of the playoffs.......

SJ discusses Rashad Wright's performance with Uncle Reg......

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Great work, Magic Rat.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Since apparently nobody looks at the "What Song are you listening to?" thread in the Pub, I'll post this here, too...........

You've Lost That Loving Feeling - David Harrison

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/dh.mp3

[edit=19=1098115497][/edit]

Great shot, MagicRat.

You captured the family and I. We were able to snag the courtside seats for our kids. Since my 3 yr old loves to run onto the court, I had to hold him in a bear hug.

Small claim to fame, I did touch the ball as it nearly went out of bounds. I flipped it back to Stephen Jackson. Big day for Shaggy.

I echo BigMac's comments. Artest was just having a good time for the crowd. James Jones is a keeper, if he could only find some PT.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    For those who may not have heard him speak much before, Reggie is the one who introduced David...

man looks like I missed out on a great time! oh well I'll be up their soon!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

was anyone here there last year? i went this year and it was fun. but appearantly james jones had a really good performance. anyone see it?

song? he any good?

So, which fan are you?....

My guess: White Shirt about 6 rows from the top of the lower bowl, second seat in, next to the guy in the black shirt. The guy is holding a digital camera.

I am curious if I am right.

Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Here's my guess.....

Here's my guess.....
    I'd say to that: Good guess!

Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"

They're=they are

No one shall ever know. :

No one shall ever know. :

Boooooooooo!!!!!!!!!