Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Tbird 2011 official mock draft, my big board, and calling my shot on what I think our Pacers do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tbird 2011 official mock draft, my big board, and calling my shot on what I think our Pacers do

Tbird 2011 official mock draft, my big board, and calling my shot on what I think our Pacers do
    Written by thunderbird1245

Link

Less than 24 hours before the curtain rises on the 2011 NBA draft, and still there is mass confusion and little certainty about what will happen around the league in general and for our Pacers. Everybody in the world it seems tries to post a mock draft about what will happen, which in reality is kind of a goofy exercise in futility…..after all, who can possibly predict what some of these mostly inept franchises might do on a draft night? Factor in wildly different opinions on individual players, executives with different agendas and job pressures, and a looming lockout in a few days, and you have a recipe for variety of odd moves that will likely have some fans scratching their heads. Trying to apply common sense to how some teams and executives might think without having all of the same information they have is extremely difficult and usually foolhardy.

But since everyone else is doing it, I am going to try it again this year after swearing to myself last year I’d never try this again.

And of course, within this mock draft I will expand on our own Pacers move, and give my reasoning for why I think this is how it all shakes out.

First of all, let me present my own personal big board.

Players I have no film of, and have not studied at all:* Enes Kanter, Jan Vesely, Bismack Biyombo, Jonas Valanciunas, Donatas Motiejunas, Jeremy Tyler, Davis Bertans, Nikola Mirotec.

That is 8 possible players who are at least very possible to go in the first round, some very high in the lottery even, that I haven’t seen play either live or on film. All I know about them, just like you and most of these draft experts, is just what I have heard from other people or read online. So any opinion on these guys we all need to take with a grain of salt until we actually see them ourselves. If we somehow end up with one of them, we neither can really celebrate or criticize with any real basis of knowledge, to pretend otherwise would be silly. Therefore, I will keep them in a separate category on my own big board. Strictly going from what I have read about them and based on what I think our exact team needs are, I’d put these 8 in this order:

1. Enes Kanter….I’d be very worried if I were a team taking him based on just how long it has been since he actually played and competed, but for what we need he would be my first pick ONLY among this group.

2. Jan Vesely

3. Jonas Valanciunas

Undraftable by us: Bismack Biyombo, Donatas Motiejunas, Jeremy Tyler, Davis Bertans, Nikola Mirotic

I know listing those 5 guys as “undraftable” by us and off my big board is somewhat controversial, but for varying reasons with each one of those guys, that is how I feel. Biyombo is way too much of a project, Motiejunas isn’t my kind of player, Tyler’s background and basketball IQ concerns me, and contract issues are too deep for me to think we should risk selecting Bertans or Mirotec at any point in the first round.

The other 3 remain on my board, but in a separate category since I’ve never seen them play before myself, therefore anything I’d really say about them is a guess.

Ok, so my “big board” among the rest of the players eligible to be drafted is the following:

1. Kyrie Irving

2. Derrick Williams

3. Kawhi Leonard

4. Brandon Knight

5. Alec Burks*

6. Chris Singleton*

7. Darius Morris

8. Jimmer Fredette*

9. Nikola Vucevic*

10. Klay Thompson*

11. Tristan Thompson*

12. Marcus Morris*

13.* Tobias Harris*

14. Jordan Hamilton*

15. Marshon Brooks*

16. Markieff* Morris

17. Justin Harper

18. Kory Joseph

19. David Lighty

20. Trey Thompkins

21. Shelvin Mack

22. JuJuan Johnson

23. Josh Selby

24. Tyler Honeycutt

25. Charles Jenkins

So, based on my viewing of tape on players all across the country, that is my top 20 on my PACERS board….if I were evaluating players for a different team, I might have a couple different players here or there, and the order might change slightly, but for us, that is how I would rank them.

I assume some of you would protest me not listing PG Reggie Jackson. To me, his knee injury is a concern, but considering that his camp isn’t apparently sharing his medical history with teams at all either, that is a giant red flag to me and would take him off my board.

Ok, so my own draft board is laid out for all to see. No surprises I am sure to those who actually read my 10 draft profiles, which are marked with an asterisk * up above.

I regret not making time for a really indepth 11 article on Darius Morris, who I feel is a potential really nice player in this draft. In my “best of the rest” article I compared him to Steve Blake, but I think that is his floor…..a pure point guard with size and athleticism, I think he reminds me a little of a poor man’s Ron Harper, a player I used to really like. Morris sees the floor very well, has the vision to see over smaller defenders, has a confidence and flair to his game, and cuts well off the basketball. Defensively I think he can guard 2 positions depending on the matchups, and his greater defensive talent/potential plus his size is why I ranked him ahead of Jimmer Freddette for us slightly.

Klay Thompson has grown on me some since I first did his profile, not because I think he will suddenly be a better defender than I thought originally (he won’t, he will be a sieve still), but because I think offensively he is better than I may have thought even. And while I don’t think that right now Tristan Thompson is really all that good of a basketball player, I do think he at least has a bit more potential down the road than either Morris twin, though each of them would be a much safer selection. Vucevic is where he is due to the overall lack of centers in general, and the fact that I think he can easily be our long term back up 5 man for years, and possibly can develop to the point that that position becomes a major position of strength for us…..and of course not having to overpay for centers is really good cap management going forward.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————— —-

Ok, with all of that out in the open, here is my mock draft as of 10PM Wednesday, June 22. This draft will be a little different, because I am going to forecast some trades in here that havent happened yet, which is a goofy thing to attempt to predict but I am doing it anyway. Hope you enjoy:

1. Cleveland : Kyrie Irving. No shocking move here.

2. Minnesota: Derrick Williams. I don’t think Minnesota gets a deal done, despite trying very hard, at least on draft night.

3. PROJECTED TRADE: Washington trades up to #3 and takes Enos Kanter. Utah gets the #6 and #18 picks in the draft in the deal, might be a player or 2 involved as well.

Isn’t projecting trades more fun?????

4. PROJECTED TRADE: Sacramento moves up to #4 and takes Brandon Knight, the 3rd straight year they take a player coached by John Calipari. Cleveland gets #7 from Sacramento and some other assets, could be some money involved coming from Cleveland, and a player headed from Sacramento to Cleveland.

5. Toronto selects Tristan Thompson. I have no idea what Toronto is doing in general, so this is more of a guess than anything. But Thompson is more highly rated than I have been able to understand, and he is from Toronto, so let’s give him here.

6. Utah selects Kawhi Leonard. Leonard is a nice pick up for them, as he improves them greatly defensively and is a nice fit for the Jazz next to Gordon Heyward long term.

7. Cleveland selects Jan Vesely. Vesely I have never seen play, but apparently he is very athletic and would make a nice long term screen/roll partner with Kyrie Irving.

8. Detroit selects Kemba Walker. Detroit needs to start making some sense of a muddled roster, and their new owner wants results immediately. Enter Walker, who becomes a starter and de facto team leader in Detroit from day 1.

9. Charlotte selects Marcus Morris. Another reasonably safe and unexciting pick for the league’s most boring franchise. Having said that, they need ready to play talent and Morris is going to be able to get rotation minutes with them immediately.

10. PROJECTED TRADE: Houston moves up and selects: Jonas Valanciunas. Houston gets the 10th pick and pick #40 from Milwaukee, Milwaukee gets pick #14 and #23 from Houston

11. Golden State selects Chris Singleton. Very good move by the defensively challenged Warriors in my judgment if it plays out this way.

12. Utah selects Jimmer Freddette, making everyone in Utah very happy.

13. PROJECTED TRADE: Indiana trades #15,* and AJ Price to Phoenix. Indiana is on the clock. Phoenix makes this move since Fredette is gone, and they need a legitimate point guard with experience for Steve Nash. Plus, they can move down and still get the guy they want.

OK, SO NOW IT IS TIME TO CALL MY SHOT!

In this scenario, many rumored targets are gone, but remaining on the board are Bismack Biyombo, Marshon Brooks, Markieff Morris, Nikola Vucevic and Alec Burks among others.

This is an easy call for me to make:

With the 13th pick in the 2011 NBA draft, the Indiana Pacers select ALEC BURKS, SG, COLORADO.

I don’t love Burks as much as I loved Paul George last year, but he is my favorite player in this draft. He is 2 1/2 years younger than Marshon Brooks, can get to the rim at will, is a willing and capable passer, and I think he can even play some point guard in emergency situations. He needs to get stronger no question, and I see no reason why he won’t as he physically matures. Right now his range is 18 feet or so, he needs to expand that to the NBA line at some point, but he is a hard working young man from all accounts and has an uncanny knack as an elite scorer that we need, especially as a slasher and isolation guy in time. He can be our third or 4th wing in our rotation immediately, and long term projects to me as a 20 points per game* type guy assuming he develops as I think he will. An almost perfect prototype player skill wise right between Danny Granger and Paul George, since he would be immediately from day 1 our best ballhandling wing. He also will quickly be a strong ballhandler in the screen/roll game I feel, and be our best threat in screen/roll other than possibly Collison. To me in this scenario he clearly would be the best player available. No offense to all of you Marshon Brooks fans, but I just simply think Burks is a superior player…..and I don’t even really see it being all that close.

14.* Milwaukee takes Marshon Brooks.

15. Phoenix takes Markieff Morris, who they would have taken anyway at #13 perhaps.

16. Philadelphia takes Nikola Vucevic.

17. New York takes Bismack Biyombo.

18. Utah (now on the clock after trading down) takes Nikola Mirotic. Nice move by Utah, as they can stash the highly rated Mirotic overseas. In this scenario, Utah already has made 2 selections and wouldn’t want a third rookie on their payroll for 2011/2012.

19. Charlotte takes Jordan Hamilton. Charlotte is a perfect match for his game, as the Bobcats need outside shooting very very badly. They will consider Hamilton I think at 9 even tomorrow night.

20. PROJECTED TRADE: LA LAKERS ACQUIRE PICK #20 FROM MINNESOTA FOR $3 MILLION IN CASH. LA Lakers then select Malcolm Lee, 6’6 PG from UCLA.

21. Portland selects Kenneth Faried

22. PROJECTED TRADE: INDIANA ACQUIRE PICK #22, AND* KOSTA KOUFOS FROM DENVER FOR BRANDON RUSH AND PICK #42

I would personally clearly go with Darius Morris, but I believe Indiana would want to go big here…..if Lance is really as good as Bird seems to think, moving Rush and Price on draft night clears playing time for him, and Morris would only be in the way if we took him, so with this move I am thinking Indiana must have a clear front court guy to take.

WITH THE #22 PICK IN THE 2011 NBA DRAFT, INDIANA SELECTS TOBIAS HARRIS, F TENNESSEE

Harris is a very intelligent, clear headed, high character versatile player that probably reminds Bird alot of another very similar player to him, Austin Croshere. The ability to play backup minutes in 2 spots helps Bird pull the trigger to make this move, but mainly it is to clear Brandon Rush out of town and give minutes to others.

23 Milwaukee selects Darius Morris

24. Oklahoma City selects Donatas Motiejunas

25. Boston selects Davis Bertans

26. Dallas selects Jimmy Butler

27. New Jersey selects Iman Shumpert

28. Chicago selects Tyler Honeycutt

29. San Antonio selects Reggie Jackson

30. PROJECTED TRADE CHICAGO TRADES PICK #30 TO THE HOUSTON ROCKETS FOR CASH CONSIDERATIONS.

Houston then selects Justin Harper.

————————————————————————————————————————————— —————-

So there you have it…..I’ll be lucky to get most of any of that correct of course, but I think it is fun to speculate on what other moves around the league might be made.

I do however think I have Indiana’s first pick correct….I think we will move up if we have to, or just stay put and let him fall to us, but one way or the other I think Alec Burks is an Indiana Pacer tomorrow night.

Of course I am biased, because that is exactly who I myself want, with my second choice being Chris Singleton and my third Darius Morris. Harris is in the middle of my preferences, but I believe Bird likely has him higher in his list of preferences than most, so with a clear opportunity to clear salary and still take him, I think Bird would make a move like I described above if it presented itself. But clearly the highlight move for me would be landing Burks, who I’ve had my eye on since I started breaking down film on him in January. High character, with a skill set that perfectly compliments our core players and a high ceiling. Alec Burks is one of the things we really need to be a complete well rounded talented team….we probably need a big enforcing rebounding stud power forward/center a little worse, but THAT guy isn’t in this draft.

We will all see what transpires tomorrow night.

I will be in Fort Wayne until Sunday night, but I will have a draft piece about whatever we do Thursday night when I return. Have fun tomorrow Pacers fans!

As always, the above is just my opinion.

Tbird

*beeps*

Re: Tbird 2011 official mock draft, my big board, and calling my shot on what I think our Pacers do

I love the trade ideas.

Comment

Re: Tbird 2011 official mock draft, my big board, and calling my shot on what I think our Pacers do

Alex Burks

his play making ability is off the charts just watched a game of his that i had on DVR he is one of the few players with serious upside.

i agree about Darius the kid will be in the league for awhile and will be a good pg. I would be happy with him or Reggie Jackson if we acquire a late pick or if Burks or Singleton isn't there.
      Last edited by pacer4ever; 06-23-2011, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pacer4ever View Post
        Alex Burks

his play making ability is off the charts just watched a game of his that i had on DVR he is one of the few players with serious upside.
        I love that you pretty much know more about this draft than anyone on the board but you still say Alex Burks every time.

Comment

Wasn't Burks one of the players that denied working out for the Pacers? (I could be wrong).

If so, why was that? Maybe there's a perfectly good reason, but that doesn't sound like a guy I want on my team.
          Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Comment

I'm with you P4E I want Burks also, badly. I do not like the idea of trading Price though, everybody hates him on PD and I have no idea why. If we can trade Rush for any pick in the first round it would be a steal IMO. I would be willing to trade Rush for the 60th pick and still think we got the better end of the deal.

There has to be a team picking around 20-25 that would take Rush. Here's to a great Pacers draft tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by Psyren View Post
              Wasn't Burks one of the players that denied working out for the Pacers? (I could be wrong).

If so, why was that? Maybe there's a perfectly good reason, but that doesn't sound like a guy I want on my team.
              yes but that is due to keeping his stock high. his agent thinks he looks bad if he workouts for the Pacers sitting at #15. Plus they don't have time for every team workout. It was all his agent it isn't because he doesn't want to play here. Same with Tristan Thomson it is all about stock and his agent telling him where to go.

Comment

I'm down with that scenario, I think Alec would be a steal at 13. Tbird you are always pretty close to being right on the money.

I am freakin stoked for tomorrow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pacer4ever View Post
                  yes but that is due to keeping his stock high. his agent thinks he looks bad if he workouts for the Pacers sitting at #15. Plus they don't have time for every team workout. It was all his agent it isn't because he doesn't want to play here. Same with Tristan Thomson it is all about stock and his agent telling him where to go.
                  Okay! Thanks so much for that clarification, I appreciate it.

Now that just makes him that much more attractive to me. I'm a big fan of his but was a bit unsure about him after he denied our workout, but seeing that it was just to keep his stock high makes him much more attractive.
                  Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Comment

Kosta Koufos has a chance to be a good backup center. Never played much but bad 2 breakout games in April where he went for 14 point and 6 rebounds in 27 minutes, 18 points and 9 rebounds in 19 minutes. I'd rather draft Darius Morris simy based off of the fact that I like him better than Harris. But I don't know much about Tobias? Does he have great upside? Could he be another Paul George like pick.

Comment

hmmm.

I'm going to print this out and take it with me when I view the draft tomorrow.
                      My question: is moving up 2 spots essential to get alec? Especially after houston already traded up and the bucks are taking Brooks at 14 regardless after that trade? I don't see us giving up AJ for 2 spots up in this draft.

Of course, I love reading this and here I am arguing with a hypothetical.

It's a testament to how much I love basketball that I'm this excited by such a week draft. Let the games begin.

Nice Read Tbird.

Comment

Originally posted by CooperManning View Post
                        I love that you pretty much know more about this draft than anyone on the board but you still say Alex Burks every time.
                        He is one of my favorites in this draft. But i really didn't think we had a shot at him a week ago. Reading all the rumors now of how MIL is willing to trade #10 gives me hope. I really don't know where he goes on draft night i mean he would be a perfect fit with Charlotte IMO. I would be thrilled with Burks Singleton , or trade back and Jackson or Darius. I just want some defense and all those guys play pretty good defense. But Burks has some serious upside the offense he played in at Colorado was ugly has hell and he didn't have much help.

ESPNU does a great job of putting his games and other prospects games on during draft time 2 of his games was on last night.

Comment

not gonna lie...when i was reading this, i was scrolling just enough to see the next pick, pretending like it was the real thing lol

...and i got excited for alec burks being an indiana pacer...then realized, booo, this was just a mock draft :P

Comment

If the Pacers get Josh Smith , top 4 pick, or Larry Sanders and number 10 I'll go streaking through my driveway.

Comment

Originally posted by RoboHicks View Post
                              Written by thunderbird1245

Link

Ok, so my “big board” among the rest of the players eligible to be drafted is the following:

1. Kyrie Irving

2. Derrick Williams

3. Kawhi Leonard

4. Brandon Knight

5. Alec Burks*

6. Chris Singleton*

With the 13th pick in the 2011 NBA draft, the Indiana Pacers select ALEC BURKS, SG, COLORADO.

I don’t love Burks as much as I loved Paul George last year, but he is my favorite player in this draft. He is 2 1/2 years younger than Marshon Brooks, can get to the rim at will, is a willing and capable passer, and I think he can even play some point guard in emergency situations. He needs to get stronger no question, and I see no reason why he won’t as he physically matures. Right now his range is 18 feet or so, he needs to expand that to the NBA line at some point, but he is a hard working young man from all accounts and has an uncanny knack as an elite scorer that we need, especially as a slasher and isolation guy in time. He can be our third or 4th wing in our rotation immediately, and long term projects to me as a 20 points per game* type guy assuming he develops as I think he will. An almost perfect prototype player skill wise right between Danny Granger and Paul George, since he would be immediately from day 1 our best ballhandling wing. He also will quickly be a strong ballhandler in the screen/roll game I feel, and be our best threat in screen/roll other than possibly Collison. To me in this scenario he clearly would be the best player available. No offense to all of you Marshon Brooks fans, but I just simply think Burks is a superior player…..and I don’t even really see it being all that close.
                              Well, perhaps I'm not so crazy afterall. It's been a Brooks lovefest around here, but I agree Burks is the guy this team needs. Burks and Singleton are the guys I've been hoping Indiana considers drafting, and I'm very open about trading up a few spots to do it. I agree that Burks would be great for Indiana. He's my top pick for the Pacers, although I'd love getting Singleton as well if Burks is off the board (both may be). I love that Burks is a strong passer, a scorer, and a good team player.

Last year I was very interested in George (I also liked Ed Davis and Ekpe Udoh), but I didn't think Indiana would actually pick George. Thank goodness they surprised me and grabbed him. Can it happen again this year with Burks? I sure hope so.

BTW, another guy who sounds great for Indiana would be Jonas Valanciunas (definitely would require a trade and some luck regarding falling a few spots so he wouldn't be too expensive to acquire) if somehow he fell lower than expected, but I don't think that will happen. I'll freely admit that I've seen very limited footage of him. I just really liked what I saw. Looked good on rebounding and defense; definitely far from the negative "Euro" stereotypes.
                              Last edited by IndyPacer; 06-23-2011, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X