Thread: A.J., Cro, Freddie and especially Scot deserve a ton of credit

Default A.J., Cro, Freddie and especially Scot deserve a ton of credit

The bench especially considering that AL did not play was the difference in this game.

If not for for each of the 4 bench players the Pacers lose this game, without question.

It seemed after Tinsley got hit in the face he was awful, 4 turnovers in about 4 minutes. Luckily AJ was able to come in and at least steady the Pacers.

Croshere, when he came in when J.O picked up his 4th foul, I said to no one in particular that we need something from Croshere and he delivered after a poor first half. Two huge threes a couple of big rebounds

Freddie, I have no idea what his stats were, but he was outstnaidng today, his defense was steller, he was running the pick and roll very well and just making plays. I have said for two seasons now I like Freddie and the more I see him the better I like Fred Jones

Last but not least Scot Pollard. He was agggressive and he looked like a player out there, he got a few very tough rebounds and even scored a little. Very happy for Scot, he is an easy guy to cheer for because of his attitude and his approach to things. His physical presense made a difference in this game.

I could mention the starters, but the bench was key today

Default Re: A.J., Cro, Freddie and especially Scot deserve a ton of credit

Freddie, I have no idea what his stats were, but he was outstnaidng today, his defense was steller, he was running the pick and roll very well and just making plays. I have said for two seasons now I like Freddie and the more I see him the better I like Fred Jones
    I could not agree with you more. I really really like Fred, and think he will be an outstanding player. He had 7 pts on 3/6 shooting and 5 assists. He has the knack to become a good guard for us, and I think by next year, he will be an integral part of this team.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Don't forget to mention Mr. Pacer, Killer Miller himself, the one and only Uncle Reggie, Superman-Superhuman RRRRRReggie Miller!

I could not agree with you more. I really really like Fred, and think he will be an outstanding player. He had 7 pts on 3/6 shooting and 5 assists. He has the knack to become a good guard for us, and I think by next year, he will be an integral part of this team.
    I'm with you guys. I'm looking at him today on the court and thinking "This guy will be our starting shooting guard in a couple years.

I'm with you guys. I'm looking at him today on the court and thinking "This guy will be our starting shooting guard in a couple years.
    I have no doubt about it. Imagine Tinsley, FJ, Artest, Harrington, and JO as a starting lineup (thOUgh I don't like JO playing C, he gets into foul trouble)
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I have no doubt about it. Imagine Tinsley, FJ, Artest, Harrington, and JO as a starting lineup (thOUgh I don't like JO playing C, he gets into foul trouble)
    Actually I don't think our starting lineup will every include Ron, Al, and JO together. I think we'll always have a diff. center to pair with JO, and Al will be on the bench or traded.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Actually I don't think our starting lineup will every include Ron, Al, and JO together. I think we'll always have a diff. center to pair with JO, and Al will be on the bench or traded.
    Ditto. JO is a natural PF and Al is a natural SF.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Hey MS2AF??? Where did you get that brilliant avatar moviefile from??? I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Well, if Al plays SF, and Ron plays SG, FJ will be on the bench. We will then have absolutely no outside shooting at all. I am not sure about Al though. He will want to start, and I'm sure the Pacers organization will want to keep him here.

Mood

Well, if Al plays SF, and Ron plays SG, FJ will be on the bench. We will then have absolutely no outside shooting at all. I am not sure about Al though. He will want to start, and I'm sure the Pacers organization will want to keep him here.
    I don't know what we'll do...

Me neither....

This is probably why people like us shouldnt be running franchises

Mood

Me neither....

This is probably why people like us shouldnt be running franchises
    I know some people would like my topless cheerleadersso much that they'd buy tickets, bad team or not...

Hey MS2AF??? Where did you get that brilliant avatar moviefile from??? I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!

Regards,

Mourning
    Check out the Pacers Multimedia? Thread. It should be on the next one, two, or three pages. It comes from the slamdunk.ru website.

I am really glad that we got Jones over Rush. I think that Fred has already shown that he is the better player--and if it was Zeke who pushed for us to get him there is another think we can give him credit for.

I think it is premature to say that JO, Ron and Al can't start togather after all the 3 of them are on the court at the same time as one another. If we are willing to trade any player for the benefit of the team I think we should play any player at any position for the benefit of the team. And all parties involved seem to think that Al will be starting.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

I am really glad that we got Jones over Rush. I think that Fred has already shown that he is the better player--and if it was Zeke who pushed for us to get him there is another think we can give him credit for.

I think it is premature to say that JO, Ron and Al can't start togather after all the 3 of them are on the court at the same time as one another. If we are willing to trade any player for the benefit of the team I think we should play any player at any position for the benefit of the team. And all parties involved seem to think that Al will be starting.
    I agree on all counts. At first, I was annoyed that we chose Jones over Rush...I was real high on the guy. But, DW always knows what he is doing. And I remember they did a piece on Jones when he was drafted, and he comes from a real decent family and all, with a positive upbringing. Better than some Portland guy, right?

He brings to the table something we honestly don't have: penetration. The guy can create, and no one else can do it as well as he can. When next year begins, I really look forward to what he is going to bring.

I have no fear in what management does, and I know they will do the right thing, whatever they do.

Scott Pollard was great yesterday. I was when Carlisle took him out at the end of the game. We started to lose our momentum.

He got tough rebounds, played solid defense even put back a couple of nice ofensive rebounds.

Has anybody ever seen the movie "this is spinal tap"? There's a song on there called stone henge & everytime Pollard enters the game or does anything at all I keep singing "Stone hands, where the demons play". I know, I know I'm nuts. But it strikes me as funny.

I have to throw out an insult here, even though I know I shouldn't. Is it me or is Foster becoming less & less consistant? I thought he was horrid yesterday.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Foster is worn down, he needs the allstar break more than anyone. He is not used to playing this many minutes and even if he only loses 15% of his energy that kills his game. So I expect to see a much improved Foster after the break.

I think Foster's right hand maybe the problem. Ever since he dislocated his ring finger, he has had problems.

I noticed several times after getting a rebound or trying to get a rebound, he grabs his right hand or looks at it and shakes it. Sunday, it was heavily bandaged.

It is possible it may be more than just dislocated.

I would rather be the hammer than the nail

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Some random comments for this thread:

JO is as natural a center as there is in the NBA. In every way, his game is a 5's. t:
    Exactly. But as long as Reb Porter continues to introduce JO to the crowd as a 'forward' some people just aren't going to realize the obvious.

Let's put it another way. Does anybody really think Foster or Harrington is playing center when they're on the court with JO?

[hr]
    I could mention the starters, but the bench was key today
    Funny, when I got home, and Jay's_Wife@Section222 asked about the game, the first two thoughts I had were JO's continued dominance (and I really enjoyed listening to Rick Carlisle's post game press conference) and Reggie's clutch shot. (Of course, I spent as much time talking about Boomer)

Yes, its painful for me to admit this, but yesterday P-o-l-l-a-r-d w-a-s v-e-r-y g-o-o-d (and we wouldn't have won the game without his contribution.)

[hr]
    I have no doubt about it. Imagine Tinsley, FJ, Artest, Harrington, and JO as a starting lineup
    I used to think that a frontcourt of Ron, Al, and JO would be unbelievably good; but the five man plus/ minus doesn't show that combination as being as effective as others. My analysis: where each of those guys wants to play on the offensive end is too close to the others, making that combination much easier to defend. If you ultimately take Jeff out of the starting lineup, I think Bender or Croshere has a better chance of creating a more *cohesive* lineup than Al. In my opinion, Foster will remain the starting PF until either (1) JB or Croshere prove to consistently be more effective than Jeff, (and, considering how JB and Austin have played over the past couple seasons, I'm not predicting that will actually happen), or(2) we make a major personnel change.

[hr]
    My last comment, why does Reggie keep running away the split second Tinsely tries to throw the ball to him? This has probably happened ten times in the past two weeks.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

My last comment, why does Reggie keep running away the split second Tinsely tries to throw the ball to him? This has probably happened ten times in the past two weeks.

What? More explanation please.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What? More explanation please.
    Sorry, that was a horribly written paragraph. My bad.

Let me try again... I've seen a few instances where it Jamaal is beginning to pass to Reggie, and Reggie doesn't realize it and begins a cut. The ball then sails out of bounds. I'm not blaming either one, but Jamaal does get credit for the turnover.

It seems to me like, recently, Reggie and Jamaal haven't been on the same page, and its corresponded to Jamaal's increasing turnover count.

And you know the old PG in me just wants to point out that not every turnover commited by the PG is really the PGs fault. (Just like sometimes the receiver runs the wrong route in a football game and the quarterback throws an interception.)
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you