Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bucks interested in BRush and Marshon Brooks

Default Bucks interested in BRush and Marshon Brooks

http://www.journaltimes.com/sports/a...cc4c03286.html

GERY WOELFEL gwoelfel@journaltimes.com JournalTimes.com | Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:05 am

The Milwaukee Bucks' interest in possibly drafting Marshon Brooks has heated up.

Brooks, a prolific shooting guard from Providence College, will work out for Bucks officials Tuesday at the team's training facility in St. Francis.

It'll mark the second time Brooks will audition for the Bucks but the first time he'll display his talents before all of the Bucks' talent evaluators.

Brooks worked out before assistant general manager Jeff Weltman and player personnel director Dave Babcock just over a week ago in Chicago.

Bucks general manager John Hammond and scouting director Billy McKinney couldn't attend the workout because they were scouting other players in Europe.
    Brooks, who averaged 24.6 points a game last season, the second highest average in the nation, is one the fastest rising player in the draft.

Once considered a late first-round pick, the 6-foot-5 Brooks who has a 7-foot-1 wing span is a legitimate top 15 selection.

Seth Cohen, Brooks' agent, confirmed his client would work out for the Bucks again and added that Brooks will also work out for another lottery team, one drafting in front of the Bucks, Wednesday. Cohen wouldn't reveal the team.

"I think Marshon Brooks is going to be one of the biggest stories of the draft,'' Cohen said.

Leuer will showcase talent, too

Former University of Wisconsin standout Jon Leuer will also be among the six draft prospects working out for the Bucks Tuesday.

Mark Bartelstein, Leuer's agent, is confident his client won't have to wait around long to hear his name called by NBA commissioner David Stern.

"I think he'll go somewhere in the first round, somewhere in the 20s'' Bartelstein said. "He's a legitimate 7-footer who can shoot the heck out of the ball. And his workouts have gone really well.''

The Bucks currently have two picks, one in the first round, the 10th overall selection, and one in the second round, the 40th overall selection.

A veteran player personnel director said he believes Leuer will be chosen between 20 and 35.

After working out for the Bucks, Leuer will travel to Dallas to work out for the NBA champion Mavericks, who have the 26th pick.

Another player of note who'll be at the Cousins Center with Leuer and Brooks is forward Chris Singleton of Florida State.

The ruggedly-built Singleton, who calls himself a "modern-day Scottie Pippen, is projected to be drafted between nine and 15.

While Singleton's offensive skills need improvement, he is considered by some as the best defensive forward in the draft.

Rumor is just a rumor

So, John Hammond, any truth to the widespread rumor the Bucks are going to trade center Andrew Bogut and their top pick - No. 10 overall - to the Minnesota Timberwolves for the second overall pick in Thursday night's NBA draft?

"Absolutely not,'' Hammond responded. "None.''
    Bucks won't see Motiejunas up close

Donatas Motiejunas, the skilled 7-0 power forward from Lithuania who reminds some scouts of former Buck forward Toni Kukoc, won't be working out for the Bucks.

Because of basketball commitments in Europe, Motiejunas' agent, Herb Rudoy, said his client wasn't able to work out for NBA teams until the last few days.
    Motiejunas, projected as a late lottery selection, worked out for Houston (No. 14) and Philadelphia (No. 16) and will work out for the Knicks (No. 17) Tuesday.

Around the league

Look for Minnesota to relieve Kurt Rambis of his head coaching duties, possibly within the next couple of weeks. Still, there are some league insiders who claim Rambis could still retain his job by firing at least two of his assistant coaches. ... Hammond claims the Bucks will take "the best player available.'' at No. 10 - regardless of position. ...While the Bucks figure to work out several dozen draft prospects, the Orlando Magic won't work out any. The Magic have a lowly second-round pick - No. 53 overall - and feel it's a waste of everyone's time and money to work out a player that isn't likely to make their team anyway. ... The Bucks haven't tendered a qualifying offer to restricted free agent to be Luc Mbah a Moute, but that's only inevitable. The Bucks are quite fond of Mbah a Moute and undoubtedly will match any offer made to him during free agency. ... I've been told the Bucks may have some interest in Indiana shooting guard Brandon Rush, whose name has surfaced on the trading rumor mill. ... Dallas Mavs small forward Caron Butler of Racine has been assisting his ailing grandmother, Margaret Butler, who is recovering from a kidney transplant. But Butler hopes to take his family soon to Disney World. Said Butler: "That's what all the champion do.''

----------

No secret that BRush is out there to be had. He'd be a perfect fit for the Bulls if you are looking in the same division.
    Last edited by Speed; 06-21-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Default Re: Bucks interested in BRush and Marshon Brooks

Skiles and Brooks sounds like a recipe for disaster. Skiles and
    Singelton sounds like a match made in heaven.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

#10 for #15 and Rush? Bucks can take Brooks at #15, while we move up to take Burks or Singleton or Biyombo.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    #10 for #15 and Rush? Bucks can take Brooks at #15, while we move up to take Burks or Singleton or Biyombo.
    I like the idea in theory, but will you like the players at #10 that much better than you'd like the players at 15

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Biyombo is still on the board at #10, I do that trade without hesitation.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I like the idea in theory, but will you like the players at #10 that much better than you'd like the players at 15
    Jimmer would be there at 10th he won't be there at 15th, he is the player I like.

Yes, most likely. Plus it clears Rush's contract, giving us even more cap space.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

I'd do Larry Sanders for B-Rush straight up.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Heck, I'd give up Rush for a late first-rounder!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

rush +15 pick= 10 pick

And who would the Pacers have to take back to meet Rush's salary since the Bucks aren't below the cap at 68.8 mil?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Absolutely! You just moved up into the lottery ahead of 5 other teams who can take who the Pacers pick at #15.

But why would Milwaukee want to do this trade to get Rush? Since they would have to send back a player, are they that intersted in getting rid of Dooling (salary matches Rush's) to have to move back 5 spots? I don't see this trade happening, it's just another rumor to me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd love to see this trade made. It puts us in front of Utah, and gives us a great chance to land Jimmer!

Mood

Sounds like they know that Brooks is getting a lot of attention and they are trying show their interest so that if teams are interested in Brooks then they will have to take this serious and possibly offer them a trade to come up and grab him... I'm sure they will get offers.

I would like if we could do that trade someone was talking about Larry Sanders for Brush straight up. This might give the Bucks incentive not to take Brooks (if that is their true intentions) and then grab Brooks with the #15 pick. I would like that a lot.

Open up pt for Brooks, and give us another young PF with potential, especially with losing Foster. Sanders had 15pts, 10reb, and 8 blocks in 33min against Denver earlier this year...(career game), not bad for his best game of his rookie season.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

So the Bucks have interest in Brooks and Burks, so honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we traded Rush for their pick straight up...maybe we'll add in a future 2nd round pick or something, but I think mainly it would be Rush straight up for their #10 pick. Just my speculation, though.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianDudley View Post
    So the Bucks have interest in Brooks and Burks, so honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we traded Rush for their pick straight up...maybe we'll add in a future 2nd round pick or something, but I think mainly it would be Rush straight up for their #10 pick. Just my speculation, though.
    Rush's value isn't close to being that high.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:

Considering the double qualifier of "MAY have SOME interest", I don't think there's much here. He'd be a better backup wing than CDR, but his offensive passivity is the last thing they need. They'd take him as part of a larger trade, but I can't imagine him being worth 5 draft spots to them.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

It would make sense though if the Bucks feel Brooks will be there at #15, and can gain an asset while trading down a few spots.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianDudley View Post

It doesn't work that way. Read posts #11 & 12.

Ding ding ding! You can't trade Rush and #15 for #10 w/o taking back equal salary to Rush. Quit trying!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Jimmer would be there at 10th he won't be there at 15th, he is the player I like.
    Unless he is taken at 7 which I doubt he will be. Honestly I would target Burks if the Bucks would do Rush and the 15 for the 10th.

Edit: IF it doesn't work with the salaries then throw in Brockman or someother scrub.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 06-21-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    Rush's value isn't close to being that high.
    Is the number 10 pick in the draft really going to be better, at least now, than Rush?

All these guys, Brooks, Burks, Thompson college wonders yes but Rush has been in the league 3 years now and has experience

I wonder what a trade involving Rush and filler for Magette and #10 would look lilke
    Sittin on top of the world!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    Is the number 10 pick in the draft really going to be better, at least now, than Rush?

All these guys, Brooks, Burks, Thompson college wonders yes but Rush has been in the league 3 years now and has experience

I wonder what a trade involving Rush and filler for Magette and #10 would look lilke
    There is always this majestic wonder with new toys that you value more than old ones.

Plus that 3 yrs of experience goes down the drain especially when most view him as a player that hasn't progressed, they see that as his peak while everyone feels that they might be drafting the next breakout player.

Better now probably but most of these teams are trying to rebuild, or just build in some cases.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    And who would the Pacers have to take back to meet Rush's salary since the Bucks aren't below the cap at 68.8 mil?
    Dooling, I guess He has a similar contract to Rush. I don't think the Bucks value him a lot, so he might make sense as a salary match.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    Yes. Even with this craptastic draft, the answer is still yes.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to bphil For This Useful Post: