Thread: Complete And Thorough Incompetence: Your Guide To The 2011 Pick-Up Basketball Season

Default Complete And Thorough Incompetence: Your Guide To The 2011 Pick-Up Basketball Season

This is nice. I just started playing pickup ball again (wow am I out of shape) and I've played with all of these guys in the last few weeks. My favorite:

We cannot end this discussion without addressing this guy. He has seen just enough basketball to notice that players occasionally set picks, but not enough to understand what they are actually for. He rightly recognizes that he best serves society as a fencepost, but his picks, which he sets on nearly every play, are usually counterproductive.

Unbelievably, he often sets picks on his own teammates, and on one occasion, I have actually heard him express disapproval when his pick was ignored. "I picked you, dude!"
    http://www.sbnation.com/2011/6/16/22...e-2011-pick-up
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Complete And Thorough Incompetence: Your Guide To The 2011 Pick-Up Basketball Season

Ahh pick up basketball, i'll be playing this week as well most likely.

For me its always the little fast ****s who throw up ******** around the rim calling their own fouls everytime as they jump into you and try to scoop it under the rim. I take great pride in throwing their stuff.

Being post player in most 3v3 - 5v5 games. I really hate the guy who moves you with his open hands or elbows and has never learned how to properly get position.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 06-21-2011 at 12:00 AM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Complete And Thorough Incompetence: Your Guide To The 2011 Pick-Up Basketball Season

Personally I hate the guy that's just way, way too athletic. I'm 27, in good enough shape, but the closest I've ever gotten to a dunk is grazing the bottom of the rim on a really good day. I mean, I don't blame the guy, if I could dunk on someone I'd do it at every opportunity, but dude, c'mon.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hate the guys who argue over the score every time we call it out. Or that get pissed when they are fouled. Or who foul if the guy even might get around him and the game is tied at the end. Or the guy who calls a foul even with slight contact because the game is tied at the end. Or the guy who thinks he is the best so he does not pass it after he gets it. Or the guys who are too out of shape to play both sides, so they just stay on offense.

That is all I got right now. You run into all types of d-bags playing at the RSC at Purdue.

Oh, oh, or the fat guy who can't pass or shoot or dribble, but insists on bringing the ball up. Or the one guy who wants to play full court press.