Thread: Primoz = 26pts, 10rbs!

sweabs

Default Primoz = 26pts, 10rbs!

g
    Last edited by sweabs; 08-08-2010 at 06:02 PM.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Primoz = 26pts, 10rbs!

He just fouled out, and the crowd started a small Primoz chant, lol.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

I'm glad to see Primoz doing well.

Now I wish we would have kept him.

NBA.com says 11 boards.

And it should be noted that it was a double OT game (he fouled out with 40 seconds left.) Still, he started at C and played 40 minutes. Guess he's gonna certainly get as much PT as he can handle.

The big surprise to me is that Jason Hart has 19, including a buzzer beater to send it into the second OT. He's supposedly a lock to be the starter, with Omar and Brevin Knight fighting to be his backup. If Hart can really be even a marginal PG, then they're going to be even better than I thought.

[edit] Maybe I spoke too soon. Hart missed a shot with 20 seconds left, then missed a buzzer beater to win the game. Still, pretty nice start for the Cats.
    [edit=67=1097807109][/edit]
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Not to take anything away from him because I didn't see the game but Washington is pathetic in the middle. Without Brown and Thomas they are really weak down low. Marc Jackson looked like Wilt reincarnated the other night against them.

primoz might do ok now that he will get some major p.t.
    i am not saying he will be awesome or anything but, he never really had much of a chance to do anything here. and i will give the guy some credit for keeping cool and not acting like some spoiled brat. he is now on a team that really needs him. i wish him luck

The 11 rebounds surprise me more than the 26 points.

I think Primoz could ahve played a lot here, we are desperate for a center, he just wasn't ever good enough. It's not as if he had a superstar in front of him.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We'll all sleep better because we know that he'll never be an all star center in the west...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, as good as Primoz's debut was for the Bobcats, Al Harrington's debut was about as terrible for the Hawks.

3-12 from the field, 1-4 from the line, 7 points, 2 assists (things never change), 1 steal, 4 fouls and 7 turnovers! He did have 9 rebounds but that's pretty damn bad.

I think Al will more than likely exceed Stephen Jackson, and/or Ron Artest's turnover numbers.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Burt_Reincarnated

AL played great in the first game. He sure did stink it up this one tho.

Game 1 vs Orlando Al had this line:
    29mins 8-15fgs 7-8FTs 8rbs 4to 2stls 23pts. The TOs stink. But if he finds somewhere between those 2 games I think the Hawks would be happy.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Primoz can do that consistantly during the season then I might be But I don't see him having many games like that this season

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why Primoz?!!!!WHY?!!!!!! I miss Primoz. Damn Bobcats!! I do doubt he will have that many games like he had last night though.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

This is totally screwing up my fantasy draft strategery.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

I very rarely, if ever, acuse Brunner of being a mouthpiece, but I think this is one of those times.

Why Couldn’t Brezec, Harrington Stay?

Q. I've recently seen how some ex-Pacers like (Al) Harrington and (Primoz) Brezec are having early success with their new teams. For example, in his debut as a starter for the Charlotte Bobcats, Brezec exploded with 26 points and 11 rebounds. It is was no surprise that during Brezec's time with the Pacers (being named a work in progress), he was dead last in the depth chart at center despite other teammates' poor contributions.

Why didn't management help themselves by placing Brezec ahead of a struggling Scott Pollard in the rotation? Why is it so difficult for a player to climb up the depth chart? Is seniority an issue in all this? Are financial agreements (contracts) a factor? Is there so little room for a change? (From Adrian in Puerto Rico)

A. In Harrington's case, you have to ask yourself the question: if he was to be promoted, who was to be demoted? Jermaine O'Neal and Ron Artest are the starting forwards, and both were All-Stars and All-NBA selections last season. Harrington was right behind those two players in minutes played and scoring last season, so he played as big a role was could be reasonably expected. But he really wanted to start and expressed that wish to management, so he was dealt to Atlanta. He got what he wanted and the Pacers got what they needed in Stephen Jackson.

Brezec was a first-round pick of the Pacers in 2000, so it's not like he was given the bum's rush. The franchise was very patient and the coaching staff spent a great deal of time working individually with the young center but he showed only minimal signs of being able to contribute. Because Pollard struggled last season, Brezec had the best opportunity of his career to carve a role, but he did not.

As for the decision to expose him to the expansion draft, once again you must consider the alternatives. The Pacers couldn't protect everybody, and those they did protect were key members of the rotation last season. It appears the experience has awakened something in Brezec, because it seems he's playing with heretofore unseen passion. Of course, it remains to be seen if his impressive outings in summer league and preseason games translate to the regular season.

Harrington and Brezec both are in much the same scenario this season. They're playing much bigger roles on lesser teams. In Atlanta, Harrington can be one of the focal points of the offense. With an expansion team in Charlotte, Brezec may well get the chance to play regularly for the first time in his young career. And the Pacers? They're in position to compete for a championship.
    That's bull. It was reported that we did everything we could to convince Charlotte not to take him, and Bird himself is quoted as telling them that no one will out-work PB.

Frankly, I had the impression last year that Primoz got disillusioned not too far into the season. While Jay and I were high on him from seeing him in the preseason, those who only saw him in mop up minutes were correct in saying he didn't look any good. I think he was pissed that Rick wouldn't play him even when Pollard was playing so gawd-awful, he thought, "What's the point."

Of course, the conspiracy theorists would say that they purposely didn't play PB last season cause they didn't want to lose him to Charlotte. That worked real well.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Its hard for a center to look good in mop-up minutes, everyone is fighting for a chance to earn some more minutes and passing the ball to the third-string center is not usually an effective strategy to get more minutes. I still say the preseason was the most accurate time to evaluate Brezec.

I think Rick made a mistake by not playing Peanut Butter last season, although substituting Austin for Foster worked for one game in the Detroit series, it would have been nice if our high-post center was ready to play.

Pollard had already proved he is/ was a complete waste of a roster position... nobody really believed that Brezec was actually worse than Pollard, did they? Rick's refusal to use the regular season to develop Brezec is one of those things I'll never understand. If it failed, then so what? It probably wouldn't have made our regular season record any worse. If it worked, with Brezec in the high post, we would have had a much better balanced offense to battle Detroit with.

I expect Rick will repeat the same mistake this season with Harrison, and we'll lose to Miami because we won't have anybody ready to deal with The Big You-Know-Who.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

As I have said all along, Primoz is grand guy. Good luck, Primoz!

They were playing the Wizards, and he is pretty much a go to guy. I bet Jones could have had 30+ and not fouled out and beat brezec in other stats.
    [edit=535=1097897914][/edit]
    [edit=535=1097897940][/edit]

They were playing the Wizards, and he is pretty much a go to guy. I bet Jones could have had 30+ and not fouled out and beat brezec in other stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure your right. The problem is, we don't need another swingman. We sure need a center, though.

Yeah but Brezec is still not as good as foster, imagine if that had been foster. And Harrison I think will be better in a few years.