Thread: Bender not playing again

Default Bender not playing again

:
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Default Re: Bender not playing again

Yea, I saw that to.

Like I said in the thread about Bender being injured before, there was a very good possibility that he would miss training camp. From the way things sound, he will miss at least the first part of this week.

Also I am now begining to think that that knee is swelling on it's own & that the report of knee to knee contact was just incidental.

If that is the case, there may be a serious problem that may be career altering.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

he's not playing for the same reason Ron was not playing (hey consistency, rare these days ) : he missed 3 days (or was it 5 ) of practise due to his family circumstances.

if only life was as simple as this

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Who's surprised he isn't playing? Sticks and stones WILL break his bones....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's not hurt Suaveness; he had a family emergency back in N.O. and missed several practices.

According to The Star:

Jonathan Bender is back with the team but hasn't practiced the past two days and is not expected to play in the team's exhibition game Saturday at Memphis. . . . Carlisle said Jermaine O'Neal's availability for Saturday's game essentially will be "up to O'Neal." O'Neal injured his foot during workouts in August.
    [edit=72=1097850209][/edit]
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Wow, Peck, your post is so depressing. If these windows open I might jump out.

I am not ready to panick

Wow, Peck, your post is so depressing. If these windows open I might jump out.

I am not ready to panick

I think Bender is missing the next game for the same reason Ron missed monday -- missing practice, so not ready to play with newer system.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well it only makes Rick's decision more consistant if that's how he is going to choose to play things this year , anyways it's preseason so not too worried yet.

But I don't expect the trend of the past several years to change and I would think people are used to hearing the terms " Bender will not play tonight "

It's almost like the little boy who cried wolf every year , been reading the hype every year and the end of the season rolls around and you look around and feel like you just got fleeced and sold the same old crap hype every year.

[edit=279=1097853702][/edit]

I think you're being a bit hypocritcal here, Sauce. When it was Artest, and my first thought was there were issues going on due to my knowledge of his past behavior, you were quick to preach that it was because Ron missed time for personal reasons, and didn't play because he missed important practices, and so wasn't ready to play just yet. I now agree.

Yet here, Bender has the same circumstances, but instead of having the same view, you roll your eyes and claim it's "same old Bender". It wasn't "same old Ron", and this sure doesn't look like "same old Bender" either.

Kenyon Martin "pulled a Bender"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=241014007

Anthony was superb, but the fans will have to wait the debut of Denver's other star, Kenyon Martin. The All-Star power forward stubbed a toe in his hotel room Thursday morning and watched in street clothes.

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you're being a bit hypocritcal here, Sauce. When it was Artest, and my first thought was there were issues going on due to my knowledge of his past behavior, you were quick to preach that it was because Ron missed time for personal reasons, and didn't play because he missed important practices, and so wasn't ready to play just yet. I now agree.

Yet here, Bender has the same circumstances, but instead of having the same view, you roll your eyes and claim it's "same old Bender". It wasn't "same old Ron", and this sure doesn't look like "same old Bender" either.
    How many Games has Artest missed again due to injuries ? How many has Bender missed

Cinderella's glass slipper is tougher than Bender , if Bender woulda had the same surgey that Ron has last year would he have been shooting jumpers in practice 72 hrs after the surgery Don't think so

apparently you did read my first few lines , I said this seems the way Rick is going to handle things if you miss practice , now I realize Bender had a family issue , but that was after the fact of the injury report of his swelling knee again

My point was he is gonna be the same old injury prone player he has been since he entered the NBA , he's soft IMHO and I won't be surprised if teams don't see that and bang and hack him more when he is in the game and play him more physical.

Maybe I am being critical of Bender but you know what he could be and should be , he may never be because he lacks the abiltiy to be physical and not get hurt.

I been waiting years for Mr Bender to prove to me all this hype is true and I am starving over here , feed me Bender ..Feed ME !!!!!

Harrison says injury doesn't seem serious

Associated Press

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1902757

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana Pacers rookie center David Harrison sprained his right shoulder during practice Friday and will not play in Saturday's preseason game at Memphis.

Harrison was injured while dunking in practice, but said that he did not believe it was serious.

"I can move my arm and feel my hand so I don't think it's going to be something that lasts that long," Harrison said.

Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said Harrison would remain in Indianapolis through the weekend to have further tests on the shoulder.

The 7-foot Harrison was the last player picked in the first round of the NBA draft after passing up his senior season at Colorado.

Injuries are starting to pile up for the Pacers. In addition to Harrison, Jermaine O'Neal is questionable with a sprained foot ligament that has bothered him since the start of training camp. Jonathan Bender also will not play against Memphis, while he nurses a bone bruise on his knee.

Ron Artest will make his preseason debut after missing a game against Washington while he returned from his grandmother's funeral.

i am not worried at this time. even if he didn't play in the preseason at all, i still wouldn't worry. it's no secret that bender has had fraility problems. and with that being the case, i would rather he wait til the season is up and going. i would hate to lose him before this season starts. now, if he doesn't play in the preseason AND is unable to perform when the regular season starts, then it will be cause to be concerned. i will predict he misses about 24 games this year. that's still alot but hey, when you look at what he's been missing lately- it's not too bad.