Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 102

Thread: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

  1. #76
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    For somebody with his athleticism why does he only block like .5 shots a game? Top 10 players are 2 way players. There is a reason why we murdered them at Conseco last year.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  2. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For somebody with his athleticism why does he only block like .5 shots a game? Top 10 players are 2 way players. There is a reason why we murdered them at Conseco last year.
    do you remember what he did to you in LA he went for damm near 50

    the guy is a 22 and 12 guy arguing with you is just a waste of time.

  3. #78
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,186

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Yeah, he went for 50 partially because our idiotic then-coach stuck JAMES POSEY on him and thought he could contain him!

    Slick should have gone down there and punched JOB's lights out and took over coaching that game.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 06-15-2011 at 11:38 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  5. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, he went for 50 partially because our idiotic then-coach stuck JAMES POSEY on him and thought he could contain him!
    ya totally it had nothing to do with skill what so ever

  6. #80
    Member Merz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,087
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    do you remember what he did to you in LA he went for damm near 50

    the guy is a 22 and 12 guy arguing with you is just a waste of time.
    You?

    Alright, clipper4ever.


  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Merz For This Useful Post:


  8. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Merz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You?

    Alright, clipper4ever.

    ya totally

    using one game either way to debate how good BG is is just stupid. Saying because we shut him down in indy he isn't a elite player
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 06-15-2011 at 11:49 PM.

  9. #82
    Member Merz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,087
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ya totally

    using one game either way to debate how good BG is is just stupid. Saying because we shut him down in indy he isn't a elite player
    I'm not arguing about Griffin's ability, I'm just giving you are hard time for referencing the Pacers as "you" instead of "us" or quite simply "the Pacers".

  10. #83
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Merz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not arguing about Griffin's ability, I'm just giving you are hard time for referencing the Pacers as "you" instead of "us" or quite simply "the Pacers".
    you should know by now my typing sucks and am not very skilled in that department

  11. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,935

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    do you remember what he did to you in LA he went for damm near 50

    the guy is a 22 and 12 guy arguing with you is just a waste of time.
    The last double-double guy we had only made this team worse, so I don't see your point. If there was anyone in this league that was overrated last year it was Blake Griffin. He did great for his first season (I can't call him a rookie, just because he didn't play doesn't mean he wasn't with the team), but take away the highlight reel and he might not even be rookie of the year.

  12. #85
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    do you remember what he did to you in LA he went for damm near 50

    the guy is a 22 and 12 guy arguing with you is just a waste of time.
    And we still almost won the game! Thats how bad he is defensively.

    Its too bad we had James Posey stuck on him in the 4th instead of somebody who might actually contend with his athleticism like Jmac.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  13. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And we still almost won the game! Thats how bad he is defensively.

    Its too bad we had James Posey stuck on him in the 4th instead of somebody who might actually contend with his athleticism like Jmac.
    defensively i compare him to Jmac it is poor but he can get better. My only thing is if EJ had too pick who he would team up with a young BG or DG that decision seems easy to be just basing on talent. But you are saying that isn't the case that just doesn't make sense to me.

  14. #87
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he has been a document racist since at least the 80s just google his name and the first thing that pops up his all the crazy **** he does.


    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=jones/060810

    he refuses to let blacks or Latinos buy his houses that he rents out
    Why the hell is this guy owning a team?

  15. #88
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,190

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    ::facepalm::

  16. #89
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure, and so is Melo. Points, assists, rebounds and % are a poor reflection of defensive effort.
    In a few years, Blake has to be an MVP candidate given his talent. But to get there, he will have to put some sort of effort into D. I'm not asking all-defense, with his lack of length he probably will never be a dominant defender. But at least average.
    This year, his D effort went way down after the first month, and his focus went way into offense, but we can't ask for more yet. He's a rookie.
    In three or four years though, if he does not improve on D, he'll be the Melo of power forwards, instead of being LeBron of power forwards as he should with his talent.

    So yeah. If you are talking about future talent. Sure. Who's arguing he's not talented, exactly? Was there someone in this thread who said he's not talented? I surely didn't see it.
    But if you are saying he's got no major holes today, or that he's at the top today, that's not true.
    I didn't say he didn't have flaws. But saying Griffin "has so many holes in his game that he might as well be swiss cheese" is clearly going overboard. He needs to improve his defense and should get more blocks. I fully expect both to improve as he you know, gets past his first year of playing in the NBA. His FT % improved quite a bit during the season. Started at 58% in the first month and hit 72.5% in March and dipped back down to 62.5% in April. His jumper got better as the season went on too. He likes a spot on the left side of the court, about 15 feet out. During pregame he will take a lot of jumpers in that area, finding the exact spot where he wants to be.

    You don't average 22 and 12 on 50% shooting in your rookie season and have so many holes in your game that will prevent you from being great in this league. There is a reason he won the ROY in a landslide. Even looking at past winners, his season was better than theirs. There isn't a player in the league that doesn't have a hole or two in their game. Especially when they were a rookie.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  18. #90
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,161

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Granger vs Blake is obvious but Granger, Collison, Paul George, Hibbert, Hans vs Blake and D. Jordan is another story IMO. If Paul George is really the best player from the 2010 draft class over John Wall ,Favors, or Cousins in 5 years ( I think 3-4)then I would want to play with him and an improved Hibbert and Collison. Granger could still be. 16-20ppg scorer as well. I think Blake doesn't have much more to improve he really is the real born ready.

  19. #91
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,161

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ya totally it had nothing to do with skill what so ever
    Really though, he would have had significantly less points. Were talking about James "too slow" Posey here.

  20. #92
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    330

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    wtf?! I can't believe i'm reading that blake is not appealing to play with because "he doesn't have much to improve". smh, Blake kicked our *** when we played them in LA. Of course he only dunks right now. He has a high *** ceiling. U know how many mid range shots he hit against us to get his career high? idk exact but it was a lot

  21. #93
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,161

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wtf?! I can't believe i'm reading that blake is not appealing to play with because "he doesn't have much to improve". smh, Blake kicked our *** when we played them in LA. Of course he only dunks right now. He has a high *** ceiling. U know how many mid range shots he hit against us to get his career high? idk exact but it was a lot
    Calm down. We all have our opinions. When did I say he wasnt appealing to play with? He you just said it yourself that he already has a midrange game. People like you who get so defensive over stupid things are my pet peeve.

  22. #94
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    330

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Calm down. We all have our opinions. When did I say he wasnt appealing to play with? He you just said it yourself that he already has a midrange game. People like you who get so defensive over stupid things are my pet peeve.
    i wasn't referring to just you. I've been reading it in the whole thread.

  23. #95
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,161

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    I think his ceiling is Karl Malone type 28-30ppg 11-13 rpg and 3-4 apg 1 bpg 1 spg which is not far from his current averages. That's not a bad thing at all. People who are expecting him to be Wilt or Bill Russel or even Kareem just aren't being realistic.

  24. #96
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't say he didn't have flaws. But saying Griffin "has so many holes in his game that he might as well be swiss cheese" is clearly going overboard. He needs to improve his defense and should get more blocks. I fully expect both to improve as he you know, gets past his first year of playing in the NBA. His FT % improved quite a bit during the season. Started at 58% in the first month and hit 72.5% in March and dipped back down to 62.5% in April. His jumper got better as the season went on too. He likes a spot on the left side of the court, about 15 feet out. During pregame he will take a lot of jumpers in that area, finding the exact spot where he wants to be.

    You don't average 22 and 12 on 50% shooting in your rookie season and have so many holes in your game that will prevent you from being great in this league. There is a reason he won the ROY in a landslide. Even looking at past winners, his season was better than theirs. There isn't a player in the league that doesn't have a hole or two in their game. Especially when they were a rookie.
    Ok, so we are basically arguing about what kind of metaphors you can use for his current flaws? He is a horrific defender right now, one of the worst at his position. You can call him a swiss cheese or a teddy bear, who really cares, if you understand what was meant by it.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:


  26. #97
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,603

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sterling will keep the Clippers from ever becoming contenders. Why would any black player want to play for his team? Or play for him while he heckles them from the sidelines? Sterling is an awful human being.
    This times 1000

    That **** sucka would never get anything from me

    he carries himself as an arrogant racist prick. his comments are deploarble and I , as a white cat wouldnt play for him either because his beliefs strongly differ from mine
    Sittin on top of the world!

  27. #98
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,603

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    do you remember what he did to you in LA he went for damm near 50

    the guy is a 22 and 12 guy arguing with you is just a waste of time.
    never argue with an idiot, people form a distance cant tell who is who



    anyone who thinks Blake wont be a stud for a long time, I dont even know how to respond
    Sittin on top of the world!

  28. #99
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    never argue with an idiot, people form a distance cant tell who is who



    anyone who thinks Blake wont be a stud for a long time, I dont even know how to respond
    Apparently people who have differing opinions are idiots. There is always somebody just like you in every thread. Launch the personal insults from a distance. Never actually add anything to the discussion. Kudos to you.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  29. #100
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    I'm pretty sure MJ had holes in his game and relied heavily on his athleticism when he first entered the league too. Bashing Griffin for that is idiotic.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 09:54 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2011, 08:50 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 05:30 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 11:50 PM
  5. Tbird draft analysis: Eric Gordon
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 10:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •