Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 102

Thread: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

  1. #51
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,622

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And Griffin would be the best player on the Heat?
    Horford was the best player on the Hawks imo. And it's not about stats with him, his defense is miles ahead of Blake's at this point.
    Difference of opinion then. I still think Joe Johnson is the best player on the Hawks but could definitely see why someone would say Horford is. Also it's a moot point because Horford is a center. He was even named to the All-NBA 3rd Team as a center.

    Amare Stoudamire was also voted to the All-Star team and All-NBA 2nd Team as a Center... but I'm not arguing that Blake Griffin was better than him.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,622

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    This thread is getting a little confusing off topic so I'll just say that I would absolutely love for the Pacers to some how trade for EJ. I'm a fan of his and I love the way he plays the game.

    I think a trade is the only way the Pacers will be able to get him and it would probably take some sort of 2-player combination of Paul George, DC, or Hibbert to get the Clippers to even discuss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  4. #53
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,428

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    re-signing with the Clippers would be career suicide. A team only known for losing. sure BG had a great rookie season, but the media pimped him way too much. Just because you put up good numbers, doesn't make you all NBA. I would be shocked if the Clippers got any better next season. They are a franchise destined for losing.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


  6. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by bhaas0532 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    re-signing with the Clippers would be career suicide. A team only known for losing. sure BG had a great rookie season, but the media pimped him way too much. Just because you put up good numbers, doesn't make you all NBA. I would be shocked if the Clippers got any better next season. They are a franchise destined for losing.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  8. #55
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,428

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    i'm not even sure that BG will be the best player from this class in a few years. Demarcus Cousins and John Wall also had strong rookie seasons.

  9. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by bhaas0532 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i'm not even sure that BG will be the best player from this class in a few years. Demarcus Cousins and John Wall also had strong rookie seasons.


    they both played on shitter teams and put up worse numbers

    plus that isnt even his class his was a year previous

  10. #57
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,603

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously, he is a good player, fun to watch. Love the high lights reels, but he is not a sound basketball player. No jumper, lacks consistent defense, to many risky plays trying to add to his highlight reel resulting in lots of TO's, he is a terrible from the foul line. This guy was an all-star based off his highlight dunking ability and that is all. 12 rebounds a game is very impressive though.

    But like i said, he has multiple holes in his game. Not an elite player yet. Maybe he fixes these holes, maybe he doesn't. But a team with so much talent one would think they could muster more than 30 wins.
    Seriously?

    respectfully disagree my friend
    Sittin on top of the world!

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  12. #58
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,912

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Blake Griffin did a spin move in the open court, and then through down a dunk over Galinari? How many big guys in the league can do that? A spin move in the open court, quickly followed by a dunk? To say "he's not fundamentally sound" is not accurate. Yes, he probably has work to do defensively like most young big men, but the guy's literally the total package.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  14. #59
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,162

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    EJ back to Indy has picked up steam AFTER they dealed Baron Davis. Again I believe it will come down to Sterling vs Gordon. I just don't see how The clips will improve enough to even get close to the playoffs in the west. Griffen was so good last year you would have expected them to at least get 40 wins.

    Lakers, Mavs, Spurs, Grizzlies,Thunder, Jazz, Portland, Denver (I see them keeping nene and chandler who is a rfa) even the hornets would be ahead if they keep Chris Paul, West, and Landry.

  15. #60
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Wow look at all the s in this thread.

  16. #61
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,146

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Blake Griffin did a spin move in the open court, and then through down a dunk over Galinari? How many big guys in the league can do that? A spin move in the open court, quickly followed by a dunk? To say "he's not fundamentally sound" is not accurate. Yes, he probably has work to do defensively like most young big men, but the guy's literally the total package.
    He traveled pretty badly on that move.

    The Clippers have a ceiling higher than ours over the next few years and who wouldn't rather live in LA than Indy? Makes sense to me.

  17. #62
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    I also take it people aren't staying awake for the Western games and/or just don't have LP.

    Blake is going to be something amazing and the Clippers will be too.

    I don't get how anyone can't see him as a top 10 guy in this league. Again, it makes me believe they aren't even watching what he does.

  18. #63
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He traveled pretty badly on that move.

    The Clippers have a ceiling higher than ours over the next few years and who wouldn't rather live in LA than Indy? Makes sense to me.
    He's been wanting to be back near his family and he grew up watching the Pacers so I guess that's making it difficult on him.

    The bright lights and big market doesn't seem to be of interest to EJ. He tends to always be in Indy often.

    I mean I'd love to get him. He'd be great and I'd want him leading this team, but he's in a good situation in LA.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:


  20. #64
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,380

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the Clippers just wanted to get rid of BD why not just bench him and draft Kyrie Irving.

    Let's hope that the Pacers win 50 games next year (if no lockout) and Clippers win less than 30.
    They wanted to get rid of BDiddy not only because of EJs concerns ( which was news to me ) but because they want to clear BDiddy's overpaid contract from the books. MoWill's contract is roughly $4 to 5 mil a year cheaper then BDiddy's more expensive contract. That $$ saved will go a long way to improve the Team.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  21. #65
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,317

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    a team with cap space is likely to extend their young star's contract? how weird

  22. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They wanted to get rid of BDiddy not only because of EJs concerns ( which was news to me ) but because they want to clear BDiddy's overpaid contract from the books. MoWill's contract is roughly $4 to 5 mil a year cheaper then BDiddy's more expensive contract. That $$ saved will go a long way to improve the Team.
    it was not about money Sterling was just fed up with the clown for his antics.

  23. #67

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Sterling will keep the Clippers from ever becoming contenders. Why would any black player want to play for his team? Or play for him while he heckles them from the sidelines? Sterling is an awful human being.

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  25. #68
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sterling will keep the Clippers from ever becoming contenders. Why would any black player want to play for his team? Or play for him while he heckles them from the sidelines? Sterling is an awful human being.


    WTF are you even talking about? What a rude comment.

  26. #69
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,968

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the Clippers just wanted to get rid of BD why not just bench him and draft Kyrie Irving.
    Uh , Baron was traded to Cleveland.. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  27. #70
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    WTF are you even talking about? What a rude comment.
    Heh. You've clearly missed a huge public discourse.

    DONALD STERLING would bring women into the locker room after games, while the players were showering, and make comments such as, 'Look at those beautiful black bodies.'
    "And when he finished, Donald said something that was very shocking to me. He said, ‘Personally, I would like to have a white Southern coach coaching poor black players. And I was shocked. And he looked at me and said, ‘Do you think that's a racist statement?' I said, ‘Absolutely. That's plantation mentality."
    When Manning's agent told Sterling that the offer was unacceptable, Sterling responded by saying it was a lot of money.

    Said Baylor, in the deposition: "Donald T. said, ‘Well that's a lot of money for a poor black ... ' -- I think he said kid. For a poor black kid I think. For a poor black something, kid or boy or something. Poor black. Poor black.

    "Danny was upset. So Danny just stormed out. He just stormed out of the place. Where he went, I don't know. He never came back to the house."

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-304544
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-283733

    That's not even going outside basketball, like the lawsuit for racial discrimination in his housing projects.

  28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:


  29. #71
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Blake Griffin has so many holes in his game... yet is still able to put up 22.5ppg, 12.1rpg, 3.8apg on 50% shooting. Oh and he was 4th in the entire league in efficiency. Oh and this was in his rookie season.

    Blake Griffin is going to be a dominant force in the NBA for years to come.

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  31. #72
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,473

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Sterling is a cheap, racist ******* that has no business in an NBA arena, much less as an NBA owner. The Clippers will be bad forever and Blake Griffin will be in Brooklyn in 4 years.

  32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  33. #73
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heh. You've clearly missed a huge public discourse.


    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-304544
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-283733

    That's not even going outside basketball, like the lawsuit for racial discrimination in his housing projects.
    I knew this guy's a real dick with his money, but wow I don't think I've ever come across this.

    Someone who would go about saying something like this should not be owning a professional sports franchise.

    Makes me want to get EJ even more. He's a good kid and I know I wouldn't want to be around someone like that.
    Last edited by Trophy; 06-15-2011 at 09:45 PM.

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:


  35. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I knew this guy's a real dick with his money, but wow I don't think I've ever come across this.

    Someone who would go about saying something like this should not be owning a professional sports franchise.

    Makes me want to get EJ even more. He's a good kid and I know I wouldn't want to be around someone like that.
    he has been a document racist since at least the 80s just google his name and the first thing that pops up his all the crazy **** he does.


    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=jones/060810

    he refuses to let blacks or Latinos buy his houses that he rents out

  36. #75
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Blake Griffin has so many holes in his game... yet is still able to put up 22.5ppg, 12.1rpg, 3.8apg on 50% shooting. Oh and he was 4th in the entire league in efficiency. Oh and this was in his rookie season.

    Blake Griffin is going to be a dominant force in the NBA for years to come.
    Sure, and so is Melo. Points, assists, rebounds and % are a poor reflection of defensive effort.
    In a few years, Blake has to be an MVP candidate given his talent. But to get there, he will have to put some sort of effort into D. I'm not asking all-defense, with his lack of length he probably will never be a dominant defender. But at least average.
    This year, his D effort went way down after the first month, and his focus went way into offense, but we can't ask for more yet. He's a rookie.
    In three or four years though, if he does not improve on D, he'll be the Melo of power forwards, instead of being LeBron of power forwards as he should with his talent.

    So yeah. If you are talking about future talent. Sure. Who's arguing he's not talented, exactly? Was there someone in this thread who said he's not talented? I surely didn't see it.
    But if you are saying he's got no major holes today, or that he's at the top today, that's not true.

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 09:54 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2011, 08:50 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 05:30 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 11:50 PM
  5. Tbird draft analysis: Eric Gordon
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 10:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •