Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 102

Thread: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

  1. #26
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,593

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Serioiusly, he is a good player, fun to watch. Love the high lights reels, but he is not a sound basketball player. No jumper, lacks consistent defense, to many risky plays trying to add to his highlight reel. This guy was an all-star based off his highlight dunking ability and that his all. 12 rebounds a game is very impressive though.

    But like i said, he has multiple holes in his game. Not an elite player yet. Maybe he fixes these holes, maybe he doesn't. But a team with so much talent one would think they could muster more than 30 wins.
    I think he'll turn out just fine. He did, after all, just finish up his rookie season.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    We haven't heard about anything that he's asked for a trade based on rumors and Mike Wells' tweets.

    He's probably torn between playing with one of the best young big men in the league and a team who can be something special and come to Indy to be close to his family and play for the Pacers.

    We shall see.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:


  5. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Serioiusly, he is a good player, fun to watch. Love the high lights reels, [B]but he is not a sound basketball player. No jumper, lacks\consistent defense, to many risky plays trying to add to his highlight reel. This guy was an all-star based off his highlight dunking ability and that his all. 12 rebounds a game is very impressive though.

    But like i said, he has multiple holes in his game. Not an elite player yet. Maybe he fixes these holes, maybe he doesn't. But a team with so much talent one would think they could muster more than 30 wins.



    I will agree sometimes he does a stupid play for a highlight. But Blake is one of the best passing big men in the game already. His jumper got a lot better as the season went a long in fact by the end he was shooting the ball from 17ft terrifically. I will agree his defense isn't great yet and isn't likley to be anything better than ave. Karl Malone 2.0 mixed with the effort Charles Barkley showed.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  7. #29
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,760

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



    I will agree sometimes he does a stupid play for a highlight. But Blake is one of the best passing big men in the game already. His jumper got a lot better as the season went a long in fact by the end he was shooting the ball from 17ft terrifically. I will agree his defense isn't great yet and isn't likley to be anything better than ave. Karl Malone 2.0 mixed with the effort Charles Barkley showed.
    Why are you giving me the Picard? You agree with almost everything I said. Also i never said he wasn't a good passer. I've never seen such an odd use of the Picard. My post is Picard worthy but you also agree with me....hmmm

    You know its true, for as good as he looked dunking the ball all year long he also had equally bad mistakes all year long.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  8. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why are you giving me the Picard? You agree with almost everything I said. Also i never said he wasn't a good passer. I've never seen such an odd use of the Picard. My post is Picard worthy but you also agree with me....hmmm

    You know its true, for as good as he looked dunking the ball all year long he also had equally bad mistakes all year long.
    Blake Griffin is already a top 10 NBA player why would you say EJ wouldn't want to play with him? I guess it just didn't make sense to me. DG makes mistakes all year round **** LBJ makes mistakes every game it is part of the game. He is a rookie he is only gonna get better by next season he should be a top 5 NBA. **** he deserved to be starting in the all star game this season the guy is insane.

  9. #31
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Lets not go into a Malone with Barkley's effort yet.
    For one, he needs to start running on defense first. It was so annoying to see DeAndre Jordan run back 2 full seconds before Blake on many possessions. He did show a ton of effort at the start, preseason, November. But as the year went on, he got lazier and lazier. Surely he got physically tired somewhat and started to balance his energy, but most of this seemed mental and got ridiculous at times. He was nowhere near Charles Barkley in terms of energy. Anti-Barkley at times.

    I'm not down on Blake at all, but he does have some serious gaps which can be explained by youth, inexperience, mentally toxic Clippers environment, lack of veterans around him, and him missing a full year and thus probably having lower stamina.
    Let him become a Shawn Kemp first, and when he improves a lot and stays at that level for many years without getting injured, he can be Malone 2.0 with Barkley's energy.

  10. #32
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,760

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Blake Griffin is already a top 10 NBA player why would you say EJ wouldn't want to play with him? I guess it just didn't make sense to me. DG makes mistakes all year round **** LBJ makes mistakes every game it is part of the game. He is a rookie he is only gonna get better by next season he should be a top 5 NBA. **** he deserved to be starting in the all star game this season the guy is insane.
    Just saying he might want to come to Indiana more, thus he should reject the extension thats all i'm saying. I'm pretty sure by the end of next year EJ will know if he wants to continue being a Clipper. They have just as good a chance to suck next year too, they will be lucky to improve to .500 on the season.

    No way would I call Griffin a 10 ten player in the league. He hasn't even made the Clippers better yet. 29 wins last year, 32 wins this year. They went 7-9 in their own division. By your standards he should be the 2nd best player in his division behind Kobe, but they went 7-9! The Lakers were the only team in the Divison that had a better than .500 record.

    He might be the 10 the best PF in the league. I guess thats pretty good for a rookie.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  11. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just saying he might want to come to Indiana more, thus he should reject the extension thats all i'm saying. I'm pretty sure by the end of next year EJ will know if he wants to continue being a Clipper. They have just as good a chance to suck next year too, they will be lucky to improve to .500 on the season.

    No way would I call Griffin a 10 ten player in the league. He hasn't even made the Clippers better yet. 29 wins last year, 32 wins this year. They went 7-9 in their own division. By your standards he should be the 2nd best player in his division behind Kobe, but they went 7-9! The Lakers were the only team in the Divison that had a better than .500 record.

    He might be the 10 the best PF in the league. I guess thats pretty good for a rookie.
    name 10 players better than blake

    The Clippers should be a playoff team next year the Clipper are so young it is ridiculous.

  12. #34
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Blake Griffin is already a top 10 NBA player why would you say EJ wouldn't want to play with him? I guess it just didn't make sense to me. DG makes mistakes all year round **** LBJ makes mistakes every game it is part of the game. He is a rookie he is only gonna get better by next season he should be a top 5 NBA. **** he deserved to be starting in the all star game this season the guy is insane.
    imo he's nowhere close to top 10 atm.
    But I agree, it makes no sense for EJ to leave and go to the Pacers of all teams. The only reasons to leave would be the owner / management / coaching, not the Blake Griffin. If he wants to go to Bulls, ok, I'd get it, it's a contender. Clippers have more talent than Pacers.

    Even if he would want to leave the Clippers, no way he declines a multi year extension after last injury. It's just too risky.
    Would anyone on this board decline an extension in Gordon's place?

  13. #35
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,760

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    name 10 players better than blake

    The Clippers should be a playoff team next year the Clipper are so young it is ridiculous.
    LOL I give you Power Forwards better than Griffin right now.

    Dirk
    Gasol
    Zbo
    Stat
    Bosh
    Horford
    Duncan
    Boozer
    Love / Griffin

    I could even add Paul Milsap to that last as well.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  14. #36
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would also ad that if I was EJ I would rather play with a 21/22 years old all star player in BG than come to Indy and play with a 28 years old former all star in Danny, is not even close.
    The Clippers will be good enough to compete for the playoffs next year and he gets to stay in LA for a great portion of the year. Those are 2 additional reasons to stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  15. #37
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,760

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Clippers will be good enough to compete for the playoffs next year and he gets to stay in LA for a great portion of the year. Those are 2 additional reasons to stay.
    Which of the 8 playoff teams in the West will the Clippers be better than?
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  16. #38
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL I give you Power Forwards better than Griffin right now.

    Dirk
    Gasol
    Zbo
    Stat
    Bosh
    Horford
    Duncan
    Boozer
    Love / Griffin

    I could even add Paul Milsap to that last as well.
    You have a point. Blake has room to improve but just based off this past season he was better than Duncan, Boozer, Horford, and Bosh. Those four power forwards weren't even the best player on their respective teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  17. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL I give you Power Forwards better than Griffin right now.

    Dirk
    Gasol
    Zbo
    Stat
    Bosh
    Horford
    Duncan
    Boozer
    Love / Griffin

    I could even add Paul Milsap to that last as well.
    Boozer lol
    Bosh last year lol
    Duncan last year lol

    Horford i dis agree


    my point being is why would EJ leave a 22 yr old BG who is better than DG already to play with an older DG and weaker cast doesn't make sense

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  19. #40
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL I give you Power Forwards better than Griffin right now.

    Dirk
    Gasol
    Zbo
    Stat
    Bosh
    Horford
    Duncan
    Boozer
    Love / Griffin

    I could even add Paul Milsap to that last as well.
    Ok, I wouldn't put Boozer and Duncan there.
    But I would certainly add LaMarcus Aldridge.
    And I'd think very hardly about adding KG. If I'm replaying last season and have to pick KG or Blake for my team, I'd pick KG pretty easily over a rookie Blake. For 2011/12, Blake.

    And Love to me was a clearly better player than Blake last year. Similar numbers, even more dysfunctional team, but he's more versatile offensively and can bang around with any center.

    Griffin may be an MVP candidate very soon. But right now, certainly not an All-NBA player yet.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:


  21. #41
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,760

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have a point. Blake has room to improve but just based off this past season he was better than Duncan, Boozer, Horford, and Bosh. Those four power forwards weren't even the best player on their respective teams.
    Griffin wasn't the best player on his team either, EJ was!
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  23. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Griffin wasn't the best player on his team either, EJ was!
    I am EJ's biggest fan and i disagree

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  25. #43
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which of the 8 playoff teams in the West will the Clippers be better than?
    I said that they would "compete" for the playoffs. I never said they would be actually make it there.

    I'll humor you though and say that Denver could easily fall out of playoff contention if they are unable to re-sign Nene, KMart, and Wilson Chandler. They're also going to need a SG because Aflalo and JR Smith are both FAs and probably won't be back.

    New Orleans could slide too if they lose David West and Landry.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  26. #44
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,760

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I said that they would "compete" for the playoffs. I never said they would be actually make it there.

    I'll humor you though and say that Denver could easily fall out of playoff contention if they are unable to re-sign Nene, KMart, and Wilson Chandler. They're also going to need a SG because Aflalo and JR Smith are both FAs and probably won't be back.

    New Orleans could slide too if they lose David West and Landry.
    Okay Maybe Denver but I'd say the Jazz are a lock to take their place next year. Like i said, Clippers will be lucky to make .500 next season.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  27. #45
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have a point. Blake has room to improve but just based off this past season he was better than Duncan, Boozer, Horford, and Bosh. Those four power forwards weren't even the best player on their respective teams.
    And Griffin would be the best player on the Heat?
    Horford was the best player on the Hawks imo. And it's not about stats with him, his defense is miles ahead of Blake's at this point.

  28. #46
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,760

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boozer lol
    Bosh last year lol
    Duncan last year lol

    Horford i dis agree


    my point being is why would EJ leave a 22 yr old BG who is better than DG already to play with an older DG and weaker cast doesn't make sense
    LOL okay so you disagree with 4 out of my 10 PFs, So you agree that there are aleast 6 better than BG, and probably Alridge is better too, and yet the contention was that BG is a top 10 player in the league. We have already 6 players at his own position better than him right now. Not looking good for your argument there.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  29. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay Maybe Denver but I'd say the Jazz are a lock to take their place next year. Like i said, Clippers will be lucky to make .500 next season.
    lol i cant wait for the season if you truly believe this. They should be a playoff contender if everyone stays healthy. Lat year they played decent after they started 1-13. They will only get better they are still very young and improving. A lot depends on how Aminu plays at the SF.

  30. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL okay so you disagree with 4 out of my 10 PFs, So you agree that there are aleast 6 better than BG, and probably Alridge is better too, and yet the contention was that BG is a top 10 player in the league. We have already 6 players at his own position better than him right now. Not looking good for your argument there.
    what i meant by top 10 player is name 10 other guys EJ would want to play with for the next decade.


    I could only name a few because Blake make EJ's job easier Blake creates room for EJ to shoot and they are very good in the PnR together. Put EJ on the Pacers he will have a tougher time of scoring because we have no one who demands a double team in the post.

  31. #49
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Griffin wasn't the best player on his team either, EJ was!
    You also have to recognize that Blake was the leading scorer and rebounder and he nearly average 4 assists a game (which is great for a PF). He dropped 47 points and 14 rebounds on the Pacers and he was the only Clipper selected for the All-Star team. And you really shouldn't over look his 2 triple-doubles.

    I'm a fan of EJ but because Blake had such a great season and since he missed 26 games, I can't say he was the best player.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  32. #50
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,760

    Default Re: Eric Gordon likely to re-up with Clippers?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am EJ's biggest fan and i disagree
    EJ is better defender, way better shooter, scorer, a closer, better from the foul line by miles. Griffin is only better at the things he should be better at based on his size. Rebounding and Dunking.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 09:54 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2011, 08:50 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 05:30 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 11:50 PM
  5. Tbird draft analysis: Eric Gordon
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 10:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •