Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaq in the middle of robbery, kidnapping, sex tape case

Default Shaq in the middle of robbery, kidnapping, sex tape case

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/14/shaqui...omments-anchor

Shaq In Middle of Kidnapping, Robbery, Sex Tape Case
    6/14/2011 12:00 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

Shaquille O'Neal is embroiled in a criminal case in which 7 gang members allegedly kidnapped, beat up and robbed a man who claimed to have a tape showing Shaq having sex with other women while he was married to Shaunie.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Ladell Rowles -- a member of the Main Street Mafia Crip Gang in L.A. who is friends with Shaq -- along with 6 other members went on a search and destroy mission in L.A. on February 11, 2008. They believed a man named Robert Ross had the sex tape and they tried getting it back with the help of a gun or two.

According to the police report, the 7 gang members met up with Ross at a convenience store -- Pink Dot -- on the Sunset Strip. The men allegedly surrounded Ross' Rolls Royce Phantom with guns drawn, jumped into Ross' car and ordered him to drive to Rowles' house in South Central L.A.

Once there, Rowles allegedly pistol whipped Ross and demanded that he turn over the sex tape. Ross said he would get the tape and bring it back to them. The 7 men then allegedly took Ross' Rolex, diamond chain and earrings, along with $15,000 in cash -- then let Ross go.

The 7 men have been arrested and charged with robbery, kidnapping and other crimes. They are currently in the middle of a preliminary hearing and being held in jail.

We've learned LAPD detectives interviewed Shaq to determine what, if any, involvement he had in the alleged crimes. When the case file went to the D.A. Shaq was not listed as a suspect.

Now here's the interesting backstory.

Ross has a history with Shaq. Shaq and his business manager, Mark Stevens, have a record label and allegedly told Ross they would give him a 50% cut in any artists he brought to them. Ross claims he delivered Ray J to Shaq but got cut out of the deal.

Ross told cops after his falling out, he threatened Shaq by telling him about the sex tape, threatening to release it unless Shaq paid up.

As for the tape, Ross claims Shaq brought women to Ross' home and had sex with them while he was married to Shaunie. Ross told Shaq a "security camera" captured the action and it was all on tape. But Ross told cops the security camera recycles periodically and the video no longer exists.

And there's another twist. Around the time Shaq and Ross had their falling out, Shaunie separated from Shaq and Ross claims he began having an affair with her. Ross claims Shaq hired a private investigator to tail Shaunie and the P.I. caught the two together.

We put a call in to Shaq's rep ... so far, no response.

Default Re: Shaq in the middle of robbery, kidnapping, sex tape case

Say it aint so Shaq!
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

BSPN will surely have a field day with this one.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BSPN will surely have a field day with this one.
    No they won't they treat Shaq with kid gloves like most of the media do ...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wouldn't surprise me if true, honestly.

This just in, Shaq just bought a private island off the coast of Dubai.

Seriously you have to wonder if these mega athletes, who are almost always involved in something illegal, actually have a strong hold out side of the US jurisdiction.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    these mega athletes, who are almost always involved in something illegal
    Am I missing something? There's not even a hint of an allegation against Shaq here.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Am I missing something? There's not even a hint of an allegation against Shaq here.
    Um if they are some how able to prove that Shaq had the gang assualt and threaten this guy Ross for the sex tape, then yeah Shaq has got some problems.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Why the hell would Shaq need someone to go threaten someone on his behalf

7'3 325 pounds, quite sure Shaq could get it done himself
    Sittin on top of the world!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post

Plus he knows Shaq-Fu.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

So the guy drives a Rolls Royce Phantom and lives in South Central, where he has a house with security cameras installed in the bedrooms?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pingu For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    So the guy drives a Rolls Royce Phantom and lives in South Central, where he has a house with security cameras installed in the bedrooms?
    When keepin it real goes wrong
    Sittin on top of the world!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post

To avoid a trail after all its easier to pin it on some gang members than Good Ole Shaq.

Why do the dirty work when you could get someone else to do it for you?

Pays to be rich

Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I guess he qualifies to be a real fulltime cop now...

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mildlysane For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mildlysane View Post
    I guess he qualifies to be a real fulltime cop now...
    Damn, I've never seen you before on the PD and you pop out with this gem. Great post.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Um if they are some how able to prove that Shaq had the gang assualt and threaten this guy Ross for the sex tape, then yeah Shaq has got some problems.
    Is that how the situation reads to you?

Looks more to me like the guy planned on blackmailing Shaq, not protecting him.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Is that how the situation reads to you?

Looks more to me like the guy planned on blackmailing Shaq, not protecting him.
    It reads to me as the Gang leader is after the sex tape on Shaq's behalf. Said they were friends.

It reads to me as the Gang leader is after the sex tape on Shaq's behalf. Said they were friends.
    Keep reading.

Ross has a history with Shaq. Shaq and his business manager, Mark Stevens, have a record label and allegedly told Ross they would give him a 50% cut in any artists he brought to them. Ross claims he delivered Ray J to Shaq but got cut out of the deal.

Ross told cops after his falling out, he threatened Shaq by telling him about the sex tape, threatening to release it unless Shaq paid up.
    And it's a tape Ross claims he made without Shaq's knowledge. Not sure in what way they could be called friends at this point. Former friends maybe.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Keep reading.

And it's a tape Ross claims he made without Shaq's knowledge. Not sure in what way they could be called friends at this point. Former friends maybe.
    Read more towards the top.

"Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Ladell Rowles -- a member of the Main Street Mafia Crip Gang in L.A. who is friends with Shaq -- along with 6 other members went on a search and destroy mission in L.A. on February 11, 2008. They believed a man named Robert Ross had the sex tape and they tried getting it back with the help of a gun or two.
    "

The police may go after Shaq if one of these 7 gang bangers decides to implicate him. Quite frankly i'm surprise Shaq's lawyers would even advise him to speak with the LAPD.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Lets all be honest, there is a underworld with most of these guys that we have no idea about. Would this story really be that surprising?

"I don't mess with West" ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    Lets all be honest, there is a underworld with most of these guys that we have no idea about. Would this story really be that surprising?
    I am surprised there is a convenience store named "Pink Dot," why the hell would I want to shop at a Pink Dot? Also, who knew **** would go down at a place called Pink Dot?

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    Rowles, the gang member, lives in South Central. Why are people having such a hard time following this story?

What's implied is that Shaq had his friends/goons/gang members assault an ex-associate of Shaq's to get a sex tape back. Simple as that.

Who in the hell would want to see a sex tape with Shaq in it?

33. The Following User Says Thank You to bphil For This Useful Post:

Keep reading.

Are we reading the same article

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Ladell Rowles -- a member of the Main Street Mafia Crip Gang in L.A. who is friends with Shaq -- along with 6 other members went on a search and destroy mission in L.A. on February 11, 2008
    Shaq wants tape back
    Shaq hires gang to do dirty work
    Gang gets caught

That is how I read it, of course making a HUGE assumption that Shaq is involved (though I would not be surprised at all)

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Are we reading the same article
    Apparently not. How do you square the stuff at the end of the article (supposedly factual content) with that statement (reporter's opinion)? The way I understand the timeline, it looks like this:

1. Shaq has an affair with random woman.
    2. Shaq goes over to his friend's house when he wants to sleep with the woman (presumably because his wife is at home).
    3. Shaq's "friend" hides a camera in the bedroom & records the tape.
    4. Shaq and "friend" have disagreement about business dealings at a record label.
    5. Shaq's "friend" attempts to blackmail Shaq with the sex tape.
    6. "Friend" loses tape (because it got recorded over, supposedly).
    7. A different man claims to have a sex tape of Shaq
    8. "Friend" goes looking for said tape and beats this man up.

Interpretation aside, that's the timeline presented in this story, right?

Does it really look to you guys like this guy is looking out for Shaq's interest? Is the word "friend" really accurate in any possible way?

Enjoy your time at PD!