Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,022

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    Just saw a commercial for a JO's Nike Shox Elite shoe... It looked really cool and had the 7 on it and all that. Prolly has the "J7O" on the back too.

    The commercial was really funny, it had these german 'scientist' types sitting and arguing about why JO was somehow suspended like a statue in midair going to dunk.

    It actually looked really cool, it was like a really good photo during a dunk contest or something.

    The german guys were pretty funny though

    I hope you all get to see this

    I gots to get me those shoes!
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  2. #2
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    I happened to walk into a Finish Line / FootLocker / whatever tonight. Those are some mighty fine looking shoes.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  3. #3
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,022

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    How much were they?
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  4. #4
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    $120 or $130. Don't remember which. Either was more than I want to spend.

    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  5. #5
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,022

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    On one hand... yea thats alot of money.

    On the other hand... I'm kinda proud that Nike is promoting JO for a shoe that costs that much...

    Thats like Jordan prices.

    Yay for JO!
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  6. #6
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,929

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    Where'd you see it?

    Worse comes to worse, you'd think they'd show it during Pacers games. Might wait until a national game, though. The first of which, I believe, is Thanksgiving.

    I need new shoes, but I don't see ever paying that much for sneakers. With my luck, somebody would probably shoot me for them.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  7. #7
    Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,890
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    O'Neal will be featured on Finish Line's in-store signage along with the television commercial that airs on MTV, MTV 2, ESPN, ESPN 2, Comedy Central, BET and Spike beginning today, October 12.

    The spot 'The Great Jump Debate' features two foreign scientists arguing over O'Neal's jumping ability and helps highlight that Finish Line is the only place to find the exclusive Jermaine O'Neal colors of Shox Elite basketball shoes.

    The spot opens on a basketball court where Jermaine has been demonstrating his jumping ability to two Russian engineers. The engineers stand on the court below Jermaine while he is suspended in mid-air. During the commercial, the engineers speak in Russian, arguing about how he got up so high. One argues that it's obvious -- Shox Elite and its super-technology enabled O'Neal to jump that high. The other thinks that's the craziest idea ever -- it can't possibly be the shoes.

    Ultimately, the engineers can't agree that it is the shoes. The commercial ends with a shot of the Shox Elite showing that home and away colors are available exclusively at Finish Line
    [edit=279=1097735870][/edit]

  8. #8
    Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,890
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!


  9. #9
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,716

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    Don't like the gold one, but the blue one is sweet.

    Not for $120, though.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  10. #10
    Gold Swagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,396
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!



    I must possess a pair of these.
    "Just look at the flowers ...."

  11. #11
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,623

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    /me adds to shoplist for visit..................

    anyone capable catching the commercial and uploading?

    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  12. #12
    Member Harddrive7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,162

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    What are those home and away shoes?

  13. #13
    Member LouisvilleLip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    26
    Posts
    348

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    Any other sites beside Finish Line carrying these shoes because Finish Line doesnt ship outside the states. Can't really figure why they wouldnt wanna ship to Canada.

  14. #14
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,742

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    Oh I like those blue ones. Now if I can just convince my wife that I need to spend 120 bucks on a pair of shoes.

  15. #15
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh I like those blue ones. Now if I can just convince my wife that I need to spend 120 bucks on a pair of shoes.
    Bingo.

    I could make an argument that I need a new pair of basketball shoes - the last pair I bought was Reggie's 1996 Olympic shoes, and after I had them for a while I realized they were a half-size too small and I hated them.

    So I still wear my Barkley Air Force Max's in Phoenix Suns' Black/ White/ Purple when I occasionally get onto a court.
    [edit=72=1097773023][/edit]
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  16. #16
    Zesty
    Guest

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    I find most athletic shoes on the market to be incredibly ugly, but I really like those. Won't spend that much money on them, however. I'll wait for Kegboy to get a pair and then shoot him.

  17. #17
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,022

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    I think I am the only one who actually prefers the yellow ones...

    Not sure why

    They yellow ones ARE The ones JO Wears in the commercial however, and the looked really good with the pacers jerseys
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  18. #18
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    According to Finish Line, here are the specs:

    Nike Mens Shox Elite
    Style: 309267 Color: 142

    And the gold shoe is color 173.

    A decade or so ago, when Nike's "style" number started with anything other than a "1", that meant the color combination was "exclusive" to that retailer. I haven't sold a pair of basketball or running shoes since then, so I don't know if that's still true or not.

    IOW, I don't think you'll find this color combination at Footlocker, Galyans, or anywhere else. Eastbay has the same shoe, for example, in 12 colors, but not the Pacers' colors. (They do have a nice looking UCLA version, however).
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  19. #19
    Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,890
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Harddrive7
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are those home and away shoes?

    yes they are.

  20. #20
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,022

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    Nice!

    It's times like this that make me wish I had a job, and more than a few quarters to my name!!

    Blast!!!
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  21. #21
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    23
    Posts
    15,310

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    Hey I saw those at my Finishline before I knew they were J.O.'s I thought they were though.Anyway I must get these.I need a job
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  22. #22
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,929

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zesty
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I find most athletic shoes on the market to be incredibly ugly, but I really like those. Won't spend that much money on them, however. I'll wait for Kegboy to get a pair and then shoot him.
    See, I told you. VA just ordered his, go shoot him instead.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  23. #23
    Member LouisvilleLip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    26
    Posts
    348

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleLip
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any other sites beside Finish Line carrying these shoes because Finish Line doesnt ship outside the states. Can't really figure why they wouldnt wanna ship to Canada.
    Any ideas?


  24. #24
    Banned JOneal7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,448

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    omg really? How much are they going to be? this kinda sucks because JO's shoes now if you get a pair from him won't be as cool or rare. But still
    I'm deff copping a pair...are they in all stores yet or just in indy? Can't wait to get up there

  25. #25
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,681

    Default Re: FUNNY new commercial for JO'S OWN NIKE SHOE!

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I got my shoe today
    Left or right?

    Hopefully you can save up enough to get the other one.....

    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •