Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Colts/Pats Game Thread where injuries will be faked...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Colts/Pats Game Thread where injuries will be faked...

Peyton Manning=Dan Marino

Tom Brady=Joe Montana

one gets all the stats, but the other just keeps winning ballgames....
    I don't see how people can compare Brady to Montana. Brady is just a cog in the machine and could be easily replaced IMO.
    You could make the same case for Montana, who never had impressive stats either....the point is, you don't QB a team to 2 superbowls in 3 years by being "just another cog in the machine." ESPECIALLY not when you have very little all-star talent around you on offense.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Tom Brady=Joe Montana

Too bad Hicks isn't a Colts fan.

Kstat might have been banned for that comment.
    Just calling it how I see it.
    so you're a Pistons fan...

How does it feel to be in 2nd place? lol jk

Tom Brady=Joe Montana

I don't see how people can compare Brady to Montana. Brady is just a cog in the machine and could be easily replaced IMO.
    You could make the same case for Montana, who never had impressive stats either....the point is, you don't QB a team to 2 superbowls in 3 years by being "just another cog in the machine." ESPECIALLY not when you have very little all-star talent around you on offense.

1st thing: Pro Bowlers are the most popular players, not a measure of the talent around you.

2nd thing: I'm sure Brady was the only one carrying his team. I'm sure his defense had no effect on the turnout of this game. Brady was less than stellar.

Tom Brady=Joe Montana

1st thing: Pro Bowlers are the most popular players, not a measure of the talent around you.

2nd thing: I'm sure Brady was the only one carrying his team. I'm sure his defense had no effect on the turnout of this game. Brady was less than stellar.
    *sighs*

Montana never really "carried" his team either...he had more talent around him than anybody else.

By your logic, you can certainly dictate that Marino was the better QB, and I'm not here to debate that. I just saw it as a good QB comparison.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Mood

Tom Brady=Joe Montana

Here's what Brady has to do. Dump it off to RB's and WR's score about 14-17 points and win because a very impressive defense. Granted its a great feat to get there twice but there are several guys that could replace Manning.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Kstat's right. The great ones win when it matters most. Period. I was just thinking about Montana on that last Colt's drive with 2:00 left. He would have found a way to score.

Mood

Kstat's right. The great ones win when it matters most. Period. I was just thinking about Montana on that last Colt's drive with 2:00 left. He would have found a way to score.
    He also might have a line of 5 guys that could have blocked 4 opposing players...

Tom Brady=Joe Montana

Here's what Brady has to do. Dump it off to RB's and WR's score about 14-17 points and win because a very impressive defense. Granted its a great feat to get there twice but there are several guys that could replace Manning.
    Remember Brady's drive to set up the game-winnign kick against the Rams? Thats all he did there too. The point is, he takes what the D give him, just like Montana did. Montana NEVER threw deep, yet he was a pretty effective QB, though he never put up great stats.

If Joe Montana never won 4 superbowls, you'd look at his stats and you'd NEVER be able to tell he was a great QB.

I can't believe no one caught my typo.

*sighs*

Montana never really "carried" his team either...he had more talent around him than anybody else.

By your logic, you can certainly dictate that Marino was the better QB, and I'm not here to debate that. I just saw it as a good QB comparison.
    Thanks Kstat. I really thought you'd take my posts negatively, but you responded with respect, and in turn, you deserve some.

Mood

I can't believe no one caught my typo.
    we're not feeling well for some reason...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, another season, another letdown.

I know the Colts did pretty well this season overall, but am I the only one who feels like this was their big chance? I can't help but think that it's never going to happen now. We had everything laid out for us and couldn't get it done.

No Shade - we will be back.

I grew up a Cowboy fan. Well, until Jerry Jones, Jimmy Johnson and barry Switzer. The road to the Super Bowl was painful. Losses to Cleveland in the playoffs, 2 consecutive losses to the Packers in the Championship game then the last second field goal by Jim O'Brien in the Super Bowl (ironically, the Colts) before we got OUR win.

We are in the middle of a process. Next year, more parts will be there. Hopefully, defensively. I really, really do believe next year will be our year despite a killer schedule.

Next year will be an Indianapolis Super Bowl!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

I really, really do believe next year will be our year despite a killer schedule.
    They already know next season's schedule? What don't I know?

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would like to thank the Colts for an amazing season. I'm 22 years old, so as far back as I can remember, Indianapolis has always had the Colts. I've been a fan all my life. I'll always be a Colts fan. I'm disappointed in today's outcome, but a proud fan of the team.

Also, I'd like to thank everyone for the great game threads of the past season. Sunday afternoons became even more entertaining. I hope we all can do it again next fall.

Finally, for one last time (at least 'til next season)...

Go Ponies!
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Mood

I really, really do believe next year will be our year despite a killer schedule.
    They already know next season's schedule? What don't I know?
    Since the Texans came into the league, they have a new setup in which you know next year's schedule before the playoffs begin. I believe we play the AFC West (4 games) and the NFC North (4 games) plus our divison (6 games) and 2 extra.