Thread: HAS ANY ONE ON HERE BESIDES ME SEEN THE PACERS IN THE ABA AND NBA FINALS IN PERSON

DANCINGHARRY

Default HAS ANY ONE ON HERE BESIDES ME SEEN THE PACERS IN THE ABA AND NBA FINALS IN PERSON

JUST CURIOUS AS TO THE AGE OF SOME OF THE POSTERS ONE HERE.

Default Re: HAS ANY ONE ON HERE BESIDES ME SEEN THE PACERS IN THE ABA AND NBA FINALS IN PERSON

Caps off please.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: HAS ANY ONE ON HERE BESIDES ME SEEN THE PACERS IN THE ABA AND NBA FINALS IN PERSON

Jay's_Dad@Section204 has, but I was still too young during the last ABA Finals appearance.

We've got an age thread... I'll try to dig it out for you.

EDIT:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/cgi-bin/...=6273;tid=6317
    [edit=72=1097691386]Add thread[/edit]
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DANCINGHARRY
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JUST CURIOUS AS TO THE AGE OF SOME OF THE POSTERS ONE HERE.

Do you mean actually attended the games? ABA
    yes, NBA nope...I was in Hawaii at the time.

But I'm old enough to have been around and easily remember them. Hey those guys CAN"T be that old...get Neto and Mel out there!!!
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

DANCINGHARRY

Was There in 1972 Pacers and Nets, Rick berry underhand free throws and all. and would have never missed the 2000 finals drove up from florida. WHATS WRONG WITH CAP LETTERS ANY WAYS. IT MAKES IT EASIER TO READ.

Mood

Was There in 1972 Pacers and Nets, Rick berry underhand free throws and all. and would have never missed the 2000 finals drove up from florida. WHATS WRONG WITH CAP LETTERS ANY WAYS. IT MAKES IT EASIER TO READ.
    Uh...no it doesn't Harry. And in internet protocol, CAPS INDICATES SHOUTING! Is not considered a nice thing to do.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Here's a study that addresses reading comprehension for emails based upon different format styles

http://hubel.sfasu.edu/courseinfo/SL...tudy.htm<br />

Executive Summary: ALL CAPS BAD!
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

DANCINGHARRY

I LIKE THEM ANY WAYS IT DOES MAKE IT EASIER TO READ. NICE BIGGER BLOCK LETTERS.

Mood

I LIKE THEM ANY WAYS IT DOES MAKE IT EASIER TO READ. NICE BIGGER BLOCK LETTERS.

One finds that one tends to have thier messages ignored if they persist. You get much more interest if you are cooperative with your fellow posters.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am a young buck.I have went to a lot of Pacers and Colts games though! Last year I would say I went to 8-9 reg season games and in the playoffs I went to both of the Boston home games(Which I might add on game 2 I sat in the same row as Peyton Manning and got his autograph )In the Heat series I went to one and I went to game 1 of the ECF series.I saw my first Miller playoff moment.But yeah it would have been awesome to go to the Finals games a few years back.DANCINGHARRY, How much did you pay to go to the Finals and what kind of seats did you get?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, DancingHarry is back... I guess a lot of you probly don't remember him from the IndyStar.com WAYYYY back when, when he posted in all caps and inflamatory messages. Looks like he's back at it.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

DOES ANYONE HERE BESIDES DANCINGHAIRY REALLY TRULY CARE?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

DANCINGHARRY

I think we just paid 200.00 dollars apeice for our seats and they were in the corner right below one of the luxery boxes half way up. for the ABA finals in 1972 we sat close to thwe top row at the fair grounds.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

$200 aint that bad.Its not cheap but not real real real expensive.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Default I am old enough...

I saw both of them on TV.

I was too young to drive myself in the 70's and too far away to see the NBA finals in person.

But I remember the ABA fondly.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)