Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chad Fords Mock Draft 4.0

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Chad Fords Mock Draft 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed, but if you can pick up additional assets by moving back and still get the guy you want, you should. Not possible often. The speculation was that maybe this could have happened with Tyler, I think it was.
    If it were trading back from 10 or so to 20 that is one thing, but trading from 15 to 20 or so is not going to get you much, especially this year. It is different if it is a guy you want vs. "your guy" also.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Agreed, but if you can pick up additional assets by moving back and still get the guy you want, you should. Not possible often. The speculation was that maybe this could have happened with Tyler, I think it was.
    That is to much risk IMO. Like Purdue said if he is your guy that the whole draft team wants you take him at 15 regardless of what is value is on mock drafts. It would suck to trade back 5 spots just for another asset then lose the guy you wanted. However if the draft team has 5 guys you like still on the board but not one you love you can trade back and get one of your guys and the extra asset.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    That is to much risk IMO. Like Purdue said if he is your guy that the whole draft team wants you take him. It would suck to trade back 5 spots just for another asset then lose the guy you wanted. However if the draft team has 5 guys you like still on the board but not one you love you can trade back and get one of your guys and the extra asset.
    I think its safe to assume that Bird will not trade back in this draft. He said he had 4 guys that he wanted and one of those four should drop to the 15th spot. I have no clue if the workouts have change any of that but the only guy that could have imo is Brooks.

Mood

Plus with Reggie Jackson here is some quotes from ESPN

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...y-in-the-draft
    Jackson is a fantastic player, one of the best and most efficient offensive players in the country at any position in 2011
    The Eagles star is getting mixed signals from the NBA. Some GMs think he's a lottery pick. Others see a late first or early second-round talent at best
    I think If he had the chance to workout(where his athleticism and scoring ability and point guard skills would shine) he would go 9-21 no doubt now with his injury it is gonna be hard to judge where he goes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

As far as big men go, I actually like Donatas Motiejunas who hasn't worked out for anyone.

He'd add some depth and brings that unique big man international style of offense like Pau Gasol by shooting away from the hoop as well as play the post pretty well.

If he's there at 15, I'd be happy to grab him.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post

I expect Bird to be active in trying to aqquire another first rounder. He tried to last year for Lance.

It's one failure I'm glad that happened!! It's bad enough at #40.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

My list:

1. Biyombo
    2. Reggie Jackson
    3. Marshon Brooks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    As far as big men go, I actually like Donatas Motiejunas who hasn't worked out for anyone.

He'd add some depth and brings that unique big man international style of offense like Pau Gasol by shooting away from the hoop as well as play the post pretty well.

If he's there at 15, I'd be happy to grab him.
    He is working out Saturday and Sunday for all NBA teams at Euro Camp. I love his passing ability and he has very good post moves with a nice jump shot. But the guy cant rebound and is a little below ave on defense. I wouldn't be opposed because he would fit a huge need he could be the 3rd big playing PF and C. I question his work ethic and desire at times but the kid has game.

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post

15 to 20 or so is not going to get you much, especially this year.

That's too broad of a statement to be held as true. It depends how badly another team wants to move up to get player X b4 another team does.

Just remember what Bird gave to get the infamous James White. That years 2nd round pick, Alex Johnson, and 2 future 2nd round picks. Bird wanted White badly, so he was willing to pay to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    He is working out Saturday and Sunday for all NBA teams at Euro Camp. I love his passing ability and he has very good post moves with a nice jump shot. But the guy cant rebound and is a little below ave on defense. I wouldn't be opposed because he would fit a huge need he could be the 3rd big playing PF and C. I question his work ethic and desire at times but the kid has game.
    I would rather bring over the Stank than draft Mont at 15. Rush for Mont however I would consider a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    I think its safe to assume that Bird will not trade back in this draft. He said he had 4 guys that he wanted and one of those four should drop to the 15th spot. I have no clue if the workouts have change any of that but the only guy that could have imo is Brooks.

Again, that depends on what he can get in return for trading down. I don't think anything in the draft is safe to assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    I would rather bring over the Stank than draft Mont at 15. Rush for Mont however I would consider a good deal.
    I'd consider Rush for most a good deal.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Again, that depends on what he can get in return for trading down. I don't think anything in the draft is safe to assume.
    Well obviously if someone offers you something you can't refuse then you take it but if Bird says he likes 4 guys that means he likes 4 guys and he will pick one of them that has droped to 15. He didn't risk it with Tyler and I dont' think he will risk it in this draft when basically everyones draft board is all over the place.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

My list:

1. Biyombo
    2. Reggie Jackson
    3. Marshon Brooks
    Looks good to me I also wouldn't mind taking a shot at Selby either if the opportunity was there. Then a distant 5th of someone I wouldn't be upset about is Faried, i'd understand it but I wouldn't be jumping for joy. I think this draft is going to be interesting to say the least.

Undefeated

I said trade out, before, but now I would like to get 2nd first rounder. Targeting Jimmer or Marshon Brooks and Faried with the two picks.

Of course if Biyombo drops to 15 take him, get back in and get Brooks or Jimmer.

I think you can get two very good bench rotation guys in this draft, if you can work it.

I'm add Motiejunas to this list of guys I want with two picks. He may be one of the top 3 most skilled guy in the draft, imho, and he's projected in the 20s.

There aren't superstars in this draft, but there is a ton of guys who can help you.

Pick one from each group and you have a big time draft, imo.

Jimmer
    Marshon Brooks

Biyombo
    Faried
    Motiejunas
    Exactly! Take Marshon at 15, plug him into the starting SG spot, trade rush to pick Faried later in the draft, then get Mack in the 2nd.
    Danger Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    Exactly! Take Marshon at 15, plug him into the starting SG spot, trade rush to pick Faried later in the draft, then get Mack in the 2nd.

Sorry, the Pacers already have a starting SG in Paul George. Marshon needs to beat out George for the job, not inherit the starting SG job b/c he looks good on paper.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

If Utah wants Jimmer at 12 , and we want Biyombo and if he falls would Utah be open to a Rush, Jimmer for Biyombo swap. Then trade D. jones for a late first rounder to get Reggie Jackson and select a wing with #42.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    but I think people are way too smitten with him around here. I'm guessing they just saw "7'1" wingspan and know little else about him.
    I think you more or less described my feelings on Biyambo. Who actually knows anything about him, including his actual age?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    I think you more or less described my feelings on Biyambo. Who actually knows anything about him, including his actual age?
    Kanter also that can be said about no scout has enough footage on Kanter to know what kind of pro he will be. It is a risk to take him he hasn't played ball in a few years. There just isnt a lot of tape on him. Some new prep tape on him just surfaced but there is a lot more film on Jonas and Donatas and even Bismack then Kanter.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

If Utah wants Jimmer at 12 , and we want Biyombo and if he falls would Utah be open to a Rush, Jimmer for Biyombo swap. Then trade D. jones for a late first rounder to get Reggie Jackson and select a wing with #42.
    Unfortunately, no. The Suns could very well take Jimmer at #13. If Utah wants him, they'll get him at #12.

Hilarious to read people just assume the Pacers can take a certain player and then easily trade Rush or Dahntay for an additional 1st round pick.

How many of you would trade your 1st round pick for Brandon Rush or Dahntay Jones? Seriously

Even if you consider this a weak draft, I would rather gamble on the rookie coming in hungry trying to make a name for himself, then Rush

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

No one would give a first for Dahntay. I think we could potentially get a late first for Rush and a 2nd (ideally a future 2nd). Rush could be a solid bench player for a decent team next year and still has some room to improve. It'd be hard to find someone in the 23-30 range that could contribute right away. A team like OKC (24 pick) could value Rush having a few NBA seasons under his belt; they certainly don't need more youth. Also, they could pay Rush for one year and be done with him, while a rookie first rounder is a longer salary commitment. I'm not saying it's likely someone's going to take Rush for a late first, but it's not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    Hilarious to read people just assume the Pacers can take a certain player and then easily trade Rush or Dahntay for an additional 1st round pick.

How many of you would trade your 1st round pick for Brandon Rush or Dahntay Jones? Seriously

Even if you consider this a weak draft, I would rather gamble on the rookie coming in hungry trying to make a name for himself, then Rush
    This is a weak draft, so I could see either getting a first back. Now next year's draft, probably not.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post

Nobody's assuming anything. We're merely discussing whether or not it'd be feasible to trade Rush for a late 1st rounder, and who we'd want if that were to happen. In fact, you're the one assuming that you have us all figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    Nobody's assuming anything. We're merely discussing whether or not it'd be feasible to trade Rush for a late 1st rounder, and who we'd want if that were to happen. In fact, you're the one assuming that you have us all figured out.
    You're right I'm wrong. Rush is definitely worth a 1st round pick