Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chad Fords Mock Draft 4.0

Default Re: Chad Fords Mock Draft 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I personally watched him shutdown Harrison Barnes and have seen a few other games the kid is incredibly skilled and is a pg first but big enough to be a SG if he doesn't have success at pg in the league. That is why i want him I think he fits a big need a defensive pg and instant offense off the bench who can create for himself and others. He also has the potential to grow into a floor general in time he is highly intelligent and is pretty new to the pg position so he has room to grow. That is why i would like to draft him I cant speak for anyone else.
    At 15 Marshon answers a number of concerns with our team... he is great at penetrating to the rim, has a good enough jumper to be a threat in the league, and can knock down the mid range. His passing ability is suspect and can turn the ball over a lot at times, but I think a lot of those concerns were from him being the primary scorer on his college team. I personally think Marshon could have a Jamal Crawford type impact off the bench at the peak of his career, just an instant offense guy.

I think Reggie Jackson would be a great option if we traded down in the draft. If we were to walk away with Reggie at 15 I wouldn't mind that. There isn't much value at 15 for Reggie when he is projected at going late 1st round.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wseward View Post
    At 15 Marshon answers a number of concerns with our team... he is great at penetrating to the rim, has a good enough jumper to be a threat in the league, and can knock down the mid range. His passing ability is suspect and can turn the ball over a lot at times, but I think a lot of those concerns were from him being the primary scorer on his college team. I personally think Marshon could have a Jamal Crawford type impact off the bench at the peak of his career, just an instant offense guy.

I think Reggie Jackson would be a great option if we traded down in the draft. If we were to walk away with Reggie at 15 I wouldn't mind that. There isn't much value at 15 for Reggie when he is projected at going late 1st round.
    If Larry feels he will be the best player for the team sure there is value. Value is in the eye of the beholder. He hasn't even got the chance to workout yet lets wait and see after workouts. ESPN has said several teams have him rated in the lottery. I think Larry demonstrated he doesn't draft for value or what mocks say. Drafting Tyler Hans in 09 he was projected to go in the 20s by some pre draft Larry drafted him 13th.

Reggie Jackson was one of the best point guards in college this past season if Larry thinks he is a good fit Larry will take him. I think Larry will take Tristan Thomson or Bismack if there. He has said multiple times we need a athletic shot-blocking PF.

But honestly I have no clue who we take this draft is gonna be really crazy. I could see us taking 10 different guys. There isn't much talent difference between picks 10-25 IMO.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

As of now my dream realistic/semi-realistic scenario is Marshon at 15, then trade Rush and a future 2nd to OKC (#24) or NJ (#27) to get Reggie. Then get a big at #42. Would also be cool with taking Faried at 24 or 27 if he somehow falls that far.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:

A Hill to get over a hill Richard_Skull's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will literally cry for days maybe weeks and longer if Bismack is taken one pick before us.
    PG24: "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

RT @Hoya2aPacer "When I play this game I love. I play to make my teammates better. But I'm a mouther****er on defense."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard_Skull For This Useful Post:

I said trade out, before, but now I would like to get 2nd first rounder. Targeting Jimmer or Marshon Brooks and Faried with the two picks.

Of course if Biyombo drops to 15 take him, get back in and get Brooks or Jimmer.

I think you can get two very good bench rotation guys in this draft, if you can work it.

I'm add Motiejunas to this list of guys I want with two picks. He may be one of the top 3 most skilled guy in the draft, imho, and he's projected in the 20s.

There aren't superstars in this draft, but there is a ton of guys who can help you.

Pick one from each group and you have a big time draft, imo.

Jimmer
    Marshon Brooks

Biyombo
    Faried
    Motiejunas
    Last edited by Speed; 06-09-2011 at 07:50 AM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I said trade out, before, but now I would like to get 2nd first rounder. Targeting Jimmer or Marshon Brooks and Faried with the two picks.

Of course if Biyombo drops to 15 take him, get back in and get Brooks or Jimmer.

I think you can get two very good bench rotation guys in this draft, if you can work it.

I'm add Motiejunas to this list of guys I want with two picks. He may be one of the top 3 most skilled guy in the draft, imho, and he's projected in the 20s.

There aren't superstars in this draft, but there is a ton of guys who can help you.

Jimmer
    Marshon Brooks

Biyombo
    Faried
    Motiejunas
    This pretty much sums up my feelings. There are some other combinations I would not be upset with such as Darius Morris and a big(Faried or Biyombo). I really would like to get a second first. Biyombo is at the top of my list and I believe trading up to get him would not
    be a bad idea depending on the cost. Certainly not another first, at least not next years, possibly 2013's first. BB is exactly what the Pacers need on the front line to place beside
    Hibbert and relief for Hibbert.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    ... I would like to get 2nd first rounder. Targeting Jimmer or Marshon Brooks and Faried with the two picks.

Of course if Biyombo drops to 15 take him...

I'm add Motiejunas to this list of guys I want with two picks. He may be one of the top 3 most skilled guy in the draft...

Jimmer
    Marshon Brooks

Biyombo
    Faried
    Motiejunas
    I like the same 5, but I'm adding 2 for a top 7, & making 3 tiers over the 2. My order/ tiers are close too, but a bit different.

-Biyombo: A long, young defensively skilled big C/PF to pair w/ Roy & Tyler.
    -Brooks: Explosive scorer, allows P.George to play some 3, "Kobe-esk"?
    -Jimmer: Shooting! I like his skill set, think he will have a very solid career.

-Motiejunas: Top talent, big, most Q's are about attitude (drive) not skill.
    -Selby: Lottery talent, if you think he is a PG he stays here, if not he drops.
    -R.Jackson: If talent is as spoken, he could be a steal. Big PG - nuff said.

-Faried: Love the motor & skill set, concerned he is too much like Tyler.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    Man seeing all these "mock drafts" just really emphasises to me how bad a draft it seems

Personally hope we package 15 in a trade
    Personally i think its not so much weak as its just a toss up.. A ton of role players, there just isn't a clear cut line of who is going to be an All-star and who is just going to be a sixth man or regular starter.. This is a good draft to build a team up in specific needs, for instance, if you need a good rebounder, there are mutliple guys that are great rebounders that will be available.. Great shooter, there are a few, etc.This draft is full of team fillers, role players that is very important to surround your team with. There are also probably a few very good players that just seem like "meh" players to us right now, but will turn into great picks, you just have to find the ones that it will be.. I think it just seems relatively weak to us because we need a star, not more role players. We have all the role players we need we just need our fearless leader now. Still would be a good draft to stay in, IMO.

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

I like the idea of Biyombo or Brooks at 15, I'm not really a Jimmer fan either.

If we can get in the late first round, I still lean a little towards Darius Morris over Reggie Jackson just because of his passing ability and assists numbers, but personally I would be happy with either one.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    I like the idea of Biyombo or Brooks at 15, I'm not really a Jimmer fan either.

If we can get in the late first round, I still lean a little towards Darius Morris over Reggie Jackson just because of his passing ability and assists numbers, but personally I would be happy with either one.
    If we draft Brooks then I want to flip Rush into a late pick and draft a pg or JJ.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    In all honesty I dont really blame Bird for james "flight" White

He played well enough in camp and it was a very minor contract. He had no trouble I am aware of off court

What I dont understand though is if you give him a 2 year contract, unless he is a off court problem, why noit let him devolp? Its not liked the Pacers were "stacked"at the 2

IIRC, White had attitude problems in camp, thus the reason for being cut. Wasn't it RC's decision to cut White? The Pacers ate $400,000 a year for 2 years for White's guaranteed contract. How could that not be Bird's fault as he was the one who picked White in the draft and gave White the guaranteed contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    IIRC, White had attitude problems in camp, thus the reason for being cut. Wasn't it RC's decision to cut White? The Pacers ate $400,000 a year for 2 years for White's guaranteed contract. How could that not be Bird's fault as he was the one who picked White in the draft and gave White the guaranteed contract?
    Didn't we trade up to get him too? I remember it cost us a future second.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Didn't we trade up to get him too? I remember it cost us a future second.
    I thought his talent was worth it.. He was extremely athletic and could change games with his dunks and was a good shot blocker too if i remember correctly.. His "attitude" was the only problem i guess. Because talent wise, i thought he was an amazing pick, 2nd round, making minimum salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post

Who did you want instead of Reid?

By the time of that pick, there wasn't but 1 big left... Caracter. I never advocated for Caracter, but the Pacers needed a BIG. I know Reid plus $ was turned into Rolle, but he wasn't even a player that I can remember who was ever mentioned on this board prior to the Pacers getting him from Minnie. Then he like so many got oversold only to be cut. It was a wasted pick that should have been used in a trade to move up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    I thought his talent was worth it.. He was extremely athletic and could change games with his dunks and was a good shot blocker too if i remember correctly.. His "attitude" was the only problem i guess. Because talent wise, i thought he was an amazing pick, 2nd round, making minimum salary.
    Hindsight being 20/20 I would have rather had Milsap.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Hindsight being 20/20 I would have rather had Milsap.
    Ha true. We tried.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sign me up for Marshon and Jordan Williams please.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    If Larry feels he will be the best player for the team sure there is value. Value is in the eye of the beholder. He hasn't even got the chance to workout yet lets wait and see after workouts. ESPN has said several teams have him rated in the lottery. I think Larry demonstrated he doesn't draft for value or what mocks say. Drafting Tyler Hans in 09 he was projected to go in the 20s by some pre draft Larry drafted him 13th.

Reggie Jackson was one of the best point guards in college this past season if Larry thinks he is a good fit Larry will take him. I think Larry will take Tristan Thomson or Bismack if there. He has said multiple times we need a athletic shot-blocking PF.

But honestly I have no clue who we take this draft is gonna be really crazy. I could see us taking 10 different guys. There isn't much talent difference between picks 10-25 IMO.
    You see it quite often in professional drafts... where teams trade down to get the player they want, to extract the most value out of the drafted player.

The value of Reggie Jackson is determined by who drafts him. If Bird knows that there are 5 teams below us that aren't going to draft Reggie, why take him at 15 when we can trade down pick up some more pieces or 2nd round picks to draft him at 20.

Obviously this is all hypothetical, but if we value Reggie high at 15 but the rest of the league values him at 20, why should we waste our pick at 15 when we can trade down pick up more pieces and draft Reggie at 20. We would still end up with Reggie, but we would extract the most amount of value out of the pick.

I know Bird has taken who he wants in the past with Hansbrough and one big question mark is we have yet to know where Reggie is slotted to go in this draft.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Because you don't KNOW what teams will do. You want a guy, you get him.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    Because you don't KNOW what teams will do. You want a guy, you get him.
    You don't know but you have a damn good idea. If you KNOW a couple teams below you our deep at the PG position then you trade down. If there is still a better player at the PG position than Reggie, you trade down.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

So what if someone else likes him enough to trade up after you trade back? If your guy is there at 15 and you want him, I draft him. I don't care if he is "supposed" to go around 20 or not.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

So what if someone else likes him enough to trade up after you trade back? If your guy is there at 15 and you want him, I draft him. I don't care if he is "supposed" to go around 20 or not.
    Agreed, but if you can pick up additional assets by moving back and still get the guy you want, you should. Not possible often. The speculation was that maybe this could have happened with Tyler, I think it was.

Any team that is trading up will most likely be talking to the same teams we would be, assuming we were trying to trade down.

I would imagine Bird and Co. would catch wind of someone trying to trade up to a similar position that we were targeting to trade down to.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

I expect Bird to be active in trying to aqquire another first rounder. He tried to last year for Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    I expect Bird to be active in trying to aqquire another first rounder. He tried to last year for Lance.
    And failed. I'm not betting that he will be able to get an additional pick.