Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: PLEASE HELP FIND A FELLOW HOOSIER

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: PLEASE HELP FIND A FELLOW HOOSIER

They have a news feed on twitter to keep people updated, and I tweeted whoever is running it asking about if they had heard of any attacks on people helping with the search and they've responded that they've not heard anything like that.

@NewsOnLaurenS if anyone wants to follow the search. They usually post comments from her parents and the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just received a call from my mom informing me of another incident here in town. I'm looking through all the news sources right now to find some confirmation, but apparently 4 male students who volunteered with the search have been jumped and stabbed. At least one is in very critical condition, and his parents have driven up from the Floyd County area. I typically wouldn't post a rumor such as this, but apparently our neighbors know the parents of the boy and have driven up to the Bloomington Hospital to be with him.

I have no idea if this is related to Lauren, but things are getting crazy around here. I really hope everyone in the area stays safe.
    Take a step back, Coop, and check the local newspaper's website. In the meantime, take your own advice and not "post a rumor such as this".

http://heraldtimesonline.com/stories...qp-9672087.sto

For those that do not have a subscription...from the linked article:
    The men told police they had gotten into an altercation with two people at a bowling alley earlier in the night. When they walked to the Woodburn Avenue residence, they reported a black vehicle followed them and a shoving match ensued before the stabbing, according to Canada
    Whether or not the suspects in the black car are related to the disappearance of the IU student is up to the professionals to determine.

welp

Like I said, I couldn't find an article earlier but I just felt like passing along what I heard to ensure that everyone was taking necessary precautions to stay safe if it was true. Thanks for posting the link though. I had just got the same information in a text and was about to post it here as well.

Edit: I don't see the harm in posting it, since it came to be true anyways. I also never said it was related to Lauren, just that the boys who were stabbed had volunteered to help with the search. It just so happens that they were jumped afterwards.
    Last edited by Coop; 06-09-2011 at 03:35 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Coop For This Useful Post:

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    It wasn't a purse, as I understand it, according to a lady friend it is what they call a "clutch". More like a wallet that you could wear around your wrist, and I think it's pretty much understood that she did not "lose" the stuff that was found in the alley, rather it was dumped there.

New information, apparently her and a guy she was with were involved in a fight with some other guys at her apartment about an hour and a half before her disappearance. Police are forcing some people to take lie detector tests now.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...t|IndyStar.com
    Yeah, my wife will attest to the clutch...she loves those things...

And, I'll just say, polygraphs (lie detectors) are junk science. There's a reason they aren't admissable in court unless both parties agree... just sayin'.

Agreed, I just took it as a sign that they might have a more focused suspect or something.

Truly as we now head towards day 7, it doesn't look good. Even the latest Facebook update by her family mentioned that any funds raised for her search that go un-used will then be used in her honor. I feel like anyone who is associated with IU is so touched by this because it could have been any girl (a daughter, one of our girlfriends, a sister, a good friend) that night. We've all walked those streets and felt safe. Just sad

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Horrible situation. I feel very bad for anyone involved. Of course, I hope she's found safe and healthy, but I just want her to be found, period.

Obviously all I know is what is reported in the newspapers, but if I were a betting man, I'd put my money on someone she knew being responsible for this. The altercation between her friend and those guys is very suspicious and it would be quite coincidental if that wasn't at all related to what happened, IMO.

If someone she knew did it, then it's obviously just as horrible and tragic as if someone random is responsible. But it would certainly be less creepy from the community's standpoint if it were someone she knew, as opposed to a random nut getting her. The possibility of it being random makes everyone feel on edge.

TraderJoe, that story you posted about the Bloomington resident getting murdered is extremely creepy.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

On a quick note I'd like to drop a quick THANKS to all the Mod's for letting this thread run here. Too often when a thread is OT it is quickly moved, but I appreciate the fact that we have so many Hoosiers & Indy people who are so concerned about this that the thread is recognized as important & allowed to stay where it is. I did not go to IU, but like many I have lived here almost all my life & Indiana ismy home. I share the hoosier values of many here & I an as concerned as anyone. Thoughts & prayers to the family.
    -PacerGuy
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacerGuy For This Useful Post:

The guy who she was with that allegedly got punched lives in an apartment that is directly across from where her keys and purse were found.

http://www.fox59.com/news/laurenspie...,5637677.story

Rossman’s apartment at 5 North Townhomes is across the gravel parking lot from where a set of keys were found Friday morning.

That article also states that he was on Smallwood's no trespass list:

Whether he knew it or not, apartment officials said Rossman was not to be allowed inside.

"We do have a no trespass list that does exist. There is a list of people who have historically caused problems here and our security folks keep track of them," they said.

Looks like he is quite a hothead. I'd think you'd have to be involved in multiple incidents to get banned from a place.

This guy was:

1. The last verified person to be with her, right?
    2. Lives in apartment directly across from where her purse and keys were found.
    3. Was seen in an altercation the very night she goes missing.
    4. Is already banned from Smallwood.
    5. Claims to have blacked out and not remembered anything after being hit.

None of that proves anything, but it's enough to make you suspicious.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 06-10-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Looks like he is quite a hothead. I'd think you'd have to be involved in multiple incidents to get banned from a place.
    Not really. I lived in Smallwood for two years and had a girl put on the no trespass list because she was annoying as **** and came over unannounced all the time. Residents can ask management to put someone on the list, it's really not a difficult thing to do. Whether that is the case here or not is anybody's guess, but Smallwood is actually pretty good about security. They have paid officers there every night and you have to have a key fob to use the elevator or access any of the floors from the stairwell.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Not really. I lived in Smallwood for two years and had a girl put on the no trespass list because she was annoying as **** and came over unannounced all the time. Residents can ask management to put someone on the list, it's really not a difficult thing to do. Whether that is the case here or not is anybody's guess, but Smallwood is actually pretty good about security. They have paid officers there every night and you have to have a key fob to use the elevator or access any of the floors from the stairwell.

I see. Thanks for clarifying that.

I also find it odd that there is no video of the altercation. If it happened in Smallwood's building, that's strange. They have cameras everywhere and they are monitored. The only place inside of the building (stairwells included) that you could have an altercation that was not seen by cameras is right by the elevators on each floor, oddly enough.

Banned

This is more of a Natalie Holloway situation than a Jill Berhman. I believe the un sub is a young kid b/c Townies don't mix with Co eds @ Kilroys. He tried to take advantage of a drunk chick. I do find it odd that this Corey kid would leave with a girl from a bar wearing no shoes & no cell phone and walk her home without either. If he can explain that besides I was too drunk and suffered sudden amnesia from a punch. I will gladly listen.

I do not think it is right the city is being blamed for not having video survileance @ intersections.

I am not entirely well versed in this story, but the video on that news station was from Kilroy's Sports Bar, not Kilroy's on Kirkwood. Sports is literally a stone's throw away from Smallwood. It is an incredibly short walk and you really don't need to go down any alleys or any seedy places to get from Sports to Smallwood.

Banned

I am not entirely well versed in this story, but the video on that news station was from Kilroy's Sports Bar, not Kilroy's on Kirkwood. Sports is literally a stone's throw away from Smallwood. It is an incredibly short walk and you really don't need to go down any alleys or any seedy places to get from Sports to Smallwood.
    I went to Bloomington in the late 90's early 2000. Sports is the summer hangout. It is where the college kid on the weekend. When I went there I never saw "Townies" intermingling with Coeds. I assume not much has changed.

I read about the story on Ch 8 news site here. The girl had a BF & roommate. The BF was concerned the next morning when she wasn't responding to his texts. He got the key and went into the apt and she was gone. Corey's ( guy who walked her home) roommate says he put Corey to bed and the she left. The girl was wearing no shoes, 90 lbs attractive, & it was 4:30 AM. A snake is a snake and you cant expect the culprit to come forward and admit his crime but this should never happen!!!

You're correct. It's also worth pointing out that she walked him home, not the other way around.

Sports has a sand volleyball pit in the back, and there are entry/exit points right around that area, so there are legit reasons why she would have her shoes off and not have her purse on her hand/arm.

She could have very well intended on going back to get her things and got sidetracked with all the drama at the apartment building.

Here's the article about the altercation. This does seem odd on a number of accounts but does say there's at least some video of the argument.

I'll say this- Anytime you have someone go missing and one of the last people to see that person claims to have suffered from a blackout the suspicion levels go up immensely.

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. --- The student who was with Lauren Spierer in the hours before her disappearance has no memory of their last moments together, his lawyer told The Journal News of Westchester, N.Y. on Wednesday night.

Corey Rossman, Spierer's companion early Friday, was punched in the face after the two returned to her apartment building, Smallwood Plaza.

"At Smallwood, someone confronted them," said his lawyer, Carl Salzmann, the former Monroe County prosecutor.

"He got punched in the face. He has no memory of that, or of the 15 minutes leading to that moment. The first memory he has is the next morning when he wakes up in his bed, and that's (corroborated) by several people."

Police have said Spierer was with the student -- whom they have not identified -- at a nearby bar and that the two were seen on videotape returning to her residence about 2:30 a.m. They then left the building about 10 minutes later, police said.

"She was helping him home at that point," Salzmann said, because Rossman had been punched.

The two then went to a building complex up the street, where Rossman lives. Police have said she visited two apartments there. Salzmann said there was another "confrontation" that morning at Rossman's building, but he would not elaborate.

Spierer was last seen rounding a corner on her way back to her apartment -- a half-mile away -- about 4:15 a.m. Salzmann said Rossman was not the last one to see Spierer that morning; three or four others saw her after Rossman.

Asked what he thinks happened to Spierer, he said, "I have my theory.

"I hope they follow all the leads we've given."

Video footage from security cameras at Lauren Spierer's apartment building show her and several men in an argument that morning.

"My daughter and these other boys are on the video," Spierer's father, Robert, said Wednesday.

"There was an altercation between the boy my daughter was with and some boys here at Smallwood."

Robert Spierer said he did not see the video himself.

No one answered the door at Rossman's apartment Wednesday night.

Spierer vanished early Friday after a long night of partying with friends. The 20-year-old fashion student at Indiana University grew up in Westchester County, N.Y.

Robert Spierer said he has spoken with several of his daughter's friends, but not the young man who accompanied her through the early hours of Friday morning.

Contacted Wednesday, police would not discuss Robert Spierer's description of the video. At a news conference Wednesday morning, Lt. Bill Parker said police are expanding their search and employing lie-detector tests.
    More: http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...t|IndyStar.com
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Man this sucks. I pray for the best outcome, but normally when it takes this long. The conclusion is not good. My prayers go out for Lauren, her family, and the person responsible for this. I hope they come to, and realize they've made a horrible mistake before its too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bega View Post
    I went to Bloomington in the late 90's early 2000. Sports is the summer hangout. It is where the college kid on the weekend. When I went there I never saw "Townies" intermingling with Coeds. I assume not much has changed.

I read about the story on Ch 8 news site here. The girl had a BF & roommate. The BF was concerned the next morning when she wasn't responding to his texts. He got the key and went into the apt and she was gone. Corey's ( guy who walked her home) roommate says he put Corey to bed and the she left. The girl was wearing no shoes, 90 lbs attractive, & it was 4:30 AM. A snake is a snake and you cant expect the culprit to come forward and admit his crime but this should never happen!!!
    Yeah, I have only been gone for two years, but townies rarely went to Sports. Sports is a great summer hangout for sure.

I don't know how much this has been reported, but the Monroe County Jail is right next door to Smallwood. Obviously if some curmudgeon from jail was released then it would be a story, but there are almost always seedy people sitting on College (or Walnut, I get the two mixed up) writing stuff in the street in chalk for their family/friends that are in jail. Not sure they are there at 4:30 AM, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

That's true Bball, but I know here at BSU, we call Sundays, Sunday Funday.

It's usually all day drinking, and like I said earlier, Sports has a sandvolley ball pit. Mix alcohol with sun, and Sunday during the summer, and competition, and there is the recipe for some serious arguments. I know it's silly, but I've seen my fair share of arguments over sand volleyball between drunk people.

Not only that, but he could have suffered a concussion from the punch, which makes it completely plausible that he wouldn't remember anything.

The more I read/hear, and the fact that they haven't released the names of the boys in involved in the fight, leads me to think they have something to do with it. It's just WAAAAY too random for someone to come up missing after they're in the middle of a fight. I'm really curious as to what the fight is over.

Obviously all I know is what is reported in the newspapers, but if I were a betting man, I'd put my money on someone she knew being responsible for this. The altercation between her friend and those guys is very suspicious and it would be quite coincidental if that wasn't at all related to what happened, IMO.

If someone she knew did it, then it's obviously just as horrible and tragic as if someone random is responsible. But it would certainly be less creepy from the community's standpoint if it were someone she knew, as opposed to a random nut getting her. The possibility of it being random makes everyone feel on edge.

TraderJoe, that story you posted about the Bloomington resident getting murdered is extremely creepy.
    Yeah, I did some more research. I guess the woman who was murdered lead what some described as a shady life. There was a lot of speculation meth could have been involved and the story from the Star bends the truth a bit as she was actually last scene not in downtown Bloomington but out by lake Monroe or something like that. So they probably aren't related...still a sad story though.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

The guy who she was with that allegedly got punched lives in an apartment that is directly across from where her keys and purse were found.

http://www.fox59.com/news/laurenspie...,5637677.story

Rossman’s apartment at 5 North Townhomes is across the gravel parking lot from where a set of keys were found Friday morning.

That article also states that he was on Smallwood's no trespass list:

Whether he knew it or not, apartment officials said Rossman was not to be allowed inside.

"We do have a no trespass list that does exist. There is a list of people who have historically caused problems here and our security folks keep track of them," they said.

This guy was:

1. The last verified person to be with her, right?
    2. Lives in apartment directly across from where her purse and keys were found.
    3. Was seen in an altercation the very night she goes missing.
    4. Is already banned from Smallwood.
    5. Claims to have blacked out and not remembered anything after being hit.

None of that proves anything, but it's enough to make you suspicious.

The only thing I can really comment on is that the Smallwood banned list is pretty long. If you get caught the hallways once and you're drunk and you don't live there you pretty much get put on it. Also, his apartment was the last building she was seen in. Do they have proof she made it well past there? Also have they checked into this guy's roommate who supposedly tucked him into bed and was sober that night? He would seem to be the most reliable witness.

The thing that makes him most suspicious to me is that her roommate says they had only met the guy once before at the Indy 500 so they didn't really know him. Do I think Rossman was trying to get some that night from an attractive, intoxicated girl? Yeah, I do. Do I think he killed her? That seems like a pretty stretch at this point to me. Remember she left his apartment and is seen without him by security cameras after that. So he would have had to get out of bed and go get her, assuming his roommate is telling the truth.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 06-10-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Right but she made it safely to Smallwood from Sports and then she left Smallwood again.

Banned

Corey could be Uriah Clouse (Jill Behrman) If you remember, Uriah was the main suspect till Meyer was arrested and convicted of her [Jill's] murder.

Jealous BF? I don't know, but you can't rule out anything.

Also, what does this part mean?

Police have said Spierer was with the student -- whom they have not identified -- at a nearby bar and that the two were seen on videotape returning to her residence about 2:30 a.m. They then left the building about 10 minutes later, police said.
    Have not identified? I thought it was this Rossman guy?