Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: PLEASE HELP FIND A FELLOW HOOSIER

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

Default Re: PLEASE HELP FIND A FELLOW HOOSIER

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was an hour and a half after she left the bar til the time the last person saw her. Obviously they should be held accountable for the mere fact she was in there, but in no way, shape, or form are they anywhere close to being accountable for what happened.
    I completely agree with you, but if they find the girl and/or find out she was drunk, the parents will most definitely sue Kilroy's and they would win or get a settlement. It would be hard to prove she was drunk without witnesses stepping forward, but if they can prove it then Kilroy's would wrongfully get the brunt of the blame.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    She's 19. Kilroy's shouldn't have been serving her AT ALL.
    True, but Kilroy's isn't the reason she's gone. It didn't happen there, it didn't happen when she left there.

I'm not saying the bouncer doesn't need fired, he does. I'm not saying Kilroy's doesn't need punished in accordance with the law for serving a minor, they do.

I'm saying they shouldn't be held accountable for her abduction, or whatever else happened. There has to be some point in time where they aren't associated with the event. IF she was taken 24hrs after she left Kilroy's, should they still be held accountable? At some point in time a line is crossed and it goes out the window.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    I completely agree with you, but if they find the girl and/or find out she was drunk, the parents will most definitely sue Kilroy's and they would win or get a settlement. It would be hard to prove she was drunk without witnesses stepping forward, but if they can prove it then Kilroy's would wrongfully get the brunt of the blame.
    I might be wrong, but I think there is a little wiggle room. Because bars don't test people for their BAC, they have to be visably drunk. That's why I threw the "falling down drunk," because that's a pretty hard thing to prove unless she's falling down, slurring her speech, or a bartender just sat back and watched her drink and drink.

Kilroy's is a pretty big place, with different atmospheres, and she could easily have sat in a booth and never approached the bar.

^i think its a little tasteless to get bogged down in a debate about underage drinking and engage in other speculation on a thread like this...

the Indiana Daily Student has good coverage on what happened, so read them before throwing out "what-ifs"

To immediately contradict my earlier statement, I will just say that the college town bars in my experience will card everyone, but there is only so much that a bouncer can do to detect fake IDs, which are everywhere...

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

I think this thread has officially become off -topic, and I feel absolutely horrible about taking the attention away from her and onto something else. I'm going to bow out.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    ^i think its a little tasteless to get bogged down in a debate about underage drinking and engage in other speculation on a thread like this...
    this.

come on guys, is this other stuff really that important? maybe discuss it via instant messenger with each other if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    If a lawyer can prove that he consumption of alcohol lead to her abduction, they will be liable. But there is no way to prove that unless she is seen passing out (which has to be proved that the consumption of alcohol cause her to pass out) by witnesses or video. Then I can see them getting hit pretty heavy with a lawsuit.
    If they get enough witnesses saying she was drinking in Kilroys, then the lawyer can say she chose to go out at 4:30am because she her reasoning was impaired - how was reasoning impaired...alcohol, where did she get alcohol....Kilroys, how'd she get into Kilroy's...negligence on their part by not carding.

I know it sounds retarded because it is(it should be her fault if she drank and the abducters faults), but its what they will use in a lawsuit.

I'll end my talk of lawsuits. I wasn't trying to get off-topic, I only brought it up because I was reminded of the Wade Steffey case and how they sued the school. I'll drop it now.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Haywoode Workman View Post
    come on guys, is this other stuff really that important? maybe discuss it via instant messenger with each other if you want to.
    I should have just left it at my original thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    I don't think Geezer was saying anything about the underage drinking other than the fact that Kilroy's could receive some backlash from this story. The girl either had a fake ID that their doorman didn't spot, they let her in knowing that she was under the legal drinking age, or they just didn't even check her ID.

All that aside, I hope this girl is found and will be alive to celebrate her 21st birthday with her friends and family.
    Grown Man Ball

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    If they get enough witnesses saying she was drinking in Kilroys, then the lawyer can say she chose to go out at 4:30am because she her reasoning was impaired - how was reasoning impaired...alcohol, where did she get alcohol....Kilroys, how'd she get into Kilroy's...negligence on their part by not carding.

I know it sounds retarded because it is(it should be her fault if she drank and the abducters faults), but its what they will use in a lawsuit.
    i don't think this sounds dumb at all. Kilroy's enabled somebody to break a law in their establishment. they knew she was underage, and didn't care as long as she was pretty. breaking a law is breaking a law.

Back to the original topic:

This girl left her shoes and cell phone at the bar, and then left her keys and purse on the route from Smallwood to the apartment complex at Morton and 11th.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81847

This story says she lost the purse and keys "along the route" from Smallwood to 11th and Morton. So did she just drop them and not realize it? Strange.

It's very out of the ordinary for someone to lose that many things in two separate incidents in the span of just a couple of hours. She lost practically every important accessory in her possession. Sure some people lose a purse here or a cell phone there, but I would say it's extremely rare to lose your shoes AND your cell phone AND your purse AND your keys all in the span of just a couple of hours. That's extremely bizarre, IMO.

Of course my guess is just a guess, but I think she would have had to be beyond drunk to lose that many important accessories in the span of a night. Most drunk people still have the presence of mind not to lose that many important things, even if they're pretty lit. So one would logically think that she was very intoxicated to do all of that, sadly making her an easy target for someone. But OTOH she was still alright enough to where she could at least walk. This whole thing is just very strange and sad. We will be coming up on a week in a day and a half.

I know it's pretty much understood that she was most likely drunk at the time, so I'm not really saying anything earth-shattering here. But I just find it strange that someone could lose that many important things. Not impossible obviously, but strange nevertheless.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 06-09-2011 at 12:59 AM.

Losing her shoes and cellphone at a bar isn't that out of the ordinary or necessarily point to extreme intoxification. It doesn't even mean she didn't realize she'd lost them... just that she couldn't find them in the crowd (assuming there was a crowd) and gave up.

The purse and keys being 'lost' and found in the alley is more concerning.

Let's just hope for some unexpected twist leading to a positive outcome.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Losing her shoes and cellphone at a bar isn't that out of the ordinary or necessarily point to extreme intoxification. It doesn't even mean she didn't realize she'd lost them... just that she couldn't find them in the crowd (assuming there was a crowd) and gave up.

The purse and keys being 'lost' and found in the alley is more concerning.

Let's just hope for some unexpected twist leading to a positive outcome.

Yeah, I agree. The cell phone and shoes wouldn't be that big of a deal if it ended there, especially since there is a sandpit at Kilroys and thus a reason to have your shoes off in the first place. But when you add losing the purse and keys in the middle of the street then it becomes very perplexing. She managed to lose practically every important item aside from her clothes in the span of just a couple hours. Most people, even extremely drunk ones, would notice if their purse all of the sudden slipped out of their hands when walking. And keep in mind, her friend allegedly didn't notice either. I just think it's very weird that she basically lost every single important possession. It just adds another strange element to an already bizarre and tragic story.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 06-09-2011 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Back to the original topic:

This girl left her shoes and cell phone at the bar, and then left her keys and purse on the route from Smallwood to the apartment complex at Morton and 11th.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81847

This story says she lost the purse and keys "along the route" from Smallwood to 11th and Morton. So did she just drop them and not realize it? Strange.

It's very out of the ordinary for someone to lose that many things in two separate incidents in the span of just a couple of hours. She lost practically every important accessory in her possession. Sure some people lose a purse here or a cell phone there, but I would say it's extremely rare to lose your shoes AND your cell phone AND your purse AND your keys all in the span of just a couple of hours. That's extremely bizarre, IMO.

Of course my guess is just a guess, but I think she would have had to be beyond drunk to lose that many important accessories in the span of a night. Most drunk people still have the presence of mind not to lose that many important things, even if they're pretty lit. So one would logically think that she was very intoxicated to do all of that, sadly making her an easy target for someone. But OTOH she was still alright enough to where she could at least walk. This whole thing is just very strange and sad. We will be coming up on a week in a day and a half.

I know it's pretty much understood that she was most likely drunk at the time, so I'm not really saying anything earth-shattering here. But I just find it strange that someone could lose that many important things. Not impossible obviously, but strange nevertheless.
    1. I could definitely lose all that in a night, probably sober.
    2. What's strange about that...why did she even bother to have the purse. I mean, just speaking in general, when girls go out..the only thing they are bothering to bring is an id, money, Keys, phone.

Well the phone and keys were lost separately.

What did she have in the purse? That's just strange to me. If she can carry it all separately..why'd she have the purse out in the first place.

But if I had 19 or 20 year old son or daughter I would point out that "gettting plastered" impacts your judgment and that can put you at risk. I know the attitude is what you do in college won't impact the rest of your life - yes it often does[/QUOTE
    UB, I agree with what you said. People sometimes think this can't happen to them but it really can.
    GO PACERS!!!

Twitter: @Circlecity3318

The girl weighs less then a hundred pounds. Drunk or not, if she's walking alone that late at night and a average size man wants to take her, he'll take her. This world has some really sick people in it.
    Last edited by Foul on Smits; 06-09-2011 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Yeah, I agree. The cell phone and shoes wouldn't be that big of a deal if it ended there, especially since there is a sandpit at Kilroys and thus a reason to have your shoes off in the first place. But when you add losing the purse and keys in the middle of the street then it becomes very perplexing. She managed to lose practically every important item aside from her clothes in the span of just a couple hours. Most people, even extremely drunk ones, would notice if their purse all of the sudden slipped out of their hands when walking. And keep in mind, her friend allegedly didn't notice either. I just think it's very weird that she basically lost every single important possession. It just adds another strange element to an already bizarre and tragic story.
    I'm thinking the purse and keys might've been dropped during an abduction/struggle and not just absent-mindedly left behind. Other than hoping that's not the case, is there any reason to believe the purse and keys were just left and forgotten?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

It wasn't a purse, as I understand it, according to a lady friend it is what they call a "clutch". More like a wallet that you could wear around your wrist, and I think it's pretty much understood that she did not "lose" the stuff that was found in the alley, rather it was dumped there.

New information, apparently her and a guy she was with were involved in a fight with some other guys at her apartment about an hour and a half before her disappearance. Police are forcing some people to take lie detector tests now.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...t|IndyStar.com

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

You have to wonder if Lauren's incident and the incident in this article might be related...

Impoverished Bloomington woman, out drinking with friends in Bloomington, disappeared in September 2010, since she was poor there were no search parties, her body was found 13 days later by a farmer, she had been strangled to death in a cornfield. Her murderer is still at large...You have to wonder if he just struck again.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...sier-s-despair

I understand what your saying, but I feel uneasy talking about her death right now. Trying to be positive. Hope she gets found alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    I understand what your saying, but I feel uneasy talking about her death right now. Trying to be positive. Hope she gets found alive.
    It was reported very early on that Lauren has a heart condition that requires her to take medication daily. During the parents first pleas of information/return of their daughter they said she would have to be rushed to a hospital.

I know there's always hope, but the ending looks written out.

Yeah, I'd say it would take nothing short of a miracle for this to have a happy ending now.

I just received a call from my mom informing me of another incident here in town. I'm looking through all the news sources right now to find some confirmation, but apparently 4 male students who volunteered with the search have been jumped and stabbed. At least one is in very critical condition, and his parents have driven up from the Floyd County area. I typically wouldn't post a rumor such as this, but apparently our neighbors know the parents of the boy and have driven up to the Bloomington Hospital to be with him.

I have no idea if this is related to Lauren, but things are getting crazy around here. I really hope everyone in the area stays safe.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Coop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I just received a call from my mom informing me of another incident here in town. I'm looking through all the news sources right now to find some confirmation, but apparently 4 male students who volunteered with the search have been jumped and stabbed. At least one is in very critical condition, and his parents have driven up from the Floyd County area. I typically wouldn't post a rumor such as this, but apparently our neighbors know the parents of the boy and have driven up to the Bloomington Hospital to be with him.

I have no idea if this is related to Lauren, but things are getting crazy around here. I really hope everyone in the area stays safe.
    Jesus

What the hell is going on down there?