Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: PLEASE HELP FIND A FELLOW HOOSIER

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default PLEASE HELP FIND A FELLOW HOOSIER

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...t|IndyStar.com

I'm sure by now many have seen the story, but for those who haven't click the link above.

Please keep an eye out or just say a prayer. We all know how these stories can end.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Default Re: PLEASE HELP FIND A FELLOW HOOSIER

Just spread the news, put it on Facebook, tweet it. I had a friend last year who was walking home by himself and he was beaten and mugged a left about 2 miles from the bars in a ditch, and he was a guy, so there are definitely parts of Bloomington that are not friendly.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Our prayers go out to her family.

As an aside. Geezer Jr. celebrated his 21st bday at Kilroys just 2 nights before this.

I wonder what will be the fallout for Kilroy's that a missing underage student had been drinking there before her disappearance. Underage drinking being underlined in this particular question.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I don't think the underage thing is that huge of a deal in relation to this story. This could just have easily have happened to a 21 year old after a night at the bars.

I graduated from IU in 2010 and obviously find this story to be incredibly disturbing, creepy, and sad. I hope that it turns out for the best. You're right, TraderJoe. There are lots and lots of weirdos who are up to no good that prey around Bloomington.

This story is getting some major national attention. Her parents were on the Today show this morning, and it's been all over the likes of foxnews.com and cnn.com. Plus she is from New York so all of the big papers up there are covering it too.

My prayer is for her and her family. I have two in college and I worry about them.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

I'm not on any social networking, but hope she is found. I knew a guy that was abducted at gunpoint in college but was found days later, I hope this story has a similar good ending.

Very sad situation.

I don't like pointing blame, but I'm enraged at the guy who let her walk home plastered at 4:30 in the morning.

What idiot does that? Granted, he very well may have been intoxicated as well, but walk the girl home. That just doesn't make sense to me why you would let a girl walk home alone period at 4:30 in the morning when she's already hammered.
    Last edited by Psyren; 06-08-2011 at 12:55 AM.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very sad ending.

I don't like pointing blame, but I'm enraged at the guy who let her walk home plastered at 4:30 in the morning.

What idiot does that? Granted, he very well may have been intoxicated as well, but walk the girl home. That just doesn't make sense to me why you would let a girl walk home alone period at 4:30 in the morning when she's already hammered.
    ending? am i missing something?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Haywoode Workman For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haywoode Workman View Post
    was kind of thinking the same thing

Thoughts and prayers to the family and friends. My heart always breaks with these kind of stories. Hopefully will have a good ending but these usually don't unfortunately. Holly Bobo from Tennessee is still missing after a couple months and I don't think they are any closer. That case has received a lot of national attention.

Just drove by Smallwood a few minutes ago. There's a news team there now. Apparently police kicked in 2 doors (mail room and security room) near the lobby of Lauren's apartment. Took computer hard drives and some other things. No one really knows what they're looking for yet but that's the latest. Hopefully they have found some security footage or something that could help out.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Coop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Haywoode Workman View Post
    My apologies.

I was attempting to type fast as I had other things to take care of. Simple typo.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

For anyone in the area, they are holding more searches tomorrow at 11, 2, and 5:30 starting in front of Smallwood Plaza. The more people the better. Hopefully this situation can be resolved soon and Lauren can return to her parents safely. If you want to go but don't have anyone to go with, I plan on being there so just PM me and I would be willing to meet up with anyone willing to help out.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Coop For This Useful Post:

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Very sad situation.

From what I saw yesterday on the news her apartment was only 2 blocks from Kilroys(she walked home around 2:30am). She made it to her apartment and was seen in the lobby talking to a friend. So she made it home from the bar, but then she was seen about 7 or 8 blocks(corner of College and 11th I think) north of that talking to some people around 4:00 in the morning....very strange.

I went to Purdue and this is like Wade Steffey all over again. The only difference is that was entirely his own fault, and I have a feeling this girl probably got abducted. I hope they find her and that she's in good health.

I hope and pray they find her and she is OK.

I hesitate to post this, and we certainly don't know if alcohol played any part of her disappearance and certainly this can happen at 4:00 PM as well.

But if I had 19 or 20 year old son or daughter I would point out that "gettting plastered" impacts your judgment and that can put you at risk. I know the attitude is what you do in college won't impact the rest of your life - yes it often does

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

To me the alcohol is a non-story, with the amount of people drunk on a Bloomington campus on a Friday night, it could have been any number of girls.

The fishy thing about the Smallwood incident with the police using battering rams is that Smallwood says there was no one on site with a key, which I still find hard to believe. But even then how soon could someone get there with a key, probably 5 minutes? I mean, the police wanted something there, and they wanted it NOW.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    From what I saw yesterday on the news her apartment was only 2 blocks from Kilroys(she walked home around 2:30am). She made it to her apartment and was seen in the lobby talking to a friend. So she made it home from the bar, but then she was seen about 7 or 8 blocks(corner of College and 11th I think) north of that talking to some people around 4:00 in the morning....very strange.

I went to Purdue and this is like Wade Steffey all over again. The only difference is that was entirely his own fault, and I have a feeling this girl probably got abducted. I hope they find her and that she's in good health.
    Yeah the walk from sports to smallwood is just about 2 min, seeing the area that she was walking to I wonder if it was some after party down that way that she was trying to make it to, there are tons of house parties that take place down that way. Hopefully her phone records give some clues to where she was heading and who she was talking to.

Oh yeah and the Wade thing was crazy, I remember when that happened campus was in shock, no one knew what was going on at all...

She left her phone at Kilroys, along with her shoes, so I doubt that is going to be of much use.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I don't think the underage thing is that huge of a deal in relation to this story. This could just have easily have happened to a 21 year old after a night at the bars.
    I graduated from IU in 2010 and obviously find this story to be incredibly disturbing, creepy, and sad. I hope that it turns out for the best. You're right, TraderJoe. There are lots and lots of weirdos who are up to no good that prey around Bloomington.

This story is getting some major national attention. Her parents were on the Today show this morning, and it's been all over the likes of foxnews.com and cnn.com. Plus she is from New York so all of the big papers up there are covering it too.
    I don't think Geezer was saying anything about the underage drinking other than the fact that Kilroy's could receive some backlash from this story. The girl either had a fake ID that their doorman didn't spot, they let her in knowing that she was under the legal drinking age, or they just didn't even check her ID.

All that aside, I hope this girl is found and will be alive to celebrate her 21st birthday with her friends and family.
    Grown Man Ball

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    She left her phone at Kilroys, along with her shoes, so I doubt that is going to be of much use.
    I read that they found her phone along with her purse in an alley near hear an apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    I don't think Geezer was saying anything about the underage drinking other than the fact that Kilroy's could receive some backlash from this story. The girl either had a fake ID that their doorman didn't spot, they let her in knowing that she was under the legal drinking age, or they just didn't even check her ID.

All that aside, I hope this girl is found and will be alive to celebrate her 21st birthday with her friends and family.
    I'm just gonna say this as a recent IU grad, based on the girl's picture, she wouldn't have had a hard time getting into any of the bars. Don't mean to be crass, just saying how it is down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I'm just gonna say this as a recent IU grad, based on the girl's picture, she wouldn't have had a hard time getting into any of the bars. Don't mean to be crass, just saying how it is down there.
    One of the reasons bouncers and bar owners need to be held somewhat accountable for things like this happening. I understand that if the girl wanted to get drunk, she probably could have found a way to do so without Kilroy's. As a business though, they shouldn't be helping her or other underage girls out in breaking laws.
    Grown Man Ball

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    One of the reasons bouncers and bar owners need to be held somewhat accountable for things like this happening. I understand that if the girl wanted to get drunk, she probably could have found a way to do so without Kilroy's. As a business though, they shouldn't be helping her or other underage girls out in breaking laws.
    It was an hour and a half after she left the bar til the time the last person saw her. Obviously they should be held accountable for the mere fact she was in there, but in no way, shape, or form are they anywhere close to being accountable for what happened.

Even if she was **** drunk, there are a lot more people with direct influence on the situation, like her friends letting her walk home alone.

I'm not trying to place any blame on them, BTW. Who knows, we could have two missing girls now, or multiple missing genders.

But at the same time, I don't think there anything would change if she was 21 instead of 20.

Unless she was falling down drunk and they kept serving her, Kilroys should be fine on that end IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    It was an hour and a half after she left the bar til the time the last person saw her. Obviously they should be held accountable for the mere fact she was in there, but in no way, shape, or form are they anywhere close to being accountable for what happened.

Even if she was **** drunk, there are a lot more people with direct influence on the situation, like her friends letting her walk home alone.

I'm not trying to place any blame on them, BTW. Who knows, we could have two missing girls now, or multiple missing genders.

But at the same time, I don't think there anything would change if she was 21 instead of 20.

Unless she was falling down drunk and they kept serving her, Kilroys should be fine on that end IMHO.
    She's 19. Kilroy's shouldn't have been serving her AT ALL.
    Grown Man Ball