Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar

Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

Quote Originally Posted by LetsTalkPacers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I took the time to convert El Pacero's song that he did for the Area55 audition into an mp3 format. It would make a nice ringtone. Hope that was cool I did that El Pacero.

Download it for yourself here:
    http://www.4shared.com/get/_s_xZhrZ/El_Pacero_-_Sing_at_the_Party.html
    There goes my retirement funded by iTunes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to El Pacero For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wasn't even referring to him, I'm looking at these man on the street vids and by the vast majority, I'm just not seeing much potential for anything other than a fan that will sit and be quiet.

And where's the video for the guy who wore the Cabbages jersey to tryouts? Tony the Tiger is on there twice, but he isn't!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by El Pacero View Post
    There goes my retirement funded by iTunes.
    You joke but its my ringtone.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Leave Pacers4ever out of this

im not gonna cheer "lets go pacers" when we are down 30 thats just not my style. I clap and that is my way of cheering im not a vocal person. Just love the area 55ers who think they are better than the rest pretty comical. You should be proud of your self

ask Joe if i cheered

it really is irrelevant anyway LetsTalkPacers is just the best fan ever(didnt you mess like half the games last year?) it doesnt matter such a great fan I love the homersim i cant help it that i am not a homer just isn't my style.

Just like all of you get mad for people talking during FT's that is so petty Kyle chants MVP and you all ***** it is just stupid. To much bs has to be your way or the high way really just stupid.(o ya another reason i didnt cheer much is because chants has some of the dumbest chants ive ever heard plus a lot of them were classless and just stupid) I am there to watch a basketball game not focus on cheering 24/7 sorry i am not a cheerleader i am a basketball fan

and BTW i paid so it really is irrelevant

Last edited by pacer4ever; 06-13-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    im not gonna cheer "lets go pacers" when we are down 30 thats just not my style. I clap and that is my way of cheering im not a vocal person. Just love the area 55ers who think they are better than the rest pretty comical. You should be proud of your self

ask Joe if i cheered

it really is irrelevant anyway LetsTalkPacers is just the best fan ever(didnt you mess like half the games last year?) it doesnt matter such a great fan I love the homersim i cant help it that i am not a homer just isn't my style.

Just like all of you get mad for people talking during FT's that is so petty Kyle chants MVP and you all ***** it is just stupid. To much bs has to be your way or the high way really just stupid.(o ya another reason i didnt cheer much is because chants has some of the dumbest chants ive ever heard plus a lot of them were classless and just stupid) I am there to watch a basketball game not focus on cheering 24/7 sorry i am not a cheerleader i am a basketball fan

I'm very confused here.

You don't like homers, you think that constant cheering is not your thing and your there to see the game and not bee seen.

I respect all of that.

Now why the hell are you sitting in a section that is supposed to be filled with homers who constantly cheer and do things that intentionally draw attention?

For that matter why are you in a thread that is clearly marked for those people?

Look I love the area 55 guys but like you it would never be my style. But then again I wouldn't go sit with them if it bothered me or talk in a thread for them if they bothered me either.

Just confused as to why you are I guess.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I'm very confused here.

You don't like homers, you think that constant cheering is not your thing and your there to see the game and not bee seen.

I respect all of that.

Now why the hell are you sitting in a section that is supposed to be filled with homers who constantly cheer and do things that intentionally draw attention?

For that matter why are you in a thread that is clearly marked for those people?

Look I love the area 55 guys but like you it would never be my style. But then again I wouldn't go sit with them if it bothered me or talk in a thread for them if they bothered me either.

Just confused as to why you are I guess.
    for one the price i have to pay for my **** myself and i don't have much money to burn. Another reason is I like the atmosphere. But being degraded for not cheering loud is just dumb. I stood the whole game every game and dont mind that I actually enjoy that. It is just stupid how they tell everyone they are bad fans because they aren't vocal. Or because they wear red or purple under shirts it is just stupid. Telling them they cant cheer during FTs it is just petty ****.

Mood

I am there to watch a basketball game not focus on cheering 24/7 sorry i am not a cheerleader i am a basketball fan
    Then why the **** did you buy Area 55 tickets?

It doesn't matter if you paid or not, you were still in Area 55. Paying doesn't mean you can choose not to follow Roy's rules and not catch flack for it from everyone. It's a fan section. They want us to act like crazy lunatics non-stop. That's the whole reason they made up Area 55 in the first place.

We got it. You didn't like cheering and hollering non-stop. You're not a homer, you're just a basketball fan. We understood that. What we were confused about is why you chose to buy tickets in there in the first place if the whole thing is the antithesis of your style.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

El Pacero's I am singing party remix

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:

Mood

Cool little story.

As most of you guys know, I, along with brkyrd are Ushers at Victory Field. So I was working tonight, and happened to see Josh McRoberts at the game. He and some friends come over, and sit in my section. That in itself was pretty cool, although I was way out in left field and was kinda wondering how a guy like J-Mac couldn't get a higher quality of seats. Anyway. I'm coming up the stairs after the 6th or 7th inning and I hear someone yell, "Davey!" I look over, and surprisingly, but sure enough, it's J-Mac talking to me. We exchanged greetings, and he shakes my hand and goes "I'm Josh McRoberts" to which I reply "Oh, I know who you are, bud!" As he was leaving, I told him it was good seeing him and that I hope he was back with us next year. To which he said he appreciated it and hoped for the same.

Moral of the story? Josh McRoberts is awesome.
    Last edited by Day-V; 06-13-2011 at 11:39 PM.

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

for one the price i have to pay for my **** myself and i don't have much money to burn. Another reason is I like the atmosphere. But being degraded for not cheering loud is just dumb. I stood the whole game every game and dont mind that I actually enjoy that. It is just stupid how they tell everyone they are bad fans because they aren't vocal. Or because they wear red or purple under shirts it is just stupid. Telling them they cant cheer during FTs it is just petty ****.
    Sounds like you could end your misery and move to another section.

Are the tickets cheaper there or something?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The tickets are $580 for the season.

Banned
    Mood

LetsTalkPacers is just the best fan ever
    I consider myself a huge fan, but I can't say I'm the best fan ever. That's some big shoes to fill. I appriciatte the compliment though.

Look kid, I was just giving you some friendly ribbing. I didn't mean anything by it. I'm sorry if you took offense. Now lets get back to how great Area55 season2 is going to be!

Mood

It isn't misery i enjoyed my time in area55 sat next to some great people and all the people were great people i just don't like some of the stuff that goes on(but that is the case where ever you sit). Like i said i enjoy the atmosphere in area 55 im just not a vocal person im really laid back. The main reason i go to see the Chicago Bears play in Chicago is atmosphere nothing like crazy diehard fans. That is the main reason i sat in area 55 but yes the cheap tickets didn't hurt.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

My girlfriend and I are so ready to see you guys in A55! Whether it be on the tube or at CFH, were ready to see you guys get nutty.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Constellations For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    Good God, really????

I mean that is what around 14 bucks a ticket, for club level? God how times have changed. I sat in the back row of the club level for 3 or 4 seasons (I don't remember which) and paid 75 bucks a ticket.

Is it just the area 55 section or have they really dropped the club level that much?

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    My girlfriend and I are so ready to see you guys in A55! Whether it be on the tube or at CFH, were ready to see you guys get nutty.
    Are you going to try out for area55? If not you should

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Are you going to try out for area55? If not you should
    My commentary during games are very vulgar and would probably not go over well.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    While not that bad, it's like I'm reading someone with a job talking about how they go hit up soup kitchens for a free meal, then complains about the taste.

Mood

Good God, really????

I mean that is what around 14 bucks a ticket, for club level? God how times have changed. I sat in the back row of the club level for 3 or 4 seasons (I don't remember which) and paid 75 bucks a ticket.

Is it just the area 55 section or have they really dropped the club level that much?
    Yes any other club level ticket is around $90 and it was actually even cheaper than that it was $555 in honor of Roy.

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    Cool little story.

As most of you guys know, I, along with brkyrd are Ushers at Victory Field. So I was working tonight, and happened to see Josh McRoberts at the game. He and some friends come over, and sit in my section. That in itself was pretty cool, although I was way out in left field and was kinda wondering how a guy like J-Mac couldn't get a higher quality of seats. Anyway. I'm coming up the stairs after the 6th or 7th inning and I hear someone yell, "Davey!" I look over, and surprisingly, but sure enough, it's J-Mac talking to me. We exchanged greetings, and he shakes my hand and goes "I'm Josh McRoberts" to which I reply "Oh, I know who you are, bud!" As he was leaving, I told him it was good seeing him and that I hope he was back with us next year. To which he said he appreciated it and hoped for the same.

Ha thats awesome.. I would say its only a 50/50 chance hes back, but thats really cool anyways. Its always nice when the players take time to recognize the fans, instead of being arrogant about having talent to play in a professional league. Nicely done JMac.

As his pro bono attorney, I'm going to come to pacer4ever's defense here a little.

First off, as low key as he claims he is in his semi-literate posts (see below), he was actually pretty vocal in Season One. This was especially so when there was actually something happening on court that was worth cheering about. Having sat next to him all season, I can vouch for the fact that he was as loud (if not louder) than the majority of people in 55 who were not Roy selectees. Hell, he was louder than a lot of the selectees.

He is right about his standing all game. He did. He wore Pacers gear every game as far as I can remember. He booed bad calls. He clapped. He cheered, albeit selectively sometimes. He also knows an awful lot about basketball -- and probably more dope about the NBA than anyone else in Area 55. That translated sometimes into some better chanting and more focused cheering from Area 55.

I might add that he made the epic Milwaukee road trip -- the mark of a true fan in my book. He also paid personal coin (Well, I fudge a bit here. It was probably money his grandma gave him) to be in the section. That gives him, I suppose, a certain measure of independence. Also, to be fair, a lot of people paid to be in Area 55, were a lot less enthusiastic than pacer4ever, and nobody criticized them when they sat all game and said and did absolutely nothing.

I think sometimes we rib pacer4ever so much because in some strange way we sorta of like him. Yeah, he's weird and quirky. But so's everyone in A55. I know this much: on the rare occasions when he didn't show for a game, people were always asking where he was. He sort of grows on you -- like a wart or a mole or a tumor that might or might not be benign. Anyway, I hope he sits next to me again this season.

Yeah, I'm his lawyer. But I actually do sorta like the guy. But, then again, I like most everybody in A55.

I also like the pain and itch of hemorrhoidal tissue.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

Our players are all really good people. Kind to the fans and no big heads. They're likeable because they're almost to a man pretty normal and down to earth. As fans, we're pretty lucky.

Can you imagine LeBron James ever going out of his way to say hi to a fan like Josh did to you. You're right. He IS awesome!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Theres finally some good videos up on area55. im pretty stoked that the talent in area55 is going to be great.

Mood

Theres finally some good videos up on area55. im pretty stoked that the talent in area55 is going to be great.
    The Area 55ber Cereal one is cheesy, but funny and very creative and totally Area 55 material. She gets my vote.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

The Area 55ber Cereal one is cheesy, but funny and very creative and totally Area 55 material. She gets my vote.
    To be honest the only people i give thumbs down to are people who didnt even bother to wear some type of pacers gear. so basically all the street interviews. I some one at least seemed to know about the pacers and took the time to throw on a jersey or hat or something, i just left it be. And if I liked the video genuinely liked it, i gave it a thumbs up. Area55 alumni aside Id say theres about 15 people I really liked.
    Heres the none area55 alumni Ive voted for (Im not asking you to vote for these people, just sharing who i liked)

Page 1:
    Jadelynn Smith

Page 2:
    Bill Manlove
    Scott Cline
    Tony Cobb

Page 3:
    Eric Schliesman
    Schauna (Sam) Schwab

Page 4:
    Triple Threat
    Jon Lafollette