Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1222

Thread: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, a "you should be suspended" chant for Wade would be amazing....
    How about "DIR-TY PLAY-ER" or "RON AR-TE-EST"?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyHoya View Post
    The one consolation -- no matter what Area 55 does Thursday -- is that it will be better than anything seen or heard in Miami.

To quote from a NY Knicks Blog:

"Miami fans are the worst. We saw the shirts on the empty chairs. Also, learn ONE other chant other than "LETS GO HEAT". I swear the only other chant I heard was "MVP" for LeBron, which they strangely chanted after a ball got thrown in his face."
    They're not shirts. They're special white seat covers.

Quote Originally Posted by iogyhufi View Post
    How about "DIR-TY PLAY-ER" or "RON AR-TE-EST"?
    You guys have to use the fact the he should have been suspended for this game in some way....
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

When and where's the PTO tonight?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Big lot again. I am going to need a good PTO tonight. I just told every one of my bosses to kiss my a$$ because when it is NFL playoff time everyone in here is in a Jersey. So today I Wear a Pacers T shirt and get told to change it or go home. I already have my Gameface on!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    Big lot again. I am going to need a good PTO tonight. I just told every one of my bosses to kiss my a$$ because when it is NFL playoff time everyone in here is in a Jersey. So today I Wear a Pacers T shirt and get told to change it or go home. I already have my Gameface on!
    Man, that's ********, in our office, I told our employees they better be wearing Pacers gear today....or else.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Beze, I've always known you to have your game face on. When you coming down to PTO? I'm ready to do it now!

I'm so full of jumpy energy today's going to be a total loss from a work standpoint anyway.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

Good man!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:

I will be down right around 5

Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    Where is that, exactly?

<------ Wants to go for the first time.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Man, that's ********, in our office, I told our employees they better be wearing Pacers gear today....or else.
    Need an IT guy?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    Where is that, exactly?

It's in the mammoth parking lot on the southeast corner of Pennsylvania and South Streets. This lot usually has a $5.00 entry fee. Look for PTO members mulling around in their gear. Everyone's welcome. It's a good place to blow off pre-game anticipation. Bring your own booze or mooch. Nobody cares. There's always a free beer available for anybody that wants one.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

Where is that, exactly?

Its the lot on the East side of Pennsylvania.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by iogyhufi View Post
    How about "DIR-TY PLAY-ER"
    Very good I would think. As a member of the regular crowd the easier the chant the more likely we join in. And this is something that will catch the announcers attnention. Nothing better than having ESPN show a low light of Wade doing the dirty deed.
    Last edited by RWB; 05-17-2012 at 09:46 AM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

21. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

AREA 55 NEWS YOU CAN TAKE TO THE BANK!!!!!

Salutations, 55ers!

Tonight we have the Heat at home in the friendly confines of BLF. Needless to say, this is a very, very big game. If we win all our home stuff, we win this thing outright.

Our opponents purport to be ready for the challenge. However, there is a definite sense of unease blowing up from South Beach. Specifically, and per this morning’s Miami Herald, the Heat are at a loss to explain the lack of production they’ve been getting from their lesser-known role players:

http://tinyurl.com/73rulge

The self-proclaimed “King,” however, claims he isn’t too concerned:

"It's going to be fun," said James, the three-time NBA MVP who's averaged 28.2 points on the road in playoff games in his career, the best mark of any active player. "It's what the playoffs are all about. At the end of the day, you've got to try to win on somebody else's floor. And we look forward to going up there."

Fun? You look forward to coming to Indy, LeBron? Hmmmmm…..

DeWayne Wade, the other member of Miami’s official star tandem, said he was stewed about the Pacers’ massive 5-second post-game “celebration” following their Game 2 win in Miami.

"I heard they wanted to be like the Dallas Mavericks, in a sense," Wade said. "I saw their little celebration at the end of [Game 2]. I don't know if they didn't expect to win, but every night we go out on the court, we expect to win…They say their identity. They say they want to be like Dallas. So they celebrated like Dallas, I guess."

The Pacers don’t expect to win when they come to play Miami? Is that your conclusion, DeWayne? Hmmmm.

Mull on these things, 55ers.

Also, mull on this: http://tinyurl.com/73rulge

The NBA responded in its usual mysterious and always appropriate way by electing not to fine, nor suspend, DeWayne. Hey, he’s a star and that might cut into sales of D-Wade gear, right?

So, 55ers, remember some of this stuff tonight, will ya? The Heat are coming here to “have fun”; to squelch any Pacer “celebrations”; and to do their star-treatment stuff on anyone thinking about running down court for a lay-up. Respond appropriately!

PTO Tonight: For those of you, like me, that need to burn off some stored-up energy, the Pacers Tailgating Organization will be on hand, pre-game, at the big (usually $5.00) parking lot located on the southeast corner of Pennsylvania and South Streets. My guess is there'll be people there starting to filter in around 4:30 PM or so. Come and join in the festivities. Obviously, in remembrance of DeWayne Wade’s sensitivities, there will be no undue “celebrating”. Rather, all PTO members will be respectful of DeWayne, speaking in hushed, quiet tones, as if in a library or place of worship.

Alternatively, members may wish blow off DeWayne, swig their beverages and dance to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

Chanting Tonight? Suggestions: Solicitations, comments, and recommendations for chants tonight have been rolling in. I’ve filtered these and listed acceptable ones below. Maybe we might want to work some of these ideas (or variants thereof) into our act tonight. Thanks to all who contributed:

A. CHEERS FOR THE PACERS:

1. WE ARE - PACERS! WE ARE - INDIANA! As done here:

http://tinyurl.com/7segm7o

2. DAY-VID WEST! DAY-VID WEST! (As we never seem to do anything special or organized for our X-Factor)

3. Watch the speed of our chants. We usually go way too fast. Even on the "LET’S GO PACERS" chant we usually start at a decent speed LETS...GO...PACERS but end up ltsgopcers..ltsgopcers..ltsgopcers. Ideally you want to be able to take a quick breath in between each word, and that will get the rest of the arena to join in. They won't go blue in the face to complete those quick chants like we will.

4. For the Pacers: (Before or during the player introductions?) BUILT…NOT… BOUGHT [pronounced slowly, loud, and emphatically, like our present "LET'S GO PACERS")

B. STUFF FOR USE ON THE HEAT:

1. (For scraggly bearded Heat back-up Center Rony Turiaf): "Get a Shave" or "You're Not Jesus!"

2. We might want to try counting the FT seconds for Turiaf (and D. Wade/LeBron too for that matter, as both usually take a long time to shoot). Turiaf is an abysmal FT shooter.

3. When anyone on the Heat besides LBJ or DW shoot their FTs chant: "SIDEKICK"

4 When LeBron or DWade gripe about a call (as they always do): "BIG BOYS DON'T WHINE"

5. As for Lebron's hairline (a sensitive point with him): “YOU NEED ROGAINE clap clap clap” or "He's Got No Hair on His Head" to the tune of "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands"

6. For LeBron (when shooting free throws) - NO RING KING (to the cadence of M-V-P)

7. For LeBron (when shooting free throws) - TRAY-TOR! TRAY-TOR!

8. For DeWayne: SECOND FIDDLE! SECOND FIDDLE!

9. For DeWayne: DIRTY PLAYER! DIRTY PLAYER!

10. For any Heat Player shooting FTs: HEY!(PAUSE) HEY! (PAUSE) HEY!

Anyway, the main thing tonight is to keep up a constant, unending, stream of noise, chanting, jeering, cheering.

Remember too that we want the crowd into everything as much as possible. Try to be catalysts. Try to keep stuff simple.

Lastly, let’s not do or chant anything tonight that would make the Pacers or Roy look bad or classless. Nothing about LeBron’s venereal diseases, his Mother, or DeWayne’s mother. Also no profanity.

Otherwise, go after the Heat! Make life miserable for them. Remember: Nights like tonight are what Roy had in mind when he created Area 55 and chose to stick us in 101.

GO PACERS! GO AREA 55!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm excited for the Built Not Bought chant.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

The wade chants need to be the most emphasized things... force TNT to play that replay again...
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Instead of the "who cares" during player intros, how about "not one."

We won't have time to do this before the game tonight, but I told the wifey that it would be great if someone could make a poster cut out like a milk carton with a picture of LeBron on it and the caption "Have you seen me?" or "Missing" on it. Better yet, a pic of Wade with the caption "missing child."

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

It may be too late, but someone in A55 has to get a giant mustard squeezer or fathead of same for tonight. You just GOTTA.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...=1#post1443828
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

I had an awesome time at the PTO before the game! I'll be there Sunday, too!

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FlavaDave For This Useful Post:

Gettin paid in the shade HoopMoney's Avatar

I had an awesome time at the PTO before the game! I'll be there Sunday, too!
    I'm glad you had a good time with us at PTO. It was nice meeting another PDer. You and BillS have been the only PDers that have been brave enough to come out.

This Sunday we are starting PTO about noonish. People don't forget to buy your beer early.

THE PACERS WIN! Oww!!!

AREA 55 NEWS YOU CAN TAKE TO THE BANK!!!!!

Greetings, 55ers!

I’m going to start this by getting all Shakespearean on you. The following is (mostly) the pep talk that the Bard of Avon had King Henry V orating to his English troops, urging them to attack a breach in the wall of the city of Harfleur which the English were besieging. By way of context, the French army had beaten Henry's English men back. Henry was encouraging his troops to attack that breach again, one last time, so as to take the town -- even if they had to “close the wall with English dead.”

OK, I’m being literary. I admit it. But tomorrow will be war for our beloved Pacers and also for us, 55ers. I guarantee it. Therefore reprising Henry’s speech to his embattled troops on the eve of another war strikes me as highly apropos:

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
    Or close the wall up with our English dead!.
    In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
    As modest stillness and humility:
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger;
    Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
    Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
    Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
    Let pry through the portage of the head
    Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it
    As fearfully as doth a galled rock
    O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,
    Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.
    Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
    Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
    To his full height. On, on, you noblest English.
    Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!
    Fathers that, like so many Alexanders,
    Have in these parts from morn till even fought
    And sheathed their swords for lack of argument:
    Dishonour not your mothers; now attest
    That those whom you call'd fathers did beget you.
    Be copy now to men of grosser blood,
    And teach them how to war. And you, good yeoman,
    Whose limbs were made in England, show us here
    The mettle of your pasture; let us swear
    That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;
    For there is none of you so mean and base,
    That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
    I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
    Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
    Follow your spirit, and upon this charge:
    Cry 'God for Hibbert, Vogel, and Paul George!'

OK. That’s for us.

And in case you were wondering, here’s what the Miami Herald says is going on with the Heat:

All is well they say. They’re rested, all nasty spats forgotten, and they're all ripe and ready to even things up. Winning tomorrow in BLF? No problemo, says LeBron. He’s been here and done that before, he says. And get this: the situation is not yet Code Red in Miami! Maybe it will be if, miracle of miracles, the Pacers should chance to win again tomorrow.

The cluelessness of Miami continues to dumbfound me.

http://tinyurl.com/bpy7knv

So that’s it. You’ll get no further injunctions or exhortations from me tonight, my brothers and sisters. We all know what we have to do, and what we have to be like, tomorrow afternoon.

Frank Vogel says the Pacers surf on our noise. So let’s be better and louder than we’ve ever been before.

PTO! Tomorrow’s meeting of the Pacers Tailgating Organization commences early. Our MVP, Kielbeze, will be on hand at 12:00 Noon sharp in the $5.00 parking lot and he’s bringing a massive grill. He tells me the fare of choice will be “Chicken a la Hartford City”, for which he says he is rightly famous. His special sauce is a state secret and he promises good eats to all. I have never known Kielbeze to err when it comes to gastronomic matters. So, I recommend you all be there! Get a little liquored up. Get nasty! There is no better place than the PTO to prime yourselves for LeBron, the petulant D-Wade, and the rest of the sorry assemblage of flaming basketballs that passes for the vaunted Miami Heat.

The locale for the festivities will be the Lilly Parking Lot (usually $5.00 to get in, but tomorrow, well, who knows) which is located on the Southeast corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and South Street around three blocks from BLF. We’ll probably be setting up on the far South end of the Lot so be forewarned. Kielbeze and his grill should be hard landmarks to miss.

Anybody that wants to bring plates, napkins, booze or some other comestibles, check with Kielbeze. His email is at austinsdaddykb@gmail.com.

Let’s do this!

GO PACERS! GO AREA 55!
    Last edited by IndyHoya; 05-20-2012 at 09:55 AM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

BEAT THE HEAT!

If only we could get everyone behind the basket to do the choke sign and gasp for air during Heat free throws!!!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:

GO PACERS! GIVE THE HEAT HELL TONITE!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post: