Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1222

Thread: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

Thanks. If you can tell us a location, and give us 45 minutes notice before touchdown, I will try to go.

Area 55ers:

We need some good material for Thursday's game with Miami. To get the ball rolling, I'm throwing out the following possibilities (purloined from various sources on the web and elsewhere):

1. For the Pacers: (Before or During the Introductions?) BUILT NOT BOUGHT [slowly, loud, and emphatically like our present "LET'S GO PACERS")

2. For LeBron (when shooting free throws) - NO RING KING (to the cadence of M-V-P)

3. For LeBron (when shooting free throws) - Trai-tor! Trai-tor!

4. For LeBron (when shooting free throws) - S-T-D (instead of M-V-P) [Urban rumor referencing a supposed bout of Herpes simplex he had]

5. For LeBron - Ster-Oids! Ster-Oids! [to resurrect those old and persistent rumors of his past steroid use]

6. For Dwayne: Second Fiddle! Second Fiddle! or, in the same vein, Side-kick! Side-kick!

7. How about singing a refrain or two from Kool and the Gang's CELEBRATION song (as Dwayne Wade doesn't like us celebrating):

The song is here: http://tinyurl.com/yk6zeat

A couple of choice lines would be:

"We're gonna have a good time tonight
    Let's celebrate
    It's alright

There's a party going on right here
    A celebration to last troughout the years.
    So bring your good times and your laughter too
    We're gonna celebrate your party with you !

Come on now

Ce-le-bra-tion!

Let's all celebrate and have a good time

Celebration
    We gonna celebrate and have a good time.

Ah, if only the Pep Band, High Octane, or the Jumbotron could assist! (IMHO, singing along to this would beat "Sweet Caroline" all to hell)

All and any additional suggestions and contributions welcomed!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IndyHoya View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Area 55ers:

We need some good material for Thursday's game with Miami. To get the ball rolling, I'm throwing out the following possibilities (purloined from various sources on the web and elsewhere):

1. For the Pacers: (Before or During the Introductions?) BUILT NOT BOUGHT [slowly, loud, and emphatically like our present "LET'S GO PACERS")

2. For LeBron (when shooting free throws) - NO RING KING (to the cadence of M-V-P)

3. For LeBron (when shooting free throws) - Trai-tor! Trai-tor!

4. For LeBron (when shooting free throws) - S-T-D (instead of M-V-P) [Urban rumor referencing a supposed bout of Herpes simplex he had]

5. For LeBron - Ster-Oids! Ster-Oids! [to resurrect those old and persistent rumors of his past steroid use]

6. For Dwayne: Second Fiddle! Second Fiddle! or, in the same vein, Side-kick! Side-kick!

7. How about singing a refrain or two from Kool and the Gang's CELEBRATION song (as Dwayne Wade doesn't like us celebrating):

The song is here: http://tinyurl.com/yk6zeat

A couple of choice lines would be:

"We're gonna have a good time tonight
    Let's celebrate
    It's alright

There's a party going on right here
    A celebration to last troughout the years.
    So bring your good times and your laughter too
    We're gonna celebrate your party with you !

Come on now

Ce-le-bra-tion!

Let's all celebrate and have a good time

Celebration
    We gonna celebrate and have a good time.

Ah, if only the Pep Band, High Octane, or the Jumbotron could assist! (IMHO, singing along to this would beat "Sweet Caroline" all to hell)

All and any additional suggestions and contributions welcomed!
    This is going to be mostly contructive criticism, so I apologize in advance.

On number one, that's something I wanted to post about before tomorrow night. Specifically the speed of our chants, we usually go way too fast. Even on the "let's go pacers" chant we usually start at a decent speed LETS...GO...PACERS but end up ltsgopcers..ltsgopcers..ltsgopcers. Ideally you want to be able to take a quick breath in between each word, and that will get the rest of the arena to join in. They won't go blue in the face to complete those quick chants like we will.

Number 4: please no... the SAT, STD, whatever chants just sound like we're chanting MVP with the rest of their folks. I was in section 1 in game 3 last season and A55 was doing the SAT chant at Rose and a guy next to me asked why Area 55 was saying MVP. Only people who knew what they were saying were Area 55 and a few people on here who were in on the joke.

And finally, I'd like to do away with the "Who Cares" thing we do during intros in games like this. Against Toronto in February, it's cool. But once again, it's a case of people not knowing what we're saying except the section right next to us because the rest of the arena is so loud with cheers from their crowd and boos from ours. In a game like this we need to just boo. We don't always have to have a chant for EVERYTHING.

Otherwise, some good ideas there, Joe. Gotta add something in there along the lines of "Playoff Choker".

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The concern I have is doing anything that helps fire up LBJ & DWade. I'd suggest going on a different tack:

1) HAVE ... A NICE ... DAY
    2) OMMMMMMMM OMMMMMMMMMM OMMMMMMMMM
    3) Lullabye ... and good night ...
    4) Dream... dream dream dream ... dream.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by ndcoltsnpacers View Post
    No apologies necessary. All thoughts, ideas, criticisms welcomed. The main idea is to gin up noise in BLF. My thinking is we try all kinds of things and then go with what works best. Simple stuff like LET'S (PAUSE) GO (PAUSE) PACERS! is best for the crowd in general. But we can also be creative too.

I'd like to think we can come up with a few things that can make the Heat look a tad ridiculous.

Remember, we'll likely have High Octane working with us. So some simple chants can be taken up and reinforced with drumming immediately.

Seems like we ought to be able to get on LeBron about his hairline some way. I loved our old "He's Got a Bird's Nest on His Head Chant" for Varajao. Maybe, for LeBron (who's sensitive about his hairline) we could do "He's Got No Hair on His Head"

Just throwing ideas out here. We need to rock on Thursday

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

On number one, that's something I wanted to post about before tomorrow night. Specifically the speed of our chants, we usually go way too fast. Even on the "let's go pacers" chant we usually start at a decent speed LETS...GO...PACERS but end up ltsgopcers..ltsgopcers..ltsgopcers. Ideally you want to be able to take a quick breath in between each word, and that will get the rest of the arena to join in. They won't go blue in the face to complete those quick chants like we will.

Number 4: please no... the SAT, STD, whatever chants just sound like we're chanting MVP with the rest of their folks. I was in section 1 in game 3 last season and A55 was doing the SAT chant at Rose and a guy next to me asked why Area 55 was saying MVP. Only people who knew what they were saying were Area 55 and a few people on here who were in on the joke.

And finally, I'd like to do away with the "Who Cares" thing we do during intros in games like this. Against Toronto in February, it's cool. But once again, it's a case of people not knowing what we're saying except the section right next to us because the rest of the arena is so loud with cheers from their crowd and boos from ours. In a game like this we need to just boo. We don't always have to have a chant for EVERYTHING.

Otherwise, some good ideas there, Joe. Gotta add something in there along the lines of "Playoff Choker".
    Agree 100%. No need to go with joke or mocking chants. No one gets them but us. Of course, I fully endorse clever comments being screamed when the Fieldhouse gets a little quiet.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redfoster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    The concern I have is doing anything that helps fire up LBJ & DWade. I'd suggest going on a different tack:

1) HAVE ... A NICE ... DAY
    2) OMMMMMMMM OMMMMMMMMMM OMMMMMMMMM
    3) Lullabye ... and good night ...
    4) Dream... dream dream dream ... dream.
    Hmmm...Maybe we could have Kielbeze give them a basket of fruit when they come out for warm-ups or have a pizza delivered to them at half-time. Kill em with luv.

I hear ya, Bill. But I think we need to diss them non-stop. If they get fired up, so be it. I just want our crowd fired up.

Hmmm...Maybe we could have Kielbeze give them a basket of fruit when they come out for warm-ups or have a pizza delivered to them at half-time. Kill em with luv.

I hear ya, Bill. But I think we need to diss them non-stop. If they get fired up, so be it. I just want our crowd fired up.
    This is a little tongue in cheek by the way, but only a little. I'd say fire up the crowd with pro-Pacers chants when we have the ball. Get the crowd into trying to lull Miami to sleep. Imagine 18,000 fans singing "rock a bye baby"...
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"

I think we ought to run with We Ready.... during Heat intros.

Lebron's hairline: You need Rogaine clap clap clap

ANYTHING that keeps us away from doing anything Gloria/Delonte related!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This is a little tongue in cheek by the way, but only a little. I'd say fire up the crowd with pro-Pacers chants when we have the ball.
    Agree with you about firing up the crowd with pro-Pacers chants. Absolutely. (Note how I'm respectfully ignoring your lullabye idea here Bill!)

We need more than our usual HERE WE GO PACERS and PA-PA-PACERS. These are fine, but we need more simple cheers when we have the ball.

Also, maybe it's just me, but we've had a great deal of success with HEY-HEY-HEY-HEY repeated over and over in unison when opposing players shoot free throws.

Consider too some signage. Some big TURN OFF THE HEAT signs (and more of this ilk) held by Yellow Man, SuperFan, El Pacero, or Colin Lott would get us some footage on ESPN.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    ANYTHING that keeps us away from doing anything Gloria/Delonte related!
    Yup. No personal stuff about Gloria / Delonte. Also avoid the B******T and S***S stuff. Very bad taste.

We can do better than that.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

Yes, folks, crap like "Ref U Suck" aint gonna fly in Indy!

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Email responses starting to come in:

(for scraggly bearded Rony Turiaf) "Get a Shave"; "You're Not Jesus!", and "Goat-Faced Center"

We might want to count the seconds for him (and D. Wade too for that matter) when he shoots FTs. Turiaf is an abysmal FT shooter.

Another suggestion:

WE ARE - PACERS! WE ARE - PACERS! as done here: http://tinyurl.com/7segm7o

Another email suggestion:

DAY-VID WEST! DAY-VID WEST! (Like this, as we never do anything for the X-Factor)

When LeBron or DWade gripe about a call: "STARS DON'T WHINE"

When anyone besides LBJ or DW shoot FTs chant: "Sidekick"
    Last edited by IndyHoya; 05-16-2012 at 01:40 PM. Reason: More stuff coming in

One thing I always thought you guys should work with the Drum Corps on is making a non-rhythmic count during FTs. Counting bounces helps a rhythm, if you could just be slightly off what the guy is doing it might be really disruptive.
    BillS

When LeBron or DWade gripe about a call: "STARS DON'T WHINE"
    "Big boys don't cry!"

"CHARMIN!"

Someone on Dakich suggested Laverne (Lequitter) and Shirley (D-Whine). I loved it.

"Big boys don't cry!"
    Oh, I like that one. Especially if the whole section can hit the falsetto like the Four Seasons.
    BillS

The one consolation -- no matter what Area 55 does Thursday -- is that it will be better than anything seen or heard in Miami.

To quote from a NY Knicks Blog:

"Miami fans are the worst. We saw the shirts on the empty chairs. Also, learn ONE other chant other than "LETS GO HEAT". I swear the only other chant I heard was "MVP" for LeBron, which they strangely chanted after a ball got thrown in his face."
    Last edited by IndyHoya; 05-16-2012 at 02:02 PM.

The one consolation -- no matter what Area 55 does Thursday -- is that it will be better than anything seen or heard in Miami.

To quote from a NY Knicks Blog:

"Miami fans are the worst. We saw the shirts on the empty chairs. Also, learn ONE other chant other than "LETS GO HEAT". I swear the only other chant I heard was "MVP" for LeBron, which they strangly chanted after a ball got thrown in his face."
    Thats not true, they also have REF YOU SUCK.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Thats not true, they also have REF YOU SUCK.
    Yup. So imaginative. So basketball savvy. That's Miami.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

More emails from 55ers:

"When a Heat player flops, chant: One Two Three Four, He just hit the wooden floor."

When Heat are shooting FTs, chant: "It won't, It won't, It won't go in"

More emails from 55ers:

"When a Heat player flops, chant: One Two Three Four, He just hit the wooden floor."

When Heat are shooting FTs, chant: "It won't, It won't, It won't go in"
    I thought about "not one, not two, not three...." but I think we should just shout "not even one"

31. The Following User Says Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    I thought about "not one, not two, not three...." but I think we should just shout "not even one"
    Maybe while LBJ is shooting FTs. This particular bit of LBJ arrogance simply HAS to be played up in some way or other.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

All good points. I think for intros we just start right off the back with a bang and go with BEAT THE HEAT
    this way we get the arena loud and drown out any cheers that bandwagoners may bring!

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    All good points. I think for intros we just start right off the back with a bang and go with BEAT THE HEAT
    this way we get the arena loud and drown out any cheers that bandwagoners may bring!
    It'll be loud all right. I remember a Pacers-Celtics Playoff game in Market Square eons ago. I was in the nosebleeds and the noise level from the chanting actually made the seats up there vibrate. Larry Bird said afterwards that if the Boston fans were half as loud as Indiana's, the Celtic would never lose a game.

WE ARE -- THE PACERS! WE ARE -- INDIANA!
    Last edited by IndyHoya; 05-16-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Crowd needs to be on the OFFICIALS in this game. It has been proven that fans affect officials way more than the players. And the standard "these refs suck", won't due. If the officiating becomes attrocious, a "this game's rigged" would have a much more resonance with officials whose conspiracy has long surrounded. Area 55 should make BLF a hard place to make calls against the Pacers in.

Also, a "you should be suspended" chant for Wade would be amazing....
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post: