Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1222

Thread: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

IM not joking I wore that get up off and on all last season, and we never won a game. I wore it twice this season. The first pre season game against Chicago, lost. Then I wore it again tonight, lost. Im over it. I leave the cape wearing to the choir boys.

I'm not joking either.

Remember how I cost us the Sacramento game because I tweeted something at the start of the 4th quarter? I don't think I've tweeted ANYTHING during a game since.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ndcoltsnpacers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In other news, why were we (not me) booing the refs as they walked out tonight?
    Because most of those people don't know anything about basketball.

If we miss a shot or turn it over its because we were fouled and they didn't call it. We never commit fouls. And the opposing team always commits fouls, never gets called for it, and are all busts and a bunch of crybabies, apparently.

I thought the refs weren't great, but if we shoot our FTs, we get the W, plain and simple. Can't blame refs for that.

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Banned
    Mood

pot meet kettle

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LetsTalkPacers View Post
    pot meet kettle
    ?

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    ?
    ?

QUESTION MARKS!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

I'm disappointed there was no fake countdown YOU KNOW ITS MY FAVORITE
    DG for 3

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ColeTheMole For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ColeTheMole View Post
    I'm disappointed there was no fake countdown YOU KNOW ITS MY FAVORITE
    I love the fake countdown too! We just haven't done it right I guess, because it hasn't worked too well for us yet this season the few times we've gotten a decent try. We usually do it in a ball in situation with like 8 seconds left on the shot clock and we do a 5 second countdown. But I feel like when a team passes the ball in they know they don't have a full shot clock anyway, and everyone on the floor is aware of the fact it's 8 seconds. I'd rather just wait until the shot clock gets down to about 10-12 seconds then start the 5 second countdown after a regular play.

Banned
    Mood

cole touched my butt

Can't wait til Monday. All this bad stuff will all go away and we will win.

The fake countdown backfires too often. I think that is why we don't use it very much.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redfoster For This Useful Post:

AREA 55 NEWS YOU CAN TAKE TO THE BANK!!!!

Salutations, 55ers.

Saturday’s loss was no fun. In retrospect, it hurts a lot but that’s probably because our expectations were too high. Orlando had nothing to lose. They were loose and came in feeling dissed and with something to prove. We, by contrast, were tight. Just enough of their 3s went in. A lot of our offensive stuff didn’t. As a result we lost.

So right now everyone’s doing an autopsy on the Pacers. You’ve probably read in Kravitz’s column in the Star about how badly Danny Granger “choked.” You’ve heard that Frank Vogel’s rotations were all wrong. George Hill should have played more and DC much less. You’ve learned that Roy Hibbert’s offense was non-existent. That Paul George gassed his 3s when we needed them the most. That our bench let everyone down.
    You’ve heard that the game demonstrated that the Pacers have no “go to” guy. Or, perhaps heard that David West is now our “go to” guy and we didn’t “go to” him enough. You’ve learned that Stan Van Gundy is a mustachioed basketball savant – an NBA coaching genius and Frank is still a “pup,” outcoached and out-diagramed by his cerebral and veteran superior. You’ve possibly also learned that the Pacers have no heart. That they’re losers. They’re choke-artists, incapable of winning big games.

This is baloney!

Yeah, we lost. But in many ways it was a very flukey kind of game. The Pacer’s defensive effort was basically there. The Magic missed 13 of their first 16 shot attempts. Roy blocked four Magic shots in the game's first 8 minutes, 16 seconds. Remember too, for the game Orlando scored just 81 points. They only shot 39.5 percent, and just scored 0.82 points per possession. A lot of the shots that the Magic did manage to hit were extremely well defended. Sometimes, in the NBA, good shooters just make shots.

But I maintain that the Pacers normally win these sorts of games. This one got away from us basically because our guys missed a lot of open 3s and, particularly, a lot free throws they usually drain. Arguably, we weren’t “smashmouth” enough, settling for jumpers when we should have been relentlessly attacking a team that’s smaller, older. and less athletic than us. At any rate, to me Orlando played just well enough to win. Even given the Pacers’ offensive problems, I still maintain they were pretty fortunate to do so. Whether they can duplicate Saturday’s achievement remains to be seen.

Anyway, it sure as hell isn’t over yet. True, right now the Pacers are kind of behind an eight-ball, Orlando has home court advantage. Our next game, on Monday night, now looms as ultra-important. And the one after that, in Orlando, even more so.

But keep your heads up. Now it’s us that have been turned a bit into underdogs. But the Pacers LIKE being underdogs. We’ve been underdogs all year. Our guys have a way of rising to these sorts of occasions. I like our chances Monday.

On Monday, Let’s Remember Big Baby! Area 55, the Magic’s center, Glen “Big Baby” Davis, deserves a bit more of our love. Let’s remember him on Monday.

Why?

On exiting the Court Saturday night, BB had these parting words for our crowd:

“Y’all look real stunned,” Magic center Glen Davis, [Dwight] Howard’s replacement, yelled at the [Indiana] crowd as he left the court. “Y’all look real stunned.”

Personally, I don’t like Big Baby very much. He’s been punted around to various teams in the NBA because he has a reputation for being a bit of a head case. He’s kind of stupid and unusually mouthy given his long history of underwhelming non-achievement. He’s also known for taking stupid shots and for manic fits of idiotic exuberance. In our last game with Orlando during the regular season, for example, he graced the Pacers with a screaming post-game victory dance to remind us, I guess, about what a great game he thought he put on us or re-emphasize just how badly he thought the Magic had beaten us. It still sticks in my craw.

We can’t have this kind of thing going on in our house. Let’s make a special effort to keep Glen in mind on Monday night. One thing I guarantee you Area 55 can do – and that’s get under the sensitive skin of Big Baby. Let’s give it a try! Let's jeer him relentlessly.

Need More Motivation? Orlando’s dissing us does not begin and end with Big Baby. Orlando benchwarmer Chris Duhon got a big kick out of Danny Granger’s traveling call. Duhon’s conniptions delighted Orlando’s viewers. You can see it here:

http://tinyurl.com/bodo2fd

And here’s Jason Richardson, after hitting the go-ahead 3 that put the Magic in front for good late in the 4th on Saturday:

http://tinyurl.com/c5ldrny

How to Defend the Pick and Roll? With Dwight gone, Orlando’s left with a team full of jump shooters. When they tried posting up inside last night, Roy swatted or altered a great deal of what they wanted to do. They then switched tactics and started running pick and rolls, sometimes with multiple players setting double screens, mostly at the top of the key. They had a lot better luck doing this than trying to take on Roy underneath.

Coping with the pick and roll isn’t easy. In fact, it’s really hard.

So how do you defend the pick and roll? This instructional video from Tom Izzo deals with the basics. Take a look. My guess is the Pacers try to deal with it in basically the same ways as Izzo in the video. As you’ll see, choreography and timing is pretty important. It gives you a better appreciation for all that’s involved.

http://tinyurl.com/bwdhe4b

Well, that’s it for now. Area 55 did an excellent job with the noise Saturday. Those viewing the game on ESPN tell me sometimes it was hard to hear the announcers with all our noise. Hopefully we can bring it even more Monday night.

So don’t stint. Be loud and involved. I’m sure our guys appreciate every extra decibel we can bring.

GO PACERS! GO AREA 55!
    Last edited by IndyHoya; 04-30-2012 at 10:27 AM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

How about this...After Roy blocks one of Big Baby's shots, we all shout "Y'all look real rejected."

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Great video. Makes me think we trap but release too soon before the pass.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Great video. Makes me think we trap but release too soon before the pass.
    Interesting, I watched that and came away thinking that we do the up & over almost every time regardless of the situation.

I would prefer that we just do the jam up every single time.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hey What do you guys think about BW's on Saturday, and a trip to the airport after?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:

Not a big BWs guy, but I can meet y'all out at the airport.

Banned
    Mood

Im down for BWs and Airport.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsTalkPacers View Post
    Im down for BWs and Airport.
    Me and the wifey are up for a trip to the airport. But we've never met the team before, so we need info on when to go and where to meet up. More info, please!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm down I think. Maybe for the airport. I'll be hungover so driving to Indy for the game by 2 is out of the question.

I will also be in need of airport directions. Even though I live within eye sight of the old terminal.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    I will also be in need of airport directions. Even though I live within eye sight of the old terminal.....
    Well, I posted 2 days ago about getting more info---either nobody knows where and how to meet the team or no one is talking...and I prefer to assume it's the former rather than the latter. Maybe the 55ers in the know just haven't checked this thread recently, but hopefully someone will coordinate a group hug at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Well, I posted 2 days ago about getting more info---either nobody knows where and how to meet the team or no one is talking...and I prefer to assume it's the former rather than the latter. Maybe the 55ers in the know just haven't checked this thread recently, but hopefully someone will coordinate a group hug at the airport.
    My limited experience with airport meet/greet stuff is it's always kind of a last minute thing. Generally, you have to check with Rob Laycock for the departure/arrival info.

Then you just show up in your gear at the airport if you are so inclined. Usually you just check out the big arrival boards for incoming flights from Orlando and that gets you the Arrival Gate.

As for airport directions, well, there's always Google or Yahoo Maps. It's that big thingie out there on the west side.
    Last edited by IndyHoya; 05-05-2012 at 09:53 AM.

They don't come in through the main terminal. Theres a different place they'll be coming in.