Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

Good times last night. We lost, but my wife's entire family got to be in Area55 for my daughters birthday and had a great time.

AREA 55 NEWS YOU CAN TAKE TO THE BANK!!!

Salutations 55ers! Tonight we trudge back to cozy BLF to see our guys take on Blake Griffin, Chris Paul and the L.A. Clippers. The Pacers will be looking to turn things around after getting pasted twice on successive nights by the New York Knicks. Lately our offense has been really sputtering. Accordingly, an injection of Brazilian joy juice – in the form of our new acquisition from Toronto, Leandro Barbosa – might be just the tonic to get us going in the right direction again. Other than our splendid win against Philadelphia (when our whole team seemed to have all of its cylinders in sync) we’ve had a pretty dismal March. We need this game big time, so we really need to bring it tonight.

It ought to be an interesting game, if only to see what Frank the Tank has cooked up to put the brakes on the Clippers’ one-two punch of Paul and Griffin. Paul is a pretty known commodity to our ex-New Orleaninians Darren Collison and David West. He has never really gone off on us, and I expect our guards to rise to the occasion tonight and really clamp him down. Griffin, however, is more problematic. If Big Roy can keep his hands up, and David West can push him away from the rim, maybe we can neutralize some of his dunk attempts and force him to be a jump shooter. We’ll see, I guess.

Anyway, I’ve got a good feeling about this game. Maybe it’s the magnolias blooming in the neighbors' yard across the street; maybe it’s the damn birds doing mating calls and waking me up early; maybe it’s the burrito I had last night from Q-Doba. Whatever it is, I’m chock full of enthusiasm for this game. The playoffs don’t look so far off. I think our guys might start playing like the playoff-bound team that we all know they are.

But on to other stuff!

The Status of the Milwaukee Trip. I wish I could tell you more as this goes to print, but I can’t. The problem right now with a potential argosy to Milwaukee this coming Saturday is I still don’t know if we can get a block of tickets. I’ve tried to find out if the Suits can get us something (whether a stack of freebies or something we have to pay for – no matter) but, to date, I still haven’t heard anything from them. I hope to hear something yet today and, if so, I’ll send you all out a supplemental email and also provide everyone attending tonight with a personal status report. Right now, I’ve got around 30 names of people interested in making the trek, as well as a laudable assemblage of people claiming they’re stupid enough to drive. Getting the tickets, right now, is the issue. Stay tuned!

PTO Springtime is PTO prime time, fellow revelers. Attendance, of late, has been rising. Those of you that have not attended recently owe it to yourselves to wend your beery way to the Nameless Parking Lot across from the Arby’s and soak in the alcohol, punditry, and Fellini-esque pre-game ambience that is the Pacers Tailgating Organization.

I’m going myself tonight just to watch PTO Prez Brickyard (who so selflessly turned his ankle in Area 55's recent B-ball game with the Pacers Suits) self-medicate. BTW, for those of you who were wondering, I’m happy to report that PTO Vice-Prez and GM, Casey O’Brien, was able to persuade the presiding judge that mere public urination does not necessarily make one a sex offender. Thus, O’Brien won’t have to go through that cumbersome registration process after all. Great news!

AND NOW FOR SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT THE L.A. CLIPPERS!

Meet Clippers Owner, Donald Sperling! The general consensus among NBA cognoscenti is that the Clippers' owner, Donald Sperling, is the worst owner in the NBA. Given some of the beauties that own NBA teams, that’s really saying something.

So who is this guy, Donald Sperling? And what’s so bad about him?

Well, this is a photo of The Donald (his friends like to call him that) in a candid moment watching his hapless minions doing their thing on court:

http://tinyurl.com/83kkyge

A tanned, pot-bellied, handsome fellow, right! But why’s he the worst owner in the NBA?

Well, here’s a synopsis:

• In 2003, 19 tenants and the Housing Rights Center filed a housing discrimination lawsuit against The Donald. According to depositions given by one of his property supervisors and reported by ESPN The Magazine's Peter Keating, Sterling didn't like renting apartments he owned to black people ("they smell"), Mexican-Americans ("just sit around and smoke and drink all day") or to people with children ("brats"). He liked Koreans, however, because "they will take whatever conditions I give them and still pay the rent." The same property supervisor who gave the deposition, one Sumner Davenport, also reportedly brought a suit of her own against The Donald in Federal Court for sexual harassment, but lost. .

▪ On November 15, 2005, the Associated Press reported that The Donald had been ordered by U.S. District Judge Dale S. Fischer to pay $5 million in fees to plaintiff's attorneys in a related case which accused him of trying to drive out non-Korean tenants, particularly blacks and Latinos, from apartments he owned in Koreatown.

▪ In February 2009, The Donald was sued again. This time it was by former Clippers executive and NBA star, Elgin Baylor, for employment discrimination on the basis of age and race. Among other things, the lawsuit alleged The Donald told Baylor that he wanted to fill his team with "poor black boys from the South” under “a white head coach." The suit also claimed that during contract negotiations for Danny Manning, Sterling said "I'm offering a lot of money for a poor black kid." The suit noted that Donald made those comments while giving "the [Clippers’] Caucasian head coach a four-year, $22-million contract." Baylor groused that his salary as the Clippers’ GM had "been frozen at a comparatively paltry $350,000 since 2003."

▪ In another juicy piece from the Baylor litigation, Baylor also claimed that "[w]hile ignoring my suggestions and isolating me from decisions customarily reserved for general managers, the Clippers attempted to place the blame for the team's failures on me,"

▪ Baylor also claimed that "[d]uring this same period, players Sam Cassell, Elton Brand and Corey Maggette” complained to him that The Donald had a habit of bringing women into the Clippers’ locker room after games and while the players were showering. Supposedly the female guests would then make comments like: 'Look at those beautiful black bodies.'” Baylor alleged that he brought the players’ complaints to Sterling's attention, but "he still continued to bring women into the locker room."

To be fair to The Donald, a jury later rejected Baylor’s employment discrimination claims, deciding that he had been fired because of the Clippers’ losing history and not because of his race or age.

▪ On August 8, 2009, the U.S. Department of Justice sued The Donald for housing discrimination, supposedly because he used race as a factor in filling apartment buildings he owned in L.A. The government's case alleged that Sterling refused to rent to non-Koreans in the “Koreatown” neighborhood of L.A. and to African-Americans in Beverly Hills. The suit alleged Sterling once said he did not like to rent to Hispanics because they "smoke, drink and just hang around the building," and that "Black tenants smell and attract vermin." Donald wound up paying $2.73 million to settle the suit. The settlement was said to be one of the largest of its kind.

• When one of Donald’s tenants supposedly asked to be compensated for water damage in her flooded apartment, Sterling allegedly told his property manager, "Just evict the *****."

• Sterling bought the Clippers in 1981 for $13 million. The franchise is now valued at over $300 million. On his watch, the Clippers haven’t exactly been winners. They have lost 50 games in a season 20 times. Long ago, Sterling realized — correctly — that an owner could still turn a tidy and effortless profit under the NBA's revenue-sharing system simply by losing cheaply and then relying on the league's ever-fattening coffers to turn a profit

• The NBA once fined The Donald $10,000 for suggesting that the Clippers tank in order to enhance their draft position.

• Sterling's scorekeepers in the late 1990s routinely and dramatically undercounted the Clippers' assist totals. Deliberate or not, the effect was to depress the value of the team's own players.

• According to Franz Lidz, who was quoted in Sports Illustrated, Sterling would refuse to add players even after injuries reduced the team’s roster to the NBA’s bare 8-man minimum. "The Clippers came close to forfeiting a game after forward Michael Brooks had oral surgery," Lidz wrote. "Brooks had to suit up, and he actually played, though his jaw was as swollen as Sterling's ego."

• Sterling reportedly once welshed on a $1,000 prize for a Clippers halftime fan free-throw shooting contest, forcing the winner, a lawyer and season ticketholder named Michael Spilger, to sue to get his promised money. More than a year later, according to Lidz, Spilger finally got it.

• During his first season as owner, according to Sports Illustrated, Sterling reportedly wanted to save money by jettisoning the team trainer. He supposedly asked then-coach Paul Silas if he would mind taping up Clippers players himself before games.

• Also, according to Sports Illustrated: "Sterling is also said to have proposed to trim the team budget for his second season by slashing training-camp expenses from more than $50,000 to about $100, scouting from more than $20,000 to about $1,000, advertising from more than $200,000 to less than $9,000 and team medical expenses from about $10,000 to $100."

• Sterling would also reportedly solicit "hostesses" for private parties and Clippers events. One of these told ESPN The Magazine: "Working for Donald Sterling was the most demoralizing, dehumanizing experience of my life. He asked me for seminude photos and made it clear he wanted more."

• A former employee sued Sterling for sexual harassment in 1996. According to testimony obtained by ESPN The Magazine, Sterling would order her to find massage therapists, saying, "I want someone who will, you know, let me put it in or who [will] suck on it." The case was settled.

• In 2003, Sterling acknowledged paying a woman named Alexandra Castro $500 every time "she provided sex." He testified: "It was purely sex for money, money for sex, sex for money, money for sex." He would call her “honey,” but for decidedly unromantic reasons: "I'm a very flowery man," he said. "If you are having sex with a woman you are paying for, you always call her honey because you can't remember her name."

▪ Sterling has also been known to heckle his own players. He once expressed his displeasure about Baron Davis’ play by taunting him from his courtside seat at Clippers’ home games. Among Sterling’s verbal barbs to Baron:
    – “Why are you in the game?”
    – “Why did you take that shot?”
    – “You’re out of shape!”

“There’s nothing I can say,” Davis said of Sterling’s taunts. “I have no comment on that. You just get to this point where it’s a fight every day. It’s a fight. You’re fighting unnecessary battles. I’m fighting unnecessary battles.”

Sterling had little comment when asked about his behavior.

Former Clippers players Chris Kaman, Bobby Brown and Mardy Collins were also reportedly berated by Sterling during games. The players typically heard from The Donald during free throws or when they were within earshot during a stoppage in play.

▪ According to former Clippers assistant coach, Kim Hughes, Sterling and the Clippers organization also refused to cover the costs of a surgery that Hughes' needed after being diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2004. The reason?

"The reason they couldn't pay for the surgery is if they paid for mine, if anybody else had a problem -- head coach, secretary, assistant coach -- if they paid for mine, the onus would be on them for everybody else," Hughes told ESPN.

"I said, 'That's fine. I choose to try and save my life, and if I have to pay for it myself, I will.'"

Several Clippers players at the time - including Corey Maggette, Chris Kaman, Elton Brand and Marko Jaric - offered to help pay for Hughes' medical procedures, which totaled $70,000 or more.

Ah, and the list goes on. There’s a pretty good article on The Donald here if you’re interested in more:

http://tinyurl.com/pdpmmd

And on this high note, we adjourn!

GO PACERS! GO AREA 55!

Joe Murphy – Area 55 Mighty High Poohbah and Dedicated Raker of NBA Muck
    Last edited by IndyHoya; 03-20-2012 at 03:47 PM.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

It's official! The Milwaukee trip for Saturday is a go! Just got the following message from Rob Laycock:

Joe,

Earlier today, we purchased 30 tickets for members of Area 55 for Saturday’s game. They will be in the upper bowl in a block of seats. I’m waiting to hear back on whether they’ll be left at Will Call or placed in an account. Once I know, I’ll let you know.

We’re happy to pay for them for you guys. We bought them at the standard group rate, which is the same type of offer the Pacers would provide Squad Six if they wanted to attend a game. To be clear, you guys are responsible for travel and any other liabilities. Cool?

I CC’d Alex and Kyle so they’re in the loop.

More details to come. Plan on going.

Thanks,
    Rob

And thank you, Pacers Suits! And yeah, we're on our own for travel. As I advised Mr. Laycock, this trip is a chilling prospect, not just for us but especially so for the city of Milwaukee.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Big KUDOS to Mr. Murphy for getting this whole shindig together!
    Dinner is on me at the old German Beerhall Joe!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Big KUDOS to Mr. Murphy for getting this whole shindig together!
    Dinner is on me at the old German Beerhall Joe!
    Yup, Joe is pretty freakin' awesome.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

AREA 55 NEWS YOU CAN TAKE TO THE BANK!!!!

Salutations, 55ers!

In case you didn’t see it, our Pacers came from 22 points down to win the game last night against the Washington Wizards 85-83. After an atrocious 1st half, they played stellar ball and took the lead in the waning seconds. Everyone contributed. Roy was big with 19 points, 9 rebounds and some great hustle steals. David West had 13 and 3 very timely tap outs at the end that helped the Pacers retain possession when doing so was vital. DC2 had a crucial steal, and Paul George hit a massively important 3. We held the Wizards to under 90, corralled 14 offensive rebounds, and outscored the Wizards 53-32 in the 2nd half.

Tonight our guys return to BLF for the second of another back to back to back. We face Steve Nash and the Phoenix Suns.

The Suns (23-24) have lost their last two games (against Orlando and Miami) as part of a current road swing. These defeats are part of general recent road woes for Phoenix – the Suns have lost 6 out of their last 7 in foreign territory. Ball handling’s been problematic for them. They had 20 turnovers against Miami and 17 against Orlando. If we can bring our defense tonight, it might prove fruitful.

Still, if past performance counts for anything, we need to be wary. The Pacers have dropped their last three against Phoenix and last’s night’s win against Washington, while welcome, was definitely grueling. Our boys will be tired. We need to be loud and do everything we can to energize them.

Milwaukee Trip. The annual trek to Cheeseland is a go. Saturday afternoon around 30 55ers will motor to Milwaukee to see our boys face the Bucks. Drivers are cautioned to stay sober and all participants have been advised to tailor their behavior to that of Mahatma Gandhi. Colin Lott’s response – “Who’s Mahatma Gandhi?” – has caused your Prez a tad bit of concern.

Those going, be prepared for a lot of serious abuse. Remember, we represent Roy. There can be no profanity, no fighting, no sloppy drunkenness etc. – no matter what the provocation. Do wear your gear! Do be loud! Don’t let the anticipated abuse prevent you from doing your thing. When visiting restrooms, snack locations, or whatever, try to use the buddy system. We don’t want altercations and witnesses are always helpful.

PTO. The Pacers Tailgating Organization will meet as always pre-game tonight at the Nameless Lot in front of the Arby’s on the corner of Pennsylvania and South Street. Strategies for eclipsing the Suns will be discussed in a literally intoxicating atmosphere. Those of you who haven’t attended before are urged to do so, if only to experience the carnival ambience. If you ask nicely, PTO Vice-Prez and GM, Casey O’Brien may reward you with a musical performance. Casey has been know to swallow air and then use his talented sphincters to pass wind and thereby emit, in the form of whistles, all kinds of popular songs. His version of “Pop Goes the Weasel” always pleases a crowd. Come see!

Well, that’s it Fun-Seekers. I’ve been too busy with the Milwaukee trip to research titillating stories about our foes. However, an upcoming narrative will chronicle the Milwaukee saga. Stay tuned.

In the meantime be loud and strong tonight! Beating Phoenix would be a very good win for our guys.

GO PACERS! GO AREA 55!

Joe Murphy – Boy Travel Agent and Area 55 Grand Poobah!

Quote Originally Posted by IndyHoya View Post

PTO. The Pacers Tailgating Organization will meet as always pre-game tonight at the Nameless Lot in front of the Arby’s on the corner of Pennsylvania and South Street. Strategies for eclipsing the Suns will be discussed in a literally intoxicating atmosphere. Those of you who haven’t attended before are urged to do so, if only to experience the carnival ambience. If you ask nicely, PTO Vice-Prez and GM, Casey O’Brien may reward you with a musical performance. Casey has been know to swallow air and then use his talented sphincters to pass wind and thereby emit, in the form of whistles, all kinds of popular songs. His version of “Pop Goes the Weasel” always pleases a crowd. Come see!Well, that’s it Fun-Seekers. I’ve been too busy with the Milwaukee trip to research titillating stories about our foes. However, an upcoming narrative will chronicle the Milwaukee saga. Stay tuned.

In the meantime be loud and strong tonight! Beating Phoenix would be a very good win for our guys.

GO PACERS! GO AREA 55!

Joe Murphy – Boy Travel Agent and Area 55 Grand Poobah!
    I remember when he did Elvira by the Oakridge Boys and pooped his pants in the middle of giddy up ooom poppa mow-mow

I blame the so-called "Area 55 MVP" for these Bird rumors. He doesn't think he is loved anymore and might be leaving this offseason. This falls squarely on the shoulders of Mr. Kyle Brumback. You better get your act together son

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dgranger17 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dgranger17 View Post
    I blame the so-called "Area 55 MVP" for these Bird rumors. He doesn't think he is loved anymore and might be leaving this offseason. This falls squarely on the shoulders of Mr. Kyle Brumback. You better get your act together son
    I heard Bird was moving to reno to be with his lover.

Mood

Riiiiiight...

I remember when he did Elvira by the Oakridge Boys and pooped his pants in the middle of giddy up ooom poppa mow-mow
    Last week he did a sensitive version of "Dust in the Wind". Grown men were crying. (It might have been the gas irritating their eyes though, not sure)

I heard Bird was moving to reno to be with his lover.
    I'm blushing

Mood

Last week he did a sensitive version of "Dust in the Wind". Grown men were crying. (It might have been the gas irritating their eyes though, not sure)
    If it were anything like this, I'd cry too.

Sports Logo

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...f=17&t=1170928

http://www.facebook.com/events/397799846915092/

According to this Squad 6 member, the Squad 6 is inviting Area 55 for a drink at Scooters Pub on Juneau (corner of Water Street) for a drink before or after the game.

He also said that he could set up some of our road squad (and El Pacero in particular) with an interview at the Bucks Postgame Show to talk about the Pacers and Area 55.

You can contact the guy on facebook (link above) or on email (bucks.squad6@gmail.com)

That would be so awesome, guys. Two great fan groups hanging out before or after the game would be great. Don't we have a Buck fan on the forum as well? I approve of this move

We can't be copycats. The guy who bought us our tickets is still on the team!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    We can't be copycats. The guy who bought us our tickets is still on the team!
    Details

But seriously, make it happen, guys

To all the Area 55ers who made the Milwaukee trek, thanks. Great effort. The locals didn't know what to make of us and we almost gave the place a home court atmosphere.

Last night was one of Area 55's finest moments

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

To all the Area 55ers who made the Milwaukee trek, thanks. Great effort. The locals didn't know what to make of us and we almost gave the place a home court atmosphere.

Last night was one of Area 55's finest moments
    All thanks to you, Joe! You made it happen.

Watching the game now it's frightening how loud us 30-35 came across from that far away. Milwaukee had some bad apples like anyone, but several cool people came up to me and talked to me about what we were doing. Will never forget that trip.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:

Salutations, 55ers!

After blowing out Milwaukee Saturday on the road, our Pacers return to our fair city to try, for the fourth and last time this season, to conquer the Miami Heat. The Heat has beaten us 3-straight. I’ve synopsized the painful history of our encounters with LeBron & Co., below:

Game 1: MIAMI – 1/4/12 – 118-83

The Miami Heat, playing without Dewayne Wade, still destroyed us. The game was really over at half-time, with the Heat then holding the lead 62-39. Basically, we did everything wrong and they did everything right. LeBron James had 33 points and 13 assists, Chris Bosh added 22 points. James also grabbed 8 rebounds and the Heat turned up the defensive intensity.

Roy Hibbert had 16 points and 12 rebounds to lead the Pacers. Tyler Hansbrough scored 14. Basically, the Pacers were done in by a miserable 2nd quarter, going 1 for 15 from the field and committing 10 turnovers that Miami turned into 10 points. Frank Vogel called this quarter “a perfect storm,” with a lack of execution, missed open shots, and the Heat defense melding to spell disaster for the Pacers.

Indiana's main overall problem was an inability to slow Miami's transition offense. And because the Pacers shot so poorly and committed so many turnovers, all the Heat had to do was grab the ball and start running. They did this quite successfully. The Pacers trailed only 29-27 after the first quarter. But in the second half, they never got closer than 12 points and the lead eventually ballooned to 36.

What happened? Danny Granger scored only 6 points on 2-for-13 shooting. He missed 6 of his 7 shots in the 1st half and committed 3 turnovers. The Pacers ended up shooting 34.8 percent from the field. They committed 23 turnovers that Miami turned into 28 points.

Game 2: INDY 2/14/12 – 105-90

The Pacers came into this game on a low – having lost 3 straight. Miami made sure our funk went to 4 straight. After a quick start, the Heat basically dominated the Pacers in every facet of the game until the closing minutes - when the Pacers finally started trimming the lead to make the game look a bit closer than it actually was. Actually, the Heat never gave Indiana a chance. Things were going so well for them that, at halftime, James turned to the crowd and made hand motions acting like he was reeling in a fish. During a third-quarter timeout, the Heat’s Mike Miller grabbed something resembling a rope from the team trainer and acted like he was going to bring in a steer. There were smiles all around on the Heat bench all night long. It was an embarrassment for the Pacers.

James had 9 points and 6 assists in the first 14 minutes. He finished with 9 rebounds and 7 assists. Wade made his first 5 shots and had 10 points in a little more than 8 minutes. Heat rookie guard Norris Cole tied his season-high with 20 points, and Chris Bosh had 13 points and 7 rebounds. Miami limited the Pacers to 6-of-23 shooting in the first quarter and only a late flourish allowed the Pacers to finally climb over the 40 percent mark. It was downright ugly for Indiana.

"Pretty embarrassing," Roy Hibbert said after scoring 10 points. "They just hit us at the start and we just weren't able to recover. ... None of us came ready to play tonight."

David West led the Pacers with 14 points and Paul George had 12. Worse, Danny Granger suffered a sprained left ankle late in the 1st quarter and never returned to the game. He finished with 3 points.

The Pacers' starting five of Darren Collison, Paul George, Danny Granger, David West and Roy Hibbert entered the game rated as the top five-man unit in the league in +/- at +100, 14 points better than any other 5-player combination. Against the Heat, Indiana's starters put the team in a 23-9 hole and, after Danny left the game with his injury, they didn’t play together again as a unit.

Game 3: MIAMI 3/10/12 93-91 OT

In this one, the Pacers played hard and basically had the game won in regulation. Fate intervened and the Pacers really lost it twice, first in regulation and then again in overtime. In regulation, a series of errors by Dahntay Jones were crucial (Dahntay got trapped by a Heat double-team in a corner after crossing the half-stripe. Instead of asking for a time out, he threw a bad pass that LeBron intercepted and then converted into a jam. Dahtay managed to foul him in the attempt, but the foul wasn’t strong enough to prevent LeBron’s deuce. LeBron then converted the foul to make a 3-point play). Then, a Pacer miss was followed by a LeBron 3 from the corner that Danny Granger was late in defending. That tied the game. LeBron then took over on the defensive end, swarming Darren Collison so much that DC couldn't even get a pass off, much less a potential winning shot. This put the game into overtime.

In the OT, the Pacers played well at first. Granger's runner with 2:01 left in the extra session gave Indiana a 91-86 lead. Unfortunately, the Pacers didn't score again after that and the Heat crept back. James made another 3-pointer to start a Miami rally, Bosh tied it with a jumper with 1:03 left to play, and a Udonis Haslem offensive rebound off a missed 3 by James gave Miami the ball and a chance to take the last shot of the extra period. Haslem passed to James, who waved his fingers toward Wade. James then handed the ball off to Wade and walked to the corner near the Heat bench, as if wanting to have a better view of what was to come next.

Wade then dribbled slowly at Paul George, who was waiting for him at the 3-point stripe. Wade head-faked Paul into the air, drew contact with him, and then released a 3-point shot that dropped in with 0.10 left on the clock. Wade then ran to the other end of the court in celebration, pointing to the floor and shouting: "This is my house." Moments later, the power went off in the arena. "[Wade] shot the lights out," Bosh said afterward.

Wade wound up with 28 points, James added 27 and Bosh had 13 for the Heat. It was a painful loss for the Pacers. Over the last 18:18 minutes of play, Miami led for just 12.2 seconds.

David West finished with 15 points and 10 rebounds for the Pacers. The Pacers also got 14 points from Collison and 12 from George.

"The OT was a wrap-up and summary of what this whole game was," George said. "We started off the aggressive team and we gave up the lead."

The Pacers led by as many as 14 in the first half, taking a 44-39 edge. Miami was 0 for 7 from the floor with four consecutive turnovers during one stretch, scoring only three points in 8 minutes.

"We have to understand that we're a good basketball team," Pacers coach Frank Vogel said. "We proved that we could play with these guys. We should have pulled out this game. I feel like we gave the game away. But give credit to Miami. LeBron made superior plays and Dewayne made superior plays when the game was on the line."

My Prediction for Tonight?

We win. It’ll be tough, but I think the Pacers will get the Miami monkey off our backs.

We know Miami now. We know all the keys: DG has to have a good game. DC2 has to corral Norris Cole. Our bigs need to win the boards. Our reserves need to crush their inferior second unit. Dahntay will have a stellar game, as he’ll be thirsting for revenge.

I like our chances.

Area 55 needs to really bring it too. Paint up! Scream! Let’s get the crowd into things. This is a VERY important game.

The Milwaukee Trip. To the intrepid voyageurs who somehow made it to Cheeseland, many thanks. We were loud, visible, and made the Bradley Center a lot like BLF. I’d like to think we contributed, in a small way, to the blowout our boys effectuated on the Bucks.

Here’s a snapshot from a TV camera of our spot in Section 432 of the Bradley Center’s upper reaches:

http://tinyurl.com/884sdol

SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT MIAMI!

Let’s Forget That Dunk! Destroy the Tape! In 2009, in a pickup game held at a skills clinic at Xavier University organized by LeBron and sponsored by Nike, Xavier University’s Jordan Crawford got around LeBron and slam-dunked on him. The King, who was still dealing with an urgent text he had just received from his Momma at the time, and was busy trying to work those tiny buttons, then had the organizers of the clinic confiscate the videotape so no one afterwards would know the dunk had happened. No lie!

It is rumored that NBA Commissioner Stern, a shrewder guy than LeBron, tied up all the loose ends by having the cameramen that were involved in taping the episode killed. Crawford was then forcibly hypnotized and made to forget his amateur dunk on The King ever happened.

LeBron's Wikipedia article on the subject, despite treating LeBron generally with kid gloves, admits that this attempt at censorship "courted controversy." However, and fortunately for NBA gate receipts, neither this, nor any of the other controversies LeBron has courted in his patchy career, really mattered.

Unfortunately not all copies of the tape were destroyed. Here’s that dunk LeBron would like everybody to forget:

http://tinyurl.com/ncbz5k

More LeBron Momma Trouble! Back in April, Gloria James, LeBron’s mother, was arrested by Miami Beach police after reportedly assaulting a parking valet at the Fontainebleau Hotel at 4:45 AM because Gloria felt it was taking too long to have her car delivered.

Here’s Gloria: http://tinyurl.com/7g3ft22

Police said Gloria, 44, had a strong odor of alcohol on her breath and her eyes were bloodshot when officers arrived to investigate the incident. They said several witnesses supported valet worker, Sorel Rockfeller's, account of the alleged assault.

Rockfeller told reporters that after berating him, Gloria slapped him “very, very hard” in the face.

"When she finished slapping me, she fell down on the floor," Rockfeller said. She told me, 'Do you know who I am?' when she slapped me.".

After her arrest, Gloria was taken to the Miami Beach police department, where she was issued a "Promise to Appear" on charges of “Simple Battery” and “Disorderly Conduct.” A police report says she was released to Heat executive, Steve Stowe.

"It's very sensitive because it's your mother, of course," LeBron said after the incident. "People around me are helping me, helping her. You have to move forward,"

After being cleared to return to work, Rockfeller asked to have his company relocate him away from the Fontainebleau, reportedly because Gloria hangs out a lot there and he didn’t want to have to see her again. He also filed a lawsuit against Gloria -- demanding $15K+ for pain, emotional distress, humiliation and mental anguish.

Gloria’s criminal case was resolved in a plea deal. The Miami prosecutor agreed to drop the Battery charge in exchange for her donating $1,000 to a Haitian earthquake relief fund (Rockfeller was apparently born in Haiti) and performing 20 hours of community service. On completion of the service hours, the Disorderly Conduct charge would also be dismissed.

Unfortunately LeBron was unable to have the surveillance camera video of the incident destroyed. It’s here:

http://tinyurl.com/7z596gd

So it goes. Once you become a superstar, your whole family gets tagged with stardom too. Sadly, your mom can’t even *****-slap parking valets with impunity after that. It gets in the papers and becomes a sensitive thing.

Let’s be vocal tonight, 55ers! Tonight we Beat the Heat!

GO PACERS! GO AREA 55!
    Last edited by IndyHoya; 03-26-2012 at 12:39 PM.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

Way to bring it tonight Area 55!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

I love you Area 55.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:

A little belated, but also wanted to thank Joe for leading us through the wilderness to Milwaukee, WI, and express our gratitude to Rob and the Pacers for getting us the tix to the game. The wifey and I had a great time (and I kept the new car clean, or else I would be sleeping on the couch now). Thanks also to Chris Denari and Brooke for coming up to visit with us after the game! The most fun away game I have ever attended in any sport!

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Once Brumback hooks me up with his new Video Editing/Capture program, this will be the song I use on my NEW Pacers video!

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post

Once Brumback hooks me up with his new Video Editing/Capture program, this will be the song I use on my NEW Pacers video!
    I've been meaning to ask someone this: do the Pacers play a different version of this before the game? It always sounds like a slightly harder version, but maybe it's just the fieldhouse acoustics.

Just some random posts on Bucks fan sites I thought we might all enjoy.

Is there a Pacers crowd out there tonight? Could of sworn I heard an airball chant after Ersan’s missed three.

Indiana's Squad Six equivalent is apparently there. www.BrewHoop.com

I heard that too I wondered why they’d do that

by IQofaWarrior on Mar 24, 2012 7:47 PM CDT up reply actions

by Jacob Grinyer on Mar 24, 2012 7:48 PM CDT up reply actions

We should thank Pacers fans for helping out our organization's revenue.
    by Brick's house on Mar 24, 2012 7:50 PM CDT up reply actions

Is that "Area 55" that the annoucers just mentioned?
    by IQofaWarrior on Mar 24, 2012 7:50 PM CDT up reply actions

Yep.
    by Brick's house on Mar 24, 2012 7:50 PM CDT up reply actions

Pacer's Squad 6 coopycats are there
    by w t f on Mar 24, 2012 7:48 PM CDT up reply

Pacer fans are taunting the Bucks fans, I'd like to see them do that in Philly, Oakland or NY.
    by Brick's house on Mar 24, 2012 9:49 PM CDT reply

Re: GT: 3/24/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7:30PM CT.
    by Dwade03 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:49 pm

Area 55? LOL LOSERS

Re: GT: 3/24/12 Bucks vs. Pacers 7:30PM CT.
    by JayMKE on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:50 pm

Squad 6 and Area 55 need to battle it out with fists

GAD and the Squad 6'ers took their first official road trip to the Indiana fieldhouse last season, Area 55 have just returned the favor. I like it.

Also enjoyed listening to Jim trying not to trip over saying Area 55 was Roy Hibbert's version of Andrew Bogut's Squad 6. Can't go mentioning an opponent now Jim

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post: