Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 875 of 1222

Thread: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

  1. #851
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,202

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    HIB HIB....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  3. #852

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    HA-ROYYY!!!

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:


  5. #853
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,485

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    Saw kielbeze on the main concourse and shouted "I saw that guy on TV!" - he didn't even acknowledge me at first. Guess his celebrity has gone to his head.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  7. #854
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saw kielbeze on the main concourse and shouted "I saw that guy on TV!" - he didn't even acknowledge me at first. Guess his celebrity has gone to his head.
    He was probably too busy looking for the TV cameras....
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:


  9. #855

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    Speaking of TV cameras, did anyone tape the game last night? I usually record home games, but this was another rare exception where I did not ---and of course, I get to work today and I hear that my son (who was sitting with us in Area 55 last night) was on TV during the Hornets game.

    If someone can burn a DVD for me, I'll try to make it worth their while!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:


  11. #856
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking of TV cameras, did anyone tape the game last night? I usually record home games, but this was another rare exception where I did not ---and of course, I get to work today and I hear that my son (who was sitting with us in Area 55 last night) was on TV during the Hornets game.

    If someone can burn a DVD for me, I'll try to make it worth their while!
    on the subject of burning games how is that done off your DVR?? I would love to record and keep all these games especially college games.

  12. #857
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,202

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking of TV cameras, did anyone tape the game last night? I usually record home games, but this was another rare exception where I did not ---and of course, I get to work today and I hear that my son (who was sitting with us in Area 55 last night) was on TV during the Hornets game.

    If someone can burn a DVD for me, I'll try to make it worth their while!
    Join the crew, I'd like to see the replay of the game myself. And not by the Hornets announcing crew.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  13. #858
    MVP kielbeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    869

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saw kielbeze on the main concourse and shouted "I saw that guy on TV!" - he didn't even acknowledge me at first. Guess his celebrity has gone to his head.
    LMAO there was a constant line of people walking down the concourse. I was trying to play frogger with my son to get to the bathroom before we both had to go to home court for new pants!

  14. #859
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,485

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LMAO there was a constant line of people walking down the concourse. I was trying to play frogger with my son to get to the bathroom before we both had to go to home court for new pants!
    Yeah, you say that now.

    I suppose you were just trying to set a good example this time. Otherwise, you'd have just wet 'em like usual.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  16. #860
    MVP kielbeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    869

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, you say that now.

    I suppose you were just trying to set a good example this time. Otherwise, you'd have just wet 'em like usual.
    My son already knows better. I have been trying to teach Dukie that you just can't go around peeing yourself.

  17. #861
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My son already knows better. I have been trying to teach Dukie that you just can't go around peeing yourself.
    Stop getting me shwasted on crappy beer then.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:


  19. #862
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have been trying to teach Dukie that you just can't go around peeing yourself.
    Speak for yourself. Have Depends -- Will Travel.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  21. #863

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "HEY REF! CALL IT BOTH WAYS! BAAAAAAAILOUUUUT!"
    HEY REF! HE WAS OUT OF BOUNDS! THEY HAVE BIG FEET! WATCH THEIR FEET!

    And my other favorite from last night:

    C'MON GUYS, START REBOUNDING THE BAAAAALL!
    (note: this was shouted after we had already gotten the rebound, dribbled up the court, and were running a play).

    -Josh

  22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jshortt For This Useful Post:


  23. #864
    Mr. Clutch granger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts
    693

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    Just wanna take this time whilst im away from Indy for a few weeks to thoroughly Thank each and every Area 55 member Thus Far.

    You have all welcomed me with open arms, and I have made some Life time friends already. Cant wait for the second half of the season.

    GO PACERS!

    AUSTRALIA'S NO.1 PACER FAN

  24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to granger33 For This Useful Post:


  25. #865
    MVP kielbeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    869

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    BTW Area 55 Justin beck for international poster of the year!

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:


  27. #866
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,749

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    Just thought I'd add that Roy said today on XM radio his mother wants to spend a game or two in area 55.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  29. #867
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just thought I'd add that Roy said today on XM radio his mother wants to spend a game or two in area 55.
    Roy told us. But yeah that's cool!

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:


  31. #868

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    I just hope that if it happens, it's not the Heat game. Last thing we need is to get in trouble with Roy's mom.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:


  33. #869
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,202

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by ndcoltsnpacers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just hope that if it happens, it's not the Heat game. Last thing we need is to get in trouble with Roy's mom.
    Just need to lay down the law with certain 55ers that night.....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  34. #870

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just need to lay down the law with certain 55ers that night.....
    Or maybe she would be the one leading us in a Snookie chant, you just never know.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:


  36. #871

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    Not a bad first AS game for our man Roy. He had 3 points, 3 rebounds and 1 assist in about 10 minutes of work. And he made the cover of the on-line version of USA today this weekend with a link to a story explaining how he was soaking everything in during AS weekend. Way to represent the Pacers, Big Roy!

  37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:


  38. #872
    MVP kielbeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    869

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    I think In honor of PG I am going to make some 11x14 posters with 10s on them in case paul throws one down tomorrow. Maybe we will just throw them in the closet for later use. If any body would like to pitch in with this it would be pretty cool. I am also going to make some 3's a 4's for the other teams.

  39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:


  40. #873
    Member IndyHoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    732

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    AREA 55 NEWS YOU CAN TAKE TO THE BANK!!!

    Greetings again, fellow 55ers! All rested up from the All Star break? Good! Let’s hope so, because tonight our guys go into action again against some Californianos. Yup, this evening the Golden State Warriors invade our domain hoping to steal a win from our Pacers.

    Golden State’s credentials aren’t really very golden. They’re 13-17. Worse, their only 4-8 on the road and have lost their last 4 games at BLF. In our last encounter with them, in Oakland back in January, George Hill had that controversial steal from Monta Ellis that put the Pacers up 3 in crunch time. Replays indicated the ball, in fact, bounced off Geroge’s foot and George’s ensuing layup arguably should have been disallowed. Owing to the bucket, the Pacers went on to nip the Warriors 94-91, with Stefan Curry missing a potentially game-tying 3 at the buzzer. That Pacers win, you’ll recall, was part of a nifty 3-game western road swing that included a regrettable loss to Sacramento (where we blew an 18 point lead and really should have won) and a stellar and thoroughly convincing win over the L.A. Lakers.

    For all their road woes, Mark Jackson’s Warriors still can’t be taken lightly. In Monta Ellis, they have a guy that, while playing no defense, does average 22+ points a game. Stefan Curry (assuming he’s healthy and plays tonight – he’s reportedly “day to day” due to a tendon strain in his right foot) and David Lee (19 ppg and 9+ rebounds) are both solid performers and capable of double figures almost any time they play. In rookie center-forward Ekpe Udoh, the Warriors also have a young player that has been making a lot of noise - owing to his work ethic, defensive prowess, and athleticism. Our old friend, Brandon Rush, will be on court too – undoubtedly ready to revenge himself for the trade that sent him west and brought us Lou Amundsen.

    So the Pacers need to jettison all the recent All-Star hoopla and get back to real basketball. We need to help them, 55ers. This game and our next one on the road against New Orleans are supposed to be “gimmes”. We need them to pad our record and prepare for what is to come. Next week, beginning with a road game with the Bulls, we start a stretch of the season that is top-heavy with .500+ opponents. Our boys really need to dust off the cobwebs and get their focus back. Let’s be extra loud tonight and help them do that.

    FUN FACTS ABOUT GOLDEN STATE!

    Andris Biedrins – The Latvian Terror! In Andris Biedrins, the Warriors possess possibly the worst 7-foot center in the NBA. If we’re lucky, we’ll see a lot of him in action tonight doing what he does best, which is pretty much nothing.

    Adjectives describing Andris which I have gleaned from various Warrior blogs run the gamut from “lazy”, “unskilled”, “overpaid”, “soft” and “undisciplined”.

    Andris usually starts for the Warriors, and he ordinarily plays an ample 18 minutes a game. However, this year, and despite his significant playing time, he’s been averaging only 2.3 points a night, 4.5 rebounds, and less than 1 assist. Despite his lofty Latvian stature, he is usually only good for 1 block. .

    Andris doesn’t mix it up much underneath either. When he does, it is usually to no good purpose. Among other things, in the span of 30 games this year, he has only shot 5 free throws. Of these, he’s made only one. Think of that! Thirty games as a starting NBA center and only one made free throw!

    There’s a reason Andris avoids the free throw line. He is on every pundit’s list for being among the worst NBA free throw shooters of all time.

    Here’s Andris in action displaying his vaunted Eastern European hook:

    http://tinyurl.com/7umup2e

    And here’s Andris stroking it from the charity stripe: http://tinyurl.com/78om67o

    What Happened to Thunder? Golden State used to have a mascot. His name was “Thunder”. Alas, Thunder is no more! What happened?

    It’s hard to say. No one’s really talking.

    Prior to 2008 for its mascot Golden State had this strange-looking muscular guy that sported a pointy yellow mask and a scarlet red Warrior’s jersey.

    Here’s Thunder in his salad days: http://tinyurl.com/3qzrc

    Thunder did all the usual wholesome stuff NBA mascots do – trampoline jamming, tee-shirt throwing, cavorting with dancers. Then, after the Warriors lost to Utah in the second round of the 2007 playoffs, Thunder suddenly and inexplicably vanished!

    He was never replaced and the Warriors have been mascot-less ever since.

    Some claim that Thunder was sacked because Seattle’s owner, Clay Bennett, hijacked his newly purchased Seattle team, loaded them into vans and moved them to Oklahoma City. As part of this process, Bennett renamed the Super-Sonics “the Thunder” and thereby alienated a host of loyal Seattle fans that have never forgotten what Bennett did to them. Bennett’s move also created a team name disturbing similar to that long employed by the Golden State mascot. BTW, when Bennett relocated to OKC, he also took the old Seattle mascot with him. However, he stuck him in a buffalo suit and renamed him “Rumble.” Not content to just alienate Seattle, Bennett was apparently also out to alienate the entire west coast.

    Others claim that Thunder’s demise had nothing to do with Bennett. Rather, they say, Thunder was canned because he didn’t fit in with a new “image” that the Golden State marketing guys were trying to create for the Warriors. See, some NBA teams don’t have mascots. I’m talking here about the L.A. Lakers, the L.A. Clippers, and the New York Knicks. With the New York and L.A. teams, well, their marketing guys seem to think that mascots are kind of cheesy. In those big-market towns only high rollers buy NBA tickets and they come to games to hob-knob with hot celebrities and not guffaw over goofy mascots. Going to a game in L.A. or New York is sort of like being part of a who’s who. The Lakers have Jack Nicholson. The Knicks have Spike Lee. There the thinking is that a mascot’s just a bit too corny and totally unnecessary. The fans in these big market places don’t really need a mascot – they go to the games to rubber-neck stars and starlets and celebrity watch media heroes.

    Was this the reason for adios Thunder? What was going on? Were the Warriors trying to step up their image? Go upscale? Or was something more sinister afoot? Was this part of a league-wide movement to phase out mascots? Perhaps a misguided attempt to push the whole game upmarket?

    Alas, I know not.

    I tried to get an explanation by googling the snot out of “Thunder”, “Golden State Mascot” and even tried “strange mascot disappearances” but I never got any good explanation for Thunder’s exit. Suffice it to say, he’s gone and he’s never been replaced.

    I guess being in the mascot business is always a shaky proposition. Supposedly the guy that used to be Thunder is now doing stand-up comedy. Maybe getting a new mascot in Oakland was just too controversial. The traditional "Warrior" motif would probably have had to have been a grinning, loin-clothed, barefooted Indian, running around, waving a tomahawk, and dribbling a basketball – something sure to offend every self-respecting Native American in North America.

    Anyway R.I.P. Thunder. If you happen go to a Warriors game, be sure wear a nice turtleneck and buy yourself a tasty slice of quiche.

    GO PACERS! GO AREA 55!
    Last edited by IndyHoya; 02-28-2012 at 01:07 PM.

  41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:


  42. #874

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyHoya View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    AREA 55 NEWS YOU CAN TAKE TO THE BANK!!!Golden State used to have a mascot. His name was “Thunder”. Alas, Thunder is no more! What happened?
    I had heard (because I do not visit that site myself) that Thunder had a post on MascotDate.com in which he listed one of his favorite hobbies as "taking long walks with my pet, Bowser." However, I had assumed that he put on some weight and was vanquished to that land of former mascots, where all former mascots live a happy and carefree after-life.

  43. The Following User Says Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:


  44. #875
    Member IndyHoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    732

    Default Re: Area 55 Season Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had heard (because I do not visit that site myself) that Thunder had a post on MascotDate.com in which he listed one of his favorite hobbies as "taking long walks with my pet, Bowser." However, I had assumed that he put on some weight and was vanquished to that land of former mascots, where all former mascots live a happy and carefree after-life.
    Let's all hope he's happy. That "land of former mascots" would probably be a Felliniesque kind of place, with all those former Lucky the Leprechauns and drug-selling Benny the Bulls prancing about. Not heaven, not hell. More of a purgatory. El Pacero will undoubtedly wind up there one day.

  45. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •