Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers Interested in Donte Greene

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers Interested in Donte Greene

Greene told TheCDNetworks.com, a Sacramento internet radio show, that he is in talks with Chicago, New York and Indiana. He called the trio his "top three" possible free-agent destinations.
    "Anybody could pop up at any time," Greene told the radio show on Friday. "But those are the three that we're focusing on and trying to work out and get a deal done."
    http://www.iamagm.com/article/donte-...d#.UCEkaMie5Xc

Default Re: Pacers Interested in Donte Greene

Donte Greene has problems passing the ball to open teammates. Ask Demarcus Cousins
    David "And One" West

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Donte Greene has problems passing the ball to open teammates. Ask Demarcus Cousins
    Yeah, because thats a reliable source.

Can't imagine why Greene passed the ball to the guy who had scored their last 15 points or whatever it was to keep them in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Yeah, because thats a reliable source.

Can't imagine why Greene passed the ball to the guy who had scored their last 15 points or whatever it was to keep them in the game.
    I always thought you pass the ball to your best player in crunch time. Donte Green evidently doesn't agree.
    David "And One" West

Meh. A 6'11 SF that isn't a good rebounder and shoots a career 41%. WTF, how would this be a good signing. Just leave the roster spot open.

C'mon Pacers.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    I always thought you pass the ball to your best player in crunch time. Donte Green evidently doesn't agree.
    I wasn't aware that a guy who averaged 13 ppg and shot in the low 40% as a post player would be anyone's best player. How sad is that.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

I hope we sign Andre Blatche, but wouldnt mind Dante Green. He can be a scorer off the bench
    Sittin on top of the world!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Mood

6'11". Inside player. Poor shooting %. Poor rebounding.

Don't we have one of those?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhoLovesYaBaby? For This Useful Post:

Mood

For the people clamoring for Blatche;

Teams should be looking at this kid. If only because he will come cheap and has potential. I know he had attitude issues although I don't know specifics, but his stats aren't that bad. Hard to believe he is going into his eighth season.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhoLovesYaBaby? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post

Teams should be looking at this kid. If only because he will come cheap and has potential. I know he had attitude issues although I don't know specifics, but his stats aren't that bad. Hard to believe he is going into his eighth season.
    Here's the problem with him and its in your own post. see bolded.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Mood

I would not get too flustered over this. Obviously, if we do sign Green it will be dirt cheap and not a ton will be expected.

Plus he does have good size and some nice skills. Maybe a change of scenery with better leadership and a more experienced locker room will help him realize his potential.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Pacers are just going from yard sale to yard sale and seeing if they can find anything. It doesn't hurt. I am wondering if Penegraph isn't going to make the roster, they have 6 bigs if you count him, thats usually what you'd keep.

Banned
    Mood

I can't say I've seen Donte play a lot considering he's been trapped in a place that makes Indiana look like the Showtime Lakers by comparison, but his production looks pretty terrible. He's like a really bad shooting guard stuck in a really bad power forward's body. Not impressive at all, and after four years in the league, I don't even think the "P" word still applies all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post

There's been talk both the Heat and -- especially -- the Spurs have interest in him.

Spurs Nation Report: Spurs interested in Blatche

If he's good enough for those teams, surely he's good enough for us, no? I'd take a chance on someone who's proven to be talented, if immature, over a proven bum like Greene. I'm optimistic that getting out of that cesspool in Washington and being put in an environment with guys like David West, Roy Hibbert, Danny Granger, Frank Vogel, Brian Shaw, etc., will help him get his head screwed on right.

Sports Logo

Again, this tells me that the FO is simply trying to "kick the tires" to see what "bargain bin" Players could be had.

A young Player like Donte Greene is not going to come to a Team that has a SG/SF/PF rotation of PG/Granger/Green/West/Hansbrough and GH ( as a backup SG ) while trying to fight for 10-15 mpg.

My guess is that we'll sign some veteran Player with experience that is at the end of his career that will have ZERO problem filling the role that Inferno vacated.....basically a cheerleader that can be a good locker room presence that can come in and fill 10-15 mpg as an "emergency end of the bench" Role Player.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

That really surprises me the Spurs are interested in Blatche, I guess they think the environment can help him stay focused. If he came here, I'd want to give Brian Shaw a big fat raise.

Skill-wise he's everything the Pacers need with the 2nd unit, btw. He's the anti Hansbrough. He can score on his own, in bunches, rebounds well, perfect size, intermittent defense, but still. If you thought he wouldn't kill your chemistry, he has starter PF ability. I wonder what shape he's in, I picture him 30-40 lbs overweight and looking to play in China, but I'm sure i'm wrong.
    Last edited by Speed; 08-07-2012 at 01:14 PM.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Pacers are just going from yard sale to yard sale and seeing if they can find anything. It doesn't hurt. I am wondering if Penegraph isn't going to make the roster, they have 6 bigs if you count him, thats usually what you'd keep.
    I know that it is just summer league and all but honestly the few times I watched I just was not impressed at all.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

That really surprises me the Spurs are interested in Blatche, I guess they think the environment can help him stay focused. If he came here, I'd want to give Brian Shaw a big fat raise.
    If Gregg Poppavich can't keep this kid in line and get the most of out of him...no one can.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    I can't say I've seen Donte play a lot considering he's been trapped in a place that makes Indiana look like the Showtime Lakers by comparison, but his production looks pretty terrible. He's like a really bad shooting guard stuck in a really bad power forward's body. Not impressive at all, and after four years in the league, I don't even think the "P" word still applies all that much.

There's been talk both the Heat and -- especially -- the Spurs have interest in him.

Spurs Nation Report: Spurs interested in Blatche

If he's good enough for those teams, surely he's good enough for us, no? I'd take a chance on someone who's proven to be talented, if immature, over a proven bum like Greene. I'm optimistic that getting out of that cesspool in Washington and being put in an environment with guys like David West, Roy Hibbert, Danny Granger, Frank Vogel, Brian Shaw, etc., will help him get his head screwed on right.
    Quotes from that article....

"If you’re wondering if there are any particular reasons why no teams were interested in picking up a young, talented 6-foot-11 power forward — well, of course. Not only was he grossly overpaid, Blatche’s exploits — which include multiple brushes with the law, hosting something called “Lapdance Tuesday“ at a Miami nightclub and being the subject of an awesome blog post titled “The time Andray Blatche ate nachos before playing the Heat”........

Still, despite a poor 2011-12 season (8.5 points per game, 38 percent shooting), he’s less than two years removed from averaging 16.8 points and 8.2 rebounds per game while registering an above average PER. Maybe some Gregg Popovich and Tim Duncan is just what he needs to get his career back on track.

Or maybe, just maybe, his agent is floating a rumor to drum up interest in a player whose rep is pretty close to rock bottom. (Hard to believe, but that happens…)"

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I don't see the Pacers cutting a Player that has a guaranteed contract of $1.5 mil just to free up a roster space.

I still expect that we'd add one more Player while leaving the 15th spot open......but I don't expect to cut someone and go into the season with the below roster ( at the very least )

GH/DJ
    PG/Lance/OJ
    Granger/GG
    West/Hansbourgh/Pendagraph
    Hibbert/Mahinmi/Plumlee

My guess is that it will be another veteran SF that can be had for cheap.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Still, despite a poor 2011-12 season (8.5 points per game, 38 percent shooting), he’s less than two years removed from averaging 16.8 points and 8.2 rebounds per game while registering an above average PER. Maybe some Gregg Popovich and Tim Duncan is just what he needs to get his career back on track.

Or maybe, just maybe, his agent is floating a rumor to drum up interest in a player whose rep is pretty close to rock bottom. (Hard to believe, but that happens…)"
    I am not surprised if there is a Team out there that is interested in him......the guy is talented and athletic. I don't see the Pacers being interested in him for the offcourt issues....but for some other Teams....at the right "price point".....the reward outweighs risk. As to which Team? Some Veteran Playoff Bubble or Playoff Team that is near or over the Cap that is looking for cheap talent and needs some Frontcourt depth.

Of all the teams in the NBA, I think the Pacers and Spurs could get the best out of Blatche. Both just have a really good culture, really good players that are also even better citizens, and top notch coaching staff. Oh yeah, the Pacers also have Clark Kellogg. Just look what he did with Lance. I know Blatche is much older, but I think he knows he's on the verge of never playing in the NBA. That kind of thing can change someone. Just ask Gerald Green (not in terms of attitude, but being out of the NBA really lit a fire under this guy to develop his game).

With boring picks like Hans and Plumlee, I would seriously love for the Pacers to gamble on Blatche. It's not like it would be much of a gamble. More of a low risk, high reward. If he continues to be a head case you can just cut him. He'd likely sign for cheap.
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 08-07-2012 at 02:43 PM.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Banned

20 and 10 for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    20 and 10 for sure.
    Who? Blatche or Greene?

I hope they don't sign him for the simple reason that when talking about Green I don't have to clarify "Gerald".
    DG for 3