Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Stacy Paetz let go by FSI and the Pacers *update post 1*

Default Re: Stacy Paetz let go by FSI and the Pacers *update post 1*

I was speechless when someone told me today.

I said what are talking about? They said that female side line reporter Paetz isn't coming back to FS Indiana.

Of course I had to check it out and I couldn't believe it and I was just wondering WHY???

I'll miss her a lot. Things won't be the same without her.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

I have it on first hand knowledge that Stacy is an extremely nice person

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Unhappy Re: Stacy Paetz let go by FSI and the Pacers *update post 1*

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have it on first hand knowledge that Stacy is an extremely nice person
    Same. I just tweeted her and said, "I bet you can take your talents to South Beach" and she responded in a message saying thank you and she needed the laugh. I know that doesn't necessarily make her a good person or sideline reporter, but I think she's both.

Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    Same. I just tweeted her and said, "I bet you can take your talents to South Beach" and she responded in a message saying thank you and she needed the laugh. I know that doesn't necessarily make her a good person or sideline reporter, but I think she's both.

He's going for three... mikeyism's Avatar

During game 4 against the Bulls, I was in the concession line, and I looked up and Stacy was in line! Which I thought was odd because, wouldn't they have catering or something for the employees? (Or was this the writing on the wall?) What was also odd was that only me and one other person even noticed she was there.

Kind of weird and sad to see her pulled without warning or announcement, after doing 600+ broadcasts.

edit: It was either game 4 or the March 18th game
    Last edited by mikeyism; 06-02-2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: getting senile

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Ditto. But I like Denari even better.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by paetz_fan1 View Post
    I've taken my time reading through each of the replies to this post and have a few things to say in response. First, it is nice to see there are a few people on this forum board who still care about a reporter who is knowledgeable AND has integrity (which Stacy does). Second, Stacy's boss was a chauvinistic a#*hole who made her life a living HE*L. It is amazing that she was able to do as well as she did considering he would be yelling all kinds of horrible things at her through her earpiece all throughout the game and while she was giving reports. Despite all of this, she still maintained her composure and continued to show an elevated level of class in her dealings with him. Finally, Stacy is an amazing woman - what you see is what you get with her. As many have said, she is very kind to people and has a way of making them feel important. She truly loves the game and always does her best to be as professional as possible. I'm very proud of Stacy for rising above all the BS and I know God is going to bless her for not compromising her values just to get ahead in her profession, as many other female reporters do.
    This person either heard this directly from Stacy or is on the production team and heard the crap first hand. I'm also assuming the "yeller" is the senior producer.

Mood

Sorry to see her go, she was great with fans.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Who would that Be?

I suppose you don't have to name names, but I'm just curious since it appears that you either

1). Have inside information
    2). Made that up.

I'm not saying you did make it up, I'm just curious as to who told you that/if you saw it from first hand experience/know Stacy personally.
    I know her personally and we've talked about these frustrations on several occasions.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's a damn shame. She wasn't great, but she wasn't terrible, either. Just an indicator of the current economic climate, methinks.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

This is crap imo, and just an awful decision. Maybe somebody else is the one who should be losing their job.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    I beg to differ... Just because I try to treat people with respect and dignity, the way I would want to be treated in return does NOT mean my ideals are out of touch with reality. If that's honestly how you feel about our world, then I feel bad for you.

And no, I didn't misinterpret anything... I quoted what you said word for word.

Here is the paragraph I quoted from, word for word:

"Why did she get the job then? I mean really be honest. If you think people on here have crossed the line by saying that he is hot. Then doesn't that mean the Pacers have crossed the line. Because they certainly objectified her. This is a multi-million dollar business that fox sports and the Pacers are into here. They want a pretty young face behind the mic, so be it. Its not objectifying anyone. I'm pretty sure Stacy Paetz loved every minute of her job on most days, and I loved watching her on most days too."

You had 2 distinct statements, first the bolded statement, then the italic bolded statement. You honestly think that the italicized statement isn't in direct conflict of the sentence immediately preceding it? Because, AS WRITTEN, I can assure you it is.

I am not trying to pick a fight. I just think we need to treat someone who has give our organization many good years with more dignity and respect. But if you feel differently, obviously I can't stop you from voicing that. But don't get all defensive when you get called out on it.
    I actually agree with graphic-er (which does not happen often). You are based of of CA, right? Assuming that your location is correct, I would think you would see it more then others. Being an actor or actress, but especially an actress, there is a prerequisite that you be attractive. If you are attractive but not talented more times then not they will try to teach you how to act. If you are talented you not attractive, it is harder to catch a break. May not be fair, but it is the real world.

FTR, I did not see what he said as objectifying at all. I actually saw it as one of the tamer comments in this thread, and one that Stacy would probably agree with (as I would imagine most young ladies who got a break in the industry would).

You can certainly say it is a bad "standard" for us to have, but that will stop as soon as sex stops selling.

Lastly, I see no need to close this thread. Some of the earlier comments were a bit disgusting, but I think people did a good job of calling them out for being over the line.
    Last edited by vapacersfan; 06-03-2011 at 08:02 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post

edit: Aww, thanks Pacer4ever
    He only said that because you're good looking.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    I beg to differ... Just because I try to treat people with respect and dignity, the way I would want to be treated in return does NOT mean my ideals are out of touch with reality. If that's honestly how you feel about our world, then I feel bad for you.

And no, I didn't misinterpret anything... I quoted what you said word for word.

Here is the paragraph I quoted from, word for word:

"Why did she get the job then? I mean really be honest. If you think people on here have crossed the line by saying that he is hot. Then doesn't that mean the Pacers have crossed the line. Because they certainly objectified her. This is a multi-million dollar business that fox sports and the Pacers are into here. They want a pretty young face behind the mic, so be it. Its not objectifying anyone. I'm pretty sure Stacy Paetz loved every minute of her job on most days, and I loved watching her on most days too."

You had 2 distinct statements, first the bolded statement, then the italic bolded statement. You honestly think that the italicized statement isn't in direct conflict of the sentence immediately preceding it? Because, AS WRITTEN, I can assure you it is.

I am not trying to pick a fight. I just think we need to treat someone who has give our organization many good years with more dignity and respect. But if you feel differently, obviously I can't stop you from voicing that. But don't get all defensive when you get called out on it.
    I would contend that if somebody loves their job, then they probably do not feel objectified, and that was the point of my post. You spliced it up by not including the sentences before and after in your quote. So yea by its self out of context it reads in conflict.

Also I've given Stacy Paetz plenty of respect. I said that I liked watching her. I've only said good things about her. You know, it IS a good thing that she is attractive. I've not said anything negative about her job performance and have thanked numerous comments that approve of her skills. So I don't understand why you are coming at me like this.

Don't we all want an attractive sideline reporter? I'm sure the Pacer's do, they had one and i'm sure the one that will replace her will be just as hot. There's no business like show business!
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Undefeated

Really sad to see her go. I thought she was bad a few years ago, but once she got into the job and got to know everyone she really did a good job. Also, she seemed really nice and my girlfriend really liked her. I'm going to miss her on FSI.

So to Stacy, I've really enjoyed watching you the last couple of years. I thought you brought a great honesty to the job and you made yourself and the players seem approachable and human. Good luck and we'll miss you!
    Danger Zone

I thought you brought a great honesty to the job and you made yourself and the players seem approachable and human. Good luck and we'll miss you!
    Excellently worded. My thoughts exactly.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

God bless Stacy Paetz and one of the most luxurious, beautiful heads of hair on this ball of dirt. One of the best things about her that you don't get to see much on the tube is her bootylicious can. Proof of God, if you need any.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Banta View Post
    God bless Stacy Paetz and one of the most luxurious, beautiful heads of hair on this ball of dirt. One of the best things about her that you don't get to see much on the tube is her bootylicious can. Proof of God, if you need any.
    thats funny but not appropriate for this thread

I respect the work that Ms. Paetz did on Pacers tv. I have no idea of here as a person other than she seemed like a nice person.

However having said all of that I'm thinking of this from the Pacers & FSI's point of view.

Unless a single person is going to come on here & say that they are going to stop watching Pacer games or even stop watching some Pacer games on tv because of this then whatever they save on the next contract (either hiring a cheaper person or not filling the role at all) was a great business move.

Remember folks while we all feel pretty good about the end of the season the Indiana Pacers were dead last in attendance last season. That includes tickets discounted so cheaply that often times the Pacers paid fans to come to games.

They have to trim the budget no matter what or where. Sadly for all of you and Ms. Paetz that included probably a six figure on air personality. But remember her contract is not the only thing they paid for. They paid for her travel, her lodging & I would almost bet that she probably got a per diem for meals. (I don't know that part but I'm guessing)

I have nothing against her, she did fine. However at the end of the day her being there or not being there will not impact me watching the games.

IMO, I think the Pacers should not fill the role. We don't need a sideline reporter & Denari can jump up from behind the table at the end of games to interview a player. It's Benners job to hold up the players and direct them to where they need to go to be interviewed anyway.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

ill say it but i didn't like her outside of being eye candy she was mediocre.
    Scott Hoke>Stacy Paetz by a long shot.

i'll also start the bring back Scott Hoke campaign.
    We Want Scott

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nah, Paetz > Hoke. Not that Hoke was bad, but Stacy really came a long way from when she started. She always had the looks down. In regards to her actual sideline reporting, she seemed a little rocky at first, but over the years she really got better and was quite good in the last few years. She got more comfortable and it showed.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

her face annoyed me, she was a decent reporter tho
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    thats funny but not appropriate for this thread
    What, a guy can't comment on pretty hair?

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Banta For This Useful Post: