Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ricky Rubio has reached an agreement with Minnesota to join the Timberwolves

Default Re: Ricky Rubio has reached an agreement with Minnesota to join the Timberwolves

Maybe, although I doubt he's enjoying Barcelona. The system doesn't fit him, his role is getting reduced, he seemed to be losing confidence. One more year may = no rookie salary scale, but if Barca kills his progress again, does Minnie really offer him more money than rookie scale?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ricky Rubio has reached an agreement with Minnesota to join the Timberwolves

At least in Europe he had a paycheck. There may not even be one in the NBA this year. That alone makes it an odd choice for me, unless there's something else going on.

Yes, it is hard to explain from money perspective.
    Although, remember how Khan few years ago nearly brokered a deal between Rubio and some local Sota businesses where Rubio would basically get payed for his buyout in endorsements? That would be some 5-6 mil of endorsements back then.
    If there's something similar still on the table, everything would make a ton of sense.
    Remember, Khan may be a questionable basketball guy, but he's got a very strong background in business side of sports.

I wanted to discuss that even if NBA is superior to Euroleague - it doesn't mean that scoring is easier, but i see that i can't add any new points to the disscussion.

Regarding Rubio, i think he is a bit overrated now. And that's because of his past. When he was playing in youth championships - he was not only outstanding pointguard, he was literaly all-around beast. During the U16 tournament Rubio achieved two triple-doubles and a quadruple-double playing under FIBA rules. I still remember how much Rubio presence hurt our youth teams.
    So, everyone was expecting the same or at least half a beast to appear in man basketball. But that didn't happen. Maybe, playing with more athletic mature oponents, not getting the same numbers, etc. did hurt his confidence.
    Worlds championship showed that Rubio is not yet ready to be leader on a first class team. He was non-factor. He couldn't shoot. Big role in a Spain loss against Lithuania played his mental breakdowns.
    Well, you never know what a player he will become, but i doubt he will ever be as dominant as he was known.

Best wishes,
    DeS
    I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He died in 1988........
    Oops...guess I should've checked wiki before posting.

Clone?
    Last edited by mildlysane; 06-05-2011 at 08:47 PM.

There's an insider article by Chad Ford on Minnesota and the #2 pick, now that they've signed Rubio. Anyone care to post? Any Pacers mentions about moving up?

here's the link, I cant' see it though.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog?...26id%3d6622187