Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Rubio has reached an agreement with Minnesota to join the Timberwolves

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Ricky Rubio has reached an agreement with Minnesota to join the Timberwolves

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    Ricky Rubio has reached an agreement with Minnesota to join the Timberwolves next season, league sources tell Y!

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    There was a Tuesday deadline to sign under rookie scale of current CBA, and no announcement's expected until after Rubio's Euro playoffs end

It's unclear whether Rubio signed agreement on Tuesday, or merely promised to exercise his Spanish buyout on July 1 and then sign with Minny

Nevertheless, RIcky Rubio has committed to joining the NBA and playing for Minnesota in the 2011-'12 season, sources tell Y!
    DanBarreiroKFAN Dan Barreiro
    Breaking: A source tells me Wolves have secured deal with Ricky Rubio to join team next season.
    19 minutes ago
    Twolves beat reporter

Wow and they get him on the rookie scale that greats news for Twolves fans. I am surprised he wouldnt of waited one more year and sign for more money.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 06-01-2011 at 10:32 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Ricky Rubio has reached an agreement with Minnesota to join the Timberwolves

Twolves shouldn't draft a PG now. My guess is they go big, perhaps Kanter

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ricky Rubio has reached an agreement with Minnesota to join the Timberwolves

If he is anywhere near as good as he's been hyped to be, that is awesome for Minnesota.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

****ING AWESOME!!!!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think they were going pg anyway i mean they already have like 4 of them. I still think they try to trade back to around 8th and draft Bismack there.

If he's a bust, Minnesota is in trouble. All these lottery picks, and really on Kevin Love is panning out so far. Yeah they're still young.. just saying

Born Ready

Do they have a trade in place maybe?
    The Brawl set our franchise back years but it was a hell of a lot fun to watch!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewEra For This Useful Post:

Banned

Amazing news for Minny, too bad that rumor wasn't true

Can he be traded on draft night?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Can he be traded on draft night?
    he could be traded on draft night either way Minny still held his rights.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

He can still be traded up until draft night as well, I believe. The fact that they signed him as opposed to just keeping his rights and trading that during the draft/offseason makes me think that they intend to keep him, but it could really just boil down to the fact that Rubio and his agent wanted him to sign under the current rookie scale.

Wouldn't it be something , if the reason why he decided to come next season was because of a promised trade to Indiana to play for his idol Larry Bird? Maybe even a call from him ..lol I kid I kid.. but anything short of a call from Bird himself , I don't see Rubio losing all that money.. only being one more year till he fulfills his obligations overseas.

As long as Kahn has been serenading Rubio with no success, why all of a sudden now? AND with losing all that money from Euroleague, as well as coming in on a rookie scale contract?

seems kinda fishy to me if he really is gonna be a TWolf

If not, it looks like I will be watching alot of TWolves games now ...

sigh ...
    Last edited by Kemo; 06-01-2011 at 10:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Wouldn't it be something , if the reason why he decided to come next season was because of a promised trade to Indiana to play for his idol Larry Bird?

sigh ...
    hey now the Clippers and T wolves had some epic duels last year. Beasley's game winner was something else.

http://youtu.be/0hRc_R4Xaow

He looked like a true elite player that game he had 30+ and showed up in winning time. The Twolves are not as bad as it sounds to watched I watched them quite a bit. What made them unbearable was when JFlynn was in at pg They will probably still suck but i will probably watch them double the amount next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Wouldn't it be something , if the reason why he decided to come next season was because of a promised trade to Indiana to play for his idol Larry Bird? Maybe even a call from him ..lol I kid I kid.. but anything short of a call from Bird himself , I don't see Rubio losing all that money.. only being one more year till he fulfills his obligations overseas.

As long as Kahn has been serenading Rubio with no success, why all of a sudden now? AND with losing all that money from Euroleague, as well as coming in on a rookie scale contract?

seems kinda fishy to me if he really is gonna be a TWolf

sigh ...
    especially with a lockout looming? this doesn't seem right

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Haywoode Workman For This Useful Post:

Mood

They arent trading him this was master plan build around Rubio.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    Insert obligatory "Having multiple PGs on the roster hasn't stopped Kahn from drafting one" comment here.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

So how's his contract work? Does he get the value for the 5th slot from the 09 draft?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    So how's his contract work? Does he get the value for the 5th slot from the 09 draft?
    yes and if he would have waited one more year he would have been able to sign for whatever they would agree upon not the rookie scale. That is kind of surprising in my opinion i would have waited 1 more year if I was him to make more $.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    yes and if he would have waited one more year he would have been able to sign for whatever they would agree upon not the rookie scale. That is kind of surprising in my opinion i would have waited 1 more year if I was him to make more $.
    But who knows what contracts will look like then?

This was a good business move on both sides.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    But who knows what contracts will look like then?

This was a good business move on both sides.
    with how much worshiped Rubio he could have got more $ IMO

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Probably bittersweet for Sota fans. They finally get Rubio, but Kahn just got that much more rope.

I've still yet to understand how people here are so excited about him. Any time a draft prospect is brought up, someone inevitably posts a highlight video or "mixtape" of that player (which is essentially all 95% of the posters here have seen of Rubio) and then everyone says "well it's only a highlight reel and blah blah blah". I'll wait until Rubio does something in the NBA to claim to be even remotely excited about him, especially considering he plays for a team I couldn't possibly care less about.
    Grown Man Ball

28. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    I've still yet to understand how people here are so excited about him. Any time a draft prospect is brought up, someone inevitably posts a highlight video or "mixtape" of that player (which is essentially all 95% of the posters here have seen of Rubio) and then everyone says "well it's only a highlight reel and blah blah blah". I'll wait until Rubio does something in the NBA to claim to be even remotely excited about him, especially considering he plays for a team I couldn't possibly care less about.
    Is funny that the guy with the Jimmer avatar posted this

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Is funny that the guy with the Jimmer avatar posted this
    What's funny is that you don't see the irony (or understand such a thing) in the Jimmer avatar.
    Grown Man Ball

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    What's funny is that you don't see the irony (or understand such a thing) in the Jimmer avatar.
    lol , yea ..
    I actually love the sight of seeing Jimmer wearing that Indiana Pacer's workout tank top .
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."