Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 223

Thread: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

  1. #101
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,229

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Graham is snake-bit at the moment. Although that was probably the least preventable first lap wreck we've had in awhile.
    Wrong place, wrong time. That's all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who was that who bonzaied the outside when we went green before Helio spun it? Looks like Scheckter.
    Twas indeed the Scheckter. He passed everything but the pacecar and put on a show until...KERBLAMO!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Someone put Francrybaby in the wall, please.
    Done and...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    AND GOOD FOR TAKUMA! Thats all on Dario. Takuma wasn't going to let the Princess pull that on him and Dario is done for the day!
    Despite Takuma taking blame for it, Daria definitely came down on him to keep him from getting underneath going into one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    AND WE HAVE THE FRANCRYBABY WHINE! CAN'T TAKE THE BLAME FOR TAKING HIMSELF OUT! SHUT IT AND WATCH THE REPLAY PRINCESS!
    Teee Heee!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I just joined the fire Bryan Barnhart camp! That restart absolutely shouldn't have occurred. AND POWER FLIPS OFF THE OFFICIALS WITH THE DOUBLE BIRD!
    Classic double bird action and Power throws TGBB right under the bus on national TV along with Michael Andretti. Will TGBB make an appearance to explain himself? We shall see...
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetimeís worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:


  3. #102
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,364

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    And we get TGBB in the ABC booth!

    And the rat throws on track officials under the bus! The buck stops with you!

    And Will's response to that :

    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpxv1uBnvF1qkxjew.jpg
    Last edited by Sandman21; 08-14-2011 at 06:42 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  4. #103
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,364

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    Servia now thinks HE won the race in the post race presser!

    Now for a comparision between Target Ganassi and the other Ganassi team

    Graham after Conway took him out:
    .@Mikeconwayindy thanks for the apologies man. No worries. **** happens. See ya in Cali!

    Dario after he hit Sato:

    WAH!!! ITS ALL TAKUMA'S FAULT! HE WAS SUPPOSED TO LET ME CUT HIM OFF LIKE THAT! I CAN'T DO NO WRONG, BRYAN BARNHART HAS EVEN TOLD ME SO!

    Watching the post-race with the track promoter, he might pay any fine Will may face (depending on gate receipts!), he's loving the action we saw today.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 08-14-2011 at 07:30 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  5. #104
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    That race has to be the biggest piece of horse I've ever seen.

  6. #105
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,364

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    I actually liked what I saw racingwise (Scheckter passing 10 cars in two laps on the outside, Princess taking himself out of the race) until the boneheaded decision to restart with 9 to go or whatever it was. Although on the other hand, that did result in some high entertainment....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  7. #106
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,152

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    At this point there's no goof or gaff that Barnhart can make that leads me to believe he still won't have his job. Totally incompetent but yet there he is...

    I do think the drivers and owners just need to get it out there in the open like Andretti and Power did today. Make sure TPTB know that casual fans and potential fans are being made aware of Barnhart's incompetence in race control.

    And the decision to delay the aero packages???? WTF??? Can we take any more wind out of the sails of next season?

    All hail the spec cars...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  8. #107
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,229

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    The racing was great. Lots of passing. Too much crashing. Too much stupidity from race control. Should be a big groundswell about the obvious boners from race control. That remains to be seen. You CANNOT start cars with that much power with slick tires on a wet track. Period. Full stop. If you are going to try to save the track, you have to keep the cars on it and keep heat in it. Keep the line dry. As soon as you stop and allow the dampness to accumulate, you've lost it.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetimeís worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:


  10. #108
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,229

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    Two more things...

    He's full of s*** when he said that nobody was telling him the track was wet. The race control freq is TWO WAY.

    I understand the economic reasons behind the single source supplier for the aero kits. I don't like it, but I understand it. If there are not multiple suppliers coming out with kits next year, I have doubts about the entire concept.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetimeís worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:


  12. #109
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,364

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    If the pace car wipers are still going (as JR had them on the aborted restart), its probably not safe to go green.

    Other than that, New Hampshire would be a great track for a Saturday Night race next year ala Iowa. There were moments under green where you actually see the draft as the car were going around the track. Imagine seeing this show on a DRY Saturday night!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  14. #110
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,229

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    The way they squeeze the moisture out of the air when it's humid like that is way cool.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetimeís worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  15. #111
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,364

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    We've got a predictable Robin Miller RIP on Barnhart on JMV going right now....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  16. #112
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,152

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    Newman-Haas and Ganassi are protesting the results of Sunday's race. They claim they passed RHR before the yellow and the aborted restart.

    TGBB will of course likely win this round because the 2002 Penske/Helio trump card rule will be played... the rule that basically says "No matter what the rules say the decisions of race control are final even if in direct conflict with the rules as written thus making the protest and appeal process a farce and waste of money and time"

    It shouldn't have gotten to a point where this was necessary. No idea what TGBB thought he was doing trying to restart the race. Sure, you might take what the leader says about moisture with a grain of salt but if the people hoping to improve their position don't want to restart then you have to give that some weight. ...assuming the moisture on the track, cameras, cars, and pace cars wasn't enough evidence for race control.

    Hopefully though this circus sh t has the clock ticking on TGBB era.
    Last edited by Bball; 08-17-2011 at 12:45 AM.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  17. #113
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,152

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  19. #114
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,229

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    That is an EXCELLENT article.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetimeís worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  20. #115
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,152

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    Hunter-Reay gets to keep his win. The chief steward trump card rule was played again so there was no real reason for the protest. ...because the trump card rule basically says the chief steward can make or change any rule at any time on his own discretion.

    That said... Can't say I disagree with the ultimate outcome... a lot of craziness went on to get there though!

    In other surprising news (that was sarcasm) Danica is headed to Nascar to run Nationwide with Jr and select Cup races for Stewart.

    Good riddance.

    Danica was IMHO ultimately a distraction. I firmly believe the majority of Danica fans were never going to be fans of the sport so she wasn't really helping to build Indycar racing. Instead, she was helping with its credibility problem. Real race fans not only don't care to follow Danica's every move if/when she's playing her role as non-factor, but we can figure out when she's in the top 5 because she's raced there and when she's there because she just hasn't pitted yet and the real lead pack already has.

    So we don't need an excited race announcer hyping Danica's run to the front.... when that's not what it is. And I don't think Indycar racing needs announcers pandering to Danica fans who think it's an accomplishment to lead a couple of laps when the eventual podium drivers all pit. That just turns off people who actually follow the sport. And while I'm trashing Danica... has there ever been a driver anymore p-ss-poor on restarts? It's like she drops it in reverse everytime the green flag flies.

    Did I mention good riddance?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  22. #116
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,229

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    Say it ain't so! Princess Sparkle Pony is going to chase the cash. Guess they need to find a new "face" of the series.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetimeís worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:


  24. #117
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,364

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    You mean Power ISN'T the face of the series right now?

    Who cares about Danica leaving (besides ABC)? We got some racing (and Francrybaby whines) to be focusing on! Will gets the pole and Helio and Briscoe fill out the top 3 to start tomorrow, Francrybaby is in 4th. Let's see Dario knock himself out of the race again!
    Last edited by Sandman21; 08-27-2011 at 08:41 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  26. #118
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,229

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean Power ISN'T the face of the series right now?

    Who cares about Danica leaving (besides ABC)? We got some racing (and Francrybaby whines) to be focusing on! Will gets the pole and Helio and Briscoe fill out the top 3 to start tomorrow, Francrybaby is in 4th. Let's see Dario knock himself out of the race again!
    No, no...sorry. You're thinking about the official "fingers" of the series. Penske sweep of the first three. Very interesting stuff!
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetimeís worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:


  28. #119
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,364

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    Good mostly clean racing, but not a lot of passing. Doesn't matter though, NOBODY was going to catch Will today!

    And now he's got Francrybaby almost reeled back in from the damage that Kimball and Francrybaby himself did to Will earlier this year!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  30. #120
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,229

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    Never is any passing there. Theres blood in the water now. Good to see a Penske 1-2-3. Never thought I'd ever say that!
    Last edited by DaveP63; 08-29-2011 at 07:39 AM. Reason: miscue...
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetimeís worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  31. #121
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,364

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    This Baltimore course looks pretty cool. Hope nobody misses turn 1 like Krohn did in the Lights Race today...... Well except for a certain crybaby.

    HOLY CRAP that was a scary wreck with TK and Helio this morning!
    Last edited by Sandman21; 09-04-2011 at 02:26 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  33. #122
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,067
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    I loved watching the Baltimore race today.

  34. #123
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,229

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    TK is a lucky, lucky boy. The ALMS race was a demo derby, too.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetimeís worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:


  36. #124
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,364

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    The Baltimore GP is a winner. Although I think they can remove the chicane on the front stretch. That thing really messed up the start and restarts.

    Only way it could have been more of a winner would have been had Tony George clocked Robin Miller on the grid walk! (BTW, best Grid Walk of the year so far!)
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  37. #125
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,152

    Default Re: Bball's 2011 Indy500 pics and comments

    It was nice watching an Indycar race with such solid local support in the community they were in.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •