Thread: IND CLE MIN MEM

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Default IND CLE MIN MEM

For my understanding Cavaliers want to make a deal to get them the 2nd pick. Pistons have made an offer. Not sure why anyone would want Rips 25mil contract. I realize of Cavs trade exception but that can be used for this year on Rip but it does nothing for them next year. The Grizzlies have stated that Gay will not be traded unless a star is in the proposal. Also, One may say the trade with the Wolves alone would be better,however, this gets the flame ignited again for Mayo and if Cavs really want the #2 pick and Wolves are willing, then it only takes a team like Detroit to mess everything up.
    This here gives everyone what they want / need, I think? Please leave constructive feedback to make this trade work better.

Salary #'s match up on this also.

Pacers - getting Mayo for #15 and McRoberts. Getting Wolves Beasley, Webster & #2. Pacers gives Posey & #2 for #4 and Sessions.
    Grizzlies - saves 8 mil (not including Josh & Price) to get Gasol & Young & others signed. They also have 7.4 mil coming off the books for Battier.
    Cavs - giving up Sessions for #2 and using exceptions on Posey. Means it does't go against their cap and they buy out Posey's contract and can do what they want with him.
    Wolves - getting their franchise player in Rudy Gay. They have showed interest, but Wolves don't have the pieces for the Grizzlies. Grizzlies are wanting to win now. This is where the Pacers can make all this happen.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pacers get: OJ Mayo, Michael Beasley, Martell Webster, Ramon Sessions & the 4th pick.

Grizzlies get: Danny Granger, AJ Price, Josh McRoberts (E&T) & #15 from Pacers.

Cavaliers get: James Posey & #2 from Pacers.

Wolves get: Rudy Gay.

Hibbert / Kanter(R) / Foster
    Beasley / Hansbrough
    George / Webster
    Mayo / Rush / Jones
    Collison / Sessions / Stephenson
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 05-30-2011 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Changed S&T to E&T on McRoberts

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: IND CLE MIN MEM

Pros:
    I think we have a better roster with this trade.
    We get Mayo who I think will get better with age and become a decent scorer.
    Sessions is a better backup PG than Price.

Cons:
    I think we can get more in a Danny Granger package.
    I don't trust Michael Beasley playing PF, and I would rather see George start at SF.
    A 4 team trade seems very unlikely.

This would have to happen before the draft so I would most likely pass. I think we need to trade Granger, but I want to see what is available first.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

lol at us getting a better package then that for DG that is more than we could expect in a package for DG.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol at us getting a better package then that for DG that is more than we could expect in a package for DG.
    We can get a better player than Beasley for Granger. I would rather have one decent player than 2 average players (Mayo and Beasley).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KingGeorge For This Useful Post:

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

This is pretty well thought out trade, props.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge View Post
    We can get a better player than Beasley for Granger. I would rather have one decent player than 2 average players (Mayo and Beasley).
    No way we get a better haul than Beasley #4 and Ramon Sessions and OJ and get rid of Poseys deal no way no way. Granger for #4 would be a fair trade most years value wise IMO.

No chance.

Honestly, that's probably more than we can expect for Granger.

Dumping Posey in the process while still getting:

1) Young talent in OJ Mayo
    2) Young talent (If he can keep his head on straight) in Beasley
    3) Sessions is a very, very serviceable backup PG
    4) Not to mention a top 5 pick (I know the draft is weak, but still)

Being able to dump Posey in the process, and you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal for Granger than that.

Also, for Pacer Fan: That's actually a very well thought out trade. Well done.
    Last edited by Psyren; 05-30-2011 at 03:04 PM.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Dumping Posey wouldn't be as big as it would have been last year. He's an expiring now. And a trade centered around Granger and Millsap for Jefferson would be a better package than Beasley that is realistically available but beasley AND Mayo is a better package.

If we're making any kind of deal with Memphis, I want us to be the ones getting Rudy Gay.

Like, REGGIE FOR 3!!! cgehlhausen4's Avatar

Pros:
    I think we have a better roster with this trade.
    We get Mayo who I think will get better with age and become a decent scorer.
    Sessions is a better backup PG than Price.

Cons:
    I think we can get more in a Danny Granger package.
    I don't trust Michael Beasley playing PF, and I would rather see George start at SF.
    A 4 team trade seems very unlikely.

This would have to happen before the draft so I would most likely pass. I think we need to trade Granger, but I want to see what is available first.
    I dont think we can get much better for Danny. His production isnt a whole lot better than beasly. Throw in Mayo who is clearly a better scorer than granger(not shooter) we are getting the 4th pick in the draft, Martell Webster who is a capeable scorer(better than Rush and Dunleavy) and Sessions who is actually a descent player and is easily better than price. You give me a scoring PF who is athletic A player in George who will be better than granger when its said and done, in his natural SF posistion, Mayo at SG who would most likely score 22+ a game with the pacers and two quality back ups, Im down. Keep in mind we would still have money to spend in free agency to pick up another big man like Nene and maybe a scorer like JR smith or Crawford...If all that would fall together and the players meshed, that gives the heat a run for their money my friends.
    Craig "The Coon" Gehlhausen

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    If we're making any kind of deal with Memphis, I want us to be the ones getting Rudy Gay.
    Yup.

Not a fan of Mayo or Beasley. Would rather have Gay if Grizz are happy with getting Granger.

Pacers will not let go of Granger for that in return
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

I really don't know what people think we can get for Granger if Mayo, Beasley, Webster, Sessions, and the #4 pick isn't enough.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:

Only weak link I can find is that I don't think that's a great trade for Memphis. Gay, and Mayo for Granger and spare parts? I dunno. They would really have to believe that Granger was a much, much better fit for them.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Only weak link I can find is that I don't think that's a great trade for Memphis. Gay, and Mayo for Granger and spare parts? I dunno. They would really have to believe that Granger was a much, much better fit for them.
    It's really Granger & Price for Gay.
    15th pick & Josh for Mayo.
    Granger having a good contract and Gay having a bit inflated contract or possibly a really inflated / bad contract if Gay don't get it going.
    This would help them keep Gasol with the salary saved. Depends how high the Grizz are willing to go over cap into luxary tax. IMO, resigning Gasol is the most important thing they need to do, without Gasol they will just be average again.

To find a more upside trade for the Grizz would be very difficult. I could'nt find one. Granger has the most managable salary per production in the league for veterans, so the only trades that may work better is taking in rookie contracts, yet they are trying to get to the finals, I suspect.

Grizz upcoming contracts per year:
    Gay's is 15 mil, 16.5mil, 18mil & 19.5mil.
    Zach's is 17.7mil for 5 yrs.
    Gasol will be somewhere around 10 to 12mil. I suspect.
    Conley is 6.5, 7, 8, 8.5, 9.5mil.
    Mayo is 5.5 & 7.5mil
    They will be somewhere around 54mil without Gasol and will need to fill about 7 roster spots.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 06-03-2011 at 07:31 PM.