Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Default Pacers/Jazz/Blazers

Pacers trade: Collison and Posey
    Pacers receive: Devin Harris

Jazz trade: Harris
    Jazz receive: Batum and Posey

Blazers trade: Nicolas Batum
    Blazers receive: Collison

For Pacers, replace Collison with the bigger, more experienced player. Devin Harris, like Danny, was initially known for his defense but have since changed his focus to scoring. Pairing the 2 one-time all-Stars hopefully shares the scoring load and saves up enough energy for a renewed defensive focus.

For Jazz, they took back Harris as a trade asset but don't seem intent on keeping him. They'll draft Knight or Walker to be the new franchise PG, while swapping out Harris for an expiring and a badly needed swingman in Batum.

Fo Blazers, the shine is off Batum with the young swingman not living up to his initial promise. With Gerald Wallace, Wes Matthews, Brandon Roy, and Rudy Fernandez ahead of him, Blazers opt to swap him for Darren Collison to fortify their PG position, setting up a possible Andre Miller trade.

Default Re: Pacers/Jazz/Blazers

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers trade: Collison and Posey
    Pacers receive: Devin Harris

Jazz trade: Harris
    Jazz receive: Batum and Posey

Blazers trade: Nicolas Batum
    Blazers receive: Collison

For Pacers, replace Collison with the bigger, more experienced player. Devin Harris, like Danny, was initially known for his defense but have since changed his focus to scoring. Pairing the 2 one-time all-Stars hopefully shares the scoring load and saves up enough energy for a renewed defensive focus.

For Jazz, they took back Harris as a trade asset but don't seem intent on keeping him. They'll draft Knight or Walker to be the new franchise PG, while swapping out Harris for an expiring and a badly needed swingman in Batum.

Fo Blazers, the shine is off Batum with the young swingman not living up to his initial promise. With Gerald Wallace, Wes Matthews, Brandon Roy, and Rudy Fernandez ahead of him, Blazers opt to swap him for Darren Collison to fortify their PG position, setting up a possible Andre Miller trade.
    Is Devin Harris that much better than Collison? Give DC time and he could be as good as or even better than Harris. Honestly I think the Blazers would benefit from having Devin rather than us. Batum, on the other hand, would be a GREAT addition to our team.

Like, REGGIE FOR 3!!! cgehlhausen4's Avatar

Horrible trade. Harris isnt much better than DC and DC is young. You cant trade young possibly future star players for former allstar, overrated players.
    Craig "The Coon" Gehlhausen

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cgehlhausen4 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Harris is better than Collison, but Harris is 28, DC is 24 with a rookie contract. A DC-Harris Swap is something I will take only if more players are involved, like Millsap and Jefferson.
    I do not mean a direct DC-Harris+Millsap trade, but if we try dealing with Utah and they want extra bucks for their PFs, that's something I would consider.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cgehlhausen4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Horrible trade. Harris isnt much better than DC and DC is young. You cant trade young possibly future star players for former allstar, overrated players.
    Well, by that reasoning then I guess you'd trade Danny for Beasley right?

DC is young, true. On the plus side, he's really quick, and he's a good shooter. On the down side, I think his size severely limits his potential. I think at the end of the day his likely upside is average starter/great backup. Not really a star player, unless you consider someone like JJ Barea to be a star player.

I'd take the surer thing in Devin Harris. He's not that old, and if anything our team was probably too young last year. I think some of you may have unreasonable expectations of Collison. I'd bet there'll be a lot of people calling for a DC upgrade by the end of next season.