Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: your mock draft for 2011 !

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default your mock draft for 2011 !

here is mine feel free to post yours. I will update mine a few days before the draft but here is my mock as of right now!

My Mock Draft 5/26/11

1st round

1. CLEVELAND - Kyrie Irving, Duke
    2. MINNESOTA - Derrick Williams, Arizona
    3. UTAH - Enes Kanter, Turkey
    4. CLEVELAND -Jonas Valanciunas, Lithuania
    5. TORONTO - Brandon Knight, Kentucky
    6. WASHINGTON - Jan Vesely, Serbia
    7. SACRAMENTO - Kemba Walker, UConn
    8. DETROIT - Bismack Biyombo, Congo
    9. CHARLOTTE - Kawhi Leonard, San Diego State
    10. MILWAUKEE - Alec Burks, Colorado
    11. GOLDEN STATE - Chris Singleton, Florida State
    12. UTAH - Jimmer Fredette, BYU
    13. PHOENIX - Klay Thompson, Washington State
    14. HOUSTON -Jordan Hamilton, Texas
    15. INDIANA - Reggie Jackson, Boston College
    16. PHILADELPHIA - Marcus Morris, Kansas
    17. NEW YORK - Darius Morris, Michigan
    18. WASHINGTON -Tristian Thompson, Texas
    19. CHARLOTTE - Donatas Motiejunas, Lithuania
    20. MINNESOTA - Josh Selby, Kansas
    21. PORTLAND - Kenneth Faried, Morehead State
    22. DENVER - Marshon Brooks, Providence
    23. HOUSTON -Markieff Morris, Kansas
    24. OKLAHOMA CITY - JaJuan Johnson, Purdue
    25. BOSTON - Tobias Harris, Tennessee
    26. DALLAS - Nikola Mirotic, Montenegro
    27. NEW JERSEY -Nikola Vucevic, USC
    28. CHICAGO - Tyler Honeycutt, UCLA
    29. SAN ANTONIO -Lucas Nogueira, Brazil
    30. CHICAGO - Charles Jenkins, Hofstra

2nd round( didn't list the colleges)

31. MIAMI- Nolan Smith PG/SG,
    32. CLEVELAND- Travis Leslie SG/SF
    33. DETROIT- Norris Cole PG
    34. WASHINGTON - Jeremy Tyler C
    35. SACRAMENTO- Iman Shumpert PG/SG
    36. NEW JERSEY- Davis Bertans SF/PF
    37. LAC -Malcolm Lee SG
    38. HOUSTON- Justin Harper PF
    39. CHARLOTTE- Trey Thompkins PF
    40. MILWAUKEE- Jereme Richmond SF
    41. LAL- Kyle Singler SF/PF
    42. INDIANA-Keith Benson PF/C
    43. CHICAGO- Jimmy Butler SF/PF
    44. GOLDEN STATE-Jordan Williams C
    45. NEW ORLEANS - Chandler Parsons SF
    46. LAL- Bojan Bogdanovic SG/SF
    47. LAC- David Lighty SG/SF
    48. ATLANTA- Demetri McCamey PG
    49. MEMPHIS- Jon Leuer PF
    50. PHILADELPHIA- DeAndre Liggins SG/SF
    51. PORTLAND- Shelvin Mack PG
    52. DENVER- E'Twaun Moore SG
    53. ORLANDO- Scotty Hopson SG/SF
    54. CLEVELAND- Justin Holiday SG/SF
    55. BOSTON- Michael Dunigan C
    56. LAL- Greg Smith C
    57. DALLAS- Andrew Goudelock PG
    58. LAL- Antoine Diot PG
    59. SAN ANTONIO- Cory Joseph PG/SG
    60. SACRAMENTO- Ben Hansbrough PG/SG

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Default Re: your mock draft for 2011 !

I'm not ready to make picks yet, but I'd LOVE for us to get Jackson & Benson. I might love a little trading/repositioning even more, though.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not ready to make picks yet, but I'd LOVE for us to get Jackson & Benson. I might love a little trading/repositioning even more, though.
    Ya mine will probably be vastly different after all the workouts are done. There is still a lot of time for change.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

I like the Jonas to Cleveland at 4 pick and Burks to Bucks at 10. Why do you think Washington takes Vesely? Not that I disagree, just curious. If I was Washington in the 1st round I think I'd try to get the exact two players you have going to Charlotte. Boston would get good value from Tobias Harris, seems like he's a bit like Green though.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    I like the Jonas to Cleveland at 4 pick and Burks to Bucks at 10. Why do you think Washington takes Vesely? Not that I disagree, just curious. If I was Washington in the 1st round I think I'd try to get the exact two players you have going to Charlotte. Boston would get good value from Tobias Harris, seems like he's a bit like Green though.
    I don't like Vesely much but he is a nba quality athletically and the Wizards need a young wing.(I've also heard they are in love with him) I actually had Dontas going to the Wizards then I changed it at the last second for Tristian because they already have a shooting PF in Blatch. I actually think the Wiz would be smart going with Dontas. But they probably wont even draft PF they hace a ton of them with Booker and Yi and Blach. But I figure they are gonna give up on Yi so Tristian and Dontas is very possible.

I will probably make quite a few changes after reading local papers of each team after work outs.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 05-26-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Didn't you argue with me when I said Utah would pick Kanter? And here you have them picking him?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    Didn't you argue with me when I said Utah would pick Kanter? And here you have them picking him?
    probably lol but then i though about it and they can always trade Milsap and AL. I still think Brandon Knight could go #3

We are not going to take a late 20s guy at number 15. Why do you wanna punish the team like that and make us pick someone that is NOT worthy of the 15th pick?

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    We are not going to take a late 20s guy at number 15. Why do you wanna punish the team like that and make us pick someone that is NOT worthy of the 15th pick?
    Wow, how condescending. P4E obviously feels that Jackson might be worthy of the 15, even if it is a slight reach. I agree with him that Jackson's a realistic choice. Who do you want at #15?

I don't know enough about College/International players to do a mock draft.

Mood

If he goes later than 21 i would be a little stunned. He isn't a late 20s talent he was damm near an All American was Honorable mention for that. Plus he projects better to the NBA then almost any pg in this draft IMO. Who did you hear from he is a late 1st round talent? I've watched enough of Reggie to know he will be at least a good defender at the NBA level and a guy who can knock down the open shot that's if he busts.He is one of the few guys in this draft with serious upside and has a lot of room to grow. Bird may decide to go the safe route and picks a role player like Faried. But i hope he learned from last year and shoot for the moon with a guy like Reggie. I think Larry gets it now we need to hit a home run and Reggie has the most home run potential of a player that is likley to be there at 15.(I've heard he could go as high as 9th from some people).

from ESPN insider

Jackson is one of the true sleepers in this year’s draft. He’s coming off a terrific season at Boston College where he averaged 18 ppg, 4.5 apg, 4.3 rpg and shot an impressive 42 percent from three. He’s long, athletic, has great quickness, can run a team and shoot the basketball. Those types of players are typically lottery picks at the end of the day. Scouts have been a little bit slower on the uptake with Jackson, but every NBA team I spoke with has him as a solid first-round pick. A few have him in the lottery. He’s also the type that could really rise with terrific workouts. I expect he’ll stay in the draft.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 05-30-2011 at 01:43 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You mocked the second round, that's hardcore.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

p4e isn't alone on that Reggie Jackson limb. He's who I want at 15 as well. He's my Paul George this year.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    p4e isn't alone on that Reggie Jackson limb. He's who I want at 15 as well. He's my Paul George this year.
    Thats really why I want him he is very athletic like Paul and has great defensive potential like Paul. I was just watching the game film on him from the UNC game in February. He checked Harrison Barnes the whole game. Barnes went 4-14 with only 10 points. Reggie actually played pretty bad offensively going 5-19 with only 13 points. For as poorly as he played he never turned the ball over. I am still trying to get more film on him but BC is very popular hard to find. But on offense he is all they got and the run a motion offense where he plays off the ball a lot. I wish they played at least a little PnR he looks like the perfect PnR point guard with his skill set. Its a shame they couldn't use his skill set the way it should be. But I guess that is a college thing Westbrook and DC didn't get to run a lot of PnRs they had to play Ben Howland style which makes them look bad but they play better in the pros. A thing Reggie does very well in the motion offense is move with out the ball. He was very good at that. But I don't know how well he will move without the ball in a regular offense.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 05-30-2011 at 12:59 PM.

NBADraft.net has him as the 39th pick. I know they aren't the best draft mock site, but they normally are pretty solid.

Mood

NBADraft.net has him as the 39th pick. I know they aren't the best draft mock site, but they normally are pretty solid.
    Ya that site is a joke but i dont care where they have him I have him where i want and think he would be a good fit. You can make a mock and put him 39 thats cool with me but he will go higher.

I just checked his profile on that site it hasn't been updated since last year it calls him a poor shooter 50% isn't a poor shooter. It was last updated 1/13/10 ya that site is a joke compared to the mothership fox draftexpress ect.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/reggie-jackson
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 05-30-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Mood

Plus, this year will be a crapshoot when it comes to targetting players at a certain point. The draft is deep, but nothing is solidified at the top of the draft outside of maybe the top 3. Maybe. Teams with two picks in the first round will likely go with players at different positions so the first choice will dictate the second to a degree.

This is one of the toughest years to project a mock draft, because of the ability for players to move up or drop off. The talent pool is there, but the opinions on a lot of these guys I would think is going to be much different than most years. The amount of Euro players contributes to that as well. I think some GM's love Euros and others despise them.

I don't think 15 is too high for Jackson. Or Darius Morris either. Another PG I see as having better value than where he has been mocked up to this point. There are players like Justin Harper from Richmond who just started playing basketball late in life. He grew like 4 inches in college and really worked through a touch of awkwardness early in his college career. He has a smooth stroke and is long. He has post up moves, but he has been adding a lot of muscle in anticipation of the draft. He put up one of the top marks for bench press (which I don't love as a stat, but shows the work he has put in). That kid could go anywhere from 15 to 45 and I wouldn't be surprised.

A guy like Jordan Williams was supposed to be a big bodied center, and he came in much shorter than was thought. Josh Selby has been all over the place. Jeremy Tyler and Noguiera could go much higher than has been projected based on potential. I don't think you can take any of these mock drafts this year with as much certainty as we have had in years' past, and even then they are never really that close.

I will post my here in the next week or two. I just need to get my thoughts together on who, where, and why.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we do pick Reggie Jackson, I just hope that he doesn't end up being Mr. October, meaning that he plays his best in October and strikes out a lot.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Ya that site is a joke but i dont care where they have him I have him where i want and think he would be a good fit. You can make a mock and put him 39 thats cool with me but he will go higher.

I just checked his profile on that site it hasn't been updated since last year it calls him a poor shooter 50% isn't a poor shooter. It was last updated 1/13/10 ya that site is a joke compared to the mothership fox draftexpress ect.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/reggie-jackson
    I like your input, but please use some punctuation --- this isn't Twitter! My brain hurts.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

I'll weigh in on the Pacers picks.

#15 Josh Selby
    #42 Vernon Macklin

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Josh-Selby-5682/

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Vernon-Macklin-235/

http://nbadraft.net/players/josh-selby

http://nbadraft.net/players/vernon-macklin

My thoughts from reading up on them.

Macklin is 24, but they've shown they will take an older guy with Magnum and Tyler recently. He killed Butler in the tournament last year (25 pts). He has the measureables for sure as far as size, so I think he could be a rebounder, although the numbers don't show it. He has already worked out here. Roy's buddy from days in Georgetown.

Selby is a pick for potential, his ability to create a shot would stand out on a team that lacks this skill, like the Pacers. He'll, likely, have more upside than anybody available at #15. He could easily bust or could also be your leading scorer off the bench, in 2 years. He has alot to prove after Kansas, might have a sizeable chip on his shoulder to prove it.
    Last edited by Speed; 06-02-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Mood

I have a feeling that every mock out there will be quite a bit off unlike we have seen before. Following the draft this year has been tough honestly i will give an example Bismack could go #2 or he could go #11 this draft is crazy. I just cant wait till next years draft with a goodd group of incoming freshman and a lot of good sophomores.

My Mock will be way off

I'm not sold on Macklin in the second round. He is 24, and only 6-9, long arms, but only 6-9 in shoes. Probably be a productive player for a 2nd round pick, but i'd rather the Pacers draft a big brooding PF as a project.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Default My Mock Draft

1 Cleveland Kyle Irving PG - Cleveland addresses a big need at a very important position.
    2 Minnesotta Enes Kanter PF/C - Minn models themselves after Memphis and addresses a huge need at C: Love/Kanter ala Randolph/Jaric.
    3 Utah Derrick Williams SF - Jazz get a big time talent. AKwho?
    4 Cleveland Jonas Valanciunas C - Reportedly Cavs love this Jonas brother and pairs well with in the FC with Hickson.
    5 Toronto Brandon Knight PG - Raptors like Jose Calderon, big gets a PG with size, length, and moxie.
    6 Washington Bismack Biyombe PF/C - Defensive powerhouse would look great next to McGee and bad to other teams.
    7 Sacramento Kemba Walker PG - The Kings have tried and tired of the Evans/PG experiment and get a true PG that can hit from range and brings tremendous leadership. Fans will love this pick.
    8 Detroit Alec Burks SG - A SG with size. Gordon returns to the 6th man role that he's so good at.... in a year or 2.
    9 Charlotte Jann Vesely SF/PF - Addresses a bigtime need at the 3 spot after Gerald Wallace was sent to Portland.
    10 Milwaukee Kawhi Leonard SF - A tough hard nosed, get the most of his body/talent pick seems to match Skiles' likes and style.
    11 Golden State Markieff Morris PF - Warriors need size and this twin actually has it.
    12 Utah Chris Singleton SF - Great value and talent. Tremendous length. Gives Utah Hayward/Derrick Williams/Singleton to work the wings.
    13 Phoenix Marcus Morris PF - Fits Phoenix's style, an athletic guy that can hit a jumper and run the court.
    14 Houston Tristan Thompson SF - This athletic, bulky guy seems a tweener but knows how to play ball and really matches Houston's draft history.
    15 Indiana Marshon Brooks SG - A guy with good size who can create his shot. Instant offense.
    16 Philadelphia Nikola Vucecic C - Hawes needs replaced. And this guy has size and impressed me in USC games with rebounding and low post offense.
    17 New York Kenneth Faried PF - An athletic tweener who fits IT's draft history. Would look very good next to Amare and Anthony. Guy doesn't need shots - he gets them for others on the glass.
    18 Washington Jimmer Freddette PG - Backup to Wall and spot minutes at 2 since he can shoot from outside.
    19 Charlotte Jordan Hamilton SF - Depth at wing is a weakness of the 'Cats.
    20 Minnesotta Donatas Montiejunas PF - Depth at FC is a weakness of the Wolves and Minny takes a chance on a offensive-oriented Euro often compared to Bargnani... he might even have the same lackadaisical attitude.
    21 Portland Josh Selby PG - Needs a longterm prospect behind Andre Miller and the Blazers roll the dice with the next Bayless-ic experiment.
    22 Denver Klay Thompson SG - Replaces JR Smith's outside shooting.
    23 Houston Reggie Jackson PG - Size to complement Lowry's speed at the PG rotation.
    24 OKC Nikola Mirotic PF - Backup to Durant with size and outside shooting.
    25 Boston Tyler Honeycutt SF - Wing prospect often compared to Tayshaun Prince as a heir to The Truth.
    26 Dallas Darius Morris PG - PG with size. Kidd turns 39 next year.
    27 New Jersey Jordan Williams PF - PF is a huge hole for NJ and Jordan would more than fill it with bulk and good low-post offense. Potentially good pairing with the length and midrange game of Brooke Lopez.
    28 Chicago Tobias Harris SF - Reminds me of James Johnson, a tweener, that gives the Bulls flexibility but a tough guy to bring in with the second unit that knows how to play and has a decent midrange game.
    29 San Antonio JaJuan Johnson PF - Long skinny PF with quick feet and good low-post skills and developing midrange game. Rebounding would be compensated by Blair or Splitter.
    30 Chicago Shelvin Mack PG - Potential Ben Gordon-like spark to bring off the bench.
    ---------------------------------------

I did this mock considering team need a little more heavily than most (ie Kanter makes a lot sense for Minny at the 5 spot and its a vote of confindence in Beasley.)
    Last edited by MyFavMartin; 06-06-2011 at 10:15 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to MyFavMartin For This Useful Post:

Mood

Default Re: My Mock Draft

can we merge this with the my mock thread?

Default Re: My Mock Draft

I don't think Jimmer gets by us if he's there at 15.

I think he'll go earlier to one of Utah's picks. If he's there at 15, I don't think he slips past us.

Still a pretty good mock though.
    Last edited by Psyren; 06-03-2011 at 05:13 PM.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post: