View Poll Results: Which PG should the Pacers draft?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Norris Cole - Cle St

1 1.37%
  • Malcolm Delaney - Va Tech

0 0%
  • Jimmer Fredette - BYU

18 24.66%
  • Andrew Goudelock - C of C

0 0%
  • Ben Hansbrough - ND

5 6.85%
  • Tu Holloway - Xavier

0 0%
  • Justin Hurtt - Tulsa

0 0%
  • Reggie Jackson - BC

33 45.21%
  • Charles Jenkins - Hofstra

4 5.48%
  • Cory Joseph - Texas

2 2.74%
  • Kalin Lucas - Mich St

2 2.74%
  • Shelvin Mack - Butler

16 21.92%
  • Demetri McCamey - Ill

1 1.37%
  • Darius Morris - Mich

15 20.55%
  • Jacob Pullen - Kan St

5 6.85%
  • Josh Selby - Kan

26 35.62%
  • Iman Shumpert - Ga Tech

1 1.37%
  • Nolan Smith - Duke

9 12.33%
  • Isaiah Thomas - Wash

2 2.74%
  • Brad Wanamaker - Pitt

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which PG should the Pacers draft?

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Which PG should the Pacers draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just a thought: The Twolves are said to be shopping their 20th pick too. They have just over 3 mill in cap space so we could offer Rush, #42 pick for the #20 pick? Reggie Jackson with #15, Markief Morris or Faired with #20? or vice versa
    Good idea.
    The "combo's" would be dictated by the workouts & the top 14 picks, but there are interisting players to consider. Players like Shelby & Taylor, or even a M.Brooks are rising, while others like Jimmer has fallen a bit.
    I think I might target a guy like J.Taylor over Faried, but that's due to what we already have vs. what Faried is. Faried is more Tyler, where as Taylor the more the long 4/5 Larry has talked about wanting.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

After seeing Jimmer's agility numbers....I am starting to become a believer.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Iman Shumpert measurables were off the chart: 6'6", 42" vert, 18 bench press, to go with 2.7 stals l/y. His shooting is not great, & there are some Q's about if he is a PG or SG, but if he is a PG, he looks like a nice selection at the top of rd. 2. That said, we have our "raw talent" in Lance (if he stays), so maybe not.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

I'm kind of surprised that nobody has voted for Andrew Goudelock. He was 4th in pts/gm and is a great shooter.

This is from The Hoops Report talking about the combine:
    Andrew Goudelock measured a 37-inch vertical, had the second fastest lane agility time and shot the lights out in the drills. In the timed mid-range shooting on the move, Goudelock made all 21 of his attempts. He made 76 percent of his spot-up NBA 3-pointers and 68 percent of college 3-pointers. He made 78 percent of his mid-range jumpers off the dribble. Goudelock proved his claim as the best shooter in the draft and he showed that he's quite the athlete as well.

Here is David Aldridge's Big Board for PGs(scroll down to middle of page):
    http://www.nba.com/2011/news/feature...rds/index.html
    I think it is funny that he doesn't have Reggie Jackson or Darius Morris in the top ten, just honorable mention. (Selby is listed with the SGs)

No thanks on a point guard early. I really, really dislike this point guard class besides Shelvin (<3), Irving, and Knight. Selby could be a huge character risk, Fredette is going to bust hard, Cole and Hansbrough are just scorers. Most of these guys are shooting guards in point guards' bodies.

Nolan Smith is underated, I think, because he doesn't have the one thing that he's dramatically great at. He will be a solid back up point guard in the league, never a starter, but you could do alot worse, I think.

Banned

I dont want a PG with 15 right now. A month before the draft our biggest issue is PF/C. Mcroberts, Foster, & Solo may all not be in Gold & Blue next year.

I voted for Jacob Pullen. I believe he is worth a second choice. With a lockout looming, me as a GM is going to draft an upperclassmen over a younger project. Pullen is a gamer who can score points/ scoring in the second unit declined with Tyler/George in the starting line-up. I don't know if he makes the roster but you send a message to Lance and A J with this pick. Also you have competition for the backup PG. This may also allow the Pacers to combine AJ with Posey when they take on Salary in a summer blockbuster.

2012 Draft has some interesting PG prospects.
    bhaas has already started a draft M Teague 2012 Thread

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've read Reggie Jackson shoots from the hip and therefore the ball is very low and this concerns me at the NBA level.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MyFavMartin View Post
    I've read Reggie Jackson shoots from the hip and therefore the ball is very low and this concerns me at the NBA level.
    Thats a lie he has a long release much like DC but it isnt at his hip. It looks very fundamentally sound. Get film on him before you say something like "i heard he shoots from the hip"

I mean **** there is film on youtube you could check out.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byJxflDDqkQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWX6f...feature=fvwrel
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 05-26-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

Darius Morris looked good in the Pacer's workout. I like him but the only problem is 15 might be too high, and it looks like 42 is going to be too low to get him. His value will likely put him in the late first or early part of the second round. Just don't know if it's worth making any moves for him.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    Darius Morris looked good in the Pacer's workout. I like him but the only problem is 15 might be too high, and it looks like 42 is going to be too low to get him. His value will likely put him in the late first or early part of the second round. Just don't know if it's worth making any moves for him.
    I think he goes around 20 if the pacers like him they should reach a little on him because the strength of this draft is guys 10-25 isnt much skill difference. I really like his court vision I want a big pg so bad. I wanted Jrue a few years ago i really hope we get Darius or Jackson.

Undefeated

I voted for Cole, Mack McCamey, Morris and Smith.

I love the size of Morris and think he's got some excellent potential. Smith had an excellent year and get's over looked because of Kyrie, but he averaged over 20 pts and 5 assists a game.

Mack would be an excellent second round value and an immediate upgrade over price. He's at least a good a shooter, and his size and strength would be a useful asset.

McCamey seemed to be an excellent decision maker when i saw him play this year (which wasn't often) and he's a really good 3 pt shooter.

And Cole I know very little about, but he has good stats, and I just love the guys from the small schools who are really good and under rated ( like Hill!)

So those are my votes, though I guess the ones I want the most are the second rounders (Mack, McCamey or Cole) because they represent excellent value at that spot and all have potential.
    Danger Zone

Mood

Reggie Jackson – 6-3 PG, Boston College
    Becoming a better player in the NBA will be a challenge for Jackson. He was already terrific in college with the best combination of size, athleticism and skill of any PG in the country. With his frame and skill set, it’s easy to start making the comparison to the Thunder’s current All-Star point guard. They aren’t far off from each other. The difference between the two: Jackson is light years ahead of Westbrook at this stage in their careers.
    http://dimemag.com/2011/05/transitio...-in-the-nba/2/

that is some high praise and i agree he is a much smarter player than Westbrook was in college and just as eletric. Weather he will be able to become better than Westbrook in the NBA is TBA.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post

This is from The Hoops Report talking about the combine:
    Andrew Goudelock measured a 37-inch vertical, had the second fastest lane agility time and shot the lights out in the drills. In the timed mid-range shooting on the move, Goudelock made all 21 of his attempts. He made 76 percent of his spot-up NBA 3-pointers and 68 percent of college 3-pointers. He made 78 percent of his mid-range jumpers off the dribble. Goudelock proved his claim as the best shooter in the draft and he showed that he's quite the athlete as well.

When I read this the other day, I don't remember where, it piqued my interest. I put him on my possible interested list. I just wonder how his other PG skills are. Can/does he pass, play "D", set up his team mates; or is he just a shooter only type PG?

Whoever we do pick, let it not be a smallish PG. Also, being concerned about players who did not fit the traditional mold of a PG, but were athletic and/or big like Jrue Holiday and Russell Westbrook...should not scare us away one bit. Major diamond in the rough could be out there.