Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 168

Thread: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions. Update post #24 -Reports: Brown Lakers new coach

  1. #26

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions


  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,559

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Mike Brown thought he had problems trying to get Lebron to listen to him, wait till Kobe is in is huddle.
    I get the sense that Kobe is more mature then Lebron when it comes to his ego. Over the last season or two....Kobe really has IMHO grown up. I really hope that if Mike Brown ends up in LaLaLand that he will have a good working relationship with Kobe.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  5. #28
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,845

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get the sense that Kobe is more mature then Lebron when it comes to his ego. Over the last season or two....Kobe really has IMHO grown up. I really hope that if Mike Brown ends up in LaLaLand that he will have a good working relationship with Kobe.
    Depends if Kobe respects Mike Brown. Yes he is more mature, but he also needs to play for a coach he respects, thats why Phil was good for him, he respected Phil immensely.

  6. #29
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,245

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions

    Congrats to Mike Brown. The Lakers' job is a nice gig.

    It was widely reported that Brian Shaw was Kobe's choice. Interesting that the Lakers chose to go in a different direction.

    In other coaching news, Kevin McHale is supposed to be close to getting the Rockets job.

  7. #30

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions

    Give us brian shaw, thanks. I'm kinda glad we didn't get him I wanna c what vogel can do for a season

  8. #31

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah Brown sucks as a coach unless he's getting a good assistant I don't see why the Lakers think this is a good idea..

    He couldn't control LeBron with no rings he's not going to get the respect of Kobe who has 5.

    Then again it would be something if Kobe could actually win a title with Brown as coach something LeBron couldn't do.

    Buss and crew obviously aren't as smart as some of you PD posters. After
    all, what the hell have they ever won ?

  9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to The Jackson shimmy For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  10. #32
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow,

    Brown catered to LeBron, now he caters to Kobe?

    You have that wrong. The owner catered to Lebron and the owner undermined Brown and Ferry whenever they tried to stand-up to Lebron. When the owner does that it is not the coaches fault

  11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  12. #33
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah Brown sucks as a coach unless he's getting a good assistant I don't see why the Lakers think this is a good idea..

    He couldn't control LeBron with no rings he's not going to get the respect of Kobe who has 5.

    Then again it would be something if Kobe could actually win a title with Brown as coach something LeBron couldn't do.

    Who was the "good assistant" in Cleveland?

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  14. #34
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions

    Happy for Brown, not happy for Pacers fans. Brown would have IMO been perfect for us and IMO he is the high caliber of coach you don't have a chance at very often.

  15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  16. #35
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions. Update post #24 -Reports: Brown Lakers new coach

    I like Brown too. Be interesting if they'll stay with the triangle, its been a staple there for years.

  17. #36
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions. Update post #24 -Reports: Brown Lakers new coach

    Excellent hire by the Lakers. Damn it! I want them to suck!

    It's looking more and more like Vogel will be staying in Indy.

  18. #37
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,091

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan1991 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.csnbayarea.com/05/24/11/S...98&feedID=5986

    Looks like a done deal. 4 years $18 million.
    Good for the Lakers. GREAT for Mike Brown.

    The Pacers can't and shouldn't try to compete with that kind of money. It's more likely the new coach gets closer to half the annual pay that the Lakers gave Brown.

    It's disappointing that we didn't get the opportunity to go after a candidate as qualified and tied in locally as Brown, but when the Lakers offer, you say yes.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  20. #38
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions. Update post #24 -Reports: Brown Lakers new coach

    I really started to like the idea of bringing in Mike Brown along with the hopeful, future solid core with the cap space and trades.

    Though I'm still happy with Vogel.

  21. #39
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,959

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions. Update post #24 -Reports: Brown Lakers new coach

    I really don't get all the vitriol against Brown. If the most successful franchise hiring him doesn't at least give you pause, then I'm thinking you never would have given him a fair shake here. At least we're saved from that.

    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:


  23. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,323

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions. Update post #24 -Reports: Brown Lakers new coach

    So my question now becomes: how attractive of a place is Indiana really to coach?

    I wouldn't be upset if we managed to pluck Shaw out of this. If we rehire Vogel and plug in Shaw as an assistant with the promise that he gets the first crack if Vogel doesn't work out..I'd be all over that right now.

  24. #41
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Happy for Brown, not happy for Pacers fans. Brown would have IMO been perfect for us and IMO he is the high caliber of coach you don't have a chance at very often.
    Agreed. I think the people knocking Brown are nuts.

    With that said, I'd still be happy if Frank came back (with worries).

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  26. #42
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah Brown sucks as a coach unless he's getting a good assistant I don't see why the Lakers think this is a good idea..

    He couldn't control LeBron with no rings he's not going to get the respect of Kobe who has 5.

    Then again it would be something if Kobe could actually win a title with Brown as coach something LeBron couldn't do.
    I don't even know where to start.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  28. #43
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions. Update post #24 -Reports: Brown Lakers new coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Brown too. Be interesting if they'll stay with the triangle, its been a staple there for years.
    I doubt it. It wasn't a staple until Phil Jackson brought it in both times he was hired.

  29. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't even know where to start.
    I gueess this is where i would start.

    Brian Windhorst: That said, Mike Brown is a lot smarter and better coach than he got credit for. Was too willing to take hits, even when it wasn't his fault Twitter

    Los Angeles Lakers, Coaching, Mike Brown | share
    Brian Windhorst: Mike made LeBron the defender he is today. He had the ability but not the understanding. Mike's a great defensive mind w/high character. Twitter

    Yannis Koutroupis: I've talked with Gregg Popovich about Mike Brown before, nobody speaks higher of him. Popovich isn't one to give undeserving praise either. Twitter

    http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

    Mike Brown Cant help that the FO let LBJ do what ever he pleased. The blame should go on Dan Glibert and the Cavs FO.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  31. #45
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pacers can't and shouldn't try to compete with that kind of money.
    Why not?

    It's more likely the new coach gets closer to half the annual pay that the Lakers gave Brown.
    1) Why

    2) How can they expect to get as high-quality of a candidate as possible if they (if even only because of how high teams like LA can go) low ball?

  32. #46
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions. Update post #24 -Reports: Brown Lakers new coach

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So my question now becomes: how attractive of a place is Indiana really to coach?

    I wouldn't be upset if we managed to pluck Shaw out of this. If we rehire Vogel and plug in Shaw as an assistant with the promise that he gets the first crack if Vogel doesn't work out..I'd be all over that right now.
    I don't know anything about Shaw as a coach (other than he was Phil's assistant and was allegedly the heir apparent when Phil left), but if he's worth hiring, why not consider bringing him here with Chuck Person as lead assistant or associate head coach?

  33. #47
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pacers can't and shouldn't try to compete with that kind of money. It's more likely the new coach gets closer to half the annual pay that the Lakers gave Brown.
    I'd say it's more likely that Vogel gets a quarter to a third of that.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  34. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions. Update post #24 -Reports: Brown Lakers new coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know anything about Shaw as a coach (other than he was Phil's assistant and was allegedly the heir apparent when Phil left), but if he's worth hiring, why not consider bringing him here with Chuck Person as lead assistant or associate head coach?
    Now that would be a great 1 2 punch. I said in another thread no way Shaw comes here to be an assit. But as a HC i bet he would come here. I would love Chuck coaching our defense.

  35. #49
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions. Update post #24 -Reports: Brown Lakers new coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know anything about Shaw as a coach (other than he was Phil's assistant and was allegedly the heir apparent when Phil left), but if he's worth hiring, why not consider bringing him here with Chuck Person as lead assistant or associate head coach?
    I don't know anything about Shaw either but if we're going to hire an unknown quantity, it may as well be Vogel. It'll be cheaper and will be, albeit very slightly, better for public relations.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  36. #50
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Mike Brown/Lakers in Serious Discussions. Update post #24 -Reports: Brown Lakers new coach

    We know that Bird interviewed Shaw in 2007 along with Adelman. We also know that Bird is the type that doesn't believe in a lot of interviews, or a series of interviews with the same guy
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 05-25-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Mike Vanderjagt article
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 02:11 PM
  2. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 10:21 PM
  3. When Mike comes back...
    By sothenrobbiesaid in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 10:27 PM
  4. Monday articles out of Cleveland on Mike Brown
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 02:49 PM
  5. Article: Nuggets coaching situation, Mike Brown mentioned
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2005, 01:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •