Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many types of NBA players are there when you break it down beyond the usual five positions?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: How many types of NBA players are there when you break it down beyond the usual five positions?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has he ran an offense?
    If i recall Phil had a few plays for the 2nd unit. Where he ran the point but i am probably wrong.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: How many types of NBA players are there when you break it down beyond the usual five positions?

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    Paycheck Eaters: (Eddie Curry)
    thank you...I needed A great laugh....hahaha

How about the hustle or energy big. Like the Jeff Foster's and Reggie Evans of the world

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    It is truly remarkable that a comparison like that could be made without sounding like a lunatic. A hybrid of the best SG in history, arguably the best PG in history, and arguably the best PF in history. But it can be made and be done logically.

And barring the next CBA breaking them up, I see no reason why the next 5 titles don't go through Miami.
    And, to top it all off, he is unquestionably far and away the best "decider" in NBA history.

If Miami does indeed win it all this year, my guess is that there will be efforts made on the CBA to prevent other "decisions" being made by players, leaving Lebron the all-time ultimate decider and arguably one of the most influential players ever to play the game, on a par with Chamberlain, Russell, and Jordan.

Scoring-oriented combo guard: Nate Robinson, Jamal Crawford, Jerryd Bayless

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Magic is 6'-8" LOL! You ever see a 6'-8" Point Guard?
    Penny Hardaway was close.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Somewhere between just 3 being ball handler, wing, and big, all the way to 5 factorial if I am remebering my statistics courses correctly, depending on the coach and how strictly the positions are interpreted, though a point center seems unlikely (except when Magic led the Lakers to the win in the Finals playing virtually every position on the court during different parts of the series).

O'B even had Hibbert playing sg/stretch 5 frequently, so just about anything goes.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

sorry if i'm off subject but.....

All I know is people saying the 2 and 3 position is the "wings". This is not right, for example people saying we have plenty of wings this off season or saying DJ is a wing. No, DJ is not a wing, he is a 2 gaurd, thats it. A wing is one that Plays the perimeter and is actually a theat out ther. Gaurds, like DJ and SF like Wilson Chandler is not wings. So, to some of you ...please stop.

Next subject: replying to some of you speaking of the new CBA messing teams up.

I don't think the new CBA will cause teams to lose players unwillingly.

The cba may have a hard cap. But, the hard cap will prolly be close to the current luxury level of 65 to 75 million. Also, The salaries will prolly be reduced around 8 to 10%.
    The big 3, if they want to stay together will simply redue their contracts to make it work. For other teams in the league that have bloated contracts and the team / player has mutual expectations, those contracts will be redone. For teams that have a bad contract, bloated with lack of production, they will fall under a type of amnesty clause that will release them from Cap Hell (would have been nice to have that years ago with Oneal, Murphy, Dunleavey and Ford). So, I predict the CBA as a hole will not affect teams that don't want to be affected, which means...get use to seeing the Heat in the run for championships for the next Decade, If the big 3 wants it.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 05-25-2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: typo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bhaas0532 View Post
    sure. back when he played for miami, the offense ran through him.
    Hold on, there's a difference between "He ran the offense" and "They ran the offense through him".

We used to run our offense through Jermaine O'Neal, but he didn't run the offense like a point guard.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Toni Kukoc was a point forward that was a PF.