Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chad Ford Mock Draft 3.0

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Chad Ford Mock Draft 3.0

I think Jimmer could have about the same impact as Redick in the NBA.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by A.B.Hollywood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go for gold here and Draft Selby. Need or not this man has the single most upside of anyone we could snag at 15.

He really does have a Jrue Holiday kind of feel to him in that he was a can't miss HS prospect who underperformed at the college level in a system that didn't showcase his strengths but has the potential to be an All Star.

That is of course if we can't deal the pick in some package for Mayo or whomever that has already been discussed.
    Difference between Josh and Jrue is that I think Josh was playing his actual position for KU... he is a 2 not a 1 in my view, while Jrue had to play the 2 and he was a 1.

What do you believe a peak comparision is for shelby just wondering? trying to think of a 2 that is 6'3" with good handles that dribbles too much and makes questionable gambles that can consistently hit the open
    3 and drive the lane.

I think Donatas has far more upside than Troy Murphy.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    I think Donatas has far more upside than Troy Murphy.
    Ya the guy can actually play in the post as well as shot from the outside. I still dont think he ever lives up to potential he has a bad attitude.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Ya the guy can actually play in the post as well as shot from the outside. I still dont think he ever lives up to potential he has a bad attitude.
    His current level is higher than a lot of guys potential though I think, basically his floor is a lot of guys ceiling at least basketball wise...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

A Hill to get over a hill Richard_Skull's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll be ok with the Jimmer. I'm still praying that a few kids have good workouts and move up and allow Bismack to fall to us.
    PG24: "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

RT @Hoya2aPacer "When I play this game I love. I play to make my teammates better. But I'm a mouther****er on defense."

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

I'm just afraid he's going to be an Adam Morrison, one trick pony.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

At 15 if you can get a blow torch off the bench, thats a good get imo. I sick and tired of having to hide people defensively, but if Jimmer is your back up PG/Ballhandler, he may be okay in that regard. Be interesting to see how he does in a workout setting against top notch talent. Also, I think you have to see if he can even survive defensively against back up Point Guards.

Side note: I was listening to podcasts about the draft and inadvertantly got one from last year from Giovoney sp?, from Draft Express. He called Paul George a Joe Johnson/Tracy McGrady type and said there was no limit to what he could do defensively and projected him to be a possible SUPERstar in 3 years. High, high praise, fun to listen to!! He was spot on about most of the players, except Eric Bledsoe, felt he'd be out of the league in a couple of years, and that doesn't seem right.

Heres the link to his podcasts, the Paul George deal from last year is #40.

http://www.draftexpress.com/podcast.php

Also, I heard on something that Jimmer is revered so much in Utah that they have done documentaries on him and his popularity. That there would be a ton of pressure on Utah to take him at 12.

I like the Ben Gordon comparision, I called that a couple of days ago. You could only hope.

Are "tiers" out yet, that ESPN usually does?

Banned

Josh Selby may climb to top ten. Who knows it is not even June yet.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I think Jimmer could have about the same impact as Redick in the NBA.
    If that's the case, he will not last to 15. Nor should he.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

tweet by Alex Kennedy via hoopshype said Josh Selby and Malcolm Lee "stole the show" in Minnesota workout.

Alex Kennedy: A well-placed source who attended the Minnesota group workout said that Josh Selby and Malcolm Lee stole the show. Twitter

Also another tweet from Ryan Feldman? said

Ryan Feldman: Talked to a few sources at the Minnesota group workout today. I'm told Shelvin Mack and Chandler Parsons stood out. Twitter

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

The guy is the worst rebounding pf in his league. I am sorry I think members of PD nation would be calling for his head in 1-2 years if we drafted him. A guy who can't rebound or play defense is a guy I don't want next to Hibbert at any time.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    If that's the case, he will not last to 15. Nor should he.
    Reddick sucked for about 3 years until he could figure out how he fit with the Magic

Sports Logo

Just for clarification...are you referring to Murphy or Donatas Motiejunas?

I am guessing Murphy...but wanted to be sure.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Drafting Kenneth Faried would instantly improve our defense. I know he played in a small conference but he averaged 15 boards, 2 steals, and 2 blocks a game! He's an athletic freak with a motor to match. People comparing this kid to Dennis Rodman and Ben Wallace in terms of style of play. Imagine a defensive unit with AJ, Dhantay, Paul, Jeff, and this kid.

NTM we can dodge a McBullett.
    My INDIANA Pacers dream team
    Coaching Staff: Larry Bird (HC), Mike Woodson and Steve Alford (AC's)
    Starting 5: Mike Conley, Eric Gordon, Gordon Hayward, Zach Randolph, and Greg Oden
    Bench: George Hill, Josh McRoberts, Courtney Lee, Luke Harangody, Jeff Teague, Jared Jefferies, Rodney Carney, Matt Howard, and the Zeller brothers.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Thoreau87 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thoreau87 View Post
    Drafting Kenneth Faried would instantly improve our defense. I know he played in a small conference but he averaged 15 boards, 2 steals, and 2 blocks a game! He's an athletic freak with a motor to match. People comparing this kid to Dennis Rodman and Ben Wallace in terms of style of play. Imagine a defensive unit with AJ, Dhantay, Paul, Jeff, and this kid.

NTM we can dodge a McBullett.
    I like him too, but I fear he's a match up guy. In that, you can't play him against big 4s in the league. Good news, there aren't that many anymore. Bad news, he'd give you two "not big" 4s with Hansbrough.

Sports Logo

If we keep the 15th pick.....unless a top 10 Player drops ( think what happened to Granger when he was drafted ).....IMHO....I think that there is a greater chance that we will be picking from a pool of "Rotational 6th to 8th Man"-type Players. Unless the FO really thinks that a Player like Jimmer is "heads and shoulder" above anyone else on the board and CLEARLY the BPA....then I'm not so keen on drafting another Wing Player but would prefer to draft a Frontcourt Player.

To be clear, I AM NOT saying that if the BPA is a Wing Player and he is WAAAYYYYY better then the next Frontcourt Player that the FO has on their Draft Board that we skip that Wing Player in favor of a Frontcourt Player....I'm saying that if the difference between the Wing Player and the Frontcourt Player that can impact the Frontcourt the same way that a Wing Player like Jimmer can impact the backcourt is minor...then I'd prefer to draft a Frontcourt Player.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I like him too, but I fear he's a match up guy. In that, you can't play him against big 4s in the league. Good news, there aren't that many anymore. Bad news, he'd give you two "not big" 4s with Hansbrough.
    I would rather have 2 small PF's with high motors then two big PF's with average motors. I highly recommend watching his pre-draft interview. He's got the perfect attitude for a young man coming into the league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2DAV...eature=related

My fav part was when he was asked what his high scoring game would be. His response, "I can't tell you that, but my rebounding high will be 30+."
    My INDIANA Pacers dream team
    Coaching Staff: Larry Bird (HC), Mike Woodson and Steve Alford (AC's)
    Starting 5: Mike Conley, Eric Gordon, Gordon Hayward, Zach Randolph, and Greg Oden
    Bench: George Hill, Josh McRoberts, Courtney Lee, Luke Harangody, Jeff Teague, Jared Jefferies, Rodney Carney, Matt Howard, and the Zeller brothers.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Thoreau87 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Thoreau87 View Post
    I would rather have 2 small PF's with high motors then two big PF's with average motors. I highly recommend watching his pre-draft interview. He's got the perfect attitude for a young man coming into the league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2DAV...eature=related

My fav part was when he was asked what his high scoring game would be. His response, "I can't tell you that, but my rebounding high will be 30+."
    Watching the Combine, many of the draft analysts were saying that Fariad is the type of Player that understands his role on the Team and strives to fill that role very well. As you suggested....he cares more about grabbing that 30th rebound then scoring the ball. He won't be able to create his own shot or hit a mid-range jumpshot...but I'm okay with him scoring on put-backs and scrounging for those rebounds.

I know that his size will be a concern.....but short of drafting Donatas Motiejunas ( and waiting for him to come over in a year or two )...I have no problem drafting a Player like Fariad.

I'm good with just about anybody not named Tristan Thompson at #8....Valanciunas I'd be willing to wait a year for.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I'm good with just about anybody not named Tristan Thompson at #8....Valanciunas I'd be willing to wait a year for.
    Valanciunas makes sense for the Cavs. Draft the best PnR pg at #1 and pair him with the best PnR big in the draft as well. They could be a lethal combo.

I don't see the Cavs being willing to wait for him, though. He's going to fall a little.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I have my Euros mixed up....is it Motiejunas or Valanciunas that may have some buyout concerns that may leave him in Europe for another season or two?