Thread: IND/OKC/NOL

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default IND/OKC/NOL

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3n3smzl

Ok, I've been pondering a deal like this for some time, and this is just a start, but I like the idea of a Granger-Westbrook-CP3 deal. Obviously Granger is the weakest of those players, but if CP3 wants to play for a title contender, and the Thunder want to a "true PG", this could have some potential.

Pacers
    Out: Granger, Hansbrough, Rush, #15, future picks
    In: Nate Robinson, R. Westbrook

We get Westbrook, our "superstar", but let him play the 2 next to Collison. We also get a solid back-up PG in Robinson

Thunder
    Out: Westbrook, Robinson, Sefolosha, Aldrich
    In: CP3, Brandon Rush, #15, future picks (from IND and NOL)

Get a "true PG" and arguably the best at his position, as well as some shooting help in Rush, and future picks.

Hornets
    Out: CP3, future picks
    In: Granger, Hansbrough, Sefolosha, and Cole Aldrich

Great talent in return for the player that might otherwise walk. Solid veteran in DG as well as promising young bigs to learn under West and Okafor.

I feel that this truly helps all 3 teams,
    Thoughts?
    Last edited by thatch3232; 05-24-2011 at 05:26 PM.

Default Re: IND/ATL/NOL

Don't really care for the trade at all. Our backcourt would be very small.

Also, your title says Atlanta. You should change that to OKC.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Default Re: IND/OKC/NOL

It worked at UCLA, and if it doesn't end up working out, we can jus move Westbrook back to the 1, or look for a bigger PG. We need a true allstar player, and if we could do that w/o losing young talent, I'd take that all day

Mood

I don't like this because it makes us tiny in the backcourt.

I actually think this is a great trade and if for some reason Westbrook didn't end up doing well or just didn't want to play for us then we could always use him for bait to bring in that go to guy we've all been waiting for.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

How Pacers get Westbrook and Harden and they can send Nate somewhere else....not here. And drop the future draft picks from Pacers. Then, I'll go for that.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 05-29-2011 at 05:19 PM.

A Hill to get over a hill Richard_Skull's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

So, the thunder get an upgrade at PG, an upgrade at the bench, and still get all the draft picks in this trade? I think the draft picks would go to NO.
    PG24: "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

RT @Hoya2aPacer "When I play this game I love. I play to make my teammates better. But I'm a mouther****er on defense."

Like, REGGIE FOR 3!!! cgehlhausen4's Avatar

I love it....The one player i have wanted was Westbrook. Aside from pacers players he is my favorite in the NBA. I think its a good trade, but Id like him to run point and not play the 2. Keep in mind we will have money to spend so we could pick up JR smith to play the 2. We have George to play the 3 we still have money so we pick up NeNe. Starting like up of: Hibbert, NeNe(we would be huge) George, JR. Smith and Russel Westbrook. Idk how our bench would shape up, we would Def have a legit backup PG in DC...
    Craig "The Coon" Gehlhausen

Quote Originally Posted by cgehlhausen4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love it....The one player i have wanted was Westbrook. Aside from pacers players he is my favorite in the NBA. I think its a good trade, but Id like him to run point and not play the 2. Keep in mind we will have money to spend so we could pick up JR smith to play the 2. We have George to play the 3 we still have money so we pick up NeNe. Starting like up of: Hibbert, NeNe(we would be huge) George, JR. Smith and Russel Westbrook. Idk how our bench would shape up, we would Def have a legit backup PG in DC...
    Yea, my suggestion (if this trade were to go down) would be to play him at the 2 with DC to start, and if its not working, move either one of them at the trade deadline because they will be easy to trade